First Prev
of 7
Next Last
FUNNY2

United States

#123 Mar 27, 2010
Rebecca or Red wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW somebody else on here talkin their lame tired ass bullshit.Its amazin to me how boring somebodies life is that all they can do is talk shit bout somebody elses life. "Brooke" is it? Well nice to meet you "Brooke". If this is who i think it is i am callin you out; i think its odd how you can talk shit bout somebody you dont know but cant say anything to anyones face. Yeah i still live in the same place and you know where i work so anytime you decide to woman up ill be waitin. But im guessin that wont happen cause white trash aint about shit! So next time you have somethin to say come up with somethin a lil more believable cause anybody thats somebody in my life knows who i am and what im about so keep talkin cause thats about all your good for!
GET A LAWYER REBECCA CUASE WHAT SHE HAS DONE IS ILLEAGEL
YADA

Union City, TN

#124 Mar 27, 2010
Anon wrote:
Alot of people out there blaming the government. How many magazines do YOU buy?
WHY BUY THEM IF YOU CAN GO ONLINE AND LOOK AT THEM FOR FREE, BESIDES ITS A WASTE OF PAPER ANYWAYS. ALSO ITS NOT JUST ABOUT PEOPLE BUYING MAGAZINES...THE EQUIPMENT IS OLD AND OUT DATED, THATS A MAIN FACTOR
YADA YADA

Union City, TN

#125 Mar 27, 2010
Lawd wrote:
<quoted text>For the record, instead of you going on this "sarcastic needless rant", follow your own fucking advice and click on the "clueless" button on the pull down list (since you think that I am) so you didn't have to add to the many responses on this particular thread. I'm just thrown that out there. Now.....on to the next one.....
LOL, THATS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING, SO I AGREE WITH YOU TOTALLY!! LOL
YADA YADA

Union City, TN

#126 Mar 27, 2010
FUNNY2 wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS CALLED SLANDER !!! YOU ARE ASKING FOR LEGAL TROUBLE BY HAVING DONE THIS!!
THATS EXACTLY RIGHT, SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT THINK! ITS ALSO TRACEABLE.
unavailableFORco mment

Dyersburg, TN

#127 Mar 27, 2010
FUNNY2 wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS CALLED SLANDER !!! YOU ARE ASKING FOR LEGAL TROUBLE BY HAVING DONE THIS!!
Nope Slander is the oral act of defamation, which means it has to be heard.

Actually what they did is called Libel which is the written act of defamation.
Endhascome

Martin, TN

#128 Mar 27, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>But how long did he work there? I heard you had to be there for so long of a time but they were offering an employee package. however with the city electric department trying to hold them with a five year contract when they are having to close thier doors and won't even be here they may have to go bankrupt and no one get anything.
For the employees at World Color, their severance is 1week for every 6 months of service. So if someone has been there at least 6 months to a year, they will get something. As far as the electic bill they have to pay, this is quite hilarious for all the screws they have put to us. This will not affect our severance at all, this will affect only the corporate budget, they also can not file bankruptcy, as they just exited bankruptcy several months ago. So, they are stuck for 5.5 million. Perhaps they should have realized before announcing the closing of Dyersburg WC that someone had signed a 5 year agreement with the electric company.
fred

Jackson, TN

#129 Mar 27, 2010
mulberry wrote:
Has anybody heard about the layoff ?
hell yea we all gonna die

Dyersburg, TN

#130 Mar 27, 2010
So if someone has been there for 30 years they will get a pretty good chunk. And as far as the electric bill how can the city get it if they don't have it? Don't think that will hold up. But the city was worried about losing thier money and figured this out that they did not have to worry because they had signed a 5 year contract, but this is not going to help all the people that are losing thier jobs. This will only help the city to collect thier money.
lucille

Dyersburg, TN

#131 Mar 27, 2010
200 by the end of march.
lucille

Dyersburg, TN

#132 Mar 27, 2010
what about the people who fill up the food machines i pray for all of you my brother works there.may bod blesss
FUNNY2

United States

#133 Mar 28, 2010
unavailableFORcomment wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope Slander is the oral act of defamation, which means it has to be heard.
Actually what they did is called Libel which is the written act of defamation.
THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THAT UP I DIDNT REALIZE I HAD MESSED UP!

United States

#134 Mar 28, 2010
I heard Ya'll that are loosing your jobs can think your regional manager. Dyersburg was on the keep list by quad graphics but he won out and wants all the contracts moved to clarksville. Looks like he got his way. When i worked there he was trying to do the same thing.
almost free

United States

#135 Mar 28, 2010
yea he was a douche. quad is gonna drop all people the world color side so he is screwed later down the road anyway
Endhascome

Martin, TN

#136 Mar 28, 2010
Guest wrote:
So if someone has been there for 30 years they will get a pretty good chunk. And as far as the electric bill how can the city get it if they don't have it? Don't think that will hold up. But the city was worried about losing thier money and figured this out that they did not have to worry because they had signed a 5 year contract, but this is not going to help all the people that are losing thier jobs. This will only help the city to collect thier money.
No, 30 years does not get anything more than someone having been there 13 years. They only pay severance up to 26 weeks. As far as the electric bill, yes World Color does have the funds. This is not an individually owned company. It is a corporation. There are numerous other World Colors. Dyersburg is just one of many, and also one of many to be shut down. Of course it will not help people losing their jobs, but the electric bill has no effect on them at all. This money is not coming from the Dyersburg World Color. The employees at World Color will have up to 6 months of severance, then most will be able to obtain unemployment for a period of time while they are looking for work.

Dyersburg, TN

#137 Mar 28, 2010
Endhascome wrote:
<quoted text>No, 30 years does not get anything more than someone having been there 13 years. They only pay severance up to 26 weeks. As far as the electric bill, yes World Color does have the funds. This is not an individually owned company. It is a corporation. There are numerous other World Colors. Dyersburg is just one of many, and also one of many to be shut down. Of course it will not help people losing their jobs, but the electric bill has no effect on them at all. This money is not coming from the Dyersburg World Color. The employees at World Color will have up to 6 months of severance, then most will be able to obtain unemployment for a period of time while they are looking for work.
Well at least they are getting something. They are not leaving them high and dry. World Color was a good place to work and had a lot of good benefits. I worked there also, I think everyone did at some time or another. But I feel sorry for the ones that haven't worked there long enough to get anything.
WCs flunky

United States

#138 Mar 28, 2010
When Quad takes over Worldcolor in the summer will the employees still working still get their severence even though they do not work for worldcolor anymore? They will be working for Quad. I'm sure Quad had a hand in the closing of the Dburg plant. But im just worried if I don't go ahead and bail while its still worldcolor that Quad won't honor worldcolor's terms of the severence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
support officer wilson 2 hr my opinion 24
DCHS student NOT suspended fo sayin Bless you 2 hr Dirtyburg 40
DCHS student suspended for saying bless you 2 hr Dirtyburg 583
Tony Ivy Jr 3 hr Rda 4
is chick fil a making anyone else sick? (Mar '12) 4 hr Kent_Mansley 132
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 hr Mississippi gurl 145,868
all of me 4 hr Guest 2
Mom of the "bless you" girl 5 hr DC Sick of the Drama 73
Thomas McNeely (Jun '12) 6 hr Curious 25
Dyersubrg City Mayor Poll 7 hr Guest 65
•••
•••
•••

Dyersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••