Dyersburg Hospital UNFAIR to patients

South Sioux City, NE

#43 Feb 5, 2013
Been there wrote:
I recently was found unresponsive and had flatlined and rushed to hospital. My family comes in from out of town and was not given any info.they were out of their minds with worry! On a ventilator for 5 days and they wouldn't, let family know anything because I couldn't give hospital permission to speak to them....well how could I being unconscious and can't breathe? Ok the hospitaller releases me at 10:00 one morning but did I go home? No! Because they could'nt figure out what happened to me they call in Pathways and it took those so called professionals 3 days to figure out I didn't have mental issues! Now I am 63 years old.I draw $800 social security a month and pay $200 a month for my health insurance and can't work. That hospital expects me to pay $150 monthly! Just let me die next time if I can't make it to Jackson or Memphis! I hope me or any family or friends have to ever go there again.
This is absolutely awful.

South Sioux City, NE

#44 Feb 6, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text> when I was released I also waited three hrs for them to cm take the needle out. I went to nurse station too. Said they had an emergency but didn't look like it. All were sitting at their desks.
Now r u saying u weren't fed? While in the hospital no food? As many bad stuff said about tht hospital I can't believe that. Hell did u ask someone? If I wasn't being fed I'd b screaming to someone about it.
The cleanliness factor. I agree there. Rooms r not cleaned. There were blood drops on floor n the whole time I was there no one mopped cleaned or even changed the bed. Yep could b cleaner.
This all needs to be reported somewhere. They shouldnt be able to collect from anyone they should be closed down.

South Sioux City, NE

#45 Feb 6, 2013
jscott wrote:
Doesnt dyer co have money in a fund that was put there when they sold the hospital for local people to use if they cant pay? Have they used that money up?
Dyer County has the money and never told anyone about it. Now they sold the hospital and they dont pay anything because they dont own the hospital. That money is still in a fund and drawing intrest. For what I dont know? I wonder every time they go up on taxes why they cant use that money instead.
crazy
#46 Feb 6, 2013
to all the people that are saying the ones that dont pay there hospital bills are selfish and greddy and saying people wont something for nothing , wow how stupid and blind you are. looks like to me the hospitals greedy to me and wonts something for nothing because for one they are crappy at there jobs, dont do anything right , hafe the time dont even know what is wrong with you then turn around and expect a huge outrages bill for doing crappy work. and for whoever says well go somewhere else then if you dont like dyersburg hospital , trust me i do after going to the dyersburg hospital twice, never again. i hafe a job maiking good money so its not because im greddy, the point is the hospital does nothing for someing! point blank.

South Sioux City, NE

#47 Feb 6, 2013
I dont go there anymore and neither does my family. If you go to the hospital you want to know what is wrong with you! For one thing if you go to the emergency room you are there half the night only to be told they dont know whats wrong go to your doctor in the morning. And then you get this huge bill. You cant even have a kleenx without paying a lot of money. I went in so much pain I was in tears with my legs and knees. I need knee replacements and cannot afford the surgery and they are bone to bone. Sometimes the pain is unbearable. I waited forever and I never go to the er (i am not a reg. there). After being there all night just wanting something to ease the pain so I could get some rest the doctor says you have arthiritis and sends me home. I knew that and believe me that can be very painful also. He just wasnt old enough to know. Someday I hope he remembes that.
Anon

Strawberry, AR

#48 Feb 6, 2013
guest wrote:
I dont go there anymore and neither does my family. If you go to the hospital you want to know what is wrong with you! For one thing if you go to the emergency room you are there half the night only to be told they dont know whats wrong go to your doctor in the morning. And then you get this huge bill. You cant even have a kleenx without paying a lot of money. I went in so much pain I was in tears with my legs and knees. I need knee replacements and cannot afford the surgery and they are bone to bone. Sometimes the pain is unbearable. I waited forever and I never go to the er (i am not a reg. there). After being there all night just wanting something to ease the pain so I could get some rest the doctor says you have arthiritis and sends me home. I knew that and believe me that can be very painful also. He just wasnt old enough to know. Someday I hope he remembes that.
An adult child of mine was rushed by ambulance to d'burg er and not by hier choice as she was not breathing.The vey youn dr. On call at er responded to me he did not know what I was talking about nor had he ever heard of my daughter' condition! He was so immature and seemed to be trying to impress himself...very high ego!
True

Henderson, TN

#49 Feb 7, 2013
Spin down wrote:
If you pay $10 a month on a million dollar hosp bill, they cannot reject the payment. Even if you are expected to pay $500 a month on it & only send in $10 they HAVE to accept it. As long as you pay some amt EVERY month , there is nothing legally that can be done. If they do not accept your pmt, turn them in. Then they will owe you $ the hoapital also has a little thing called 'spin down'. A one time forgive the amt owed if it is proved you are in a true financial hardship. Good luck!
This is VERY TRUE, I work for a Law Office here in Jackson and been here 25 years now. This person is right if they deny any amount, have proof they denied it and call a Lawyer. Good Luck and God Bless.

Jackson, TN

#50 Feb 7, 2013
The hospital doesnt tell you whatswrong,thats your doctors job.
anon

Ripley, TN

#51 Feb 7, 2013
guest wrote:
Having grammer police on here is bad enough now we have this....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#52 Feb 7, 2013
guest wrote:
If you go to the hospital emergency room, it is not the responsibility of your personal physician to tell you what is wrong....it is the responsibility of the emergency room doctor. However, what good is it to go to the ER and be misdiagnosed? I went to the ER after sharp stabbing pains in my right side and back for more than a week. I didn't have to wait long, and upon going into a room the nurses came asked why I was there, took my BP, and said they were going to start an IV. I received no IV. They gave me a shot for pain, ordered blood work, and a CT scan. After the CT scan, the nurse came back, saw I was still in extreme pain and returned with another syringe of stronger pain medication. The nurse asked if I had ever had shingles and I said I had. The doctor then came in and told me I had shingles. I explained to him that I DID NOT HAVE SHINGLES. I explained that I knew what they were like, I had no adhesions, no break of skin anywhere on my body, and not even a reddened area where shingles were starting. Being the good doctor he was, he prescribed medication for shingles,(two bottles) and sent me home (which I still have). I finally got to see my FNP a few days later and was told I DID NOT HAVE THE SHINGLES, and to go to Jackson General. Got to Jackson General, waited only a few minutes in the ER before seeing a doctor, blood was taken, and another CT scan. Results: Kidney infection and three days in the hospital. Now tell me, how in the world did the Dyersburg doctor come up with shingles?(They must have been running a special on shingles.) They never even checked to see where an outbreak could be. Do I feel I should have to pay the Dyersburg hospital for their malpractice.....absolutely not. If God will help me, I will not go back to this ER again.

United States

#53 Feb 7, 2013
jscott wrote:
Doesnt dyer co have money in a fund that was put there when they sold the hospital for local people to use if they cant pay? Have they used that money up?
They split that money between the city and the county and they use the funds for new schools.
anon

Ripley, TN

#54 Feb 7, 2013
highlyblessed wrote:
<quoted text>
If you go to the hospital emergency room, it is not the responsibility of your personal physician to tell you what is wrong....it is the responsibility of the emergency room doctor. However, what good is it to go to the ER and be misdiagnosed? I went to the ER after sharp stabbing pains in my right side and back for more than a week. I didn't have to wait long, and upon going into a room the nurses came asked why I was there, took my BP, and said they were going to start an IV. I received no IV. They gave me a shot for pain, ordered blood work, and a CT scan. After the CT scan, the nurse came back, saw I was still in extreme pain and returned with another syringe of stronger pain medication. The nurse asked if I had ever had shingles and I said I had. The doctor then came in and told me I had shingles. I explained to him that I DID NOT HAVE SHINGLES. I explained that I knew what they were like, I had no adhesions, no break of skin anywhere on my body, and not even a reddened area where shingles were starting. Being the good doctor he was, he prescribed medication for shingles,(two bottles) and sent me home (which I still have). I finally got to see my FNP a few days later and was told I DID NOT HAVE THE SHINGLES, and to go to Jackson General. Got to Jackson General, waited only a few minutes in the ER before seeing a doctor, blood was taken, and another CT scan. Results: Kidney infection and three days in the hospital. Now tell me, how in the world did the Dyersburg doctor come up with shingles?(They must have been running a special on shingles.) They never even checked to see where an outbreak could be. Do I feel I should have to pay the Dyersburg hospital for their malpractice.....absolutely not. If God will help me, I will not go back to this ER again.
Another example of a hospital that needs to be shut down (or they'll be sued out of business)...
guess61

United States

#55 Feb 7, 2013
Spin down wrote:
If you pay $10 a month on a million dollar hosp bill, they cannot reject the payment. Even if you are expected to pay $500 a month on it & only send in $10 they HAVE to accept it. As long as you pay some amt EVERY month , there is nothing legally that can be done. If they do not accept your pmt, turn them in. Then they will owe you $ the hoapital also has a little thing called 'spin down'. A one time forgive the amt owed if it is proved you are in a true financial hardship. Good luck!
Do not let this sad ass wipe bother you, his wife must have left him , or boy
Toy got someone younger, it happens every day, so he takes it out
On here cause no one can see him and he needs to say these things to make make him feel better.
I feel sorry for boys , that cannot get even

Dyersburg, TN

#56 Feb 8, 2013
Their "collection agency" is owned by the same company. It's just people who are assigned to harass you until they get paid, report very quickly to your credit report, or you get sued.

Personally, I think you get great care there most of the time. It's the ones above the nurses and doctors that sit at desks all day that could definitely improve. I have had them turn me over for multiple bills that I do not owe.
Resident wrote:
Why does DRMC have the right to turn your unpaid bill over to a collection agency and ruin your credit ONLY because you are not able to pay the monthly amount they decide upon in the time frame they want it paid within? Their attitude is, "it's our way or the collection agency." They totally reject any payments you can make and tell you that if you do not pay the full balance within three months or agree to a very high monthly payment plan that you cannot afford, they will turn you over to collections. I have heard nothing but negative comments about this hospital for years and they are not improving their image by treating their former patients this way.

Dyersburg, TN

#57 Feb 8, 2013
They can legally report you to a credit agency even if you pay $1/month. I had arrangements to pay a $10,000 out of pocket medical bill and paid it off completely early even according to our original agreement, and still got reported. This was at a large, nice hospital in memphis.
guess61 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not let this sad ass wipe bother you, his wife must have left him , or boy
Toy got someone younger, it happens every day, so he takes it out
On here cause no one can see him and he needs to say these things to make make him feel better.
I feel sorry for boys , that cannot get even
anon

Ripley, TN

#58 Feb 8, 2013
They use some lawyer out of Memphis (Mendelson Attorney at Law). I had an 80-20 plan and the amount charged was so outrageous the 20% came to over $2,000 (just for a routine ER visit that required an IV and EKG). I left after 3 hours. I don't know much about the various nurses/doctors but I do know their charges are way out of line with the rest of the region.

Sioux City, IA

#59 Feb 9, 2013
patient wrote:
my fianc isa truck driver,e had lu a and was off 11 ays they gave us 10 days to pay 175 co pay but they settled for 140 that's bull shit they sop you as soo as ou getto the door and sk for the money.
damn learn how to spell!
Sickened

Sioux City, IA

#60 Feb 9, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Another example of a hospital that needs to be shut down (or they'll be sued out of business)...
Trust me when I say that suing them becomes impossible when they have nurses who will lie for them.
never again

Stanton, TN

#61 Feb 9, 2013
Notice how few patients you see in that hospital now compared to years before. Seems like everyone has learned the hard way to seek affordable health care elsewhere. Don't let the full parking lot fool you. All the employees are taking up the spaces, that's why patients and their families have to park down the road and walk to the ER. It's a shame that this community would tolerate such outrageous charges from this hospital but they do. Maybe they will overcharge themselves out of business one day because I don't know of one person that would ever go there again. They charge outrageously higher prices for the same treatment at any other hospital, refuses to work with you on a reasonable amount you can pay every month and they have a horrible reputation among their peers across this state.

South Sioux City, NE

#62 Feb 11, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text> They split that money between the city and the county and they use the funds for new schools.
No they dont where have you been? They go up on our taxes for new schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wild West steak house 11 min MY OPINION 47
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 1 hr Izzy-_- 4,852
Wreck on great river road 1 hr Izzy-_- 33
Worry for My Neighbors Dog 1 hr The Sophisticate 3
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 2 hr Say watt 10,799
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 2 hr Queue 106,294
Tracy ware 2 hr Minny 3
Chimes for charity 8 hr guest 28

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web