First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lmao

Tucker, GA

#1 May 7, 2013
I was in there two days ago and will never go back....they had strawberries and each pack had white mold growing in it.....all the package of white onions were half black from where they're rotting... this isn't the first time I've seen this but this was the last straw for me....its bad when an employee is standing there stocking stuff right beside the rotten food and sees u going thru all of them but they just ignore it and let it sit there...if I was working there and saw the rotten veggies/fruit I would be pulling it off the shelf immediately!!! Employees, don't be shocked when u get a visit from the health Dept soon!
guest speaker

Jackson, TN

#2 May 8, 2013
lmao wrote:
I was in there two days ago and will never go back....they had strawberries and each pack had white mold growing in it.....all the package of white onions were half black from where they're rotting... this isn't the first time I've seen this but this was the last straw for me....its bad when an employee is standing there stocking stuff right beside the rotten food and sees u going thru all of them but they just ignore it and let it sit there...if I was working there and saw the rotten veggies/fruit I would be pulling it off the shelf immediately!!! Employees, don't be shocked when u get a visit from the health Dept soon!
I bought a big pack of water once I bought them I noticed there was roaches all in the bottom I will never shop there again
wow

Henderson, TN

#3 May 8, 2013
Save a Lot and Country Mart are the two supermarkets that cater to the EBT Clients. Shhhhhhh, dont be tellin the bad stuff so "they" will continue to shop there.. If you talk bad about them, they will come to the clean supermarkets. Aint nobody got time for that!!! lol

Dyersburg, TN

#4 May 9, 2013
*SIGH*
I miss the paper food stamp books
gorbachev

Sioux City, IA

#5 May 9, 2013
I don't get EBT but I do go to Save a Lot from time to time. There are things I will get there and some things I won't. I've never had a problem with any purchase I've made there.

Use common sense and you'll be fine.
Anonymous

Longview, TX

#6 May 9, 2013
Well i was in there a couple of days ago and i asked one of the young boys stalking a question of where something was and his pants were so far down that i could see his red boxers....I'm sorry but if i can see your crack and you are stocking food there....ummmm just makes me disgusted
tired

United States

#7 May 19, 2013
I was there about a week ago, bell peppers were on sale, the produce guy was standing there and when I asled if there were any better peppers in the back, he was hateful and indicated that the peppers I saw was all he had take em or leave em...posted me off and I told him too....left the store without anything...period, never will go back.

Sioux City, IA

#8 May 19, 2013
oh stop all the crying. if you dont like it. grow your own damn veggies!

dumbass people.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#9 May 19, 2013
It's Save-A-Lot.. what're you expecting, Publix?
gitch

United States

#10 May 19, 2013
guest wrote:
oh stop all the crying. if you dont like it. grow your own damn veggies!
dumbass people.
that is beside the point....point is a grocery store should sale good unexpired food... If I'm spending money then the food should b up to par....not rotten crap that could make someone sick.
Lying Ass People

Sioux City, IA

#11 May 19, 2013
I go to Sav A Lot every week. I have never seen nor bought any rotten food. I have seen some bruised veggies and fruits but not all of them were that way and you will find those conditions in any grocery store. The person talking about the peppers on sale. I saw the peppers. They were 3 for $1. Yes they were started to wrinkle but they were not rotten, which, I assume, is why they were that cheap. I planned on cooking them that night so I bought them. Had I not planned on using them that night, I wouldn't have bought them because then they would have rotted before I could use them. And for your grammatical pleasure, to Anonymous, they don't "stalk" the produce, they "stock" it. Idiots can't spell, you sure as hell shouldn't be operating a cookstove!!! Country Mart is the WORST GROCER IN THE COUNTY!!! I go in there occasionally but only to buy prepackaged meat from places like Tyson, William's Sausage, etc..and I always check the dates on them. Anything else in there is a crap shoot. There is always rotting veggies, fruit...the meat area smells like something died and has been in there rotting for a week, I've seen mold in the meat coolers, it's disgusting. Sav A Lot is not the problem, Country Mart is. They should shut that place down!!!
Just Me

Sioux City, IA

#13 May 19, 2013
wow wrote:
Save a Lot and Country Mart are the two supermarkets that cater to the EBT Clients. Shhhhhhh, dont be tellin the bad stuff so "they" will continue to shop there.. If you talk bad about them, they will come to the clean supermarkets. Aint nobody got time for that!!! lol
I shopped at both store's I use my EBT card,but last time I went to Country Mart got meat from the pick 5 it was down right nasty looked ok took it home put it in the freezer few day's later I got some burger out an it was nasty.I won't be going back there i will go back to Alamo at least their store is kept clean an do help someone when u ask them.
disable

Dyersburg, TN

#14 May 19, 2013
I get EBT and im just as good as the next person and we can shop anywere we want too im glad you don't need them but don't put down the people that needs them will be praying for you that GOD will gave you compassion for other people GOD be with you WOW
Lying Ass People

Sioux City, IA

#15 May 19, 2013
wow wrote:
I've got some news for you, know it all: I've seen EBT customers in Sav A Lot, Country Mart, Wal-Mart, Kroger, Food Rite AND I have seen cash paying customers who prefer to go to Sav A Lot because of the low prices. So there is no merit to your stupid remark. Ain't nobody got time for you, FUCKTARD!!!
disable

Dyersburg, TN

#16 May 19, 2013
good job lying ass people she needs to be told off
dude

Beech Bluff, TN

#17 May 19, 2013
wow wrote:
I don't understand the logic here. Ebt is free, why would they be the ones at the cheap store? They shop at Walmart and Kroger gettin' steaks and skrimps. It's the people paying for their food at save a lot. And a lot of old folks.

Sioux City, IA

#19 May 20, 2013
gitch wrote:
<quoted text> that is beside the point....point is a grocery store should sale good unexpired food... If I'm spending money then the food should b up to par....not rotten crap that could make someone sick.
maybe you should pay attention to what you purchase bitch, i mean glitch!
gitch

United States

#20 May 20, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should pay attention to what you purchase bitch, i mean glitch!
I do look at what im purchasing, u cumguzzler, I have been in save a lot too many times and always c moldy food but for now on I will snap some pics to show the health Dept and corporate office.
Ex-employee

United States

#21 May 20, 2013
I use to work at save a lot. Things might have went downhill since then, but while I was there, we cleaned ALL THE TIME! I've even gotten compliments on how that was the cleanest save a lot store people have seen. All groceries were rotated, if we seen a problem with produce or anything else, we would take it to the back and restock it. The meat department was always super clean and the meat dates were always checked. It was a good, cheap store. But again, that's been a while. Maybe they just have workers now that don't care. Who knows? But anyways, EBT has nothing I do with save a lot, country mart, Kroger, or any other store. I've seen people with EBT come buy some stuff from save a lot, then go buy more stuff from another store. Just like I've seen some high class people come to save a lot and spend their CASH! Point is, whether you have food stamps or not, if you dot like the store, don't shop there!

Sioux City, IA

#22 May 20, 2013
gitch wrote:
<quoted text>I do look at what im purchasing, u cumguzzler, I have been in save a lot too many times and always c moldy food but for now on I will snap some pics to show the health Dept and corporate office.
be sure to snap a picture of your dirty ass and send it to world color.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 50 min Pennie Lane 11,156
News Blood donors needed (Feb '09) 1 hr Maybe 17
Topix really sucks , NOW... 1 hr IDK 14
Blackburns 4 hr Impulse 3
Would you take an ex lover back? 4 hr DearAbyss 2
What do black and Latins find attractive about ... 5 hr Disgusted 1
what do black men find attractive about white w... (Aug '10) 5 hr None 412
51 club 6 hr The trumpster 23
Drunk Drivers 10 hr AlwaysDrunkAlways... 33

Dyersburg Jobs