Campaign

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Judged:

Do you spank your kids when their bad or do you do time out and restric them, or all of the above? I recently saw a lot of chit chat about how spanking a child makes them aggressive as an adult.

Here is one article that talks about it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-209...

But what about at your house, your kids?
Things are really changing and parents dont have a lot of say so these days....
Dixie

Smithville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2012

Judged:

My momma spanked me when I was small, but she always sat down and talked to me about it. As I got older, she would ground me. I have never been accused of being overly aggressive. I have been told I am confident and a good person.
okay

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

I would be in the all above category. I would think most good parents would.(though I support those parents that choose to discipline with other methods than spanking)

Different infractions constitute different punishments. Spankings are only given for the worst infractions.

Normally for something that could result in my kid getting hurt or hurting others.

But there are also rules for my husband and myself regarding spanking. Such as only open hand on the bottom, never when we are angry or annoyed, no more than four strikes, and we always make it clear why the kiddo is getting spanked and talk about it afterward.

I was also spanked growing up, and don't think its had a negative effect on me.
I think a lot of these type of study's are biased, and don't draw a line between normal spanking and beatings.
live and let live

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

I think spanking is justified when the offense is bad. There has to be limits like those above, but, spanking can be justified.
Children need to be taught that there are reactions to their actions. The world doesn't just "time you out" if their actions are bad. Parents also need to follow up on their threats....nothing worse than to have a Mom/Dad threaten a punishment on a child and you know that that parent does not/will not follow thru.....

Since: Feb 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

My parents spanked me; my teachers paddled me.
I thank them to this day for keeping me on the straight and narrow to becoming the solid citizen I am today.
There is a HUGE difference in spanking/paddling and abuse.
Abuse is never right.
Dixie

Smithville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

okay wrote:
I would be in the all above category. I would think most good parents would.(though I support those parents that choose to discipline with other methods than spanking)

Different infractions constitute different punishments. Spankings are only given for the worst infractions.

Normally for something that could result in my kid getting hurt or hurting others.

But there are also rules for my husband and myself regarding spanking. Such as only open hand on the bottom, never when we are angry or annoyed, no more than four strikes, and we always make it clear why the kiddo is getting spanked and talk about it afterward.

I was also spanked growing up, and don't think its had a negative effect on me.
I think a lot of these type of study's are biased, and don't draw a line between normal spanking and beatings.
I agree. I have never and will never spank my child when I am angry or upset. My child is very sensitive to emotions, I learned when she was very young, if you yell at her she just gets hysterical and then shuts down. I have to calmly talk to her, then administer the punishment. There was one time she actually thanked me for spanking her, after I explained why I was spanking her. She lied about an incident at school. She told me that she knew I was trying to teach her to be a good person because I loved her and wanted her to have a good life.

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

That's what wrong with kids now days they have no reSpect for there self or others, I my self wasn't just wooped but beat as a kid and I would never beat my kids because there is a fine line between a wooping and a beatting, and you have to know the difference

Bolivar, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

Look back to the time before the 80s. there was no such thing of ADD, ADHD or alternative school. You screwed up and mom or dad busted that ass. if you screwed up at school, the teacher busted that ass and then when you got home, mom or dad busted that ass again.. Now days, parents sit their kids in front of an X-Box and hope they keep their mouth shut so they can "do their thing"... just sayin!!

Since: May 10

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

I like to beat my kids at least 3 times a day just to let them know who's the boss. Hell, they don't even have to do anything wrong. Once when they wake up, when they get home from school, and a lil bit before bed. They are the most well behaved kids you have ever seen. And they listen the first time. I don't have to keep repeating myself.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

I agree that you should try different things first.like time out.it never worked for me.he just kept getting up.then we would try it again. He screamed so loud people would think I was beating him. So every child has a different temperament so you have to work on that. I tried everything but nothing worked so I spanked him on is bottom 3-5 times is was if he went to fighting back.he is very agestive whats to hurt the dogs and laugh.I do not mean trying to kill them.but hitting them with a toy or pull there tails and they cried ..so I had to show him want he was doing.so I starting spanking him when he just would not stop.then make him stay in bed until he could calm down.when he got up.sometimes he would hug the dogs.sometimes he would not do anything but start to play. He is a hand full. But some days he is so sweet. He just different you never know sweet or being bad all day. But never have I hit him just his butt.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Hellbilly 1 wrote:
I like to beat my kids at least 3 times a day just to let them know who's the boss. Hell, they don't even have to do anything wrong. Once when they wake up, when they get home from school, and a lil bit before bed. They are the most well behaved kids you have ever seen. And they listen the first time. I don't have to keep repeating myself.
You are called a child abuser it sounds like u really enjoy it beating your kids.we were talking about spanking on their butts not beating.I am sure they are good kids cause you have scared the hell out of them. Beating first thing in the morning I bet they really sleep like an angel knowing the ass was going to get beat when their eyes open. Why don't you tell us were u live. I bet you are a big Chicken picking on kids.I bet you are 5"7 200 pounds and ball headed. U have no self respect for yourself. So how can u with those little kids. Just remember one day those kids. Will grow up.maybe u ass will get beat real good.with the way times are going. you might just teach your kids to be a killer. But what a proud pop that will make u. Maybe they will try it out on u first. Fair is Fair*****

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are called a child abuser it sounds like u really enjoy it beating your kids.we were talking about spanking on their butts not beating.I am sure they are good kids cause you have scared the hell out of them. Beating first thing in the morning I bet they really sleep like an angel knowing the ass was going to get beat when their eyes open. Why don't you tell us were u live. I bet you are a big Chicken picking on kids.I bet you are 5"7 200 pounds and ball headed. U have no self respect for yourself. So how can u with those little kids. Just remember one day those kids. Will grow up.maybe u ass will get beat real good.with the way times are going. you might just teach your kids to be a killer. But what a proud pop that will make u. Maybe they will try it out on u first. Fair is Fair*****
tomato........tamahto
Dirk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

As your parents get older and nuts I think you should be able to spank them, they turn back to kids but much worse!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Hellbilly 1 wrote:
HEADLINE AT 10:00-FATHER WHO BEAT CHILDREN FOUND DEAD WITH GUNSHOTS TO HEAD, ONE FROM EACH CHILD.

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Fairplay2 wrote:
<quoted text>HEADLINE AT 10:00-FATHER WHO BEAT CHILDREN FOUND DEAD WITH GUNSHOTS TO HEAD, ONE FROM EACH CHILD.
They can't. When they are not in school, I keep them locked in dog cages in the basement.
Dixie

Smithville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Y'all leave Hellbilly alone, he is having fun at your expense. I don't know him, but I know enough to know he isn't a kid.

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Dixie wrote:
Y'all leave Hellbilly alone, he is having fun at your expense. I don't know him, but I know enough to know he isn't a kid.
Very true. I can't believe people would actually think someone would sit here and tell people that they beat their kids. Some people will believe anything that they read. It's on the internet, so it must be true. hahahahahahahahahahaha

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Hellbilly 1 wrote:
<quoted text>Very true. I can't believe people would actually think someone would sit here and tell people that they beat their kids. Some people will believe anything that they read. It's on the internet, so it must be true. hahahahahahahahahahaha
Yes, it is funny, the things some people will believe.

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

I've seen kids you could talk to and it would work. I have seen kids who you could talk to and you might as well me talking to the wall. Some kids are just really "HEAD STRONG" and a good butt whipping is all they understand. A butt whipping never hurt anyone. Child abuse is another story all in itself. Emotional and physical.

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

A shotgun packed with rocksalt will work wonders for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

129 Users are viewing the Dyersburg Forum right now

Search the Dyersburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 14 min Wandering 141,293
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 14 min BTW 96,875
Escapee from Dyer County Jail 18 min guest 111
What makes people leave a church? 21 min Ms Kitty 93
Brian Whitt busted with Meth 34 min lmfao 41
christy copeland 43 min guest 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 57 min WTH 8,975
Barbque cookoff 5 hr Jon 26
•••
•••
•••

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••