First Prev
of 6
Next Last
mybusiness

Prescott, AZ

#1 Feb 26, 2009
I heard that Nordyne is laying off again.
every place is

Cottage Grove, TN

#2 Feb 26, 2009
Yes as of next week, but what company is not in these bad times.
Lisa

Martin, TN

#3 Feb 27, 2009
What do they do there?
Shan

Prescott, AZ

#4 Feb 27, 2009
oh man i hope my Cousin's mother in law do not get lay off
just hope

Cottage Grove, TN

#5 Feb 27, 2009
We just need to hope that this one will be enough to take care of it and not have to lay more off later.
still working

Prescott, AZ

#6 Feb 27, 2009
Lisa wrote:
What do they do there?
They make HVAC equipment.
common sense

Jackson, TN

#7 Feb 27, 2009
Heavy industry is suffering right now, just as everything else is. When workers get laid off, the executive tier of that company is absorbing much of those saved labor costs for their own pockets, not reinvesting it in the company. And that's why the layoffs perpetuate themselves. Get rid of the greedy executives, and a business won't need to lay off.

Since: Dec 08

Doniphan

#8 Feb 27, 2009
common sense wrote:
Heavy industry is suffering right now, just as everything else is. When workers get laid off, the executive tier of that company is absorbing much of those saved labor costs for their own pockets, not reinvesting it in the company. And that's why the layoffs perpetuate themselves. Get rid of the greedy executives, and a business won't need to lay off.
Hum...you don't think the failing economic times have anything to do with it? How can they be lining thier pockets if there is no money coming in to line them with. If your HVAC took out would you buy a new one of fix your exsisting one.
refolks

Parsons, KS

#9 Feb 27, 2009
Ms Reckless wrote:
<quoted text>
Hum...you don't think the failing economic times have anything to do with it? How can they be lining thier pockets if there is no money coming in to line them with. If your HVAC took out would you buy a new one of fix your exsisting one.
I think both of you are correct. Somehow, I doubt any of the top tier executives will be forgoing their bonuses to help save the jobs of the people who actually do the work. The scenario reminds me of the recent payoffs from Microsoft. 5000 employees laid off, yet the company saw fit to do this while still posting a 4.1 BILLION dollar profit. There is no doubt the economy is partly to blame, but lets not let the executives off that easy either. They take and take and take until there is no more
working mom

Tiptonville, TN

#10 Feb 27, 2009
I hope this is just a rumor
just hope

Cottage Grove, TN

#11 Feb 27, 2009
well it is more than a rumor, they had a meeting and told that one entire line would be moved to the other two plants sfter this next week. All of America and plants are in trouble. We have to hope this turns around soon.
JOHN

Martin, TN

#12 Feb 28, 2009
just hope wrote:
well it is more than a rumor, they had a meeting and told that one entire line would be moved to the other two plants sfter this next week. All of America and plants are in trouble. We have to hope this turns around soon.
that is not exactly correct. they did not say the line is moving. just that we will not be producing on the line in dyersburg right now. their are 4 of the same lines in the company. sales to low to support all of them
guess who

Cottage Grove, TN

#13 Feb 28, 2009
Worded just like a good HR man, upper managers always think that hourly people are not smart enough to put two and two together. One of the Nordyne problems, never listened to the folks doing the work always in meetings in a conference room and not on the floor to see what goes on in the REAL world. There are a lot of very good people at all of the Nordyne plants that understand and see what is going down before any manager does. Never worked at a place before that did not want your suggestions or ideas.
Been There

Cottage Grove, TN

#14 Feb 28, 2009
It is "most serious" for our plant. I am not comfortable, to say the least, at where our company stands during the economic situation that our nation, and the global economy, is facing. As one of the Dyersburg employee's I have seen people standing around, goofing off, hiding from their supervisor's, using cell phones (when they should be being productive) and a couple of things that really gets me is when people take 20 minutes for breaks, and I know of one lift drivers that takes at least 45 to 50 minutes for lunch everyday and not anyone has approached this guy and said anything to him. Go figure! I am an hourly person just like the majority and I don't take advantage of the company like that. This is why companies can't be productive and stay in the towns that they are located. Also, what about all of the people that leave and go to the clocks early. What's up with that. How many time have we been told, "if we catch you going to the clock early we will take disciplinary action". Well guess what, it hasn't happened, that I know of. We are all grown adult's and if we want this plant to stay in Dyersburg then we have to do MORE NOT LESS. There's not a person in that plant, that would be more regretful if the plant closed, other than your plant manager and mine, Aaron Tiede. I don't know how much money Aaron makes but I'll bet you anything that WE sleep a lot better than he does. Aaron will do everthing in his power to keep our jobs in Dyersburg and I firmly believe that. I wouldn't have his job. Maybe we don't agree with everything that he does but I will never complain as long as Aaron is trying and I certainly feel that he is doing everything in his power to help us. The way that I have always felt is that if you or I don't want to be employed by Nordyne the get the heck out of the plant and let someone else work that will be productive and hopefully have a better attitude. I don't want to start looking for another job, but, if we don't ALL pull together and do our jobs in a productive manner, then we might as well as stay home. I've been through a plant closing and had to move away. I didn't like it and even though I have extremely tough days in my department, I still enjoy working at Nordyne in Dyersburg. Instead of beating up on the plant manager let's pull together and come up with solutions to save the Dyersburg plant money and cut some cost. We may not agree with everything that our supervisor does either, but just remember he's or she is also under the gun to produce. Just my thought's.
drhr44

Prescott, AZ

#15 Feb 28, 2009
mybusiness wrote:
I heard that Nordyne is laying off again.
anybody know roy shelton at nordyne??
I agree

Prescott, AZ

#16 Feb 28, 2009
drhr44 wrote:
<quoted text>anybody know roy shelton at nordyne??
I totally agree with everything you said. Aaron does seem to be hurt by the company being in such bad shape. He seems to have a heart. Truly there are many employees that are non-productive. This will cause the good workers to suffer during these hard economic times. Not just at Nordyne, but at all plants.
SURE DO

Cottage Grove, TN

#17 Feb 28, 2009
Yes Roy is a good worker always early to work and goes ahead and gets started even before the bell rings. Always seems to be happy.
fireside

Martin, TN

#18 Feb 28, 2009
Been There wrote:
It is "most serious" for our plant. I am not comfortable, to say the least, at where our company stands during the economic situation that our nation, and the global economy, is facing. As one of the Dyersburg employee's I have seen people standing around, goofing off, hiding from their supervisor's, using cell phones (when they should be being productive) and a couple of things that really gets me is when people take 20 minutes for breaks, and I know of one lift drivers that takes at least 45 to 50 minutes for lunch everyday and not anyone has approached this guy and said anything to him. Go figure! I am an hourly person just like the majority and I don't take advantage of the company like that. This is why companies can't be productive and stay in the towns that they are located. Also, what about all of the people that leave and go to the clocks early. What's up with that. How many time have we been told, "if we catch you going to the clock early we will take disciplinary action". Well guess what, it hasn't happened, that I know of. We are all grown adult's and if we want this plant to stay in Dyersburg then we have to do MORE NOT LESS. There's not a person in that plant, that would be more regretful if the plant closed, other than your plant manager and mine, Aaron Tiede. I don't know how much money Aaron makes but I'll bet you anything that WE sleep a lot better than he does. Aaron will do everthing in his power to keep our jobs in Dyersburg and I firmly believe that. I wouldn't have his job. Maybe we don't agree with everything that he does but I will never complain as long as Aaron is trying and I certainly feel that he is doing everything in his power to help us. The way that I have always felt is that if you or I don't want to be employed by Nordyne the get the heck out of the plant and let someone else work that will be productive and hopefully have a better attitude. I don't want to start looking for another job, but, if we don't ALL pull together and do our jobs in a productive manner, then we might as well as stay home. I've been through a plant closing and had to move away. I didn't like it and even though I have extremely tough days in my department, I still enjoy working at Nordyne in Dyersburg. Instead of beating up on the plant manager let's pull together and come up with solutions to save the Dyersburg plant money and cut some cost. We may not agree with everything that our supervisor does either, but just remember he's or she is also under the gun to produce. Just my thought's.
I applaud your open-mindedness and honesty. True, there is no magical way to make all workers in a manufacturing facility happy at all times. Quite honestly, what ADULT environment is there where all involved are perfectly content at all times? My point is, whether it's your place of worship, your school, an organization or club you belong to, even your family, there will always be dis-harmony and conflict at one time or another. Today, this very real approach to life coupled with our current economic situation has made everyone quick to place blame unfairly on the other guy. It is human nature to panic in times of fear and financial pressures, but honestly ask yourself the proverbial question, "What would I do if the shoe was on the other foot?" I have observed this plant for several years from different angles and am confident in adding that the Plant Manager of the Dyersburg facility is by far the most caring and deeply devoted employee of his level that this plant has ever had the honor of having. Any of you that truly believe you could endure his pressure and schedule for ONE WEEK and produce a more favorable outcome to the unfortunate current situation, go to his office Monday and offer to trade places with him.
tony

Bisbee, AZ

#19 Feb 28, 2009
i used to work out there its a really good job to have besides the lay offs they have because of what they make thats why i got me a job where i dont have to worry about that i work at the prison now but i did love working out there
drhr44

Prescott, AZ

#20 Mar 1, 2009
SURE DO wrote:
Yes Roy is a good worker always early to work and goes ahead and gets started even before the bell rings. Always seems to be happy.
really?? he has to be good worker. he needs all the money he can get . every week he sends money orders to4 girls in jail who he thinks he has a chance wiyh. i just got out and let me tell you ,those girls make an idiot out of him.they say he is like 50 and these girls are in their 20s. some of these girls parents and husbands are very angry about this.PATHETIC!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
add a word drop a word (Feb '14) 10 min _Zoey_ 285
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 11 min _Zoey_ 8,961
gerald lee 41 min myinnervoice 1
Jamie Edwards Jones Pregnant 1 hr Guest 5
autumn runions (Jan '10) 1 hr john 15
Doug Robertson Police Chief at Newbern 1 hr Just me 24
What is up with that Misty Booker again. (Aug '10) 2 hr guest 11
neils bbq 2 hr guest 12
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 5 hr nandoo 101,297

Flood Warning for Dyer County was issued at April 18 at 9:21PM CDT

More from around the web

Dyersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]