Review: Shogun Restaurant

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Missy Butler

Providence, KY

#1 Jan 8, 2010
This place is awesome and the prices are affordable, great place to take the family.
mee

Martin, TN

#2 Jan 8, 2010
I agree with Missy. The food is amazing!! I went to the habachi grill and you definitely get your money's worth. I ordered steak and chicken. They also bring you tons of sides: shrimp, rice, and veggies! The only tip I have is make sure you bring a fat wallet. For two people we paid $62.00. I will definitely go back...but will try to make sure it's a special occasion (so the money will be well spent):)
WHAT

Ripley, TN

#3 Jan 8, 2010
For 2 Adults & one 7 year old we only had to pay right at $30.00 not sure why yours was soooo much higher
Other Guest

Dyersburg, TN

#4 Jan 8, 2010
WHAT wrote:
For 2 Adults & one 7 year old we only had to pay right at $30.00 not sure why yours was soooo much higher
The hibachi is far more expensive than the buffet.
hello

Union City, TN

#5 Jan 8, 2010
Must be nice to be able to spend $60 on a meal.
Guest09

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Jan 8, 2010
For 2 adults, 3 children, all hibachi, was around 78.00 minus the tip. It was really good. I would recommend it!
Dburg Realtor

Dyersburg, TN

#7 Jan 8, 2010
You have your choice at Shogun! Chinese buffet is $5.99 during the lunch hours. Can't beat that! The Mongolian grill is included at that price too! Then you have the Japanese hibachi grill side which is the "show" for around $7.99 during the lunch hours. Dinner prices are higher, but the selection and hibachi portions are larger. Complete sushi bar.(Someone else needs to comment on that.) Enjoy!
loveit

Dyersburg, TN

#8 Jan 8, 2010
i love the sushi there. I was so amped that a place like that came to town bc i used to have to go to jackson (closest) to get sushi and its reasonably priced if you know about sushi. . .

Dyersburg, TN

#9 Jan 8, 2010
some people are into that and more power to you guys. Hopefully, all these positive opinions will keep this place running. I did love Ryans, though, but Shogun is great too.
LOYAL China Star patron

United States

#10 Jan 9, 2010
the buffet at Shogun was okay. On a scale of one to ten, i would give it a 6. It just seemed that almost everything tasted the same on the buffet. Plus, the egg drop soup noodles were stale both times I went. That really irritated me. I havent tried the hibachi grill yet. But I heard it was good. As far as China Star goes, it's a 10. The food is always fresh and the service is great. Plus the people that run it are super nice. They are good people. Kevyn and his staff are awesome.

United States

#11 Jan 9, 2010
LOYAL China Star patron wrote:
the buffet at Shogun was okay. On a scale of one to ten, i would give it a 6. It just seemed that almost everything tasted the same on the buffet. Plus, the egg drop soup noodles were stale both times I went. That really irritated me. I havent tried the hibachi grill yet. But I heard it was good. As far as China Star goes, it's a 10. The food is always fresh and the service is great. Plus the people that run it are super nice. They are good people. Kevyn and his staff are awesome.
I totally agree, China Star is much better and they have a better selection & bright atmosphere. Shogun's is okay but I didn't think the buffet was that great and it's so dark and dreary looking in there.

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Jan 10, 2010
Great food - the chicken nuggets on the buffet have to be the same as what is sold at McD's.
Yuck

United States

#13 Mar 28, 2011
I went there this week for lunch buffet. The food was cold. I was very sick the next day. In bed vomiting and diarrhea be careful what you eat there!!!

Since: Mar 11

Blacksburg, SC

#14 Mar 28, 2011
hello wrote:
Must be nice to be able to spend $60 on a meal.
Lol, that's nothing. Try $65 for a steak dinner...per person. Plus wine and desert lol. Was $250 well spent though. However, that was in a MUCH nicer city back home.

Since: Mar 09

Truth or Consequences, NM

#15 Mar 28, 2011
I like their flied lice

Memphis, TN

#16 Mar 28, 2011
As for buffet i go to China Star. Hibachi is great for having a place in dyersburg and the fresh Sushi is great. If you spend 65 dollars in there with two people you need to order cheaper if you have to complain. Just dont get the lobster next time ok:)

Since: Mar 09

Truth or Consequences, NM

#17 Mar 28, 2011
Make that, I rike theil flied lice.
Jebus Christos

Dyersburg, TN

#18 May 25, 2011
Today for the first time I tried Shoguns and wooooo that place has some good eats. The scenery is nice the food is great the employees are kind. What I enjoyed the most was the jazz music of local favorite hits it made me feel like I was in Titanic then it took me on a magical whirl into the front row of a Backstreet boys concert then out of no where like a theif in the night there I was fighting crime with Batman! A true must for any body that enjoys oriental cuisine!:)

Columbus, NC

#19 May 26, 2011
Slim_Harpo wrote:
I like their flied lice
that's funny.
Thom Keys

Memphis, TN

#20 May 26, 2011
Grunt_0311 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, that's nothing. Try $65 for a steak dinner...per person. Plus wine and desert lol. Was $250 well spent though. However, that was in a MUCH nicer city back home.
I tipped $60.00 on my last visit. It was probably a first for them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was there really an earthquake? 29 min guest 5
doing favors for unwed women 33 min Serious 2
Jamie edwards 34 min love mcdaddy 3
I been hearing on the streets that meth heads 53 min guest 62
church grove church (Jun '14) 1 hr guest 13
snitch 1 hr Rod Eversole 7
die bitch 1 hr word 20
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 3 hr bno 101,020
rough country 5 hr guest 19
Shocked...Not Mon guest 27