Search for Missing Karen Swift

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#59074 Aug 6, 2012
Ginger has sure been quite this week[ thank God].
I wonder if she got in trouble for threatening Lisa?
JustMe

Jonesboro, AR

#59078 Aug 6, 2012
Just so you will know wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you so sure he hasn't done something?
I know several people personally who have tried, didn't have to pay a dime, and succeeded in getting other threads shut down for a whole lot less than what's on this thread.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#59080 Aug 6, 2012
JustMe wrote:
<quoted text>I know several people personally who have tried, didn't have to pay a dime, and succeeded in getting other threads shut down for a whole lot less than what's on this thread.
Then why won't they remove this one? They told me it doesn't violate their TOS. Guess a murder victim no longer has privacy rights in the cyber court of topix. Sad.
Lisa Karens Sister

United States

#59081 Aug 6, 2012
Lets go vols wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know car, but if the release is made it might put pressure on someone to tell LE what they know. I just think that deadly silence, leads to no where. And not necessarily the killer has to tell anyone, but it could put a lot more pressure on him if it is released.
Who is the "him" you refer to? Think you said a woman could be involved and that you are 50/50. Who is "him"?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#59082 Aug 6, 2012
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
To jump into this conversation with RIT, I always had the impression that the call to the son was part of the cover-up. He was smart enough to get her vehicle off the property, even if it was just a quarter mile away. It served an immediate purpose and that was to imply that Karen had left the premises on her own volition.
The next logical step in the cover-up would be to feign interest in her whereabouts.
It was my understanding that the call to the son was a request for him to call his mother to see if she would answer her phone for him. Thus implying to the son that his mom just may be mad at the dad, for whatever reason, and maybe she'll answer for the son.
Which begs the question, how many times had DS had to do this? Was it common for DS and KS to be mad at one another and have to use the son(s) to make contact?
Anyway, once the son had attempted to call his mother, DS didn't react when it was unsuccessful. It's my understanding that KS's friends called DS asking about her whereabouts. It was the friends who were not satisfied with DS's concern and initially called to report KS missing. They were informed by LE to have DS report the circumstances.
They wanted him on record from the first moments of this case.
First, let me apoligize for the outburst earlier, I will really try to curb my responses.

This whole thing with the calls and taking a son to "find" his mother has really stuck with me. Bothers me because I question the motives of a parent that puts his bhild in this position. It seems inappropriate to me to involve a child in adult drama, especially during a divorce. A child, no matter how old, would be placed in a horrible position and never really understand the situation.
On that morning in october when David called his son, his worry was great, when he found out the car was down the road and couldn't reach Karen, worry was very appropriate. What, IMO, was not appropriate, was not calling the police or even changing the tire, just nothing. Friends were worried enough to call the police, but the man who calld his son with worry, did not.

Location hidden

#59083 Aug 6, 2012
Lisa Karens Sister wrote:
<quoted text>
You will never justify Karen's murder no matter how you slice it. Sisters grow up, may not see each other or speak on a daily basis but I can assure you that the bond never goes away. I have wished a hundred times over that I could have been there to protect her that night. I wish it had been me and not her. I can promise you that if she were here and I was the one that had been murdered, she would have done the same thing for me regardless of the trash that you choose to believe.
I hate that you have to share such painful, uncomfortable truths with strangers and respect the devotion that keeps you here. Do you want me to stop posting, if you ask I am done. Hurting you or your family is the LAST thing I want a part of.

Location hidden

#59084 Aug 6, 2012
Carmarthen wrote:
<quoted text>Then why won't they remove this one? They told me it doesn't violate their TOS. Guess a murder victim no longer has privacy rights in the cyber court of topix. Sad.
Also it's BS that anyone would have to pay any of their hard earned money to have a thread removed that was started by a spineless piece of trash in a sick attempt to inflict emotional injury on another person and their loved ones.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#59085 Aug 6, 2012
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate that you have to share such painful, uncomfortable truths with strangers and respect the devotion that keeps you here. Do you want me to stop posting, if you ask I am done. Hurting you or your family is the LAST thing I want a part of.
I thought of posting the same. If it will help I will. I pray constantly for karen her family kids and friends. That won't stop, but if you want, I too, will go away instantly. At least you will see some people who truly do want and hope the best for your family.

Covington, LA

#59086 Aug 6, 2012
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
First, let me apoligize for the outburst earlier, I will really try to curb my responses.
This whole thing with the calls and taking a son to "find" his mother has really stuck with me. Bothers me because I question the motives of a parent that puts his bhild in this position. It seems inappropriate to me to involve a child in adult drama, especially during a divorce. A child, no matter how old, would be placed in a horrible position and never really understand the situation.
On that morning in october when David called his son, his worry was great, when he found out the car was down the road and couldn't reach Karen, worry was very appropriate. What, IMO, was not appropriate, was not calling the police or even changing the tire, just nothing. Friends were worried enough to call the police, but the man who calld his son with worry, did not.
Have been out of town... Just catching up, reading front to back.
My thoughts on the calls..I can understand calling a son to have him call the mother if she's missing but avoids the spouse's call.
HOWEVER, and it is a big however. IF the spouse told the police she could be out with a boyfriend, and there was no boyfriend, then the call to the son to locate her is a ruse. Especially if he fooled with her phone and computer and had been suspicious without there being a boyfriend.

So. Was there a boyfriend, or only the anger/jealousy/fear of a boyfriend?
Anger/ jealousy/ fear of boyfriend without there being a boyfriend is very revealing.
JMO
Lisa Karens Sister

United States

#59087 Aug 6, 2012
scorpiomoon wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not LE in TN, Lisa, but I believe your assessment is correct. That is, provided they were able to determine the cause of death. If they could not for some reason, that is information they would also possibly withhold.
Ex LE from pokie I am sure.

Location hidden

#59088 Aug 6, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Have been out of town... Just catching up, reading front to back.
My thoughts on the calls..I can understand calling a son to have him call the mother if she's missing but avoids the spouse's call.
HOWEVER, and it is a big however. IF the spouse told the police she could be out with a boyfriend, and there was no boyfriend, then the call to the son to locate her is a ruse. Especially if he fooled with her phone and computer and had been suspicious without there being a boyfriend.
So. Was there a boyfriend, or only the anger/jealousy/fear of a boyfriend?
Anger/ jealousy/ fear of boyfriend without there being a boyfriend is very revealing.
JMO
Hope you had a good trip!
It has never set well with me. I have never heard about a boyfriend from anyone who was close to Karen, so I tend to doubt it. So many rumors but once the dust clears, the pure rumors kind of reveal themselves. This one struck me as bunk.

Location hidden

#59089 Aug 6, 2012
kybluebell wrote:
Ginger has sure been quite this week[ thank God].
I wonder if she got in trouble for threatening Lisa?
why would you make such a strange comment like that?

Location hidden

#59091 Aug 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Ex LE from pokie I am sure.
Lol, and it clicks into place! Could this be a formal le source!?!

Location hidden

#59092 Aug 6, 2012
Ah...#%^*

Location hidden

#59093 Aug 6, 2012
She's like beetleguice.

Location hidden

#59094 Aug 6, 2012
scorpiomoon wrote:

<quoted text>
I'm not LE in TN, Lisa, but I believe your assessment is correct. That is, provided they were able to determine the cause of death. If they could not for some reason, that is information they would also possibly withhold.

i have a fear that they could not determine the cause of death and this is a cold case.
Lisa Karens Sister

United States

#59095 Aug 6, 2012
Really in Texas wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, and it clicks into place! Could this be a formal le source!?!
You got it.

And I would love for this thread to end. Karen no longer has a voice and she is what matters to me. If all the posters that care about justice for her leave, I will be left to battle this alone. I will stay as long as it takes and hope and pray that it will all be over soon.

Location hidden

#59097 Aug 6, 2012
<quoted text>You got it.

And I would love for this thread to end. Karen no longer has a voice and she is what matters to me. If all the posters that care about justice for her leave, I will be left to battle this alone. I will stay as long as it takes and hope and pray that it will all be over soon.
You are not alone. You will never be alone. <3

Location hidden

#59099 Aug 6, 2012
lisa i have never made a threat towards you. i will no longer respond to you.

Location hidden

#59100 Aug 6, 2012
<quoted text>You got it.

You stay strong and keep fighting for your sister! Just because you don't see a lot of us posting anymore doesn't mean we are not here. I am checking in still 2-3 times a day hoping for something new or that they have finally arrested him but all I see is a select few who are keeping the faith and a bunch of trouble makers who think this is some kind of game. Most the time these days I don't even know how to respond to some of these posters so I don't but ever once in a while I have to say something! Just hang in there and know some of us are still here and waiting and watching and still praying for justice for Karen. I am hoping and praying this murderer does NOT get away with this but just keep in the back of your mind that anything we could do or say or any kind of punishment man could give him will not come CLOSE to what Gods punishment will be. There is a possibility the murderer of this beautiful mother, sister, daughter, friend and child of God might walk free on this earth but that is only for a short time and the murderer will have to stand before God for what he has done to your sister. Karen was just not your sister or the children's mother or your parents daughter but Karen was Gods child, Gods daughter, there is a verse in the Bible that says vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord, I am sure the Lords vengeance is really what this murderer better be thinking about! I sort of got off subject but the point was just to let you know some of us are REALLY here even though you may not here us. I am still praying for you and your family daily that the Lord will continue to keep you strong and give you peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rob wood and Jennifer wood 3 min Guest 2
Karen Swift/ Phil Bivens 1 hr Hello 153
Kroger has mice infestation? 2 hr LetsGoKrogering 14
Help with Christmas 2 hr YourNoseIsGrowing 24
Not ONE (1) Mexican in court in Dyer County 2 hr Danno 8
Wispak 6 hr Looking 3
Develey 6 hr Curious 3

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance