Comments
1 - 20 of 126 Comments Last updated Dec 30, 2009
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
laughing inside

Dyersburg, TN

#1 Jul 30, 2009
dyer co ems just lost 4 paramedics to a different county. funny.. but looks like karma kicked in. can we say only 2 ambulances in county now? o_O
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#2 Jul 30, 2009
who left and they still have 7 trucks down there.
anon

United States

#3 Jul 30, 2009
laughing inside wrote:
dyer co ems just lost 4 paramedics to a different county. funny.. but looks like karma kicked in. can we say only 2 ambulances in county now? o_O
Not funny, we need them here, more will be hired
Guest

Dyersburg, TN

#4 Jul 31, 2009
Who left anyone know? And why did they leave?
laughing inside

Dyersburg, TN

#5 Aug 1, 2009
they left because of how its ran,pay and the generalized call volume. and they can have 7 trucks all they want, they arent any good if they dont have the paramedics to staff them. and there is a shortage of paramedics. other places PAY better than this place.
Guest

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Aug 1, 2009
laughing inside wrote:
they left because of how its ran,pay and the generalized call volume. and they can have 7 trucks all they want, they arent any good if they dont have the paramedics to staff them. and there is a shortage of paramedics. other places PAY better than this place.
Well they pay a lot better than they use to I know that for a fact! How it is run now I know nothing about.
thinking

Jackson, TN

#7 Aug 4, 2009
whats going on there???
thinking

Jackson, TN

#8 Aug 4, 2009
who's leaving,,,,,,,,and why???
hmmmmmmmm

Jackson, TN

#9 Aug 6, 2009
sooooo, whats up with the paramedic service,,,, 4 are leaving ,,,now,,,,and more to leave later,,is it that bad that they are leaving,,,,,,,what happenes when we dont have enough to service the county any more,,,,i dont see doctors and nurse's going out in the street and doing the paramedic's job,,,,,or ,,can they,,,,,
what ever the problem is,,,,i hope it's fixed before we move back,,,,
who fix's it,,,and how,,,,,,,
WE NEED THEM
lpq

Jackson, TN

#10 Aug 7, 2009
LOL
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#11 Aug 7, 2009
It's operation is poorly run. I work for another close county and can say I know Dyersburg is in very bad shape right now. There is no real leadership there. No one fights for the paramedics and emts there. What ever the hospital says do the director tells the medics to do. Even if it is leaving the county with not a staffed ambulance in it. Everyone there is trying to go to another county right now. When an opening comes up someone at Dyersburg grabs it up real quick. Your service is in bad need of a leader with some backbone.

So what do you do when you call 911 and no one comes?
guest

United States

#12 Aug 12, 2009
when the hospital loses its paramedics to other services their only solution will be decrease ambulance coverage for the hospital and the county. that means there will be more units out of county and less units to respond to emergency calls. that means someone will call 911 for a ambulance and there will not be one able to come for a long time.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#13 Aug 13, 2009
I guess I just dont understand the problem.
Paramedic

Dyersburg, TN

#14 Aug 31, 2009
The main problem is the pay! Everything is goin up. The min wage is climbing to 7.25 a hour. Tell me when the last raise the independant job force recieved. I am a Paramedic and trust me we do not see very many raises in our career. We work more hours than most and if you figure the money per hour we are making around 4 dollars an hour.

I love the job and I enjoy making a difference in lives. I take the good with the bad.

As for how dyersburg is ran.... It could be better, but that is also me looking in from the outside and not having to deal with the problems directly.

The times are hard right now and I feel like I am lucky to have a job in the first place.
guest

Dyersburg, TN

#15 Aug 31, 2009
Well you cannot count all the hours you are there because you get to eat, watch tv, play cards or games, talk on the phone, smoke, and sleep during these times. Now how many in the independent job force get to do these things. and when you work your 24 hours you are off for 48. Thats why a lot of people choose that career for the time off. If you trade a day with someone you can have a weeks vacation easily. Believe me they pay a lot more than they use to. So if you dont like the career maybe you should choose another career. It is not all about the money it is about helping others. And you have to want to do that and be a special person to do that.
sleepy

Dyersburg, TN

#16 Aug 31, 2009
guest wrote:
Well you cannot count all the hours you are there because you get to eat, watch tv, play cards or games, talk on the phone, smoke, and sleep during these times. Now how many in the independent job force get to do these things. and when you work your 24 hours you are off for 48. Thats why a lot of people choose that career for the time off. If you trade a day with someone you can have a weeks vacation easily. Believe me they pay a lot more than they use to. So if you dont like the career maybe you should choose another career. It is not all about the money it is about helping others. And you have to want to do that and be a special person to do that.
also you didnt mention the fact that there is an ambulance that sits running ( burning gas) every morning for two hours at okeena park,while two men sleep under air conditioner. i walk at the park 4 to 5 days a week. i see this most every day. could someone explain why its there running with 2 men sleeping. i understand maybe they are on call,but why are they burning all that gas?
shes a douche

United States

#17 Aug 31, 2009
Tell other counties to take Sherry Cagle please.
hahahahaha

Dyersburg, TN

#18 Aug 31, 2009
shes a douche wrote:
Tell other counties to take Sherry Cagle please.
they would send her back after one shift.
guest

United States

#19 Aug 31, 2009
guest wrote:
Well you cannot count all the hours you are there because you get to eat, watch tv, play cards or games, talk on the phone, smoke, and sleep during these times. Now how many in the independent job force get to do these things. and when you work your 24 hours you are off for 48. Thats why a lot of people choose that career for the time off. If you trade a day with someone you can have a weeks vacation easily. Believe me they pay a lot more than they use to. So if you dont like the career maybe you should choose another career. It is not all about the money it is about helping others. And you have to want to do that and be a special person to do that.
How can you say you cant count the downtime hours? im sure when u need the paramedics you'll be worried about what they do in the free time. ems is on call 24/7 so maybe a percentage of their day is relaxing but when it comes time to work its a very dangerous and stressful job. i just cant comprehend how u can say u cant count certain hours in a shift its just ridiculous. i respect that you say it takes a special person and i agree.
pity the sick

AOL

#20 Aug 31, 2009
Dyersburg is in really good shape--- a bad hospital and no ambulance drivers LOL they go hand in hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
john murphy selling meth! 9 min Guest 2
Mike Morgan city of dyersburg alderman 9 min Not_to_day 9
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 12 min here now 145,832
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 35 min Say watt 8,121
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 37 min Old man- Bville 6,994
Brandy Deere 42 min lol 3
DeShawn Seratt 54 min old friend 1
DCHS student suspended for saying bless you 1 hr LisaFGamble 573
DCHS student NOT suspended fo sayin Bless you 2 hr Guest 36
Dyersubrg City Mayor Poll 4 hr just curious 65
Mom of the "bless you" girl 17 hr SuperMysteryGuest 72
Becky Winegardner 23 hr concernedforthest... 41
•••
•••
•••

Dyersburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Dyersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••