Politics 101 and the Bible for Christ...

Politics 101 and the Bible for Christians

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 28, 2012
For whatever reason, Christains can't or don't/won't connect "Religion" with Politics. I put RELIGION in parenthesis because most people think that "RELIGION" is the way to Heaven or is what the Bible is all about.

May I remind you that it was the "religious" crowd that had the Lord Jesus Christ killed!

Luke 22:1-2
(1) Now the Feast of Unleavened Bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.
(2) And the CHIEF PRIESTS AND SCRIBES sought how they might KILL HIM, for they feared the people.

Some say,"2 things you should never talk about is RELIGION AND POLITICS".

One of the main things that MANY people are SAVED from when they are Born Again is "RELIGION". Paul was extremely RELIGIOUS BEFORE HE GOT SAVED.

Philippians 3:4-8 Paul writing to Philippi
(4) Though I might also have confidence in the flesh, if any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more.
Following is a bunch of RELIGIOUS acts that Paul had observed BEFORE he met the Lord.

Location hidden

#2 Oct 28, 2012
Pauls PRE-RELIGION continued

Philippians 3
(5) Circumsized the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamen, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, A PHARISEE.
(6) Concerning zeal, PERSECUTING THE CHURCH...

Many people's RELIGION involves denying Jesus Christ, denying/correcting the Word of God, and even persecuting the Church.

...touching the righteousness which is in the law, BLAMELESS.
(7) But what things were gained to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
(8) Yea, doubtless, And I count ALL THINGS but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them BUT DUNG, that I might win Christ.

"DUNG" is one of those words the NEW "translations" never update.

Paul is talking about the RELIGIOUS DO-DO (That is, the things people DOO to earn their way to Heaven instead of just trusting in what was DONE on the Cross of Calvary by Jesus Christ.

Are you a RELIGIOUS DO-DOER or is your SALVATION already DONE?

Location hidden

#3 Oct 28, 2012
The Bible would define God's idea of what REAL religion looks like.

James 1:26-27
(26) If any man among you seem to be religious , and BRIDLETH NOT HIS TONGUE, but deciveth his own heart, THIS MAN'S RELIGION IS VAIN.
(27) PURE RELIGION and UNDEFILED before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself UNSPOTTED FROM THE WORLD.

Location hidden

#4 Oct 28, 2012
If your "RELIGION" dosn't do these three things in your like, there's something wrong with your RELIGION.

1. Give you control over your tongue.
2. Cause you to be BENEVOLENT towards those less fortunate. BTW, not just so you can get a tax write off or so you can BRAG about how charitable you are.

Matthew 6:1-4
(1) Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, TO BE SEEN OF THEM: otherwise YE HAVE NO REWARD of your Father which is in heaven.
(2) Therefore when thou doest thine alms..

ALMS= Money given to help the poor or less fortunate.

...do not sound a trumpet before thee.

Lest you think the Lord was just exaggerating, some people do just that.

...as the HYPOCRITES do in the synagogues and in the streets, THAT THEY NAY HAVE GLORY OF MEN. Verily I say unto you, they have their reward.

MANY Christians won't get any Gold in Glory because they got their Brass on Earth.

(3) But when thou doest ALMS, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth.
(4) That thine ALMS may be in secret: And thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly.

PURE RELIGION WILL CAUSE YOU TO BECOME

3.Unspotted from the world.

Very FEW "CHRISTIANS" living in the world today are what you would call "UNSPOTTED FROM THE WORLD".

The Spiritual CHRISTIAN is the Christian that has PURE RELIGION and stays UNSPOTTED from the world and does not become a self-righteous Pharisee.

Location hidden

#5 Oct 28, 2012
Someone would say that "The Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice for the Christian". Which is true, but I would simplify that by just saying, The Bible (AV1611) is the Final Authority in ALL MATTERS. Period.

Although POLITICS may be the third rail for "preachers", You CAN'T seperate the Bible from everyday matters. You can't seperate the Bible from Politics.

Politics, Politicians and Political operatives are all the way through the Bible. From Pharaoh the king of Egypt in Genesis and Exodus to the various Caesars mentioned in the New Testament to the up and coming world renown Politician who is right now waiting in the wings.
According to the Bible, God IS interested and involved in POLITICS, but NOT in the way that many Christians think.

For example, God would say in
Exodus 9:13,16
(13) And the LORD said unto Moses, Rise up early in the morning, and STAND BEFORE PHAROAH, and say unto him, THUS SAITH THE LORD GOD OF THE HEBRES, Let my people go, that they may serve me.

(16) And in very deed FOR THIS CAUSE HAVE I RAISED THEE UP,...

God raised Pharaoh up so he (God) could show his power and that His (God's) name would be declared throughout the entire Earth.

...for to shew in thee my power; and that my name may be declared throughout ALL THE EARTH.

Location hidden

#6 Oct 28, 2012
On the other hand, Satan puts into power whom he desires as well as God does.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god OF THIS WORLD hath blinded the minds of them which believe not.

Satan is active and involved very much in the Political affairs in America AND around the world.
As a matter of fact, in Ezekiel, God would address Satan in this manner.

Ezekiel 28:12-17
(12) Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the KING OF TYRUS...

God would address Satan in this KING.

...and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.
(13) Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God;...

There's no doubt who this is.

(14) Thou art the annointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.
(15) Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day when thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
(16) By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherib, from the midst of the stones of fire.
(17) Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.

Location hidden

#8 Oct 29, 2012
John 8:44 Jesus Christ speaking
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and THE FATHER OF IT.

Ephesians 2:1-2
(1) And you hath he quickened...

Quicken--To be brought to life.

...who were dead in trespasses and sins:
(2)Wherein in time past ye walked according TO THE COURSE OF THIS WORLD, ACCORDING TO THE PRINCE OF THE POWER OF THE AIR, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience.

So God AND Satan are both very much involved in "POLITICS" and the roles of the leaders of this World.

Location hidden

#9 Oct 29, 2012
God Almighty and Satan, the god of this world, are BOTH very much involved in the roles (Politics and Politicians) of the leaders of this world.

This could be demonstrated in 2 events which took place 100 years apart in this Nation. That event is the assassination of 2 Presiderts.

Lincoln and Kennedy.
Their lives and deaths are so similar, one would have to be half crazy not to realize that there are greater and higher forces and powers at work in the affairs of the Political leaders of this world.

Lincoln
Elected to Congress in 1846.
Elected as President in 1860.

Kennedy
Elected to Congress in 1946.
Elected as President in 1960.

Both had a wife to lose a child in the White House.
Both were concerned with Civil Rights.

Lincoln had 2 secretaries named JOHN.
Kennedy had a secretary named LINCOLN.

Both would be shot in the head in the presence of their wives.

Lincoln would be shot in Fords theatre.
Kennedy would be shot in a Lincoln made by FORD.

Lincoln = 7 letters.
Kennedy = 7 letters.

Location hidden

#10 Oct 29, 2012
Someone will say, "These are just mere coincidences that could be found in any 2 people's lives"

These are NOT just any 2 people. These are 2 Presidents of the United States. These are 2 Preesidents of a Nation who were President 100 years apart.Americas has had 4 Presidents assassinated (They would die from their assassination) and 2 of these Presidents lives and deaths were remarkably similar. It just goes to show that somebody somewhere is runnung this thing. Man sure isn't!

Lincoln/Kennedy continued

Both were shot on Friday.
Both were shot while accomponied by other couples.

Location hidden

#11 Oct 29, 2012

Their assassins

Both assassins were known by their 3 names.
John Wilkes Booth 15 letters
Lee Harvey Oswald 15 letters

Today ALL killers are described by their 3 names.

Booth shot Lincoln in a theatre and fled to a tobacco barn (warehouse).
Oswald shot Kennedy from a warehouse and fled to a theatre.

Both would be killed before being brought to trial.

Both were thought to have been part of a greater conspiracy.

Conspiracies in Political circles goes back along ways.

2 Kings 12:19-20
(19) And the rest of the acts of Joash, and all that he did, are they not written in the book of chronicles of the KINGS OF JUDAH?
(20) And his servants arose, AND MADE A CONSPIRACY, and slew Joash in the house of Millo, which goeth down to Silla.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 29, 2012

Lincoln's successor was Andrew Johnson 13 letters
Kennedy's successor was Lyndon Johnson 13 letters

Both were elected to President in'60 (1860/1960).
Both were elected to House of Representatives in '46 (1846/1946).

Both were runners up in their Party's nomination for Vice-President in '56 (1856/1956).

Both their Vice-Presidents were Southern Democrats named Johnson who were born in '08 (1808/1908).

SNOPES, The Web-site that debunks "Urban Legens" would say that the similarities between Kennedy and Lincoln were merely happenstances and ONLY COINCIDENCES. SNOPES is out of their minds. As if America has Presidents assassinated all the time!

Both would be shot from behind.
Both the male companions of the other couple would also be wounded.

Location hidden

#13 Oct 29, 2012
The assassins

Both assassins were sympathetic w/ organizations that were adversary to US.

Both assassins would be killed w/in the same calender month before they could be brought to trial.

War would be thrust upon Lincoln after his inauguration. Civil War.
War would be thrust upon Kennedy after his inauguration. Vietnam.

Lincoln ordered Treasury to print it's own money.
Kennedy ordered Treasury to print it's own money.

Lincoln gave Gettysburg address on Nov. 19, 1863
Kennedy would be assassinated on Nov. 22, 1963

Rathbone (8 letters) was with Lincoln when he was shot. He was also injured (stabbed).
Connelly (8 letters) was with Kennedy when he was shot. He was also injured (shot).

Location hidden

#14 Oct 29, 2012
Lincoln/Kennedy
There were conspiracy theories regarding Lincoln's assassination.
THERE WERE CONSPIRACY THEORIES and boy were there CONSPIRACY THEORIES surrounding Kennedy's assassination.

Lincoln died in the Peterson House.
Kennedy died in Parker Hospital.

Kennedy's funeral would be modeled after Lincoln's funeral.

Lincoln's son would become the ambassador to England at the Court of St. James.
Kennedy's father had been the ambassador to England at the Court of St. James.

Both Lincoln and Kennedy would have young children while living in the White House.

Lincoln had 2 sons named Robert and Edward. Edward would die young, Robert would live on.

Kennedy had 2 brothers named Robert and Edward. Robert would die young, Edward would live on.

Abraham was the first name of the man that filmed Kennedy's assassination.

And for those that think the COINKIDINKY'S are over.

Recently, a movie was made by Stephen Spielburg about the life of Abraham Lincoln. The Executive Producer (EXECUTIVE AS IN the EXECUTIVE BRANCH, i.e, the President). The EXECUTIVE PRODUCER's name, of course is none other than KENNEDY. Kathleen KENNEDY who has produced great theatrical wastes of money and time like Jurassic Park and E.T. She is married to Frank Marshall, but like most left coast 20-21st Century women she would keep her daddy's name.

Lincoln features those famous HYPOCRITES from Hollywood Daniel-Day Lewis, Sally Field and Tommy Lee Jones. Make sure to watch it and waste some time.
Bad gas

Dallas, TX

#15 Oct 29, 2012
Who farted??

Location hidden

#16 Oct 29, 2012
The "coincidences" between Lincoln/Kennedy are just one series of examples of how there is a "Higher Power" involved in the affairs of the Political world.

The problem is, you and I, as mere men and women, in the flesh can't comprehend that Satan is the
god of this world.

2 Corinthians 4:3-4
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost.
(4) In whom the god of this world HATH BLINDED THE MINDS OF THEM WHICH BELIEVE NOT,...

I hear them all the time
"I just don't SEE it"
"I just can't SEE it that way"
"I don't SEE how you christians can..."

IN WHOM THE god OF THIS WORLD HATH BLINDED THE MINDS OF THEM WHICH BELIEVE NOT, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of GOD, should shine unto them.

Verse 4 mentions 2 GODS.
The god of this world AND the God of Glory, the Lord Jesus Christ being the image of God Almighty.

Location hidden

#17 Oct 29, 2012
The other god,(the god of this world) is mentioned in Daniel. Daniel is a book of prophecies about the end time (Today and Tomorrow).

Daniel 11: 37-38 The coming Antichrist
(37) Neither shall he regard the GOD...

Notice the capital "G". This (G)od is the GOD OF HEAVEN. The Creator.

...the God of his fathers,...

The Antichrist is at least part Jewish.

...nor regard any god...

The Anti-christ will be a Blue-Blood Politician. He won't REGARD any GOD. That is, ALL god's to him will be the same. He will become "GOD".

BTW, The Anti-christ was probably born December 25th 1969.

...for he shall MAGNIFY HIMSELF ABOVE ALL.
(38) But in his estate shall he honor the God of forces...

The Authorized Version capitalizes the "G" in this (G)od. This God is NOT the GOD of Heaven. This God is the god that is between Earth and Heaven. This God is Satan.

The God (Allah means the God) of forces.

The closer we get to the Tribulation, the harder it will be to tell the God of this world from the GOD of GLORY.

...and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honor with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

Location hidden

#18 Oct 29, 2012
Sometimes, one of the most difficult things in the Christians life is to figure out if what is happening in your life is of God or of Satan. Is it God trying to wake you up? Or is it Satan trying to stop you? Is it God trying to stop you or is it Satan trying to stop you? Sometimes there's no question. Sometimes, not often thank God. But sometimes there is. That's when you just have to make sure your right with God and do what is right and just TRUST GOD.

Location hidden

#19 Oct 29, 2012
Another set of COINKIDINKYS in the Kennedy family would cause the Kennedy family to suffer pain, sorrow and heartache for over half a Century.

The Kennedy Curse

Rosemary Kennedy
Sister of JFK would become "Increasingly violent" and suffer "mood swings". She would become
"Institutionalized" after a failed Lobotomy.

Aug. 1944
Joseph Kennedy
The older brother of JFK would die after his plane exploded.

May 13, 1948
Kathleen Kennedy Cavendish
Sister of JFK, would die in a plane crash in France.

Aug. 23, 1956
Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy would give birth to a still born baby.

Aug 9, 1963
Patrick Kennedy would die 2 days after his premature birth. He was the son of JFK.

Nov. 22, 1963
John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Texas.

Location hidden

#20 Oct 29, 2012
Kennedy's continued

June 19, 1964
Ted Kennedy would be injured in a plane crash. His aide and pilot were killed.

June 5, 1968
U.S. Senator Robert Kennedy was assassinated in California. He was the brother of JFK.

July 18, 1969
Mary Jo Kopechne would die in a car driven by Ted Kennedy (Chappaquiddick). He would leave the scene of the accident. He would be pleade guilty to leaving the scene.

Ted Kennedy would receive his first Communion from Pope Pius XII himself AT THE VATICAN.

Ted Kennedy, after he murdered. Scratch that, After he accidentally killed Mary Jo, would ponder in a speech. "Whether some awful curse did actually hang over all the Kennedys".

Why would there be a CURSE on the Kennedy family?

It could be the fact that they were all strict staunch Roman Cat-holics.

It could be the fact that Papa Kennedy (Joseph Kennedy Sr.) made a fortune BOOTLEGGIN' WHISKEY from Scotland to America in the 1930's. That is, he made a killin' off of KILLIN' PEOPLE.

It could be the fact that the Kennedy's were a very, very rich family.

1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL...

No doubt, the Kennedy's SUFFERED ALL KINDS OF EVIL.

...which while some coveted after...

As Joseph Kennedy Sr. did in the 1930's and the Kennedy children did subsequently.

...they have erred FROM THE FAITH, AND PIERCED THEMSELVES THROUGH WITH MANY SORROWS.

Or it could be that their Liberal Political Platforms and Stands MADE GOD SICK.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
A wise man's heart is at his right hand...

As the Right Wing Conservative.

...but a FOOLS heart at his LEFT.

As in the LEFTIST LENIN/LENNON LEFT LEANING LIBERAL LOONS OF AMERICAN POLITICS.

The Kennedy's would suffer because of the POLITICS/RELIGION/WICKEDNESS/R ICHES FROM SIN.

Location hidden

#21 Oct 29, 2012
Kennedy curse continued

Aug. 13, 1973
Joseph Kennedy 11
Was driving a car that crashed which permanently paralyzed his passenger Pam Kelley.

Nov. 17, 1973
Ted Kennedy Jr. would have his right leg amputated because of Bone Cancer.

Oct. 30, 1975
Michael Skakel, the Nephew of Ethal Kennedy (the widow of Senator Robert Kennedy) would kill 15 year old Martha Moxley by beating her to death with a golf club. He would be affraid that she would say something about him masterbating outsider her window the night before. She would be killed 37 years ago tomorrow.God be with her family.
Skakel wouldn't be convicted until 2002. He would only RECEIVE 20 YEARS.

April 25, 1984
David Kennedy
Robert Kennedy's son who would nearly drown the day before his father was assassinated. Would suffer from drug addiction most of his life. He would die from a drug overdose.

April 1, 1991
William Kennedy Smith
Nephew of JFK would be arrested for rape. He would be acquitted.$$$???

Dec. 31, 1997
Michael Kennedy
Robert Kennedy's son would die in a skiing accident.

July 16, 1999
JFK Jr. son of John F. Kennedy along with his wife and sister-in-law would die off the coast of Marthas Vineyard in a plane crash.

Sept. 16, 2011
Karen Kennedy Allen
Daughter of Ted Kennedy would die of a heart attack while working out at a gymn.

May 16, 2012
Mary Richardson Kennedy
Estranged wife of Robert Kennedy Jr. would hang herself at her 4 million $$$ mansion at Bedford NY.

The life styles of the rich and famous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hometown Urgent Care 31 min Guest 43
Little men who wanna be big 55 min Anonymouse 8
This is clear evil, spawned in the RED slave st... 1 hr Overheard 4
Confederate statue downtown 2 hr MAGA 45
Not one word in the gazette about the nazi hate... 2 hr MAGA 2
msr 4 hr really 2
Bunny Club 4 hr RabbitsPeter 3
Los portales- WARNING 4 hr REDS don t care 46
John Uitendaal 19 hr ECY 10

Dyersburg Jobs