Dyersburg Hospital UNFAIR to patients

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Resident

Jackson, TN

#1 Feb 3, 2013
Why does DRMC have the right to turn your unpaid bill over to a collection agency and ruin your credit ONLY because you are not able to pay the monthly amount they decide upon in the time frame they want it paid within? Their attitude is, "it's our way or the collection agency." They totally reject any payments you can make and tell you that if you do not pay the full balance within three months or agree to a very high monthly payment plan that you cannot afford, they will turn you over to collections. I have heard nothing but negative comments about this hospital for years and they are not improving their image by treating their former patients this way.

Henry, TN

#2 Feb 3, 2013
They suck I would rather go to the animal hospitial, you would get better treatment.
house guest

Dyersburg, TN

#3 Feb 3, 2013
Resident wrote:
Why does DRMC have the right to turn your unpaid bill over to a collection agency and ruin your credit ONLY because you are not able to pay the monthly amount they decide upon in the time frame they want it paid within? Their attitude is, "it's our way or the collection agency." They totally reject any payments you can make and tell you that if you do not pay the full balance within three months or agree to a very high monthly payment plan that you cannot afford, they will turn you over to collections. I have heard nothing but negative comments about this hospital for years and they are not improving their image by treating their former patients this way.
HMMM.....this is America! You do have other choices. You can always go somewhere else!
guest 2

Killeen, TX

#5 Feb 3, 2013
They cannot turn anything over if you are paying. It does not have to be a certain amount, but as long as you sre paying something (even $2) they have to accept it.
curious

United States

#6 Feb 3, 2013
house guest wrote:
<quoted text>
HMMM.....this is America! You do have other choices. You can always go somewhere else!
if you are in an emergency situation and have to be transported by ambulance, you have NO choice.
curious

United States

#7 Feb 3, 2013
guest wrote:
pay your bills dumbass or do not use services you cant afford. die if you must.
healthcare should be accessible to all. Should you or a family member find yourself without insurance or in a "can't afford" situation one day, I bet that attitude won't be the same.
Resident

Jackson, TN

#8 Feb 3, 2013
house guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right and they are making sure that's exactly what people do...go somewhere else.
Resident

Jackson, TN

#9 Feb 3, 2013
guest wrote:
pay your bills dumbass or do not use services you cant afford. die if you must.
You obviously are incapable of reading and comprehending the point and your ignorant reply proves that.

Dyersburg, TN

#10 Feb 3, 2013
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously are incapable of reading and comprehending the point and your ignorant reply proves that.
the point is you want something for nothing and want everyone else to pay. if you do not like america leave. if you do not like the hospital dont go there. go to the grave.
just so ya know

United States

#11 Feb 3, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
the point is you want something for nothing and want everyone else to pay. if you do not like america leave. if you do not like the hospital dont go there. go to the grave.
unfortunately, you still miss the point. You are either a dense azzhole or an assuming azzhole. Either way...doesn't matter. Point is.....PERSON CANNOT AFFORD THE MONTHLY PAYMENT THE HOSPITAL IS REQUESTING, THEY NEED A LOWER MONTHLY PAYMENT. Comprehend? They aren't asking to NOT pay their bill, just to pay less at a time. It's like buying a car, do you buy a $75K vehicle with a $950 monthly note if your limit on a montly payment is $550? I payed on a $4000 hospital bill for 5 or so years,$25 to $50 dollars a month. When you acquire a hospital bill, it is an unexpected expense, I can budget up to a $100 a month payment. Maybe these people are asking this person to pay $300 or $400 month. Be honest, could you afford an unexpected expense like that in today's shitty economy? If so, then shut up and move along because you apparently don't fit in with us commoners.
Who Cares

Dallas, TX

#12 Feb 3, 2013
Healthcare is accessible to all. Care was obviously provided, hence the bill. The problem here is people want something for nothing. Everyone in America feels entitled these days and thinks that everything is owed to them. If you don't like paying healthcare bills, then purchase insurance. That's what it's for, unexpected medical expenses.
screech

United States

#13 Feb 3, 2013
People these days live in their own reality and haven't one clue about the reality of others. Lack of empathy will be the demise of the human race.
Thinker

Dyersburg, TN

#14 Feb 3, 2013
Who Cares wrote:
Healthcare is accessible to all. Care was obviously provided, hence the bill. The problem here is people want something for nothing. Everyone in America feels entitled these days and thinks that everything is owed to them. If you don't like paying healthcare bills, then purchase insurance. That's what it's for, unexpected medical expenses.
Even with primary and supplemental insurance that I am fortunate to have, the hospital still charges amounts that FAR EXCEEDS what the insurance companies agree to pay. They then bill the patient for all those extra expenses that SHOULD NOT BE charged at all. This should be illegal. This is a selfish, greedy facility with administration that lacks any compassion, empathy, or self-respect for that matter!!!!
Been there

Cabot, AR

#15 Feb 3, 2013
I recently was found unresponsive and had flatlined and rushed to hospital. My family comes in from out of town and was not given any info.they were out of their minds with worry! On a ventilator for 5 days and they wouldn't, let family know anything because I couldn't give hospital permission to speak to them....well how could I being unconscious and can't breathe? Ok the hospitaller releases me at 10:00 one morning but did I go home? No! Because they could'nt figure out what happened to me they call in Pathways and it took those so called professionals 3 days to figure out I didn't have mental issues! Now I am 63 years old.I draw $800 social security a month and pay $200 a month for my health insurance and can't work. That hospital expects me to pay $150 monthly! Just let me die next time if I can't make it to Jackson or Memphis! I hope me or any family or friends have to ever go there again.

Dyersburg, TN

#16 Feb 3, 2013
Been there wrote:
I recently was found unresponsive and had flatlined and rushed to hospital. My family comes in from out of town and was not given any info.they were out of their minds with worry! On a ventilator for 5 days and they wouldn't, let family know anything because I couldn't give hospital permission to speak to them....well how could I being unconscious and can't breathe? Ok the hospitaller releases me at 10:00 one morning but did I go home? No! Because they could'nt figure out what happened to me they call in Pathways and it took those so called professionals 3 days to figure out I didn't have mental issues! Now I am 63 years old.I draw $800 social security a month and pay $200 a month for my health insurance and can't work. That hospital expects me to pay $150 monthly! Just let me die next time if I can't make it to Jackson or Memphis! I hope me or any family or friends have to ever go there again.
good for you. did you pay your bill? od did we have to support you.
Spin down

Mckinney, TX

#17 Feb 3, 2013
If you pay $10 a month on a million dollar hosp bill, they cannot reject the payment. Even if you are expected to pay $500 a month on it & only send in $10 they HAVE to accept it. As long as you pay some amt EVERY month , there is nothing legally that can be done. If they do not accept your pmt, turn them in. Then they will owe you $ the hoapital also has a little thing called 'spin down'. A one time forgive the amt owed if it is proved you are in a true financial hardship. Good luck!
woodbury

Woodbury, TN

#18 Feb 4, 2013
you are just another pillhead wanting sympathy. well you get none from me azzhole get a job. you azzes go there 6 days a week seaking pills and they are tired of looking at your broke ass. if you can't afford to pay the bill get off the pill idiot.
Been there

Jackson, TN

#19 Feb 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
you or nobody else supports me! The will have to accept whatever I can manage to send them if it is only $10 a month and if they don't then they will just have to turn me over to collections and then go from there. By the way I am not on assistance from anyone.i may do without meds. Or groceries but I do my best to pay what I owe. Hope you never have a life changing events! Or health problems when you get older.

Dyersburg, TN

#20 Feb 4, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
What goes around comes around and I hope its happens to you.. maybe this person lost there job maybe it was due to a medical problem.. Your days coming..
never go back

Jackson, TN

#21 Feb 4, 2013
I was admitted to the hospital last year with chest pains. I have a very very good paying job plus I have insurance at my husbands work and a second insurance from my work. The ER was fantastic but when they admitted me to my room it was a different story. As I was going into the room it looked as if it hadn't been cleaned. my bed was turned down as if someone had been sleeping it in. the side table still had a glass straw and pitcher of water. And they kept telling my husband that everything was cleaned. Also, I was in there for 3 days and not one time did they bring me anything to eat (I wasn't on any restricted diet). The lady that was next to me was crying the day I was admitted because she hadn't had anything to eat either. My husband asked about her and when they fianlly brought supper she settled down and took a nap. On the day that I was relested the dr came in about 10 am and released me. I continue to wait for the nurse to take out my IV and heart mointer. I knew that shift change was at 7 so about 6:30 I had already changed ready for home. I went to the nurse station and said could you please take this out of my arm so that I can go home I was dismissed at 10 this morning. Her reply was Im sorry we thought you was aready gone and we forgot about you. Go figure sad very sad. I hope I never have to go back.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dope head tyler william ducan 8 min hunter 2
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 13 min Dawg 98,341
The truth regarding Danny Higgins and Beau the ... 23 min guest 38
what do men like long hair or boy short hair on... 30 min why not 35
Tammy Hipps 48 min guest 13
that dog and rape 1 hr Even Worse 4
deLeted ThreAds 2 hr Believer 47
family thief 16 hr You suck 6
what up with feds in town Fri nstagator 6

Dyersburg News, Events & Info