Dyer County Sheriff Dept

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sheila

United States

#1 Jul 3, 2009
What the hell is going on with this jail? Why can you now all of a sudden noe accept collect calls from inmates? They want you to pay $70 dollars for 40 phone calls to this company the jail now has and plus you then also have to pay AT&T for the calls how is this fair?
joker

Tiptonville, TN

#2 Jul 3, 2009
well first of all go back to school take spelling second they should not have any phone rights at all they are in jail what do you wanna call fair should they be feed a steak everyday because they robbed stole sold drugs or shot someone? keep your crackhead opions to yourself society is glad they are there and proud of the sheriffs dept
LOL

Dyersburg, TN

#3 Jul 3, 2009
joker wrote:
well first of all go back to school take spelling second they should not have any phone rights at all they are in jail what do you wanna call fair should they be feed a steak everyday because they robbed stole sold drugs or shot someone? keep your crackhead opions to yourself society is glad they are there and proud of the sheriffs dept
Did you say "go back to school and take spelling"?
anon

Dyersburg, TN

#4 Jul 3, 2009
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say "go back to school and take spelling"?
yea but his id is joker so i guess it was a JOKE or hes a joke one probably the latter.
Mr Crowley

Dyersburg, TN

#5 Jul 3, 2009
They are in jail. They don't deserve any rights what so ever.

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Jul 3, 2009
well you can buy them a calling card i think
Ginger

United States

#7 Jul 3, 2009
Why would you want to buy a PRISONER a calling card? They are in there for punishment NOT a motel or something. It seems to me the PRISONERS want everything like home but can't get out. LEAVE THE PRISONERS IN JAIL TO SUFFER. They put themselves in there. They will think twice about going back IF you stop giving them stuff.
music lover

AOL

#8 Jul 3, 2009
always remember in todays world that the law is made to protect the guilty...they have more rights than we do....the innocent suffer everyday

Since: May 09

Ripley, TN

#9 Jul 3, 2009
I agree with all of you; that say they're inmates and that they don't deserve certain things. The only thing you must remember that these people are somebody's family: son, daughter, brother, sister, mother, father, husband, or wife. Their family didn't commit the crime and shouldn't be punished by not being able to talk to them on the phone. Yes there should be strict restrictions on it. Maybe one call a week for a max of 15 minutes or something like that. Some of these families may not be able to afford this $70.00 charge for forty calls; what happens to the extra money if the inmate don't use all of the forty calls? I do agree that the meals should be basic and that they shouldn't have cable TV. I also feel that they should have to do some kind of work to pay for there stay.

Dyersburg, TN

#10 Jul 3, 2009
reddawn78 wrote:
I agree with all of you; that say they're inmates and that they don't deserve certain things. The only thing you must remember that these people are somebody's family: son, daughter, brother, sister, mother, father, husband, or wife. Their family didn't commit the crime and shouldn't be punished by not being able to talk to them on the phone. Yes there should be strict restrictions on it. Maybe one call a week for a max of 15 minutes or something like that. Some of these families may not be able to afford this $70.00 charge for forty calls; what happens to the extra money if the inmate don't use all of the forty calls? I do agree that the meals should be basic and that they shouldn't have cable TV. I also feel that they should have to do some kind of work to pay for there stay.
You are very right they are someones family and they are human. There are some people there that need to be but there are some people that do not need to be there some people get punished that are innocent it happens every day and like I said before it is who you know who you are or where you work if you get punished. Also they are humans I have never been in jail but I know people that have and they say they have no pillow and a thiln blanket and they freeze at night. They say they get very little to eat or drink you would get in trouble to do an animal like that. When John Cribbs was sheriff they had tvs in jail and you could bring them food and I am telling you things were a lot straighter then. They was not as much crime, stealing, and drugs as there ae now. So it did not hurt for them to have good meals or tv. Some people are treated better than others in jail and that is not fair either. And there are those there that have just made a mistake one time or got off with the wrong crowd. Think about that. Some people get abused in jail or even killed. Wouldnt you want to hear from your family to see if they were alright. I dont have anyone in jail and I have never been but I do think of other people and how I would feel. And I have heard that the cops arent innocent I have heard they know the drug rings because they are in it thier self. Do you think they would be punished?
Ginger

United States

#11 Jul 4, 2009
You are right...the family of the prisoners are not in jail and do not need to suffer. BUT, their loved one put them in this position. Do NOT FORGET THAT.
chatanoogachooch oo

Gleason, TN

#12 Jul 4, 2009
reddawn78 wrote:
the ones in jail, didn't care about the ones they stole from, they had choice as everyone to break the laws or not. I know a lot of people don't have enough money. I don't feel any pity for those that blow all of their money on drugs and alcohol especially when they have children doing without so mama and daddy can get high and a buzz. sometimes you sacrifice as an adult for children's needs first. to get high and drunk and your children are hungry for food. is not good. men in jail do not desrve tv , 3 meals a day, and lie for drug medications to run a business while incarcerated telephone calls . some law abideing citizens don't have those things.

Dyersburg, TN

#13 Jul 4, 2009
It does seem like many of the same ones are in jail again and again. They should have to work to pay for their phone calls. Not put it off on their families. I do realize there are exceptions, but many of these people have put their families though enough!

“Randy”

Since: Jun 09

The South

#14 Jul 4, 2009
This is a jail you're talking about. Of course they have rights, many of them haven't even had a trial yet and are still innocent in the eyes of the law. Or they committed minor infractions that warranted less than a year of confinement.

All of you tough-on-crime morons don't know what you're talking about. The dyer county jail is not where your hardcore criminals end up. Most of those people are there for pre-trial detention and minor drug charges, like most jails in this country.
Jess

Dyersburg, TN

#15 Jul 4, 2009
Unless you have had a loved one in jail then you don't need to say shit about what they need and don't.They are still human beings and need to be treated as one. They don't get shit to eat in jail, unless you becomes close with a gard or a cook. Everyone makes mistakes! What if you mad one mistake and had to go throught the hell they do.. then I bet you would change your minds. The family suffers, but the inmates are suffering too. Half of them don't even have family to support them.. so this makes it ten times worse. They have feelings too so unless you are in their shoes for one time then you need to keep your damn mouth shut!
Bill

United States

#17 Jul 5, 2009
I HAVE NEVER BEEN IN JAIL. I do not do drugs, rape people, steal or any other crimes. I have the sense to know right from wrong. I make mistakes BUT NOT ones that would put me in jail. Most of the ones in jail are ones who have been there before. My parents taught me right from wrong. I know better. I do not feel sorry for these people. If you hang with criminals, you have a greater chance of becoming one. I chose who to "hang" with. I have no jail record. I do not feel sorry for the ones in jail. IF someone committed a crime against you, would you feel sorry for the criminals. If you stay away from crime and know right from wrong, you will not be in jail.
DBURGDUDE

Martin, TN

#18 Jul 5, 2009
I dont think they should have any rights, so what if they are someones family the girl the kidnapped, raped, killed, or the store clerk they robbed at gunpoint or the police officer they killed went through hell with these people. Fuck The Prisoners, If u commit a henious crime you should be put to death, now armed robbery yeah ok serve 20 yrs all 20 yrs, but the child abuse and rapes and murder, FRY THEIR ASSES!! I dont think they should have anything, no tv, no phone calls, no snacks, NOTHING. Make them stay in the cell for 23 hrs a day, I had a friend murdered in Dyersburg and when my cousin was 16 she was raped, Kill them sorry shit eaters. If u dont like this post fuck u too

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19 Jul 5, 2009
ring-2 wrote:
This is a jail you're talking about. Of course they have rights, many of them haven't even had a trial yet and are still innocent in the eyes of the law. Or they committed minor infractions that warranted less than a year of confinement.
All of you tough-on-crime morons don't know what you're talking about. The dyer county jail is not where your hardcore criminals end up. Most of those people are there for pre-trial detention and minor drug charges, like most jails in this country.
QFT
Sunny D

AOL

#20 Jul 5, 2009
joker wrote:
Well Joker,your name implies exactly where you stand when it comes to human beings.com munication to the outside world is very important to the inmates.they have families that love them regardless of what they did or where they are.they seldom ever get to go outside where the fresh air and sunshine is.at times they need some outside intervention from thier families.just remember, if you or yours ever get locked up chances are you will be begging for a telephone.
jailbird

Union City, TN

#21 Jul 5, 2009
reddawn78 wrote:
they get charge $25. for each meal they get brought. I think that is all the damn pay the jail needs. No they dont pay it while in ther but it gets put on their fines and they have to pay it when they get out. I dont guess any of your close peoples been in jail. Your just on here running your mouth about somehting u know nothing about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is Great (Aug '14) 49 min Ovart the Terrible 3,169
Ladies: Sculpted nails 51 min prettygur87 3
Police Corruption 1 hr Guest 2 49
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 1 hr guest 103,331
Kristen Johnson aggrivated burglary 2 hr Adj 2
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 3 hr Dickens1 7,940
Idictments are out 3 hr guest 60
shooting in Trimble 7 hr guest 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance