Comments
1 - 20 of 146 Comments Last updated Jun 16, 2014
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
wondering

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Nov 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

How is it that a father of two who got remarried, has a good job and still only has to pay 30$ a month in child support? How are two children ever going to be taken care of on that amount?
review

Waynesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 3, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Have you asked for a review of your case? Child supports new laws go by both parents income and how often the children are with him. If he has them half the time it will be none or minimal. If he gets them only every other weekend it will be more. Also if you are not working they count your income as minimum wage regardless. But if you are working they go by your income and his income. Hope that helps.

Since: May 10

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 3, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

1

wondering wrote:
How is it that a father of two who got remarried, has a good job and still only has to pay 30$ a month in child support? How are two children ever going to be taken care of on that amount?
Stop having kids and hoping child support will be your main income.
child support

Chester, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Nov 4, 2010
 

Judged:

1

Child support is not meant to be your main income. But it is meant to help support the child. That being said, I know women that are supposed to get child support and the fathers are allowed to get over $20,000 behind. That does not seem right. I know a woman that works hard and takes care of her child, yet the father does not contribute in any way. Letting a parent get that far behind should be considered child neglet. Cause if the custodial parent were to just decide that they were not going to spend a dime on their child, then they would be in trouble for not providing for their child.

Since: Oct 09

Newbern

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 4, 2010
 
this topic is so complicated. Child support is to assist in supporting the child. It can be use however the custodial parent/guardian sees fit. As in everything, some people can be very immature about it. If you have an order child support will help, if you don't they will get you one. Child support is a crazy business. No matter what, divorce or otherwise, the children should be taken care of. The child always gets hurt. Money isn't what they need most but it will help with making them comfortable.
Opportunity Knocks

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Nov 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

The main reason the child support laws and the way they are calculated was changed is because there are so many more fathers getting custody of the children that they didn't feel it fair for the mothers to have to pay when the father makes more money. That's a bunch of bunk. I paid big $$$ for over 5 years. When I got custody she pays nothing because she doesn't work. Just glad my child is out of a bad situation.
Stop breeding

Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wondering wrote:
How is it that a father of two who got remarried, has a good job and still only has to pay 30$ a month in child support? How are two children ever going to be taken care of on that amount?
Will that be enough for a monthly supply of birth control?
Online or resale

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Nov 5, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Stop breeding wrote:
<quoted text>
Will that be enough for a monthly supply of birth control?
That is such a rude comment. It really sounds stupid to ask a question like that. Do you not have any manners? Please, if you cannot talk like an adult and not ask rude questions, turn off your computer and stay away from the internet.
guest

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Nov 6, 2010
 

Judged:

1

wondering wrote:
How is it that a father of two who got remarried, has a good job and still only has to pay 30$ a month in child support? How are two children ever going to be taken care of on that amount?
That makes no sense. You need to get a review. They screw things up sometimes.
guest

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Nov 6, 2010
 

Judged:

2

Opportunity Knocks wrote:
The main reason the child support laws and the way they are calculated was changed is because there are so many more fathers getting custody of the children that they didn't feel it fair for the mothers to have to pay when the father makes more money. That's a bunch of bunk. I paid big $$$ for over 5 years. When I got custody she pays nothing because she doesn't work. Just glad my child is out of a bad situation.
YOU should go back and do a review. They will count her as making minimum wage and even if it is 20 bucks per week she should have to pay. I am sorry but any Mom who gives up their child should REALLY have to pay.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Nov 7, 2010
 
child support wrote:
Child support is not meant to be your main income. But it is meant to help support the child. That being said, I know women that are supposed to get child support and the fathers are allowed to get over $20,000 behind. That does not seem right. I know a woman that works hard and takes care of her child, yet the father does not contribute in any way. Letting a parent get that far behind should be considered child neglet. Cause if the custodial parent were to just decide that they were not going to spend a dime on their child, then they would be in trouble for not providing for their child.
yes but on the other hand we also have fathers who have custody and the mother nevers sees the child and never pays child support and dont even call the child on their birthday BUT she did however have the nerve to call her on MOTHERS DAY. lol what up with that !!!!!
justified

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

I made a private arrangement with my ex and faithfully gave her $300.00 a week for 3 kids (always by check) and she gladly accpeted the money...but the minute I lost my job due to company downsizing and had to give her less money, she took me to court and tried to get me for the past 5 years...luckily I had always paid by check so I had the bank to go back and print out my checking account records to prove what I had given her...she blatantly lied and was caught red handed and they did nothing to her for lying in court saying I gave her nothing...but, when it was all said and done, they based my cs on my income and she got $420.00 per month which I am perfectly fine in paying, but I am just wondering why nothing was done to her for telling a bold faced lie in court and saying I didn't pay her anything for 5 years?
heather

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

ok first ask for a review. then they will base cs off both incomes. secondly ... whatever money was given outside of the order is considered a gift. doesnt matter if u gave her a check or not. its a gift in their eyes. my ex gave me money and i told them he paid me weekly and i asked that they take it off the arrears. and they did. but anything given that does not go thru the state is a gift sorry hun. its stupid i know but .. thats how it works. anyways ... and if he dont pay they suspend the licenses. then they issue an order to appear bc of non payment. then he has to come up w that amount and continue paying ... if he still doesnt pay they issue a warrent. then they can go to jail for non payment.
Guest

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 23, 2012
 
When my kids were younger(they are grown now)My Ex (lives in a diffeent state) paid aprox $4000 in ten years. He paid when he wanted and what he wanted. Yes, it was court ordered . The courts didnt do much of anything and he had very few consequences. We survived and now that my kids have kids of their own, they make sure that they do right by their children. Money aside, I have the respect and a good relationship with my kids and grandkids and you cant put a price on that.
heather

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 23, 2012
 
agreed
proud daddy

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 10, 2012
 
justified wrote:
I made a private arrangement with my ex and faithfully gave her $300.00 a week for 3 kids (always by check) and she gladly accpeted the money...but the minute I lost my job due to company downsizing and had to give her less money, she took me to court and tried to get me for the past 5 years...luckily I had always paid by check so I had the bank to go back and print out my checking account records to prove what I had given her...she blatantly lied and was caught red handed and they did nothing to her for lying in court saying I gave her nothing...but, when it was all said and done, they based my cs on my income and she got $420.00 per month which I am perfectly fine in paying, but I am just wondering why nothing was done to her for telling a bold faced lie in court and saying I didn't pay her anything for 5 years?
I too made private arrangements but went through a lawyer and agreed to give my ex $250 a week for two kids. I was driving over the road. My ex worked a part time job and so her job and what I gave her was her income. After the agreement, she quit her job and was relying solely on what I was giving her through cashiers checks which I had the bank to type on each one "for the care of my children's names". I was gone so much and never got to see my kids like I wanted to so I came off the road, started driving locally, met a great woman. We got married and I started getting my kids two weeks out of the month. So I started paying my ex $500 per month for the weeks she had them, which my new wife helped me to pay because driving locally, I wasn't making as much money.My ex decides to tell the human services she has the kids full time and gets foodstamps and afdc on them. They then come after me for child support. Long story short, they established I have them two weeks out of the month, gave me credit for all the cashiers checks I gave her and set my child support at $237.00 per month because they factored in how much I have them. My ex won't say, but I believe she also got into some trouble with the human services for turning them in as living with her full time and getting benefits on them. She also did not turn in what I was giving her. So, justified, she may have gotten into trouble, but they can't tell you about it and she probably never will. So now my ex is saying she is going to go for sole custody so she can get more child support because she can't make it...well, my dear ex wife, all I can say is get a J O B !! If she can't support them when she has them, my new wife and i will gladly take them full time. I'm not worried about the whole custody thing anyway, she has gotten used to not having the kids full time and she has become quite the partier and hitting up the dating scene so the kids would just cramp her new style.
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 11, 2012
 
It would be impossible for one parent to get sole custody without a job.
proud daddy

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 11, 2012
 
guest wrote:
It would be impossible for one parent to get sole custody without a job.
I know this, and you know this, but she thinks she has a chance cause she is "the mother". Anyways,I get them from Sunday to Sunday the first and third weeks of the month.I pick them up about 9 o'clock in the morning so i can take them to church and the follwoing Sunday I bring them home about 6:30pm after church evening services. Which means technically she has them more than me. But this Sunday is Mother's Day so I told her I would let her have them this coming up Sunday and I'd just pick them up Monday, her response was that's ok, you can go ahead and get them Sunday. It's your week to have them. Like I said, even if she did have a job....she wouldn't want them full time because they would cramp her new lifestyle.
mom of 4

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jun 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

If it were up to me there would be no child support for fathers or mothers who are part of their children's lives. My ex husband and I have shared physical and legal custody, we have the children equal amounts of time. So no support is ordered from either party. In my opinion, that that should be the way every custody case should be as long as both homes are suitable.To me the child support system is nothing but a way for the state to control and manipulate people. I have seen too many mothers and fathers destroyed by the child support system, losing their house, cars, self esteem and most importantly, a relationship with their child. So, all you people having to pay child support to a 'baby mama' or 'baby daddy' just know that there are people against the system's corruption. My ex and I are both adults and WE can decide how to take care of our kids without child support interference. In my opinion, the only people who should be "made" to pay child support are people who are not willing to take half of the responsibility or people who are not part of their children's lives an equal amount of time as the other parent.But even then, the amount ordered should not throw the paying parent into poverty as I have seen my own dad go through. Growing up, there were times my dad had to borrow money from my grandma to feed my brother and me for the weekends he had us because he had childsupport for us garnished from his check that our mother used for herself. She worked at World Color and made twice as much as him and still took childsupport from him and would even brag about how she was "sucking the life out of him" in our ear shot. So I vowed then and there if I ever divorced when I was grown, I would NEVER be that cruel to someone!
Guest

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jun 5, 2012
 
mom of 4 wrote:
If it were up to me there would be no child support for fathers or mothers who are part of their children's lives. My ex husband and I have shared physical and legal custody, we have the children equal amounts of time. So no support is ordered from either party. In my opinion, that that should be the way every custody case should be as long as both homes are suitable.To me the child support system is nothing but a way for the state to control and manipulate people. I have seen too many mothers and fathers destroyed by the child support system, losing their house, cars, self esteem and most importantly, a relationship with their child. So, all you people having to pay child support to a 'baby mama' or 'baby daddy' just know that there are people against the system's corruption. My ex and I are both adults and WE can decide how to take care of our kids without child support interference. In my opinion, the only people who should be "made" to pay child support are people who are not willing to take half of the responsibility or people who are not part of their children's lives an equal amount of time as the other parent.But even then, the amount ordered should not throw the paying parent into poverty as I have seen my own dad go through. Growing up, there were times my dad had to borrow money from my grandma to feed my brother and me for the weekends he had us because he had childsupport for us garnished from his check that our mother used for herself. She worked at World Color and made twice as much as him and still took childsupport from him and would even brag about how she was "sucking the life out of him" in our ear shot. So I vowed then and there if I ever divorced when I was grown, I would NEVER be that cruel to someone!
This is by far the most responsible post, idea, concerning child support I have ever heard. I believe 100 percent that court ordered child support destroys relationships between children and parents. Child support was not meant to be a sole income for one parent. I finally got done paying after 18 long years for a child I never was allowed to see, her mother sat on her rear, didn't work, and was perfectly ok with it. My relationship with my kid is now non existent, thanks to her, as long as I kept sending money every month, she was perfectly ok with keeping me at bay. I hate the child support system, and as one who has been through it, it needs to go.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

105 Users are viewing the Dyersburg Forum right now

Search the Dyersburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 6 min house 96,924
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 31 min WTSenior 141,702
Why do some men seem so empty and how can they ... 55 min hombre 4
Beedie quick fence rider? 1 hr hombre 5
no delivery 1 hr Giver of Knowledge 2
Escapee from Dyer County Jail 3 hr clayton 130
Sheriff job hunting already 3 hr Guest 13
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 7 hr Dickens1 6,847
Bag a Burger Thu freemarket 74
•••
•••
•••

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••