Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

What is the GIFT?
Ephesians 2:8-9
(8) For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the GIFT of God:
(9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

- A gift is purchased by the one who offers it, not by the one who receives it.
If the one who receives it could purchase it:
1. It's not a gift, it's bought merchandise.
2. It's not received, it's swapped for.

Acts 8:20
But Peter said unto him, thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the GIFT of GOD may be purchased with money.

Many, Many people think that the gift of God (Eternal life, i.e, salvation) can be purchased with:
GOOD WORKS
CHURCH MEMBERSHIP
LIVING A GOOD LIFE
BEING A BETTER PERSON

You can never be good enough to earn (purchase) the GIFT OF GOD ( eternal life, salvation).

A gift can be received or refused. Some gifts will be frowned upon and taken back to Wally-world and exchanged for something else.
A gift can be received or refused.

John 4:10
Jesus answered and said unto her, if thou knewest THE GIFT OF GOD, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me drink; thou wouldest have asked of HIM, and he would have given thee LIVING WATER.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

A GIFT is appreciated by the one who receives it or rejected many times base upon:
1. Who It's given by. Some gifts will be valuable and treasured because of who it's given by. THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE.

2. What is the value. Some people despise a gift because to them it has no value. Many cannot see past the few measly years they may live on this Earth and realize that Eternal Life as well as Eternal Death is forever.

3. Why is the GIFT given?
Some have ulterior motives for "giving" the "gifts" they give.
What could you possibly offer to give God to purchase the gift of God?

Acts 20:28
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God which HE hath purchased WITH HIS OWN BLOOD.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

Throughout the land and around the world , gifts will be found under a tree on Christmas morning.
Hundreds of millions of people will BOW under the tree to receive their gifts.
Another tree was involved in the purchase of the greatest GIFT ever given to Man.

1 Peter 2:24
Who His own self bare our sins in His own body ON A TREE...

Acts 5:30
The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and HANGED ON A TREE.

- God not only calls it a GIFT (a GIFT CANNOT BE PURCHASED BY THE RECIPIENT) but He emphatically calls it a FREE GIFT.

Acts 8:20
But Peter said unto him, thy money perish with thee, becuase thou hast thought that the GIFT of GOD may be purchased with money.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the GIFT of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the FREE GIFT..

Romans 5:16
And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the GIFT; for the judgement was by one to condemnation, but the FREE GIFT is of many offences unto justification.

Romans 5:18
Therefore as by the offence of one
(Adam) judgement came upon ALL men to condemnation.(Your not going to Hell and burn forever in the Lake of Fire because of what you have done, your on your way to Hell because of who you are. Your an offspring of Adam. You were born wrong.
Born once, die twice. Born twice, die once. Hence Ye must be Born again)
...even so by the righteousness of one the FREE GIFT came upon all men unto justification of life.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

To get Eternal Life you must receive it.

John 1:12
But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, EVEN TO THEM THAT BELIEVE ON HIS NAME.

God doesn't require of us some great feat in order to receive this GIFT. All He requires from us is that we:

1. Believe on the Lord.
Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Chrisy; for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that BELIEVETH; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 4:5
But to him that worketh not, but BELIEVETH on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his FAITH is counted for righteousness.

Romans 10:4
For Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to everyone that BELIEVETH.

2. Call upon the Lord.
Romans 10:13
For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be SAVED.

You can pray this prayer and be saved right now.

Lord, I ask you today, the best way I know how to save me from hell. I trust you Lord Jesus to save me from hell and to take me to heaven when I die. Lord I believe what your word says in the book of Romans chapter 10 and verse 9.
That If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raises him from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED.

If you call upon the Lord, trust him and accept Him, according to the word of GOD you will be saved.

See you in Church next Sunday.

Romans 10:11
For the scripture saith, for whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

Many aren't thankful for their GIFT.
2 Corinthians 9:15
Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable GIFT.

It's unspeakable
It's unspoiled: It's just as good today as it was when Paul preached it.
It's unspotted: That is, you can find no fault in it.
It's unsparing: That is, whoever rejects it and turns it down will GO TO HELL.

Luke 16:23
And in HELL he lift up his eyes being in torments...
Christian

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

Pray it Forward.

Lord, bless your word and draw people to the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation. Amem!
in humble silence I bow

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

Thank you God for the greatest gift ever given to mankind.

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Judged:

You will all burn in hell for being hypocrites.
Jesus Saves

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2010

Judged:

Lord, bless your word and use it to save somebody soul.

Since: Mar 09

Truth or Consequences, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

I like Zeus
Spell Caster

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Judged:

soooooooooooo. living by faith........ did u purchase any "gifts" for your friends or relatives. thats right, of course you did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Judged:

The FREE GIFT of salvation is still being offered. In a few months there will be no more "SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH" by simply trusting in what Jesus Christ did at Calvary for your sin, sins, and sinfulness and calling on Him and simply asking Him to save your soul.

People are still trying to PURCHASE salvation with:
Baptism, Church membership, marality, Political Conservatism, Political Liberalsm, Being a "good" person, etc, etc, etc.

Ephesians 2:8-9
(8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: IT IS THE GIFT OF GOD.
(8) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Titus 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy HE SAVED US, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death; but the GIFT OF GODis eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2011

Did they finally let u out?
007_chic

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Judged:

Why did u just call a college professor a 'fool'. No man shall be called fool....remember that verse, or is it you who chooses which parts of the Bible u want to abide by?......
007_chic

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Exacto!!! GOD called him fool... God...the man who is above all...the immortal. Thats the diff between u and God ;) or just the start of differences..

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

A bunch of myths. Nothing more.
Get your nose out of the "holy babble."
Life is happening and you are missing it.
The Wizard of Oz

Henry, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Ha ha ha. Lookin for a hot witch to switch!:-)

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Judged:

Living by faith wrote:
The Holy BIBLE was here long before you wormed your way into this world and it will be here long after you and your offspring have long been forgotten.
Wrap your hands around something that's Eternal. The Word of God!
There is nothing "holy" about a collection of myths, letters and poetry written by superstitious primitive tribesmen.(Emphasis on MEN... women were only property then)

The babble tells you how to treat your slaves. Do you approve of slavery?
The babble tells you how much to sell your daughter for.
The babble tells you to stone to death your disobedient children.
The babble tells you to kill and/or enslave (and take their land and possessions) anyone who has different beliefs.

The babble shows that Yahweh is jealous, vengeful, petty, spiteful and cruel.
Yahweh is a horrible creature.
The babble says that he will punish you infinitely for the finite "crime" of not worshipping him... but he "loves" you.

I, a mere human, am more moral than your "god."

Happily Yahweh is just a imaginary as Odin, Zeus and all the other deities humankind has dreamed up over the centuries.
We don't need an invisible parent anymore. Grow up.
007_chic

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Living by faith wrote:
This from a person that calls himself/herself "Witch". I wonder if that person could be objective? I also wonder if this "Witch" could find any of the passages that he/she so proudly proclaims as PROOF that the BIBLE is a "myth".
There are 2 parts of the Bible. These divisions are so clear cut that they are called TESTAMENTS. One is called the OLD Testament and one is called the NEW Testament. I wonder which one might directly apply to people living in 2013? All the Bible was written for us, but the whole Bible was NOT written to us.
Another undeniable fact that any honest person would have to admit is that the OLD Testament was primarily dealing with NATIONS (Israel primarily) while the NEW Testament deals with individuals.
That's your Sunday School lesson for the day.
This is what Jesus Christ would say IN THE NEW TESTAMENT
Mark 12:29-31
(29) And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O I Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord:
(30)And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
(31)And the second is like, namely this, THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR AS THYSELF. There is none other greater commandment greater than this.
The Bible teaches people even how to be good neighbours.
That is, by far, ur best post...gotta hand it to you. You actually point toward love rather than damnation... and u dont judge. Wow couldnt believe it!

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2013

Living by faith wrote:
Or could it be that that WITCHinthewoods (???) finds this particular verse objectionable and "OFFENSIVE"?
Exodus 22:18
Thou shalt not suffer a WITCH to live.
Yes, I find that offensive, as I find much of the babble offensive and outright nonsense.

Historically, "witches" have always been the healers, herbalists, widwives, holders of the knowledge of the tribe....the wise women.
They used their knowledge to ease birth pains (going against "Yahweh's" decree).
They aided the dying's passage with herbs, chants, and songs.
They were seers and diviners.(Female seers were deemed "bad" and "wicked" but male seers were called "prophets" and that was ok. Nothing like double standards.)

Patriarchal religions maligned them because they didn't want women to have power.
Women were to be chattel.
They were to shut up and do whatever the male who owned them ordered.
They are still viewed this way today.
This is only one small part of why I find religion disgusting.

Skip the Sunday School lessons. I've heard it.
Raised in the Southern Baptist Church... Sunday school, vacation bible school, and church.
Didn't make any sense then, and still doesn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

131 Users are viewing the Dyersburg Forum right now

Search the Dyersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 2 min Samuel 6,757
misty rushing 6 min guest 10
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 11 min Pete 138,519
So what happened 11 min guest 15
Bad car accident in Dyersburg this morning 12 min Rod 11
Rachel Jernigan Jennings 14 min John Boy 2
election predictions 14 min Finley 31
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 3 hr Queue 96,607
•••
•••
•••

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg
•••

Personal Finance