Dyersburg Hospital UNFAIR to patients
hello

United States

#22 Feb 4, 2013
Obviously someone has never had a serious health problem. Or the bills afterward. Ins co has to get their money. The hospitals labs etc n drs. I know of people who have had to drop ins because they cannot afford it.
If people don't realize what Is goin on with the government soon we all are gonna be in worse shape.
And worse times coming! Taking almost half of paycheck!
Food prices goin sky high. Gas will too.
Can't afford medicine.
sam

United States

#23 Feb 4, 2013
never go back wrote:
I was admitted to the hospital last year with chest pains. I have a very very good paying job plus I have insurance at my husbands work and a second insurance from my work. The ER was fantastic but when they admitted me to my room it was a different story. As I was going into the room it looked as if it hadn't been cleaned. my bed was turned down as if someone had been sleeping it in. the side table still had a glass straw and pitcher of water. And they kept telling my husband that everything was cleaned. Also, I was in there for 3 days and not one time did they bring me anything to eat (I wasn't on any restricted diet). The lady that was next to me was crying the day I was admitted because she hadn't had anything to eat either. My husband asked about her and when they fianlly brought supper she settled down and took a nap. On the day that I was relested the dr came in about 10 am and released me. I continue to wait for the nurse to take out my IV and heart mointer. I knew that shift change was at 7 so about 6:30 I had already changed ready for home. I went to the nurse station and said could you please take this out of my arm so that I can go home I was dismissed at 10 this morning. Her reply was Im sorry we thought you was aready gone and we forgot about you. Go figure sad very sad. I hope I never have to go back.
when I was released I also waited three hrs for them to cm take the needle out. I went to nurse station too. Said they had an emergency but didn't look like it. All were sitting at their desks.
Now r u saying u weren't fed? While in the hospital no food? As many bad stuff said about tht hospital I can't believe that. Hell did u ask someone? If I wasn't being fed I'd b screaming to someone about it.
The cleanliness factor. I agree there. Rooms r not cleaned. There were blood drops on floor n the whole time I was there no one mopped cleaned or even changed the bed. Yep could b cleaner.

Sioux City, IA

#24 Feb 4, 2013
never go back wrote:
I was admitted to the hospital last year with chest pains. I have a very very good paying job plus I have insurance at my husbands work and a second insurance from my work. The ER was fantastic but when they admitted me to my room it was a different story. As I was going into the room it looked as if it hadn't been cleaned. my bed was turned down as if someone had been sleeping it in. the side table still had a glass straw and pitcher of water. And they kept telling my husband that everything was cleaned. Also, I was in there for 3 days and not one time did they bring me anything to eat (I wasn't on any restricted diet). The lady that was next to me was crying the day I was admitted because she hadn't had anything to eat either. My husband asked about her and when they fianlly brought supper she settled down and took a nap. On the day that I was relested the dr came in about 10 am and released me. I continue to wait for the nurse to take out my IV and heart mointer. I knew that shift change was at 7 so about 6:30 I had already changed ready for home. I went to the nurse station and said could you please take this out of my arm so that I can go home I was dismissed at 10 this morning. Her reply was Im sorry we thought you was aready gone and we forgot about you. Go figure sad very sad. I hope I never have to go back.
oh well thats life. sometimes death!

Jackson, TN

#26 Feb 4, 2013
Who Cares wrote:
Healthcare is accessible to all. Care was obviously provided, hence the bill. The problem here is people want something for nothing. Everyone in America feels entitled these days and thinks that everything is owed to them. If you don't like paying healthcare bills, then purchase insurance. That's what it's for, unexpected medical expenses.
Everyone should have to have health insurance just like car insurance.At some point in your life you will need a doctor and-or a hospitals services.Everyone does.People should shut up about the hospital wanting to get paid.They can not stay open if they provide free services.If they were to close,people would be bitching about them being gone.PAY YOUR BILLS PEOPLE!
screech

Lampasas, TX

#27 Feb 4, 2013
woodbury wrote:
you are just another pillhead wanting sympathy. well you get none from me azzhole get a job. you azzes go there 6 days a week seaking pills and they are tired of looking at your broke ass. if you can't afford to pay the bill get off the pill idiot.
spoken like a true flukin junkie know it all
anon

Ripley, TN

#28 Feb 4, 2013
Their prices are well above what other area hospitals charge. This comes from my own experience as well as other former patients. They will charge some outrageous amount and then expect you to pay what your insurance refuses to pay (b/c it exceeds the normal regional rates). They charged me more for an ER visit (not admitted) than a two day stay in another hospital. The only treatment I received was an IV and EKG. I was in and out in 3 hours and they charged me over $5,000 (with my insurance with BCBS).
anon

Ripley, TN

#29 Feb 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
good for you. did you pay your bill? od did we have to support you.
Take your dumbarse up there sometime and watch them screw you too. Your comments are beyond stupid. Everyone on here (except maybe one) has said they had insurance. The hospital charges way more than their insurance will pay. They then threaten to sue you and demanding you pay the remainder without even explaining why their bills are far in excess of other regional hospitals. Ask them for an itemized bill and all you get is some sheet of paper that tells you nothing about what they're screwing you for...
consumer

Lampasas, TX

#30 Feb 4, 2013
If they accept your insurance, then the hosp has a contractual agreement to accept a set amount (for each service) as payment from the insurance company. Charges above that should not be billed to the patient. If they are, notify your insurance company. (This may not apply to traditional insurance plans such as 80/20 but does apply to PPO, POS, HMO plans)

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#31 Feb 4, 2013
I can sympathize with anyone who is not able to afford and/or qualify for insurance. I had TnCare until Bredesen purged the rolls and took thousands off who could not get any other insurance. I had multiple health problems that declared me uninsurable and no company would accept me. Many of those who were allowed to stay on TnCare were selling the very pain meds they were getting that was paid for by the state. Some have been caught and many have not. Out of concern, I called an attorney and asked if those convicted of peddling their state funded pain killers were allowed to stay on TnCare. His answer, "yes". I asked why they weren't removed from TnCare and never be able to have its benefits again. He said if they qualified for TnCare they would continue to be covered. That made me sick. There are many who need coverage that are not able to get it and then we must supply dope heads and peddlers with the pills to sell. Something is wrong with this picture. I spent about 4 months appealing my case until they told me not to re-appeal again. The only ones being covered were/are children up to 18, girls/women who are pregnant, and those who have to go into the nursing home. I was to old to have children, and not bedridden to qualify for the nursing home.(Oh, and yes, I did pay a $300+ premium for the TNCare coverage I had. So I wasn't a freebie like many who were allowed to maintain coverage). For about 7 years, I had to live by faith and hope that nothing happened to me that would cause me to need to be hospitalized. In that period of time, I was hospitalized one time and was treated in the emergency room 3 times. Did I pay my bills? Only as I could. Thank goodness for Medicare. I finally made it.

Sioux City, IA

#32 Feb 5, 2013
I took my dad to ER a few months ago. The ER doc said he had pink eye. His eye continued to hurt, so 2 days later took him to eye doc. While doc was walking into room - he was looking at him and said u have shingles in the eye. R U sure, I asked. He said it is an easy diagnosia. Good news is there is medicine to help. Bad news is if I could have seen him 2 days ago, I could have saved him alot of suffering as the medicine will not help as much now.---- Dysbg hospital & ER doc charged $8000.00
for their sorry misdiagnosis.

Jackson, TN

#33 Feb 5, 2013
Guest wrote:
I took my dad to ER a few months ago. The ER doc said he had pink eye. His eye continued to hurt, so 2 days later took him to eye doc. While doc was walking into room - he was looking at him and said u have shingles in the eye. R U sure, I asked. He said it is an easy diagnosia. Good news is there is medicine to help. Bad news is if I could have seen him 2 days ago, I could have saved him alot of suffering as the medicine will not help as much now.---- Dysbg hospital & ER doc charged $8000.00
for their sorry misdiagnosis.
Why didn't you take him to the eye doctor in th first place?
Resident

Jackson, TN

#34 Feb 5, 2013
Again, to a few of the people that keep repeating the same inaccurate, ignorant and offensive posts, READ and COMPREHEND the point of this thread. No one has asked for free services because they do not have insurance or cannot pay their bill! If you cannot join in an adult based debate, then please move onto a subject you can understand.
iN THE KNOW

Nashville, TN

#35 Feb 5, 2013
nOT TRUE
guest 2 wrote:
They cannot turn anything over if you are paying. It does not have to be a certain amount, but as long as you sre paying something (even $2) they have to accept it.

Jackson, TN

#36 Feb 5, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Why didn't you take him to the eye doctor in th first place?
Another question still unanswered.
geehaw

United States

#37 Feb 5, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Another question still unanswered.
hmmm maybe it was Saturday or Sunday and the pain of shingles can be quite intense? Just an educated guess.
Guuest

Sioux City, IA

#38 Feb 5, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>Another question still unanswered.
first of all you have to have a Dr. appt. in order to see a Dr. and second they say shingles is pretty painful.. did that answer your question??<3

United States

#39 Feb 5, 2013
guest wrote:
pay your bills dumbass or do not use services you cant afford. die if you must.
This person is simply an idiot who does not care about this thread. He only is goading people and continues his small-minded comments because people keep responding to him. Please do not acknowledge him, and hopefully, he will crawl back under his rock. I hope you get your issues resolved. I, too, have had many issues with this hospital and agree whole-heartedly with you.
jscott

Dyersburg, TN

#40 Feb 5, 2013
Doesnt dyer co have money in a fund that was put there when they sold the hospital for local people to use if they cant pay? Have they used that money up?
patient

Sioux City, IA

#41 Feb 5, 2013
my fianc isa truck driver,e had lu a and was off 11 ays they gave us 10 days to pay 175 co pay but they settled for 140 that's bull shit they sop you as soo as ou getto the door and sk for the money.

South Sioux City, NE

#42 Feb 5, 2013
Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Even with primary and supplemental insurance that I am fortunate to have, the hospital still charges amounts that FAR EXCEEDS what the insurance companies agree to pay. They then bill the patient for all those extra expenses that SHOULD NOT BE charged at all. This should be illegal. This is a selfish, greedy facility with administration that lacks any compassion, empathy, or self-respect for that matter!!!!
That is for sure. In Tennessee you cannot get a supplement if you aare diabled on medicare til you are retirement age. And that 20% is a lot. Also I dont get a lot of the medical attention I need because of money. If I could buy a supplement I couldnt afford it I get less than 400.00 per month medicare. Now how can you live on that and get the medical needs you have?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chimes for charity 7 min Jeff 7
Trump needs to pay his taxes 57 min Tennman99 15
Block Everything Trump Attempts, Like GOP Did T... 2 hr big mac 6
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 4 hr Say watt 10,797
Thank you Jill Stein 4 hr Guest 4
Dear all protesters 6 hr Katie 2
We want them hanging chads counted 6 hr Truth hurts 15
Wild West steak house Wed Guest 41

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web