Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Football or Pigskin Jubilee!

We are in the middle of Football season.

People are so thankful for this past weekend for a number of reasons. Not necessarily in this order for importance.

1. Time off from work.
2. Fellowship with family.
3. Great deals to be discovered at the Mall and at Walmart.(Flashmobs/shoppers)
4. Pigin' out (I mean enjoying and observing Thanksgiving with their families)
Although most of America are "thankful" only to themselves, to their credit card, to their boss, to the government or even to their family, they're NOT thankful to God!
5. FOOTBALL
Some people have spent the entire weekend living, breathing, watching FOOTBALL.

When you say FOOTBALL in the United States, there's no confusion as to what your talking about.
-Your not talking about Soccor.
-Your not talking about Australian Football.
-Your not talking about Rugby.

Your talking about:
College, Pro, Vols, NFL, NFC, AFC, Saturday afternoon, Sunday afternoon (The preacher better not go past 12:00), Monday night, Hank Williams jr. Are you ready for some Football?, Tim Tebow, Howard Cossell, The Mannings, Al Micheals, Troy Aikman, Brent Musburger, Greg Gumbel, Gators, Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw and Bobble heads.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Football-

One of the greatest pastimes observed during the Fall/Winter months in the U.S.
But most Americans have NO IDEA the significance of Americas love and admiration for Football.

The original "footballs" were called "Pigskin" FOOTBALLS. That is they were made from "inflated pig bladders" inside a leather cover, consequently, it is the ultimate Gentile sport/pastime.

Gods command to the Jews in the Old Testament:
Deuteronomy 14:8
And the swine
That would be a Pig.

...because it divideth the hoof, yet, cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you: ye shall not eat of their flesh.

An Old Testement Jew would never be associated with swine, pigs, pigskin, pig-bladder (Football).

Football in America 2011/12 is Gentiles in all their glory.

Typical American Pigskin Jubilee-

Beer, BBQ (pork), Babes, Ball (pigskin) and booming rock and Roll (Boom, Boom out go the lights, Boom Boom Boom Boom).

Valhalla, the mythical afterlife of the pagans (Vikings, Titans, Giants).
The United States has not become sophisticated, we've only upgraded to ungodliness 2.0!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

By the time of Jesus many of the Jews were in the Pig trade.

Mark 5:1-4
(1) And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
(2) And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

This man was devil(s) possessed (the Bible, AV, calls them unclean spirits and devils, not demons).

(3) Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
(4) Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

He would be a good Titan.

This guy loved to show off his srength.

"Neither could any man tame him"

That is, he was a FREE AGENT.
he would FREEBASE (COCAINE) he would run around singing about his FREEDOM "Proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm FREE"

This Nation loves to sing about it's FREEDOM. My question is FREEDOM to do what?

Amarica has made a God out of its FREEDOM.

What are you doing with your FREEDOM?

The Liberty Bell has a crack in it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

(5) And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.

(6) But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him.
(7) And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thoe Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God...

Favorite expression of devil possessed people (BY GOD).

...THAT THOU TORMENT ME NOT.

(8) FOR HE SAID UNTO HIM, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
(9) And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are MANY.

"For we are MANY", There's a bunch of us. We're a TEAM! The 99%. "Where's your TEAM spirit?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

(Verse 10) And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
(11) Now there were there nigh unto the mountains a GREAT HERD OF SWINE feeding.
"Great herd of SWINE feeding"

In the Bible Gentiles (there are 3 classas of people in the Bible: Jews, Gentiles and Church of God which is the body of BORN AGAIN BELEIVERS) are pictured as SWINE (Pigs).

1 Corinthians 10:32
Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

Gods people (the Christians and the Jews) are likened unto SHEEP.(Jesus Christ being the Good Shepherd).

The Gentiles (all Races, Nations and Nationalities other than the Jews) are pictured as Hogs (Swine, pigs) and Dogs.

Some one says, "How crude, for God to call people animals!"

Really?

"She's a fox", "he's a dog", He's a pig", Let's get out oif here before the PIGS show up", Circa 60's and early 70's. Lost unregeneate Gentils in the Bible are likened unto HOGS and DOGS!

Nothing has changed in 2000 years.
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

shut this train down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Matthew 7:6 JESUS SPEAKING
Give not that which is holy unto the DOGS, neither cast ye your pearls before SWINE, lest they trample them under their feet,...

Sounds like a good TACKLE!

...and turn again and rend you.

Gentiles in all their unregenerate glory!

2 Peter 2:21-22
(21) For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
(22) But it is happened unto them according to the TRUE proverb, The DOG is turned unto HIS own vomit again, and the SOW that was washed to HER wallowing in the mire.

Hence, the great message and testimony of salvation "From the mire to the Choir".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Someone says "I still think it's unsophisticated and unrefined for the Bible (God) to liken men to animals." Your a hypocrite!

Have you ever heard of the:

Cardinals, Broncos, Falkons, Lions, Seahawks, Rams, Dolphins, Bears, Eagles, Ravons, Colts, Panthers? SAINTS?

Or what about..

the Blachhawks, Ducks, Penguins, Panthers, Coyotes, Sharks? DEVILS?

Or, The Cubs, Tigers, Marlins, Blue Jays, Orioles? BREWERS?

Once again..

The Raptors, Mavericks, Grizzlies, Hornets, Bucks, Hawks, Timberwolves, Bobcats? WIZARDS?

Gentiles in America call themselves every animal in the book, and are proud of it, along with bootleggers (Brewers) Devils, Wizards and even Saints.

"I don't care what you call me, just as long as you call me!"

Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

yes, clean white gentiles indeed. vote steadybone 2x.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Exodus 32:6-10
(6) And they rose up early on the morrow, and offered burnt offerings, and brought peace offerings; and the people sat down to EAT and to DRINK and rose up to PLAY.

Sounds like they were having a TAILGATE PARTY.

(7) And the LORD said unto Moses, Go, get thee down; for the people, which thou broughtest out of the land of Egypt HAVE CORRUPTED THEMSELVES:
(8) They have turned aside quichly which I commanded them: they have made them a molten CALF,...

Their favorite teams- the Cowboys and the Bulls.

...and have worshipped it.

These Jews were acting like Gentiles.

There's nothing inherently evil about sports.
There's nothing inherently evil about playing sports.
There's nothing inherently evil about watching sports.

The problem arises when people (Christians) WORSHIP sports, sports "STARS", teams, etc., etc.,

...and have sacrificed thereunto,...

Scores and scores of men have SACRIFICED their marriage, their children, their jobs and hundreds and hundreds of $$$ and hours unto a CALF (Bear, Cardinal, or a Colt).

...and said, These be thy gods, O Israel, which have brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.
(9) And the LORD said unto Moses, I have seen this people, and, behold, it is a stiffnecked people.
(10) Now therefore let mealone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.

-Moses would ask this up-to-date question in-
(v26) Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, WHO IS ON THE LORDS SIDE? Let him come unto m. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.

"The Patriots and the Eagles are playing tonight, which SIDE ARE YOU ON?"

Who is on the LORDS side?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Of the 4 major sports in America (Hockey, Basketball, Baseball and Football) none of them are inherently evil. That is, there's nothing wicked or innately sinful in any of them.
The spiritual issue arises when people make gods out of their team, players, coach or game.

If it comes between you and God, it's your god.

A Sunday Football (PIGSKIN) game is a picture of the Gentile in all his "glory".
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

you had me at hello

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Mark 5:12-17 Continued
(12) And all the devils besaught him, saying, send us into the SWINE...

SWINE is PIGS. Gentiles are likened unto pigs in the Bible.

...that we may enter into them.
(13) And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out and entered into the SWINE: and the HERD RAN VIOLENTLY down a steep place into the sea,(there were about two thousand:) and were choked in the sea.
(14) And they that fed the SWINE fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
(15) And they came to Jesus
, and see him that was possessed with the devils, and had the legion, SITTING...

People that are possessed with unclean spirits(devils) can't sit still.

...and clothed

People possessed with devils like to take off their clothes and show their nakedness.

...and in his right mind.

People that are possessed with devils are not in their right mind.

This guy became a real FREE AGENT.

...and they were afraid.

Many people are AFRAID of the wrong things. They weren't afraid of a possessed maniac. When he got right with God, people started getting afraid.

(16) And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the SWINE.

(17) And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.

Many times, even in the early part of the 20th Century, when Jesus Christ came to town many peoples livelyhood would suffer. Bars, liquor stores, Beer joints would close down.

They didn't want Jesus in town.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Paul writing of the events that took place back in Exodus 32:
1 Corithians 10:6-7
(6)Now these things were our examples, to the intent WE SHOULD NOT LUST AFTER EVIL THINGS, as they also lusted.

(7) Neither be ye IDOLATERS, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to EAT and DRINK , and rose up to PLAY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

Let's break down the game and look at it from a Biblical perspective, and see what we might learn.

(1) The game is broken down into 4 quarters.

Their are 4 periods (quarters to life).
Babies, children, manhood and old age. The problen is, some people are taken out of the game (die) in the 2nd or 3rd quarter before they get saved.

Proverbs 28:14
Happy is the man that feareth alway: but he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.

Proverbs 29:1
He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall SUDDENLY be destroyed, and that without remedy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

2. The Coach

You either have a good Coach or you have a bad Coach.

Good Coach

John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself, but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.

Bad Coach

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do, he was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a LIAR, and the father of it.

Scores of people actually think their Coach (Satan) is alright because they may have won a few games, but they don't even realize that the games they've won haven't even put them into the Division Standings.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

The Coach continued:

Psalm 69:1-2
(1) Save me, O God; for the waters are come in unto my soul.
(2) I sink in deep mire, WHERE THERE IS NO STANDING: I am come into deep waters, where the floods overflow me.

Some Coaches are kept around just cause, Well, they've been around forever.(Joe Paterno, Frank Beamer)

The older you get, the harder and harder it gets to FIRE that HEAD COACH that's been with you forever.

Luke 13:11,16
(11) And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity EIGHTEEN years, and was bowed together , and could in NO WISE LIFT UP HERSELF.

(16) And ought not this woman, being a daughter of Abraham, WHOM SATAN HATH BOUND, lo, these eighteen years, be loosed from this bond...

OR BE MADE A FREE AGENT.

... on the sabbath day?

Most people just get COMFORTABLE (use to) their HEAD COACH!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

3. The Officials, Referees, Umpires and Line JUDGES.

That would be the Bible. The word of God will tell you like it is, most people just don't like what it has to say.

One of the books of the Bible is called JUDGES.

Wouldn't it be funny if next Sunday Cortland Finnegan gets called for unnecessary roughness, he yells at the official "Judge not lest ye be not judged!"

People get mad because preachers tell them when/where they are wrong. You've ALREADY BEEN JUDGED BY THE BIBLE, Their not judgeing you, their just calling you on your FOULS. Your the one that's committed the INFRACTION against God.

Job 15:6
Thine own mouth condemneth thee, and not I: yea, thine own lips testify against thee.

John 3:18-19
(18) He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not IS CONDEMNED ALREADY, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
(19) And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men love darkness rather than light, BECAUSE THEIR DEEDS WEE EVIL.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

"They had to BURN their 3rd and final time out after that penalty and SUFFERING a LOSS of yardage"

1 Corinthians 3:15
If any mans work shall BE BURNED, he shall SUFFER LOSS: but he himself shall be SAVED; yet so as by fire.

Many a man is going to stand before the Lord with NOTHING to offer him (that is, nothing to show for the years that they've been saved). Everything that they supposedly did for the Lord was actually done for their own self-recognition in this world.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2011

2 Timothy 2:4-5
(4) No man that WARRETH entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him...

That would be Jesus Christ (The Head Coach)

Ephesians 5:23
For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the HEAD of the church; and he is the saviour of the body.

2 Timothy 2:4 continued
...Who hath chosen him to be a SOLDIER.

They might be called Patriots, Chiefs, Vikings or Raiders.

Some soldiers volunteer, some are drafted.

(5) And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned ...

Many a Christian are serving the Lord for recognition here and now.

"Player of the WEEK"
"Play of the Week"
"ESPN's Top 10"

While some go week after week, year after year. They will be remembered years from now. They will be inducted into the HALL of FAME.

...except ye strive lawfully.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Dyersburg Forum right now

Search the Dyersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Caleb pos Hendrix 8 min ?? 5
Samuel winchester 1 hr samuel winchester 8
best singer in dyersburg 1 hr cody winchester 11
Brian Whitt busted with Meth 2 hr candyman 4
Best Pool Player---UPDATE!!! (Jul '09) 2 hr ThaMan 132
Swingers Club in Dyersburg (Jun '09) 2 hr guest 60
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr WAC 8,898
LIES by Sheriff...more and more of them... 5 hr BLOOD MONEY 35
Danny Ray Sawyers 5 hr BLOOD MONEY 22