Search for Missing Karen Swift

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#3452 Dec 10, 2011
Visual1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gazette article said the body was in the "early stages" of decomposition, which is interesting. If it is confirmed to be Karen, she has been missing since the end of October. By now, the body should be in a more advanced state of decomposition if in fact the article is accurate. If it has been consistently cold there all this time, that would slow decomposition. I don't know what the weather has been like there since I am not local. If it has not been consistently cold then I believe she was kept somewhere and recently moved to the cemetary. It certainly seems like LE would have discovered the body when they searched the area.
I am not that far away from the area and we have had LOTS of warmer days since Oct. 31. More warm than cooler. The cooler weather has just been the past couple of weeks. I just wonder who and how they found her. I if it was a search or someone just stumbled up on it by accident.

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#3453 Dec 10, 2011
Visual1 wrote:
<quoted text>
In a deep freezer
That's exactly what I was thinking. Guess I have watched too much NCIS, Law & Order CI, Forensic Files, and Dateline ID .
Visual1

Katy, TX

#3454 Dec 10, 2011
Watching from a distance wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps she was being held and was only killed and moved there recently?????
That's an excellent point and that thought crossed my mind also. However, it really depends on who the perp is and why they took her in the first place. I am leaning more towards her being killed shortly after she diappeared and someone having stashed the body somewhere. I live in a very large metropolitan area - Houston - and can't begin to tell you all the places bodies are found around here. I was quite serious when I said she may have been stored in a deep freeze until the "heat" was off. No pun intended. That would certainly explain early stages of decomposition. Of course, this is all in speculation that the body is in fact confirmed to be Karen.
Watching from a distance

Monterey, TN

#3455 Dec 10, 2011
Does anyone have any sources to find out who found the body?
Watching from a distance

Monterey, TN

#3456 Dec 10, 2011
ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I will let you know Monday Morning, even if they don't have a suspect yet...
Just tell us this...do you think there is a killer on the loose or was this an isolated case? Does the general public need to be scared?
Visual1

Katy, TX

#3457 Dec 10, 2011
Just so you will know wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not that far away from the area and we have had LOTS of warmer days since Oct. 31. More warm than cooler. The cooler weather has just been the past couple of weeks. I just wonder who and how they found her. I if it was a search or someone just stumbled up on it by accident.
Ok, thanks for the info! Then, IMO, the body was moved recently. No way could it be left near/in? the woods for this length of time, exposed to the elements, and be in the early stages of decomposition.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3458 Dec 10, 2011
This is so sad. I'm praying for her family :(
yep

Humboldt, TN

#3459 Dec 10, 2011
sue wrote:
Her body was badly decomposed..how did the not find her in the searches..
I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING!! THE BODY WAS FOUND A MILE OR LESS FROM HER HOUSE!!! COME ON, PPL!!! SCOOBY DOO WOULD KNOW TO CHECK THERE FIRST!!!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#3460 Dec 10, 2011
Also, if they expect to have an I.D. by Monday, wouldn't you think they could pretty much tell who it was since they said it was in early stages of decomposition? If the body was unidentifiable, I would think they would not give a specific date of identification. DNA or dental records sometimes take a while and they have to gather any possible evidence for prosecution.
NO RUMORS

Ash Flat, AR

#3461 Dec 10, 2011
Why would they have put in the news that the body found was in the early stage of decomposition?
Visual1

Katy, TX

#3462 Dec 10, 2011
Mel 1 wrote:
Also, if they expect to have an I.D. by Monday, wouldn't you think they could pretty much tell who it was since they said it was in early stages of decomposition? If the body was unidentifiable, I would think they would not give a specific date of identification. DNA or dental records sometimes take a while and they have to gather any possible evidence for prosecution.
I suspect they know exactly who it is.
a concerned citizen

Jonesboro, AR

#3463 Dec 10, 2011
Visual1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, thanks for the info! Then, IMO, the body was moved recently. No way could it be left near/in? the woods for this length of time, exposed to the elements, and be in the early stages of decomposition.
The news said badly decomposed.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3464 Dec 10, 2011
Did the article say the body was badly decomposed? I thought it said early stages?

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#3465 Dec 10, 2011
yep wrote:
<quoted text>
I WAS THINKING THE EXACT SAME THING!! THE BODY WAS FOUND A MILE OR LESS FROM HER HOUSE!!! COME ON, PPL!!! SCOOBY DOO WOULD KNOW TO CHECK THERE FIRST!!!
And what better way for someone to shift the eye of LE away from theselves than to place the body close to her home and steer them in the direction of the husband? I don't know about this. I think either someone was holding her or had her hidden in a freezer or something for a time. I think LE was probably watching the husband a little too close for him to dispose of her body after the fact. I believe this goes much deeper than a man and woman getting a divorce.
Visual1

Katy, TX

#3466 Dec 10, 2011
officerswife2010 wrote:
Did the article say the body was badly decomposed? I thought it said early stages?
The article said early stages and CC just said the news stated badly decomposed. Badly decomposed makes much more sense should the body be identified as Karen. Who knows what the reality is with the conflicting information.
yea yea yea

Boise, ID

#3467 Dec 10, 2011
State Gazette has changed its story as well. Sheriff Jeff Box States ""Due to the state of decomposition to the body it will be sent to the medical examiner's office in Memphis. They will compare dental records that we have to Ms. Swift to determine if there is a positive identification."

So, it seems the body was NOT in the early stages of Decomp
guest

Poplar Bluff, MO

#3468 Dec 10, 2011
Thats not hard to figure out. did it ever cross your mind that her husband could have put her in the freezer for a few days before he put her in the grave? poople meat will freeze the same as animal meat. Her husband did it. He is the only one who would have a reason. In a divorce she would get half of everything. And wasnt going to let that happen.
officers girlfriend

United States

#3469 Dec 10, 2011
Just so you will know wrote:
<quoted text>
And what better way for someone to shift the eye of LE away from theselves than to place the body close to her home and steer them in the direction of the husband? I don't know about this. I think either someone was holding her or had her hidden in a freezer or something for a time. I think LE was probably watching the husband a little too close for him to dispose of her body after the fact. I believe this goes much deeper than a man and woman getting a divorce.
Nope they were NOT watching him close...matter of fact they did NOT watch his house the night she went missing or the night after the day they searched on that Tuesday..They did NOT watch where phone was pinged down at the river..I know for a fact some spoke up and suggested it but Sheriff Box told them it's no need in it...if he Jeff would have used his brain and not running off trying to get on the news all the time maybe this would have been solved the first week because they would have seen who planted her clothes..they have NOT watched that house one night...I am just beginning telling every little details what Box has done to screw this case up..I was stupid enough to vote for him..God be with his children..

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#3470 Dec 10, 2011
Another thread said the groundskeeper at the cemetery found her in a shallow grave that had washed due to the rain. I guess that explains why she wasn't found in the searches.

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#3471 Dec 10, 2011
guest wrote:
Thats not hard to figure out. did it ever cross your mind that her husband could have put her in the freezer for a few days before he put her in the grave? poople meat will freeze the same as animal meat. Her husband did it. He is the only one who would have a reason. In a divorce she would get half of everything. And wasnt going to let that happen.
From what I understand around the Walnut Ridge area, there wasn't much to divide but debts. A friend of mine that knows them well said they filed bankruptcy more than once.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much do Dyersburg lawyers earn? 24 min who knows all 9
Huddle House refusing service to Mexicans 1 hr Mark 19
Democrats have lost it 1 hr Wild Bill 13
City and County Government 1 hr TrollBuster 14
Dyersburg roads 2 hr TrollBuster 7
Is there a Muslim working at our Kroger? 2 hr DUH 26
Changes to welfare needed 3 hr TrumpSupporter 9
Karen S. 13 hr Lind 134
Homewrecker 13 hr Common Sense 9

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dyersburg Mortgages