People steal in JC Penney

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
mo mo

Martin, TN

#2 Jan 30, 2009
yeah you can steal all you want in JC Penney. The thieves come in and go out with an arm full of all types of items! I think its spread all over town that you can just walk in and get what you want. LOOKS LIKE THIS COMPANY WOULD DO SOMETHING BEFORE WE LOSE ANOTHER STORE IN DYERSBURG!
hello

Idaho Falls, ID

#3 Jan 30, 2009
I worked in retail years ago. I think maybe she had to see them do it and leave the store with it. I did not work at JC Penney, but where I worked we had to witness the whole thing beginning to end. If someone told us and they were mistaken, we would lose our job if we embarrassed the customer. Very frustrating!
stealers

Martin, TN

#4 Jan 31, 2009
No I worked at Penneys and they tell you NOT to say anything to the shoplifters...You wouldnt believe the ppl that come in and load up. I heard their shrinkage is killing them this year, also they have no cameras or security...

Since: Jan 09

Parsons, KS

#6 Feb 2, 2009
Hell with them then. Why should I go in there to buy something when they will just let people walk in and steal? I will take my business elsewhere.
tattooed and pierced

Waterloo, Canada

#7 Mar 6, 2009
The reason why employees can't say anything is because an innocent man is now paralyzed from a severe beating given to him by trying to stop shoplifters. If you need something that bad to hurt people for it then you don't deserve to breathe.
abc

Jackson, TN

#8 Mar 6, 2009
i worked at Penney's back in 07'...we were told not to say anything to them..we were just told to call a code to whatever dept they were in.."we" aren't allowed to say anything but as soon as we witness or suspected someone of stealing the managers called the police...people came in a few times every week..i think i can remember one person getting caught at taco bell when they left the enitire time i worked there..but yeah the shrinkage was unbelievable..but ill be damned if i get hurt tryin to save some shit that aint mine..crazy folks out there..aint worth my life or a piece of clothing for that matter..
Sally

Martin, TN

#9 Mar 6, 2009
They only have 2-3 employees in the store at a time. People are walking out with stuff!!
Good Grief

AOL

#10 Mar 6, 2009
OMG - no wonder this town rots...I won't be shopping at JCPEnney anymore either...they can close all the mall stores for that matter because if it happens at Penneys, the other stores allow it to happen also. What is even sadder is that the children in this town have no sense of right and wrong. The next Mall Kids event might as well be about the proper way to shoplift from the stores in the mall - just in time for Easter...
Skye

Mountain View, CA

#11 Mar 6, 2009
Well now that everyone knows that it's easy to shoplift there, Im sure the problem will get even worse.
How Dumb

Ada, OK

#12 Mar 6, 2009
stealers wrote:
No I worked at Penneys and they tell you NOT to say anything to the shoplifters...You wouldnt believe the ppl that come in and load up. I heard their shrinkage is killing them this year, also they have no cameras or security...
Shit you just told everyone on here that Penneys have no security or camaras anyone can go in there and steal now. That was very stupid on your part to say that and you WORK THERE!!!
How Dumb

Ada, OK

#13 Mar 6, 2009
Skye wrote:
Well now that everyone knows that it's easy to shoplift there, Im sure the problem will get even worse.
REALLY! It was very stupid.
ddt

Parsons, KS

#14 Mar 7, 2009
Skye wrote:
AMEN
DDT

Parsons, KS

#15 Mar 7, 2009
I am setting here reading this and I can't believe what I'm seeing. While I understand that you can raise your children to the best of your ability and they will still do things wrong sometimes.It is every parents responsibility to teach there children not to steal. The morals of some children seem to be very strained. If we don't get control of things soon , you are right all stores in the mall will be closed and we will have no choice but to drive out of town to get anything we need. Not only will this be inconvient but will cost local people there jobs!!!
only me

Hendersonville, NC

#16 Mar 7, 2009
I saw two girls get cought Tuesday night shoplifting. Maybe they read how easy it was but they didn't get out of the store. Parents were called. I hope people understand that as parents we have got to do our part. Our children only do what they think they can get by with. Sometimes they do it to get our attention.
Hello

Idaho Falls, ID

#17 Mar 7, 2009
The really sad part is when I worked in retail a lot of times the parents have their children steal for them. It throws the employee off of course because who would think to watch an eight year old instead of the adult. SAD!!
atm1969

Dyersburg, TN

#18 Mar 10, 2009
I can tell you that I have witnessed JC Penney employees catching shoplifters and prosecuting them. Don't fool yourself. If you steal and get caught you will go to jail. They catch more than you think and they recongnize the regular shoplifters and watch them. You might get out several times stealing but your number will come up. All it takes is them catching you one time and they will sooner or later. Good luck in jail with a criminal record for the rest of your life. Anyway - you might get out of the store but I would hate to be you when you have to answer to God for stealing. Hell is extremely more unpleasant than jail.
shopgirl

Dyersburg, TN

#19 Mar 13, 2009
I know for a fact that they do have cameras. I know of 2 people they have caught and prosecuted and they used the film from the cameras to prosecute them. All I can say - if you steal you might get away with it but if they catch you they will call the police and have them carry you to jail.
proud pageant mommy

Hendersonville, NC

#20 Mar 13, 2009
Well when i read this thread i asked my friend about it who is an full time employee with JC Pennys and she told me that they actually just found out about this tread and they turned it into corprite. and that the CAMERAS DO work. so if ya read this and were tinking something stupid...please dont. there waiting and watching more closely now. honestly they should have been doing it in the first place! but they are told not to persue the shop lifters!
Mouser

Martin, TN

#21 Mar 30, 2009
I hear that they are only workin 2 employees at a time now in Jc Penneys..Whats happening to our mall??? Is it management??? I hear the rent is outrageous..
honestly

Somerville, TN

#22 Apr 1, 2009
Dyersburg Mall is going to Shit. A store leaves, nothing comes. I don't see it staying in business much longer. JcPenney would be smart to leave the Mall, and go into a shopping center like in Union City. Maybe hire a few Los Prevention workers full time. And By the way, Corprite~ you guys really need to look at more than numbers when it comes to trying to manage a store. You aren't there, you sit behind desks all day and shout out orders. Get with the Program people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is Great (Aug '14) 30 min guest 3,517
NWA Midsouth 45 min Jeremy 46
figure it out 55 min guest 222
Sheriff's office 1 hr Guest 58
Scottie pevahouse rape charges 2 hr Tim 10
To the FINE people of dyer co....... 3 hr Seriously 17
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 4 hr Hello 4,756
Thing one, and Thing Two 6 hr billybutbanginlat... 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance