Search for Missing Karen Swift

East Saint Louis, IL

#38520 Apr 30, 2012
Lisa Karens Sister wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all going to be surprised!
Lisa I know you have read my comments and no like I have said before I didn't know Karen..no matter what she did she did NOT deserve to be killed.I have told you before I smh the one called G. out on the drug lies and it will soon come out Karen was NOT on drugs..I pray everyday for justice and for the family.A lot of these People on here will be surprised if an arrest is ever made.I think they have had enough evidence to make an arrest but they say it's a back and forth game with the lawyer and DA...Whatever happened between you and Karen is in the past she is looking down at you smiling so proud of you on here for her and standing up for her..In heaven she forgives..God bless you and the family!
Dawg

Granger, IN

#38521 Apr 30, 2012
get a grip wrote:
Dawg said it best...."interim entertainment."
Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha, oh, sorry, lost control there for a moment.
I'm glad everyone can see the pos for what it is now. I've been holding my tongue for a couple months, waiting the the obvious to hit the fan.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#38522 Apr 30, 2012
As I surfed the web for my morning news I ran across a story on the usatoday website.

Domestic violence rises in sluggish economy, police report

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/201...

"You are dealing with households in which people have lost jobs or are in fear of losing their jobs," Wexler said. "That is an added stress that can push people to the breaking point."
Dawg

Granger, IN

#38523 Apr 30, 2012
From the October 2011 divorce filing, we can easily assume that the Swift household had reached a breaking point. We don't know the particulars that occurred up to that point though.
When I look at the situation, I see a family living the American Dream. Homeownership, nice cars and a, seemingly, wonderful group of children.
What could be wrong with this picture? Financial strain?
I don't think there's many among us who hasn't felt some kind of strain with the economy being what it is. Some were more prepared or situationed to weather this storm than others.
Too many people are all too willing to play the game of "keeping up with the Jones". The appearances of wealth, or at least the appearance of doing well is important to some. It's sad when the smoke and mirrors come tumbling down, exposing the dysfunction for all to see.
If I were to take a guess, I would say that the overriding factor in the Swift's failed marriage can be tied to their finances. It's something we will probably not hear too much about, and rightly so. There's no excuse for murder.
It's been said, but not verified, that the Swift home is now up for sale. That was going to happen, sooner or later, regardless of the events on October 30, 2011. It's more tied to the events of October 11, 2011, the culmination of many factors, but none more serious than finances.
When guys are the breadwinner, they tend to get stuck on stupid when it comes to finding their way through the crisis. I've always appreciated my wife's contributions, both financially and intellectually when it comes to making it from one paycheck to the next. A family can't have an autocratic command structure in the household and expect it to work all the time.
Of course, my mind has been contaminated with the information discussed on this thread. We talked extensively about the supposed controlling nature of Mr. Swift. Although I admit that there's no clear evidence of that, it still has a ring of truth to it.
I don't plan on apologizing to anyone for being a realist. I have my suspicions and I believe they are well founded. Too many things fit and I do believe LE is on top of this case.
All we have to do is have some patience and allow the investigation to vindicate the innocent and convict the guilty.
I think all of us agree that in no way should Mrs. Swift be put on trial. It doesn't matter to me what kind of lifestyle she was living or longing for. She had a right to pursue her own ideals and dreams without fear.
For the coward who committed this crime, your day of reckoning is on the horizon. Count on that.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#38524 Apr 30, 2012
Hope everyone has a great day!
Dawg

Granger, IN

#38525 Apr 30, 2012
guest wrote:
..and when Forensic came the first time why did he not make sure every inch was searched..Oops they forgot the attached garage so they had to come back to search it..
There are specific elements that LE has to provide before a judge can, or will, sign a search warrant.
LE has to plainly state the items being searched for.

"For the search and seizure of an item to be valid, the officer can only search in places where the item sought can be found. For example, he cannot search for an elephant in a jewelry box and then legally seize drugs found in the jewelry box."

Read more: What Do the Police Need to Obtain a Search Warrant?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6388500_do-need-obt...

Jackson, TN

#38526 Apr 30, 2012
Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
There are specific elements that LE has to provide before a judge can, or will, sign a search warrant.
LE has to plainly state the items being searched for.
"For the search and seizure of an item to be valid, the officer can only search in places where the item sought can be found. For example, he cannot search for an elephant in a jewelry box and then legally seize drugs found in the jewelry box."
Read more: What Do the Police Need to Obtain a Search Warrant?| eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6388500_do-need-obt...
TRUTH...The warrant was issued to search all property and grounds and they did NOT in the 1st search.A Warrant can be issued in a day with probable cause.We are not talkin about drugs..in which they have gotten a warrant for meth busts in the same day..We are talkin about a dead woman's body being found that is when the report came back about NOT searching the attached garage..NOT A SHED OUT BACK..

United States

#38527 Apr 30, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>NG him not calling a search near there has a lot of people questioning why...Yes no one is perfect but our God and you just don't over look an area near a cemetery that close to home..For the caretaker no he was not a suspect but he DID say he cut back and cleaned that area the year before so my opinion and asking why along with others a case like this experts get called in.Box knew there was a caretaker over that cemetery for him to clean and cut the kudzu back he knew where the dangeous places where and that was NOT one of them.That was the BIGGEST AND STUPIDEST mistakes made..and when Forensic came the first time why did he not make sure every inch was searched..Oops they forgot the attached garage so they had to come back to search it..The dogs should have been used the first few critical days from her car to her home to the cemetery to the bridge..Her body would have not been in that kind of shape due to the weather and the animals...Karen never had a chance when she walked in that house that night to so called searches till now...So sad.
First of all she was not found in the cemetery and if they had searched it immediately they would not have found her body where it was hidden near and next to the cemetery in the kudzu. The body only appeared when the kudzu died and fell on her body. After only a day or so, I wouldn't think the smell would have been that bad considering the weather was still at some cool temps at the end of October first part of November. Why does everybody want to blame a botched investigation on law enforcement? There are mistakes in every case but could be that in this case there just plainly isn't enough evidence for them to make an arrest just yet. Besides her body might not have even been there when the searches were done so what good would that have done. I don't know what day they were searching in that general area, but if it was close to the first part of that week, I don't think decomp would have been far enough along to have a strong odor. From the pics I saw, most searchers had on jackets or coats so it must have been rather cool.

United States

#38528 Apr 30, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>TRUTH...The warrant was issued to search all property and grounds and they did NOT in the 1st search.A Warrant can be issued in a day with probable cause.We are not talkin about drugs..in which they have gotten a warrant for meth busts in the same day..We are talkin about a dead woman's body being found that is when the report came back about NOT searching the attached garage..NOT A SHED OUT BACK..
Do you know this as an absolute certainity or just more hearsay.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#38529 Apr 30, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>TRUTH...The warrant was issued to search all property and grounds and they did NOT in the 1st search.A Warrant can be issued in a day with probable cause.We are not talkin about drugs..in which they have gotten a warrant for meth busts in the same day..We are talkin about a dead woman's body being found that is when the report came back about NOT searching the attached garage..NOT A SHED OUT BACK..
Oh bullsh!t. Did you even read the link that I provided? Evidently not.
LE had no probable cause to suspect that a dead body was on the Swift property. At that point in time, it was simply a missing person's case.
Once a body was found, LE went back looking for a murder weapon.
sad

Beech Bluff, TN

#38530 Apr 30, 2012
It has been long enough. Can't they come up with what happen to Karen. Someone knows but they want release the information.
United States

#38531 Apr 30, 2012
GOOD MORNING , everyone !!

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#38532 Apr 30, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>NG him not calling a search near there has a lot of people questioning why...Yes no one is perfect but our God and you just don't over look an area near a cemetery that close to home..For the caretaker no he was not a suspect but he DID say he cut back and cleaned that area the year before so my opinion and asking why along with others a case like this experts get called in.Box knew there was a caretaker over that cemetery for him to clean and cut the kudzu back he knew where the dangeous places where and that was NOT one of them.That was the BIGGEST AND STUPIDEST mistakes made..and when Forensic came the first time why did he not make sure every inch was searched..Oops they forgot the attached garage so they had to come back to search it..The dogs should have been used the first few critical days from her car to her home to the cemetery to the bridge..Her body would have not been in that kind of shape due to the weather and the animals...Karen never had a chance when she walked in that house that night to so called searches till now...So sad.
All that I can say is, that they searched everywhere where the tips and leads came in at. In the areas that they searched, they always found clues in that area. There were no mistakes in the searchings.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#38533 Apr 30, 2012
sad wrote:
It has been long enough. Can't they come up with what happen to Karen. Someone knows but they want release the information.
Box noted some people would like to see them make an arrest in the case as quickly as possible, but said they must be patient and wait until all of the reports are complete.
"Although our office has quite a bit of physical evidence in this case, we have not and will not name any suspect, until we receive all results of lab processing that we need to complete the investigation," said Box.
Information about the case has also been the topic of discussion and some have requested more details be released to the public. District Attorney General Phil Bivens stated for the sake of the investigation, very little would be released at this time.
"It is an ongoing homicide investigation and until somebody is charged, there cannot be a lot of details released," said Bivens.
When asked whether or not Swift's case is tied to any other cases with similar circumstances, Box said it is not.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1804735.htm...
Dawg

Granger, IN

#38534 Apr 30, 2012
KARMA wrote:
GOOD MORNING , everyone !!
Good morning, Karma.

I'm on the run today, so I'll be in and out.

Location hidden

#38535 Apr 30, 2012
Today marks six months in this case. Six months ago, she came up missing. I feel that this case is narrowing down to the person that did this.

Please remember this!
J4K!!

Location hidden

#38536 Apr 30, 2012
please wrote:
<quoted text>Ummmmmmm I am calling you out on this my LE friend is reading all these comments he said you Ginger some more they do nit know who y'all are under these names..And half of the stuff you write is said to be FALSE!
I am not worried about what happened yesterday. I know it wasn't me. I have never put anything false on this thread, so I am not worried about anthing else.
hmmm

United States

#38537 Apr 30, 2012
i think her husband did it....

Location hidden

#38538 Apr 30, 2012
The real ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I am not worried about what happened yesterday. I know it wasn't me. I have never put anything false on this thread, so I am not worried about anthing else.
What ever judge icon faires... You can disagree with me all you want. I know that wasn't me yesterday.

Location hidden

#38539 Apr 30, 2012
hmmm wrote:
i think her husband did it....
There is some that thinks he did it. You have people that think that another person did it. I say that some people has an open mind. This is a good observation from you though...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hilary King Wilson 1 hr Keep Away 1
Dyersburg roads 3 hr Guest6750 5
Wes Westmoreland (Oct '13) 4 hr Gomer 9
Is there a Muslim working at our Kroger? 6 hr Cheech 24
Is Trump really God? 8 hr Demopublican 1
Democrats have lost it 8 hr Forf drade 11
I am looking for a Weimaraner stud (Jan '11) 8 hr Wolf hound 47
Karen S. 9 hr Lind 134
Homewrecker 10 hr Common Sense 9

Dyersburg Jobs