Why is there no restroom in City Hall?

Why is there no restroom in City Hall?

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

IamATaxpayer

Dyersburg, TN

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Has anyone needed to use the restroom while you were in city hall on business? I asked about using the restroom and was told there was "no restroom and I would have go to the police station." Unreal
Citizen

Sioux City, IA

#2 Nov 13, 2012
IamATaxpayer wrote:
Has anyone needed to use the restroom while you were in city hall on business? I asked about using the restroom and was told there was "no restroom and I would have go to the police station." Unreal
City Hall does have a bathroom,its upstairs.Also the Mayor probably has his own private privy.
They lied to you.or they're full of $hit!LOL
IamATaxpayer

Dyersburg, TN

#3 Nov 13, 2012
I am sincerely not wanting to cause trouble I've done an online search and can't find any clear laws that a public restroom must be provided.

http://www.americanrestroom.org/pr/problem.ht...

Dyersburg, TN

#4 Nov 13, 2012
2010 Tennessee Code
Title 68 - Health, Safety and Environmental Protection
Chapter 15 - Miscellaneous Sanitary Regulations
Part 3 - Public Restrooms
68-15-303 - Restroom Access Act.
More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on googlebuzzShare on facebook_like68-15-303. Restroom Access Act.

(a) This section shall be known and may be cited as the “Restroom Access Act.”

(b) As used in this section:

(1) “Customer” means an individual who is lawfully on the premises of a retail establishment;

(2) “Eligible medical condition” means Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, any other inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, or any other medical condition that requires immediate access to a toilet facility; and

(3) “Retail establishment” means a place of business open to the general public for the sale of goods or services.

(c) A retail establishment that has a toilet facility for its employees shall allow a customer to use that facility during normal business hours if all of the following conditions are met:

(1) The customer requesting the use of the employee toilet facility suffers from an eligible medical condition or utilizes an ostomy device;

(2) Three (3) or more employees of the retail establishment are working at the time the customer requests use of the employee toilet facility;

(3) The retail establishment does not normally make a restroom available to the public;

(4) The employee toilet facility is not located in an area where providing access would create an obvious health or safety risk to the customer or an obvious security risk to the retail establishment; and

(5) A public restroom is not immediately accessible to the customer.

(d) A retail establishment or an employee of a retail establishment is not civilly liable for any act or omission in allowing a customer to use an employee toilet facility that is not a public restroom if the act or omission meets all of the following:

(1) It is not willful or grossly negligent;

(2) It occurs in an area of the retail establishment that is not accessible to the public; and

(3) It results in an injury to or death of the customer or any individual other than an employee accompanying the customer.

(e) A retail establishment is not required to make any physical changes to an employee toilet facility under this section.

(f) A retail establishment or an employee of a retail establishment that violates subsection (c) commits a Class C misdemeanor and is only subject to a fine of not more than fifty dollars ($50.00).

(g) When requesting access to an employee toilet facility, a customer shall present to an employee of the retail establishment proof of an eligible medical condition. The proof shall take the form of a document issued by a licensed physician or the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America identifying the presenter of the document and citing the appropriate statutory authority.

[Acts 2008, ch. 864,ยง 1.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.
Hello

Sioux City, IA

#5 Nov 13, 2012
Years ago they would not let my 3 year old who was potty training use the restroom. I had to take her across the street to cableone. She didn't make it. I can understand that people can be very disrespectful in a bathroom, but a 3 year old? I was frustrated to say the least. Looking back I should have complained. I guess I was in shock and a hurry to get my child to a bathroom.
Guest23

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Nov 13, 2012
Guest from Milan, please give me the Cliff Notes version of those TN Rules. It appears one would have needed proof of a medical condition - not something typically carried in the pocket. Public employees should certainly give directions to an upstairs restroom if there were an upstairs restroom and at least show compassion.

United States

#7 Nov 13, 2012
Actually, the requirement that they provide a restroom is in Tennessee State Codes as well as in our local Dyersburg City Codes.
doodooman

Monterey, TN

#8 Nov 13, 2012
I have taken dumps all over the world, but never in city hall so I can't say. City hall itself is a toilet, filled with smelly doodoo. Well you goofs have a swell day.
IAmaTaxpayer

Dyersburg, TN

#9 Nov 13, 2012
Hello, sorry you and your child had such a bad experience. Citizen, I had no idea there was a public upstairs restroom. I pray that I never have to go inside there again.
could it be

Paris, TN

#10 Nov 13, 2012
just wondering/... could it be the building is so old that they are not required to provide these..like an exemption. I know the law applies to new buildings but what about old ones?

Hornsby, TN

#11 Nov 13, 2012
Is that all you an find to complain about... You people are crazy.. try gettin a life...
IAmATaxplayer

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Nov 13, 2012
If you were in building and needed to use the restroom and were not offered access to a restroom you wouldn't think it was crazy!!

Hornsby, TN

#13 Nov 14, 2012
No, i would go elsewhere to use the bathroom.. duh

United States

#14 Nov 14, 2012
I would have peed in the floor and wiped it with my utility bill.

Sioux City, IA

#15 Nov 14, 2012
that is why all the people there are full of shit.
Retail Manager

Memphis, TN

#16 Nov 19, 2012
I run a store where usually there are only 2 people in the store working at any given time. It is very hard to watch the merchandise (we are located in a high-theft city) while taking customers to the restroom, which is located in our storage area- we cannot leave them unattended, for their safety and ours. So we then have issues with what is happening on the sales floor with either theft or just being unable to provide customer service while one of us waits in our store room for customers to do all sorts of interesting things. It's very hard, especially as busy holidays approach, to try to be courteous to shoppers and maintain our business as well.

Sioux City, IA

#17 Nov 19, 2012
Retail Manager wrote:
I run a store where usually there are only 2 people in the store working at any given time. It is very hard to watch the merchandise (we are located in a high-theft city) while taking customers to the restroom, which is located in our storage area- we cannot leave them unattended, for their safety and ours. So we then have issues with what is happening on the sales floor with either theft or just being unable to provide customer service while one of us waits in our store room for customers to do all sorts of interesting things. It's very hard, especially as busy holidays approach, to try to be courteous to shoppers and maintain our business as well.
we are talking about city hall. not a walmart.
City

Humboldt, TN

#18 Nov 19, 2012
Look at the low class sh1t on here .Do you realy thank we want to set are szz where yours has been?????

Dyersburg, TN

#19 Nov 19, 2012
every place cshould be required to have a public rfest rooms

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hey 10 min edwin in drag 2
NMS volleyball coach Stacy Mcvay 32 min Guest 20
Mark Ten XL e~vapor devices 4 super cheap 47 min abc 1
Riley Rector 1 hr unknown 8
Sheriff's office 2 hr I Know 91
Indictments 3 hr Whew 1
Cody hollis-sellout 3 hr Whew 5
sweetwater salon 3 hr Big Rick 31
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 3 hr Quest 106,080
Looking to have some fun 8 hr randy got scared ... 53