Sioux City, IA

#1 Feb 18, 2013

Beech Bluff, TN

#2 Feb 18, 2013
school opting out of lunch program due to wasted food and paying children not buying.
anon

Ripley, TN

#3 Feb 18, 2013
The school lunches are horrible! They're trying to make our kids eat junk they don't want. Giving them 1% milk! My God, kids need strong bones and 1% milk won't cut it!

It's those damn food police at work again. They don't want us eating anything unless they approve of it or drinking a big coke.

Sioux City, IA

#4 Feb 20, 2013
anon wrote:
The school lunches are horrible! They're trying to make our kids eat junk they don't want. Giving them 1% milk! My God, kids need strong bones and 1% milk won't cut it!
It's those damn food police at work again. They don't want us eating anything unless they approve of it or drinking a big coke.
waste of money is what it is....my kids are still hungry after their measly crappy lunch. and my kids a skinny!
An Arkie

Hot Springs Village, AR

#5 Feb 23, 2013
1% milk has more nutrients, including calcium ( that's for strong bones), with less saturated fat and cholesterol. Just say why you are really against healthier lunches for our obese nation ( children and adults alike) and stop hiding behind "you're looking out for the kids".
I guess you're against exercise, too.

Sioux City, IA

#6 Feb 24, 2013
Waste of paying parents money if we all quit paying they will change the menu .michelle obama is the reason it is like this. Fighting childhood obesity.my kids havnt ate school lunch in 5 months an they love it
An Arkie

Alexander, AR

#7 Feb 24, 2013
We send a lunch with our daughter, too. It's better and it always has been.
This is an interesting subject, so I ask my daughter what she thought and she said the last two years has been a drastic improvement from a health standpoint and the students mostly welcome this change. With that being said, she believes there is a real issue with the quality of the food being served. Fruits and veggies lacking color and freshness, so many prefer to bring their lunches. But, they contain the same type of food, so the problem doesn't sound like healthy choice problem, but a quality problem. It is still a step in the right direction. An apple vs fries is a no brainer and if you think differently, you are letting your political views get in the way of common sense.
anon

Ripley, TN

#8 Feb 24, 2013
Making kids drink 1% milk when they need regular milk for their bones and growth is crazy! I was never in favor of "junk food" but this ridiculous move to make people eat crappy food is nonsense.

In new York City the liberal mayor has banned pizza delivery places from sending out free 2 liter drinks with their order. This, along with banning 20 oz drinks is stupid and massive government overreach. But this is what liberals do in order to divert attention away from the real problems (deficits, unemployment, high taxes, crime, etc.)...
Old man Bville

Manila, AR

#9 Feb 24, 2013
An Arkie wrote:
1% milk has more nutrients, including calcium ( that's for strong bones), with less saturated fat and cholesterol. Just say why you are really against healthier lunches for our obese nation ( children and adults alike) and stop hiding behind "you're looking out for the kids".
I guess you're against exercise, too.
I tryed exercise one time, and my hart started beating fast, I got short of breath, my face turned red, and I broke out in a heave sweat. I wont do that again.
Old man Bville

Manila, AR

#10 Feb 24, 2013
Make that a 'heavy sweat'
yep

United States

#11 Feb 24, 2013
Wait what? Where have 20 oz drinks been banned at and why??
anon

Ripley, TN

#12 Feb 24, 2013
yep wrote:
Wait what? Where have 20 oz drinks been banned at and why??
New York City. Google it & you'll see
bill

Rowlett, TX

#13 Feb 24, 2013
ny has practically banned air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zach Heather Jones/Dyersburg most wanted!! 41 min Country gal 6
B & B market in Finley/Big Boy Junction (Jan '09) 1 hr Polka Dot 240
Hometown Urgent Care 1 hr Hucs 29
DCHS Principal 1 hr Breaker breaker 11
Fight at Abe's 3 hr guest 21
President for six months: 3 hr Really 2
Star Wars or Star Trek? 4 hr anon 4

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance