Next Last
james

Union City, TN

#6 Oct 27, 2013
Gossiping haven
TheFacts

Orlando, FL

#8 Oct 27, 2013
# 1.....he's the Assistant Chief of Police.....his duties include all departmental concerns.
#2...,,as far as the State Gazette comment....releasing information to the public is his job.
#3....,you don't know how many hours have been put into this case or how many continue to be put into this case. Although this case is important, in case you haven't noticed, there are robberies, murders, etc. that are also being worked and solved each day. When a complicated case with few leads goes cold, it is sometimes difficult to push forward. There have been thousands of missing persons cases across the US that are unsolved.
#4....it is not as easy as the TV projects it.
#5.....in reference to "are we paying him a salary?" As it concerns the Chief, just how much in city taxes do you really pay?
#6..... I personally know Steve, and there is not a lazy part about him. He is not an ass kisser, he is good at what he does therefore his promotions through the years of his lengthy career have been deserved.
#7...., if you don't like cops, next time you need help, call a meth head!
Citizen X

Austin, TX

#9 Oct 27, 2013
I don't think they will find him. As far as the city chief, he will be gone within a year & Isbell will be the next chief. He already runs the dept as it is. From making up positions for a certain officer who is too incompetent to even wear a badge so he can keep his job & the restructuring of the dept. Its coming citizens!!! There's Curtis Tyler hanging over the DPD's head & Karen Swift's case hanging over the DCSD's head. Not enough evidence to convict.
There's a lot going on folks, you just have to open your eyes
Sandy

United States

#10 Oct 28, 2013
DPD hasn't solved any missing cases or murders. They don't care. The only thing they
care about is busting meth labs, drugs, harrassing certain communities, and traffic tickets. They don't even solve drug cases alone.
A snitch figures out those cases for them. Apparently they are not capable of finding missing people or unsolved murders.
Heres A Fact For You

State College, PA

#11 Oct 28, 2013
TheFacts wrote:
# 1.....he's the Assistant Chief of Police.....his duties include all departmental concerns.
#2...,,as far as the State Gazette comment....releasing information to the public is his job.
#3....,you don't know how many hours have been put into this case or how many continue to be put into this case. Although this case is important, in case you haven't noticed, there are robberies, murders, etc. that are also being worked and solved each day. When a complicated case with few leads goes cold, it is sometimes difficult to push forward. There have been thousands of missing persons cases across the US that are unsolved.
#4....it is not as easy as the TV projects it.
#5.....in reference to "are we paying him a salary?" As it concerns the Chief, just how much in city taxes do you really pay?
#6..... I personally know Steve, and there is not a lazy part about him. He is not an ass kisser, he is good at what he does therefore his promotions through the years of his lengthy career have been deserved.
#7...., if you don't like cops, next time you need help, call a meth head!
#1 How do you know what his duties are? Did you write their policy & procedure manual
#2 No one ever said it was not his job, but its funny how unless your last name is McDowell the officer who made the arrest never gets mentioned in Steve's press releases.
#3 How ever many hours have been put into the Curtis Tyler investigation - It's not enough. They cant even find his body - what morons.
#4 No one ever said it would be easy. They signed up for this job - now do it.
#5 About $1,500 a year plus county taxes.
#6 So do I - he apparently has the wool pulled over your eyes too just like Huen.
#7 Id probably get a faster response time by calling a meth head. I damn sure wont rely on the Dyersburg Police Department to save me. The best thing they can do for me if I call 911 is bring me more ammo.
east dyersburg

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Oct 28, 2013
Have you seen all the equipment the local police has?They go to the firing range across the track and sometime it after 10pm you can still hear them popping round after round, those people down there needs some sleep.not saying anything about isbell for hes worthless and i wouldnt pay chief Haun anything, there would be a u-haul backed up to his door tomorrow if i had my way and i do pay taxes.Isbell is the laughing stock in Dyersburg. cant see a little squirt like him to arrest anyone
My 2 cents

State College, PA

#13 Oct 29, 2013
Its a shame this boy has been missing this long and they have not been able to find him. They should at least have search parties or something. It sure looks like they just don't care

Humboldt, TN

#14 Oct 29, 2013
When leads run out, they run out.. just where would you like them to search? They don't have the manpower to do that.. 526 sq miles of county is a lot.. and who's to say he is even here.. They have searched and there were search parties.. im sure they have done all they could..
GuestII

State College, PA

#15 Oct 29, 2013
guest wrote:
When leads run out, they run out.. just where would you like them to search? They don't have the manpower to do that.. 526 sq miles of county is a lot.. and who's to say he is even here.. They have searched and there were search parties.. im sure they have done all they could..
Why don't they try starting the search the last place he was known to be... or use the cell phone data to triangulate where his last cell phone call was made from. That's as good of place as any to start searching. I can tell you where you wont find him - los Lomas or the Chinese buffet. But you sure can find every investigator that works for DPD there every day from noon to one. His body has not been found yet - they are not doing all they can.

Humboldt, TN

#16 Oct 29, 2013
Labor laws allow cops to have an hour for lunch too.. and Curtis Tyler missing is not the only case they have..
Hmmm

State College, PA

#17 Oct 29, 2013
I think the whole point is that the DPD is surely not showing any sense of urgency in solving this case.

Sioux City, IA

#18 Oct 29, 2013
You folks who think enough is not being done should get out there and search yourself. Have you tried that? So many want to knock the police but I know first hand, that they put their lives on the line every time they report for duty. They even try to help all the dumb bunnies who put them down. I can guarantee you that if you folks complaining get in a fix and need help, you will be the first to call the police.

The police force is not all seeing. Many many folks go missing that are never found. It is called cold cases. I know there are a few bad eggs in every group but for the most part, they are honest hard working people. They do care and like I said I know this first hand. I know there was a child that went missing probably thirty years ago and they are still trying to solve that one. How bout the Mr. Pierce who was murdered and only years later was his killer caught.

Most of these police personnel take this stuff home with them every single day. They sometimes spend many sleepless nights after seeing some of the things they see.

I for one, am very grateful that we have men and women who are willing to put themselves and their family's lives in danger to help people. You are going to have news hounds no matter where you go in law enforcement but for the most part, these people do a service that very few really can or could handle.

What you really have to take into consideration is the fact that our society is breaking down right before our eyes so you betcha there are going to be cases that go unsolved. It is sad but true. As far as I know none of the police force has xray vision or are clairvoyants.

For all those who want to steadily knock the very people who do their best to try and keep us all safe, why don't you go do some community service like trying to cover every inch of ground looking for this poor missing guy?

Children and adults go missing every single day but you have to be really blind to blame the people who have probably done everything they can to find them. Blame the predators and not the ones trying to catch em.
Guest2

United States

#19 Oct 30, 2013
Guest wrote:
You folks who think enough is not being done should get out there and search yourself. Have you tried that? So many want to knock the police but I know first hand, that they put their lives on the line every time they report for duty. They even try to help all the dumb bunnies who put them down. I can guarantee you that if you folks complaining get in a fix and need help, you will be the first to call the police.
The police force is not all seeing. Many many folks go missing that are never found. It is called cold cases. I know there are a few bad eggs in every group but for the most part, they are honest hard working people. They do care and like I said I know this first hand. I know there was a child that went missing probably thirty years ago and they are still trying to solve that one. How bout the Mr. Pierce who was murdered and only years later was his killer caught.
Most of these police personnel take this stuff home with them every single day. They sometimes spend many sleepless nights after seeing some of the things they see.
I for one, am very grateful that we have men and women who are willing to put themselves and their family's lives in danger to help people. You are going to have news hounds no matter where you go in law enforcement but for the most part, these people do a service that very few really can or could handle.
What you really have to take into consideration is the fact that our society is breaking down right before our eyes so you betcha there are going to be cases that go unsolved. It is sad but true. As far as I know none of the police force has xray vision or are clairvoyants.
For all those who want to steadily knock the very people who do their best to try and keep us all safe, why don't you go do some community service like trying to cover every inch of ground looking for this poor missing guy?
Children and adults go missing every single day but you have to be really blind to blame the people who have probably done everything they can to find them. Blame the predators and not the ones trying to catch em.
Your working class hero bullshit has me all choked up. No one went out there and pushed a job down their throat that they didn't want. They signed up for this and asked for this job. Stop making excuses for the DPD. You asked for this type of work so stop crying and do it. Sleepless nights, conscious bothering you officer?? I hear McDonalds is hiring. I am more than willing to volunteer to help search, however the police, who are supposed to be leading this effort, are not doing a damn thing to organize a effort. Not to mention the fact that that's why I pay taxes. Its time to sing for your supper. The people want results, not excuses.
Sandy

United States

#21 Oct 30, 2013
DPD is only concerned with drugs.

United States

#22 Oct 30, 2013
guest wrote:
who cares!!!
Ohh only his entire family & friends. Not to mention all the citizens of this county who are wondering why the DPD allows a murderer to roam freely in our community.

United States

#23 Oct 30, 2013
Sandy wrote:
DPD is only concerned with drugs.

I wouldn't say that they are very concerned with that either. They do a piss poor job of solving drug crimes as well.

Humboldt, TN

#24 Oct 30, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohh only his entire family & friends. Not to mention all the citizens of this county who are wondering why the DPD allows a murderer to roam freely in our community.
Well im a citizen of this county and quite frankly could not care less... Sorry, No sympathy here...
Hmmm

United States

#25 Oct 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Well im a citizen of this county and quite frankly could not care less... Sorry, No sympathy here...
It has does not have anything to do with sympathy you troglodyte (I know you will have to google that one). The whole point is empathy for a family who lost a loved one.
truth

Sioux City, IA

#27 Oct 30, 2013
here are the facts. there are at least 7 UNSOLVED MURDERS/MISSING PERSONS CASES IN DYER COUNTY THAT OCCURRED from 2005 up until 2012. that is equivalent to one per year. There is Karen Swift, Curtis Tyler, Brian Teague, Miguel Price, Cora Stone, and I can't remember the other 2 names. It does not matter if you are black or white or rich or poor, chances are if you commit a crime other than speeding, you won't get into much trouble - if any at all. drug offenders are repeatedly released to go and abuse again if they are willing to snitch on other users, probation/parole violators are on their 2nd and 3rd offense and are still able to walk free, ppl are robbed at gunpoint and/or shot in the head and nobody is ever arrested because the accused is a cop's C.I., a crime is committed and the cops arrive 30 minutes later because they are too busy talking on their phones or 3 of them are pulling over 1 car for having a headlight out. the cops around here do not care. it is ALL politics. steve isbell is a joke. the dpd is a joke. hard working, law-abiding citizens don't stand a chance. i have been a victim of a crime here, more than once in various parts of the city while my kids and i were minding our own business, and nothing was done. there are gangs here, meth heads here, and murderers here, and it truly seems that nobody in law enforcement gives a damn. the ones they arrest today will be their informants next week. it a vicious cycle that needs to stop. it is no wonder tennessee was listed as the most dangerous state in the country. don't blame memphis - good ole dyersburg helped us rank #1.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1222584.htm...
http://homes.yahoo.com/news/the-most-dangerou...
usa

Nashville, TN

#28 Oct 30, 2013
Curtis is on the run get over that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baseball 26 min smh 6
The Mexicans Did It Again 1 hr taco 24
Dyersburg driving test (Aug '12) 6 hr taco 10
Detox help.. 7 hr taco 4
You can only fight it for so long (Jul '15) 7 hr good reminders 36
Fathers day 10 hr ex 16
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 10 hr Alex Nicole 4,768
Sheriff's office 14 hr pam 66
More from around the web

Personal Finance