Lenox child

Savannah, TN

#81 May 21, 2009
I was at Finley during the 90s. Several of the teachers you guys had were there when I was there. That school was pretty freaking great! I remember those pillow people....what about the donkey basketball games? Those were great fun! I'm probably about to give myself away but my all time favorite teacher was Mrs. Joy Willis! Anyone who was in my class will know who I am. I still see the Hazelwoods from time to time, Mrs. Hazelwood laughed once because I asked her if Mrs. Overton was ok because I never see them apart and she wasn't with them.:) Mr. Boone I think had a pet snake when we were in his grade. Gerald Box(RIP) who was in your class was actually a teacher when I was at Finley. Some of you guys may know my mom or my Aunt. Mom is A.S. and her younger sister is S.S. from Lenox. Mom graduated high school in I think 82 or 83
way back finley boy

Dyersburg, TN

#82 May 21, 2009
memories wrote:
i am trying to imagine who all of you are. i know like me, you don't wanna put your name because it will turn into a hatefest from others who are reading this. but yes i remember having a lot of fun at school there. i graduated 8th grade in 1990. i still remember our graduation and being in choir and having to sing some cheesy songs during it. i also had to read a speech. my mom taped the graduation and i watched it a few years ago. brought back some good memories. i still run into some people from finley occasionally. and off subject, i am trying to place mark lineberry. i hope he isnt who i am thinking of. i actually occasionally saw him where i work and just realized while i was reading this, that i haven't seen him in a couple years.... can someone help me out?
he passed away few years ago
Cougar Forever

United States

#83 May 21, 2009
The boys coaches went this way: Coach Freeman, then Finley finished out a year, then Agee, then Dycus, then Threat, then Agee (this is when boys and girls were coached by same person), then Littlejohn, then Box. It always made me feel good that the last Coach was himself a Cougar. Gerald was an example of someone who came from a tough beginning, then made a man of himself, I still miss him.
Lenox child

Savannah, TN

#84 May 21, 2009
Cougar Forever wrote:
The boys coaches went this way: Coach Freeman, then Finley finished out a year, then Agee, then Dycus, then Threat, then Agee (this is when boys and girls were coached by same person), then Littlejohn, then Box. It always made me feel good that the last Coach was himself a Cougar. Gerald was an example of someone who came from a tough beginning, then made a man of himself, I still miss him.
Yea he was a great teacher! My aunt went to school with him but I had him as a teacher. He was always a good man. I'm wondering if anyone knows did they ever dig up the time capsule we buried when I was in his history class. Any 90's cougars know?
blast from the past

Dyersburg, TN

#85 May 21, 2009
Lenox child wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea he was a great teacher! My aunt went to school with him but I had him as a teacher. He was always a good man. I'm wondering if anyone knows did they ever dig up the time capsule we buried when I was in his history class. Any 90's cougars know?
we buried a capsule in 1983 right outside what used to be mr boone's room. each of us 8th graders put something in it.
moved away

Dyersburg, TN

#86 May 21, 2009
blast from the past wrote:
looking for old friends that went to finley school in the late 70's early 80's. or even some old memories.
i moved away for awhile but i remember the whole gang.looking at an old annual. anyone know what happen with...jerry stafford,kim barham, james moser,tommy lineberry, tommy white,bracken chitwood,sandy seaton, peter patton,teresa hughes,deidra patterson,tracy wells,and jana kinsolving,eugene dycus?
finley raised

Dyersburg, TN

#87 May 21, 2009
jerry stafford still lives in lenox i think he works with his dad. james moser is working at ermco tommy lineberry is still in dyersburg is married and has 2 kids, tommy white and deidra patterson are married they 2 or 3 kids bracken chitwood i havent heard anything about him in a long time.teresa hughes im not sure her brother works at krogers, tracy wells in not sure about either but dawn is a physical therapist the other 2 havent heard nothing about them in a long time either.
quest

Dyersburg, TN

#88 May 21, 2009
Lenox child wrote:
I was at Finley during the 90s. Several of the teachers you guys had were there when I was there. That school was pretty freaking great! I remember those pillow people....what about the donkey basketball games? Those were great fun! I'm probably about to give myself away but my all time favorite teacher was Mrs. Joy Willis! Anyone who was in my class will know who I am. I still see the Hazelwoods from time to time, Mrs. Hazelwood laughed once because I asked her if Mrs. Overton was ok because I never see them apart and she wasn't with them.:) Mr. Boone I think had a pet snake when we were in his grade. Gerald Box(RIP) who was in your class was actually a teacher when I was at Finley. Some of you guys may know my mom or my Aunt. Mom is A.S. and her younger sister is S.S. from Lenox. Mom graduated high school in I think 82 or 83

yes i know who your mom is and I think I know who you are A.H. or C.H.my daughter L.H. went to school with A.H.
moved away

Dyersburg, TN

#89 May 21, 2009
finley raised wrote:
jerry stafford still lives in lenox i think he works with his dad. james moser is working at ermco tommy lineberry is still in dyersburg is married and has 2 kids, tommy white and deidra patterson are married they 2 or 3 kids bracken chitwood i havent heard anything about him in a long time.teresa hughes im not sure her brother works at krogers, tracy wells in not sure about either but dawn is a physical therapist the other 2 havent heard nothing about them in a long time either.
wow thanks for the info.so tommy and deidra married cool, always figured they would.i agree i waould love to have a reunion, that would be awsome.
Lenox child

Savannah, TN

#90 May 21, 2009
quest wrote:
<quoted text>
yes i know who your mom is and I think I know who you are A.H. or C.H.my daughter L.H. went to school with A.H.
Yeap this is C.H.
quest

Dyersburg, TN

#91 May 21, 2009
Lenox child wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeap this is C.H.
I knew I was right my daughter was a real good friend of your sister growing up and spent alot of time at your house. Now for the reuion someone who has some pull and know how get this thing going so we can see old friends.
finley raised

Dyersburg, TN

#92 May 21, 2009
surely we all work together we could get it done. we are the mighty mighty cougars we was always taught to suceed. the teachers taught us very well. does anyone think the new principal might allow us to do this i really dont see why we cant. it would be a blast the only thing is some of our good friends that has passed on want be there but i guess we could remember them during that time also. so anyone have any suggestions.
finley raised

Dyersburg, TN

#93 May 21, 2009
blast from the past wrote:
looking for old friends that went to finley school in the late 70's early 80's. or even some old memories.
did you ever think you would get this many hits in so short of a time.
finley raised

Dyersburg, TN

#94 May 21, 2009
hey does anyone know what happen to richard and randall hughes, oh lets not forget tony hughes i was richard and randall age. but i havent heard or seen them in years.
One of the reeds

Santa Barbara, CA

#95 May 21, 2009
finley raised wrote:
does anyone know what happen to the reed's , scotty sipes, tommy hughes,kevin thomas, william bumpus, and the akers. i havent seen none of them in awhile. is anyone on here that went to finley when they was in school i was a year behind lance campbell, keith patterson Rip,and a reunion would be nice if we had to have it all together. just to be able to walk the halls and remember the good ol days does anyone remember ms ruth newbill the library lady.
which reed's r u wondering about? We had like ten generations graduate from there. I graduated in 96 and my son is going to start there next yr.
finley raised

Dyersburg, TN

#96 May 21, 2009
lets see there was homer, tommy, jeff,david(bubba),beth, matthew am i forgotten any of them
finley raised

Dyersburg, TN

#97 May 21, 2009
oh i did forget one joey
memories

Dyersburg, TN

#98 May 22, 2009
ok... i want to see if there is anyone on here that i was in class with or was close to my age... i was class of 1990... same class as tammy lee, jeff lee, toya holder, tammy shannon, heather white, jason phillips, paul walton, greg junior... i still see a few of those people... wondering where everyone is now or if anyone else was in my class or close anyway...
Singledad

Dyersburg, TN

#99 May 22, 2009
memories wrote:
ok... i want to see if there is anyone on here that i was in class with or was close to my age... i was class of 1990... same class as tammy lee, jeff lee, toya holder, tammy shannon, heather white, jason phillips, paul walton, greg junior... i still see a few of those people... wondering where everyone is now or if anyone else was in my class or close anyway...
I was! lol. Actually, I'm one of the people you named.
finley

Jackson, TN

#100 May 22, 2009
memories wrote:
jason phillips has 3 kids now, havent seen paul walton in FOREVER, i would like to know what happened to greg junior too.. i know that jeff lee has a little girl cute as a button. and heather has 2 kids w/ matt :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is Great (Aug '14) 19 min Rally11 2,070
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 20 min Gin is in the House 100,740
Open Letter to Tony Agresta @ Alvino's 38 min guest 33
Sheriff Box wants his own 911 Center 54 min Guest 10
Life 1 hr eagles 51
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 1 hr jeff 8,868
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 1 hr Rally11 4,072
prostitution in dyersburg (Sep '11) 2 hr suckmydick 54

Flood Warning for Dyer County was issued at February 27 at 9:12PM CST

Dyersburg Dating