Search for Missing Karen Swift
Icon Fairy

Sioux City, IA

#23366 Mar 10, 2012
The cool thing about the "JUDGE IT" option is that it gives you a wonderful chance to speak on a post without having to get into a drawn out conversation with a mindless twit. And its very clear that it serves its purpose. You twits cant stand it that you can reply back with you endless drama... bwahahaha

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#23367 Mar 10, 2012
NG you are right! I have always thought it was DS and that this was a horrible accident or a person in so much pain that he lost control. I believe they had been arguing for a few days and when she went to pick her daughter up she went home and tried to go to bed. I think he was in a rage and she got up so the children would not be disturbed. At that point the fight became physical and violent. I think maybe they were arguing and she was pushed or fell down the stairs. Didn't he say that was the last place he saw her? I think he woke up out of his rage and panicked and only had a short time to put her in the car and hide her and set the car up and get back to the house before the girls woke up. I think DS has a lot to hide and alot to hide from. This is a very sad situation and I do hope I am totally off on this. I however do not see a husband grieving or finding any answers. Something is terribly wrong with this picture!!
JMO

West New York, NJ

#23368 Mar 10, 2012
QUESTION:

Did any one know if LE found Karen's PJ on her bed, or somewere alse in the House ?

JMO
just here

Middlesboro, KY

#23369 Mar 10, 2012
Icon Fairy wrote:
The cool thing about the "JUDGE IT" option is that it gives you a wonderful chance to speak on a post without having to get into a drawn out conversation with a mindless twit. And its very clear that it serves its purpose. You twits cant stand it that you can reply back with you endless drama... bwahahaha
when you post from a mobile phone you are blissfully unaware of the icons. i prefer it myself.
AGREE

Austin, TX

#23370 Mar 10, 2012
just here wrote:
<quoted text>
when you post from a mobile phone you are blissfully unaware of the icons. i prefer it myself.
lol i always use my cell ;)
AGREE

Austin, TX

#23371 Mar 10, 2012
guest i agree with u about the cell prepaid or another line hmmmm????? another line make more sense.
NG touching post agree about many things on ur post
AGREE

Austin, TX

#23372 Mar 10, 2012
spring brake is here and still nathing new about this case :(......well at least we r getting a lot of rain in texas, hope this purified our inviroment and bring clarity to detectives and policemans around our state.:) we need less closed cases and more resolved cases...
0:)
AGREE

Austin, TX

#23373 Mar 10, 2012
nothing*** sorry
AGREE

Austin, TX

#23374 Mar 10, 2012
less cold cases *** my phone auto-correct changed my words :( in any case we need more closed cases :)
Dawg

Granger, IN

#23375 Mar 11, 2012
Very interesting discussion about the phone(s).
I tend to believe that the Bonas did help Mrs. Swift obtain another phone. If so, then the question is why.
I think there was a fear on Mrs. Swift's part, that she shared with her close friends, that Mr. Swift was going to cut her phone off. She had a need and desire to stay connected to her friends constantly.
Then I ask myself, did Mrs. Swift speak to her friends of any fears that she had concerning her soon ex husband to be?
I think there would be some answers in the divorce filings.
I did read an old article on this case last night that DID say that "apparently" the divorce was amicable because the filings contained an agreement on child support. I don't recall if it mentioned custody, but I'll google the article again and post a link.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#23376 Mar 11, 2012
Karen Swift had filed for divorce from her husband on October 10. No lingering issues appeared to have been outlined in those court documents, with the couple seeming to agree on a custody arrangement and child support payments for their younger children, among other details.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-12-12/justice/ju...
Dawg

Granger, IN

#23377 Mar 11, 2012
In that same article:

It was 20 days later, at 1:30 a.m. October 30, that Swift was last seen alive outside her home, according to a previous statement from the Dyer County Sheriff's Office. Her friends had told CNN affiliate WMC that Swift, a 44-year-old mother of four, had just returned home from a Halloween party.

One word stands out to me......"outside".

We can discuss the accuracy of the reporting, or we can discuss the possiblility that Mr. Swift followed his wife outside that night.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#23378 Mar 11, 2012
One last post concerning the phones.
I'm far from being a wireless expert. Common sense tells me that even a prepaid phone has a "signature" when it places a call through the wireless system. All the investigators would need to do is identify one call or text, then the rest of the information comes to light.
As much as we would like to think that we are anonymous in the wireless world, think again. Years ago our government threatened Microsoft chairman, Bill Gates, with anti-trust charges. It was leverage to get Gates to design his software where investigators had access to everyone's information.
The only thing the investigators need is a court order for the information and the wireless providers and web providers will roll over in a heartbeat.
JMO

West New York, NJ

#23379 Mar 11, 2012
Well very interested the 2nd phone .

Maybe she need a 2nd phone for her new landscaping business she starting ? OR

For her to keep private the phone #'s she contact for whatever reason ?

Other inportant info. is/are did she gave her 2 girls & 2 oldest children the new phone #?

Maybe DS tell het to lower the bill (minutes) to use it only to communicate with her children and her children matters, not to be talking all day with her "friends" not to cut-out her from the family plan but put a budget limit ?

So many questions without answers, due to the completed LE silence.

Also any one knows what type of shoes (if any) LE found with her body or with the neatly folded clothes ?

Where her PJ was found ? Home OR ?????

JMO
JMO

West New York, NJ

#23380 Mar 11, 2012
I am 100% sure that LE knows what happened, where and probably who or whom.

Why not an arrest,not POI,no Suspect(s)?

Why their total silence is a real mystery, every other simmilar case(s) We the public had some details and information regarding the circumstances, not this mystery.

JMO
psychicstalker

Benton, KY

#23381 Mar 11, 2012
Dawg wrote:
In that same article:
It was 20 days later, at 1:30 a.m. October 30, that Swift was last seen alive outside her home, according to a previous statement from the Dyer County Sheriff's Office. Her friends had told CNN affiliate WMC that Swift, a 44-year-old mother of four, had just returned home from a Halloween party.
One word stands out to me......"outside".
We can discuss the accuracy of the reporting, or we can discuss the possiblility that Mr. Swift followed his wife outside that night.
good point, b/c he has been saying he did not go outside, maybe his initial story was she went outside the house. Who else would see ger outside but him or the girls.

Hellbilly 1

Since: May 10

South Sioux City, NE

#23382 Mar 11, 2012
What would you dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo for a klondike bar?
Dawg

Granger, IN

#23383 Mar 11, 2012
JMO wrote:
I am 100% sure that LE knows what happened, where and probably who or whom.
Why not an arrest,not POI,no Suspect(s)?
Why their total silence is a real mystery, every other simmilar case(s) We the public had some details and information regarding the circumstances, not this mystery.
JMO
From what I read, the sheriff stated early on that a poi or suspect would be named when it was advantageous to the investigation.
That doesn't mean that they don't have a poi or suspect.
As for the silence from LE, I don't think it's right to play the case out in the public arena. The case is tried in a court of law and LE should insure that the defendant has not been convicted in the court of public opinion ahead of time.
For those that would argue that we are doing exactly that, here on topix, I would say that you're giving this thread more importance than what it really is. There's only a handfull of posters here and most of Dyer County seems to be disinterested in Topix.
If it were to come down to it, this thread would disappear if LE feared we were tainting a potential jury pool.
Dawg

Granger, IN

#23384 Mar 11, 2012
psychicstalker wrote:
<quoted text>
good point, b/c he has been saying he did not go outside, maybe his initial story was she went outside the house. Who else would see ger outside but him or the girls.
The media reports and scant musings by the sheriff doesn't help us out when it comes to the last interaction between Mr. and Mrs. Swift that early morning.
I have read that there was a discussion between the two, but the article didn't reveal what that discussion entailed. The only people that can shed some light on that are the ones who were in the house, awake. That is, unless Mrs. Swift had texted a close friend and relayed what had transpired.
It has been questioned here why friends would report Mrs. Swift missing before Mr. Swift. I think our answer lies with the last texts made by Mrs. Swift.

Since: Apr 11

I'm from 'Round Here

#23386 Mar 11, 2012
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No apparently you are the one that things just do not soak in!! I did not mean you weren't there when she was murdered. I meant you were not around Karen during her life! And as far as the other conversation on the cell phones. Actually, some prepaid cell phone companies do keep records! I have prepaid and at anytime can pull up my records online...calls and texts! Something else I guess you didn't know...
I, too, have a prepaid cell. I have had the same number for approx 5 years and have yet to see anything. Maybe it's there, I don't know. It's on my phone, but that's it. It is on a monthly plan that is take from my checking account and minutes automatically added. For $10 a month, it can't be beat, no more than I use a phone. I have been online on more than one occassion to update, upgrade, etc., and have never seen any records. Even after all this time, my number shows when I call someone, but not my name. They have had my name for 5 years! I guess it depends on what company you have and what you want to pay for. I don't need a record as I know who I call and who calls me and no one else uses my phone because it's not fancy enough for them to use and they have their own. lol

You can go to the Dollar Store, buy a phone, never have to use a name or anything else and buy cards to add minutes. I don't think those are as easily traceable, but believe it or not, I have been wrong before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 13 min Izzy-_- 4,765
The Mexicans Did It Again 34 min Michelle Patricks 2
Detox help.. 2 hr Light 2
My wife is pregnant 4 hr Lezbo 7
Harry rogers looks like Vincent price. lol 4 hr jessica 8
Transitions 6 hr impulse 9
20+ family yard sale July 1st & 2nd 14 hr MODAMBASSADOR 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dyersburg Mortgages