|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

mulberry wrote:
at world color
Don't wait for a layoff,get out while you can!
WCP EX

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

I thought they were doing lots of hiring and lots of overtime. What happened ?Did they lose a lot of contracts?
NO NO

Greenfield, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2010

no they had no need for the a press they were not using so the told the people on the press to take a different job they refused they got laid off why have a press full of people that print nothing? when the put a brand new one in a few years back that prints more than the three presses they had in there they are the stupid ones for not taking the other jobs its just how it is otherwise they are not laying off hope they enjoy unemployment
Question

Cordova, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

I just heard they told everyone today they were closing in a few months, anyone else heard this?
sad but true

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Question wrote:
I just heard they told everyone today they were closing in a few months, anyone else heard this?
Yes, sadly, it is true. They were told yesterday that it will be completely closed by the end of the year.
yea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

yea 12-31-10 thank usa for letting factories leave the country without penalty. dyersburg is dead in the water now.

Since: Jul 09

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

I just heard from someone who is there, they told them this morning in a meeting that they would close the Dyersburg plant effective 12/31/10.

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

plant is closing by the end of the year, was told in a meeting this morning, everbody went home with pay for the rest of the day.

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

we got off with pay to day.
DINO

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

some people are getting it twisted & saying the plant closed TODAY! NOT true! Susan Dew allowed people to go home with pay today after the meeting. The plant will not close until Dec 2010. I work on C shift and was not there for the meeting but spoke to a guy who works days and was actually at the meeting and he told me what happened. I urge everyone to just keep your head up and trust in God. HE will make a way for us all, of that I am sure!
ex employee

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

so are the employees going to be allowed to work until the end of the year?
wow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

I'm at a lose for words for everyone effected by this, since I cannot say anything that has not already been said. I will pray for everyone and our community during this time and I urge you to do the same, even you are not a true believer in the Teachings from the Bible.
ex employee

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

thanks Dino for clearing that up
spade

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

how many does world color employ?

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

When I worked there it was close to a 1000 people,now I don't know how many they employ.
woww

Tiptonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

What happened to oh we aren't closing...pay no attention to all this equipment leaving the building... A lot of people have known this was coming for a while now but when you tried to mention it people would get all irate about it and no no you are wrong...they aren't closing cause they told us so... I just hope that the people working there can find a good job someplace. My advice would be to start looking now. Even if you take a cut in pay, leave NOW if a job opportunity comes your way. If you wait until December when EVERYONE is looking, you may not find a job.

Since: Jul 09

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

guest wrote:
When I worked there it was close to a 1000 people,now I don't know how many they employ.
When I was there they had 1200. I was told by a source close to the situation, now they only have 764 and 200 will be laid off next month in the first wave.
Eric

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

No wait, Obama's going come in on the "Hope & Change Express", roll up the tracks right next to the building and save the day. About the only thing left in Dyersburg is Walmart and a hand full of banks, and now tumbleweed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Dyersburg Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dyersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Dyersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE