Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“I like to make people mad.”

Since: Jun 12

Winchestertonfieldville, IA

#1 Dec 18, 2012
My question is why weren't the parents notified? Had to find out from the state gazette.
anon

Jackson, TN

#2 Dec 18, 2012
I was notified. Maybe you were too busy on facebook and topix and gossiping to notice them calling

#3 Dec 18, 2012
DYERSBURG PAO? That was a question for you.
MF-er Jones

Dyersburg, TN

#4 Dec 18, 2012
anon wrote:
I was notified. Maybe you were too busy on facebook and topix and gossiping to notice them calling
We got a text but after they were taking schools off lock-down. We no longer have a land-line

#5 Dec 18, 2012
Yeah sure. The school has all my phone numbers. Cell, spouse cell, home phone, and work phone. No calls.
MF-er Jones

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Dec 18, 2012
Guest427 wrote:
Yeah sure. The school has all my phone numbers. Cell, spouse cell, home phone, and work phone. No calls.
our text was an alert set up through the state gazette. If a school is on lockdown they do not allow any kids to leave. I think it is best that they concentrate on the students rather than having to deal with upset parents.
Mad

Ripley, TN

#7 Dec 18, 2012
Probably just some punk wanting attention. Hope they catch him and lock his arse up! Our kids are already scared by the shooting in Sandy Hook!
mad

Dyersburg, TN

#8 Dec 18, 2012
All parents should get a call about a possible threat to their child's life!
missunderstood

Henry, TN

#9 Dec 18, 2012
I want to put my hands on one of the sick sad pieces of shit, Im sick of my child being threatened at school.
world gone crazy

Jackson, TN

#10 Dec 18, 2012
someone is a sicko...this is terrible...the timing couldnt be any worse....poor little kids.....i hope they catch who done it and there are serious consequences.....GOD HELP US!!!1
MF-er Jones

Dyersburg, TN

#11 Dec 18, 2012
Mad wrote:
Probably just some punk wanting attention. Hope they catch him and lock his arse up! Our kids are already scared by the shooting in Sandy Hook!
you may remember that the same thing happened last month...Nov. 18th....and so one has been caught. cell phones are too elusive...
anon

Ripley, TN

#12 Dec 18, 2012
Especially the prepaid types...It would take someone like the TBI or higher to catch these types.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

And Curtis

#13 Dec 18, 2012
Mad wrote:
They will be caught sooner or later.

“Justice to KSwift and Holly”

Since: Feb 12

And Curtis

#14 Dec 18, 2012
MF-er Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
you may remember that the same thing happened last month...Nov. 18th....and so one has been caught. cell phones are too elusive...
Could this be a ploy that Karen's killer or Curtis's killers prolonging the investigations? Are they trying to throw LE off?
INFO

Dyersburg, TN

#15 Dec 18, 2012
They released statements through the State Gazette and the Dyersburg Public Works Info Page. I agree, I want to know when something is going on that could involve my child but if they took the time to call every parent while they were dealing with the threat, then they wouldn't be doing their best job in keeping the kids safe. The schools were on lockdown which means nobody goes in and nobody comes out. What were you gonna do if they called? Go break in the school and try to snatch your kid up? That would have gotten you shot by DPD. Now, from what I've read and heard, TBI and FBI are now involved in tracing the number and finding this prick. I wish them the best of luck. Get this sicko off our streets and away from our children.
Great Job

Ripley, TN

#16 Dec 18, 2012
Thanks to Dyersburg Police, Fire, and Dyersburg Regional EMS and Dyersburg City Schools who did a great job this morning. Thank you for your professional response.

Also thanks to the City of Dyersburg for posting informaiton immediately on their Facebook page. As a parent, this informaiton gave me immediate comfort and I did not have to worry knowing that the situation was under control.
failuretocomply

Ridgely, TN

#17 Dec 18, 2012
Great Job wrote:
Thanks to Dyersburg Police, Fire, and Dyersburg Regional EMS and Dyersburg City Schools who did a great job this morning. Thank you for your professional response.
Also thanks to the City of Dyersburg for posting informaiton immediately on their Facebook page. As a parent, this informaiton gave me immediate comfort and I did not have to worry knowing that the situation was under control.
<<<<<state employee
John Doe

Sikeston, MO

#18 Dec 18, 2012
INFO wrote:
They released statements through the State Gazette and the Dyersburg Public Works Info Page. I agree, I want to know when something is going on that could involve my child but if they took the time to call every parent while they were dealing with the threat, then they wouldn't be doing their best job in keeping the kids safe. The schools were on lockdown which means nobody goes in and nobody comes out. What were you gonna do if they called? Go break in the school and try to snatch your kid up? That would have gotten you shot by DPD. Now, from what I've read and heard, TBI and FBI are now involved in tracing the number and finding this prick. I wish them the best of luck. Get this sicko off our streets and away from our children.
Isn't this what autodialers are made for?
Retard

Dyersburg, TN

#19 Dec 18, 2012
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I am pissed the school did not call me. Next time, quit worrying about protecting my children and searching school, and call me d a m n. it cause I don't give a dang about the kids I just wanna fcking know what is going on

After all, I am a retard.
INFO

Dyersburg, TN

#20 Dec 18, 2012
John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if the auto dial system was used, still, what would have happened? The parents still wouldn't have been able to pick up their children. LOCKDOWN means LOCKED DOWN. I for one am thankful that the school and faculty were more concerned with dealing with the threat at hand than calling all the parents and getting them worked into a hysterical frenzy, which would have led to mass amounts of parents coming to the school and getting upset when they were told they couldn't come in and get their children. They dealt with the issue, then notified the parents by public statement that it was handled. Instead of everyone on here bitching and complaining about how the info was released, you should be thankful that your precious children are alive and well. The school is doing the best they can do. If you don't like how things are run, home school your kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Question for Renters in Dyersburg 36 min Nikki 11
Dyersburg electric 40 min JuJu 15
Huge pot hole is fixed 48 min shhhhh 16
its not about a duck, dog, or a child 51 min DWBH Be Happy 70
God is Great (Aug '14) 58 min The Real Smarty 2,381
Hug pot hole in back of Arbys 1 hr The Real Smarty 31
Every true christian should be offended, in Dye... (Mar '09) 1 hr shhhhh 618
A Prayer Chain 4 Karen Swift 1 hr makes no sense 22
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 6 hr bno 101,003
state troopers 19 hr seriously 11