Search for Missing Karen Swift

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3666 Dec 11, 2011
officerswife2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what I have read that she lived very close to where her car was found. Since she was an active runner her friends were saying she could have ran home to get help for the flat. Using google maps, where the cemetery is, isn't that far from where her car was located right? Like 3 miles? I've also read that some people think it's not Karen they have found-we need to wait and see. I just don't understand how someone could look over a fresh dug grave. Usually when somebody is buried you can tell because of the dirt- unless its not a place where people go too often or cops didn't search there? Jmo
Don't listen to ummmmmmm or his alter ego Mr. Nosey. He's just on an ego trip. If you notice, he changes his story every 10 posts. He has a need to feel important, but its obvious he doesn't have insider information.
I agree with everything else you said! It is strange that this grave wasn't noticed before now. Perhaps she was moved there recently or the grave was covered with leaves and debris so the dirt wasn't obvious.
Concerned

United States

#3667 Dec 11, 2011
DarkOrbit wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the cemetary where she was found was called Three Crosses Cemetary because of the large crosses there. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but that is what I heard someone call the cemetary.
It's Bledsoe Cemetary.

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3669 Dec 11, 2011
ummmmmmm wrote:
Speaking on the condition of anonymity to www.blinkoncrime.com , a source inside the investigation has confirmed that conversation on a police scanner earlier this afternoon indicated the remains are believed to be that of Karen Johnson Swift, and they were found based on a tip from an undisclosed source. It is not known if that source has ties to David Swift... Like I said all along there was a tip called to LE and ya'll have been arguing with me. Listen I know what I've been saying all along, and there is more to come.
If they had a tip all along like you said they wouldnt have waited until saturday to check it out. And the le wouldnt make a statement over the scanner that the remains are beiieved to be Karens. Alot of people have polies scanners. Your so stupid. and everyone already knows there is more to come. Everyone knows they will name a suspect soon.

Location hidden

#3670 Dec 11, 2011
Either it was just moved or it wasn't inside the cemetery. Maybe in the woods? On google maps the who area looks hilly to me kind of. How long does it take a body to decompose like severly bad? Depending on the weather I guess? I do think the car/clothes/phone was staged. Was her phone really used at 5 am by her? Or did somebody else use it? They say it was turned off but maybe it went dead? Her friend says she was constantly on her phone so idk, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I just pray for justice in this case and I also am praying for the officers and pray they have the knowledge to solve this case and soon.

Location hidden

#3671 Dec 11, 2011
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Bledsoe Cemetary.
TY for that info. Do locals call it Three Crosses? I just recall someone referring to it as Three Crosses, but this IS Topix, lol!
Just a Teenage Girl

Sioux City, IA

#3672 Dec 11, 2011
officers girlfriend wrote:
<quoted text>Nope they were NOT watching him close...matter of fact they did NOT watch his house the night she went missing or the night after the day they searched on that Tuesday..They did NOT watch where phone was pinged down at the river..I know for a fact some spoke up and suggested it but Sheriff Box told them it's no need in it...if he Jeff would have used his brain and not running off trying to get on the news all the time maybe this would have been solved the first week because they would have seen who planted her clothes..they have NOT watched that house one night...I am just beginning telling every little details what Box has done to screw this case up..I was stupid enough to vote for him..God be with his children..
I don't think it's that Jeff was trying to "get on all the news", i'm pretty sure they didn't have a warrant to search anywhere, much less be on someones property when they are not wanted there on the night she was reported missing. They could have watched from a distance, but why do that when majority of the houses located close to where the Swift's live are far away from the road and theres probably was too. It would be pointless to have cops there when they could be doing their job in town instead of watching a house where they couldn't have done anything even if they did see something that was questionable to them.
Just a Teenage Girl

Sioux City, IA

#3673 Dec 11, 2011
ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I knew that it was only rumor, but this i the big thing about that... the cross was burnt, that is the reason they replaced it with a new one. As far as a baby no, there wasn't a baby at all... but we have to assume that there was an incident at that cross with it being burnt.
I don't know how true this is, but I was told last night that a man hung himself from that cross before. I'm not sure of a year though. Has anyone else heard this? That might be a/the reason why they burned the old cross or maybe it was even from the new one.
Just a Teenage Girl

Sioux City, IA

#3674 Dec 11, 2011
Concerned wrote:
I was told the crosses were placed there in remembrance of the people who died in a tornado that ripped through that area.
This whole case terrifies me because i've been out to that cross multiple times. Me and my friends liked to go out there during the day and sometimes at night because the cross is so pretty, especially at night when it's lit up. There is a memorial for the people who lost their lives in the tornado a few years ago. It's very nice and has everyones name on it. It's only one big cross up there though and it has been there way before the tornado happened.
Just a Teenage Girl

Sioux City, IA

#3675 Dec 11, 2011
hmmmm wrote:
This ain't Memphis and where the body was found is a place that most likely only locals know! It's not that easy to get too.
It's not hard to get to at all. All you do is turn off of 78 and it's a straight shot there.

Location hidden

#3676 Dec 11, 2011
Fee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok let's make this real simple...you state above "when my husband takes a case and tells me about it I'm not allowed to talk about it." the problem is whatever case he takes as a professional, he is not to talk to You about it. That breeching the law!
Btw he doesn't give me every single detail. You know cases are public records you can go to the station and ask to see a case. Even driving records are public. I'm glad he doesn't keep it bottled up inside bc he sees a lot of bad things that would have to affect him and I know officers who have literally went crazy and became alcoholics bc of it.
ummmmmmm

Mayfield, KY

#3677 Dec 11, 2011
Psychic Crime Fighters Want Sketch of Suspect In Holly Bobo Kidnapping Pulled Down What Is Wrong With These People. The “Psychic Crime Fighters” run by Shellee Hale want the psychic sketch of a suspect in Holly Bobo kidnapping pulled down.

Cops have not seen JAMES EDMOND GUNTERMAN for over two years, his weight will vary from what is posted on his wanted poster, especially due to the fact that the Louisville Metro Police Department, Kentucky State Police and the U.S. Marshals Service are after him.

It is very rare that the “psychic” world and the real world actually agree on anything.

Dear Ashlee; “Big Jim” Gunterman is an “existing” Sexual Predator on the loose in Southwest Kentucky who is a match for the psychic sketch of the Holly Bobo kidnapper.

Maybe Psycho Crime Fighter Ashlee and Shellee Hale would want to explain to the parents of Holly Bobo (Karen and Dana Bobo photo above) why they need to have a potential lead to the kidnaper of Holly removed from public view
Sick!

Location hidden

#3678 Dec 11, 2011
Just a Teenage Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it's that Jeff was trying to "get on all the news", i'm pretty sure they didn't have a warrant to search anywhere, much less be on someones property when they are not wanted there on the night she was reported missing. They could have watched from a distance, but why do that when majority of the houses located close to where the Swift's live are far away from the road and theres probably was too. It would be pointless to have cops there when they could be doing their job in town instead of watching a house where they couldn't have done anything even if they did see something that was questionable to them.
Moving a body or planting evidence (clothing) wouldn't be "questionable". LE should have been watching the husband from day one.

Location hidden

#3679 Dec 11, 2011
officerswife2010 wrote:
Either it was just moved or it wasn't inside the cemetery. Maybe in the woods? On google maps the who area looks hilly to me kind of. How long does it take a body to decompose like severly bad? Depending on the weather I guess? I do think the car/clothes/phone was staged. Was her phone really used at 5 am by her? Or did somebody else use it? They say it was turned off but maybe it went dead? Her friend says she was constantly on her phone so idk, it will be interesting to see how this unfolds. I just pray for justice in this case and I also am praying for the officers and pray they have the knowledge to solve this case and soon.
Media reports stated that the 5am useage was from an automatic update and not something dialed out, an incomming call or texted.
People

United States

#3680 Dec 11, 2011
Would everybody just stop and realize that yaw are all bickering back and forth at each other! NOBODY knows what really happened to her except her and the person who did it. Let the LE do their job and just maybe we'll get justice for her family. This is so sad that everybody is arguing over the details of Karens death
and we don't even know if the body found was even hers. We should be consoling the family and comforting them. The family don't need people making false judgement...they just want the truth!
Wolfscratch glenn adams

Jasper, GA

#3681 Dec 11, 2011
'Food for thought'-

http://psychowatcher.wordpress.com/2011/03/29...

“We haven’t seen that kind of pattern in Memphis very often, but it does happen around the nation. Unfortunately, there are some very mentally ill individuals out there,” said Richard Janikowski, an associate professor at the University of Memphis’s Department of Criminology and Justice.

This is a crime of violence and power and hate against women. It’s not vigilantism. This is the kind of crime that is not related to profit motive.

This isn’t like a robbery or a burglary. This is a crime of violence against women,” said Janikowski,

Janikowski said it’s common for killers in these cases to favor a spot where they dispose of the bodies. He believes the killer either lives in the area or grew up in the area.

Police Still Search for Answers

No new cases have emerged or been reported since the deaths of Wells, Lewis or McKinney. Something Janikowski said is not surprising.

“Sometimes, they will desist for a period of time. But with this kind of pattern, they will start again,” said Janikowski.

Memphis police spokesmen still have not come out and said they’re looking for a serial killer. Janikowski said this is typical and said doing so could hinder an investigation.
Visual1

Katy, TX

#3682 Dec 11, 2011
irate observer wrote:
Oh, my goodness! Ya'll got some real feisty folks in Dyer county...just reading about woman being arrested for taking FB/Topix argument too far. Everybody needs to calm down. Only person that NEEDS to be arrested is Karen's killer.
Agreed! OT FYI...

Woman Arrested After Facebook Fight

By Caitlyn Jones
By [email protected]

Story Created: Dec 8, 2011 CST
(
Story Updated: Dec 8, 2011 at 11:19 PM CST )

A Henderson County woman was arrested after investigators said she took an argument that started on Facebook too far.

Deputies said Amanda Fay Bull, 23 had been exchanging angry messages over Facebook and Topix with another woman for months. The victim told 7 Eyewitness News it eventually led to the two of them insulting one another's children. After that, Bull allegedly showed up at the victim's house and started beating down her door and threatening her. The victims said her four children were home at the time and she was in fear for their safety.

"She admits to going, she admits 'yes, I was angry when I went.' Her exact words were,'I'm probably incriminating myself, but yes I was going over there mad,'" said Captain Tracy Grisham of the Henderson County Sheriff's Department.

Bull is charged with aggravated burglary and vandalism over $500. She is currently free on bond.

Location hidden

#3683 Dec 11, 2011
People wrote:
Would everybody just stop and realize that yaw are all bickering back and forth at each other! NOBODY knows what really happened to her except her and the person who did it. Let the LE do their job and just maybe we'll get justice for her family. This is so sad that everybody is arguing over the details of Karens death
and we don't even know if the body found was even hers. We should be consoling the family and comforting them. The family don't need people making false judgement...they just want the truth!
True about the arguing/bickering, but many here aren't local so comforting and consoling the family isn't possible. It is and will always be human nature to speculate when horrendous things happen to others. BTW, isn't your post a bit on the argumentative side? Instead of being part of the problem, why not be part of the solution and don't post here if it upsets you?

Location hidden

#3684 Dec 11, 2011
People wrote:
And what is a "yaw" anyway?
Wolfscratch glenn adams

Jasper, GA

#3685 Dec 11, 2011
Check out the video 'Project Amber (original song preview)- by Chris Yenney - Coming this Fall.'

Project Amber (original song preview)- by Chris Yenney - Coming this Fall.
Hey Everyone, This is a preview to my upcoming song release, "Amber". I'm hoping to get as many of you involved in the project as possible...
Video link:

http://peace4missing.ning.com/video/video/sho ...

ws
hillbilly02

Sioux City, IA

#3686 Dec 11, 2011
I bet someone has skip town.and looking over there shoulder this morning

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Mexicans Did It Again 12 min Michelle Patricks 25
not one day 3 hr mrff455 3
Sheriff's office 4 hr Sheriff Rosco P C... 70
Highlands of dyersburg 4 hr Tyrone 3
Baseball 4 hr edwin 7
Dyersburg driving test (Aug '12) 11 hr taco 10
Detox help.. 12 hr taco 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dyersburg Mortgages