Melissa Crews of Cold Noses Warm Hear...

Melissa Crews of Cold Noses Warm Hearts Rescue?

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned dog lover

Poplar Bluff, MO

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Need any and all information anyone has on this lady... She is pulling 10-20 pit bulls from shelters every week and is supposedly adopting out 20-30 at a time and as a rescuer I know its almost impossible to adopt out 1-3per year much less dozens... She will not allow anyone at her state of the "art" facility and many are questioning her actions,rescue,state the dogs are kept in etc... we are looking for neighbors or whatever to the place she is keeping all these dogs.. surely someone knows something and wants to talk..
concerned dog lover

Poplar Bluff, MO

#2 Aug 21, 2012
we are worried about the state of health of the dogs..
LmaoWow

Abernathy, TX

#3 Aug 21, 2012
Really? U ppl are pathetic! She does not pull that many dogs...She hasn't taken in any for a month or so I know. Yea she's had her problems but hell who dont. Missy is a good person and loves all her animals and cares for them well...I know.
concerned dog lover

Poplar Bluff, MO

#4 Aug 21, 2012
shit I know of 2 she just pulled today in miami and is working on transport,a preggers dog in crockett plus another from there she pulled today and had supposedly took to the vet,and atleast 7 in the last week or so from jrc... I KNow so dont get me fuc** up like i dont know what the hell I am talking about... I just wanna know where the hell all these pit bulls are going?/ I am a pittie lover and am scared she is doing something nefarious with them.. This is nothing about her as a person..just about the dogs.. I have witnessed her saying herself that she has placed 20 in less than a weeks time.. Thats ALOT to place that fast.. especially shelter pits.. so obviously LmaoWow you dont know as much as you think...
concerned dog lover

Poplar Bluff, MO

#5 Aug 21, 2012
CORRECTION: she pulled 13 from the jackson rabies control in the last 2weeks 90% pit bull terrier or mixes breed pit bulls... She was supposed to have recieved another pit named suede last night along with 7 pomeranians but after refusing to let the person bringing the dogs to her house(which is fishy) they denied her the dogs... She had every excuse in the book not to let them come... Heck I rescue anyone is welcome at my house at anytime...
LmaoWow

Abernathy, TX

#6 Aug 21, 2012
concerned dog lover wrote:
CORRECTION: she pulled 13 from the jackson rabies control in the last 2weeks 90% pit bull terrier or mixes breed pit bulls... She was supposed to have recieved another pit named suede last night along with 7 pomeranians but after refusing to let the person bringing the dogs to her house(which is fishy) they denied her the dogs... She had every excuse in the book not to let them come... Heck I rescue anyone is welcome at my house at anytime...
. Last I heard she was stopping the rescuing. Sorry if I was mistaken. I do know that she loves all the animals she has and they are what helps her keep some sanity. She helped my husband and I with a rescue a few months ago and we donated some things to the rescue. If u have a problem with the way she is running things all u have to do is contact her. She's not hard to find at all. She would be more than glad to clear up any problem u have but topix is not the place to bring ur issues with someone else.
Anonymous

Maury City, TN

#7 Aug 21, 2012
someones gotta know where these dogs are going? Any of you adopt a dog from her?
concerned dog lover

Poplar Bluff, MO

#8 Aug 21, 2012
topix is a perfect place even though every once in a awhile you ask adn get bad info most ppl are honest because its anon...

and we have tried to talk to her and get different stories ALL the time
dog lover2

Sioux City, IA

#9 Aug 22, 2012
anyway for you to be contacted privately..I don't like dealing with topix, but someone told me to check out this thread...i might have some information

Mooresville, NC

#10 Aug 22, 2012

do you rescue pits

Sioux City, IA

#11 Aug 22, 2012
I can attest first hand that she is rescuing animals. I have an american bulldog from her rescue. Also, a friend of mine helped transport a couple of her dogs to be spayed and neutered in a town near Dyersburg. Before you make accusations, make sure your facts can be backed up.
Anonymous

Maury City, TN

#12 Aug 22, 2012
dog lover2 wrote:
anyway for you to be contacted privately..I don't like dealing with topix, but someone told me to check out this thread...i might have some information
Please email me at hippie_chick05@yahoo.com shes is try n to pull two dogs now!!! Please contact me
concerned dog lover

Poplar Bluff, MO

#13 Aug 22, 2012
actually yes I have a pit and pit mix here currently as well as several other large breed dogs
lovemypittys

Monroe, NC

#14 Aug 22, 2012
pittbull80 wrote:
<quoted text> Please email me at hippie_chick05@yahoo.com shes is try n to pull two dogs now!!! Please contact me
Yes both of you contact me at Tennessee_darlin2000@yahoo.com
I didn't post this but was asked to get the story all of her actions are being looked into .
Meeee

Palestine, TX

#15 Aug 22, 2012
Ask her or ask to see her policy. It is open to the public,since she is a rescue and gets public donations and help from goverenment funds for her services. Usually it is policy for animals that are known for breeding and fighting such as Pits.. to be spayed and neutered before being adopted, plus other things by the person doing the adopting has to be up to parto adopt from a rescue for a certain breed.

Just ask instead ofgettingon a site and maybe bashing her for her time and service.
concerned dog lover

Poplar Bluff, MO

#16 Aug 22, 2012
she has been asked and has refused admission to her facilities by any other person.. refuses to even post pictures beyond the dirt infested hell holes that she has shown prior.. questions have been asked of her and she is giving a run around as well as changing her story 100 times... whats sad is they are all changed within the same thread on fb and she cant even keep up with them... Ugh,,
Meeee

Palestine, TX

#17 Aug 22, 2012
We'll, then call the ASPCA and the Health Department and report her; Voice your concerns elsewhere . It wont do any good on this site just to sit and complain.

Be proactive instead of reactive. Goodluck!:)
dog lover2

Sioux City, IA

#18 Aug 23, 2012
will be out of town for the next couple of days, but I will get back with you both when I can.

United States

#19 Aug 23, 2012
I know for a fact she has NOT pulled that many from JRC in the last 2 weeks. I keep up with what goes in and out of there and where they are going and she hasn't pulled but 1 in a while.....now I don't kno abt the other accusations but what the information I have given you is FACT!
Nicole

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#20 Aug 23, 2012
guest wrote:
I can attest first hand that she is rescuing animals. I have an american bulldog from her rescue. Also, a friend of mine helped transport a couple of her dogs to be spayed and neutered in a town near Dyersburg. Before you make accusations, make sure your facts can be backed up.
They r backed up, have u seen her prison photos? She was in prison, her rescue is a condemned building n while she claims to adopt out 20-30 dogs a week after she takes money for pulling them, she has zero dogs in her possession. Have u been out to her home or rescue, i have n there r no dogs there. She is a fraud, shes taking money for dogs she doesnt have, n worse yet, no one knows where all the dogs she is supposed to have r going! Also people stuck up for Boggs too, if u dont know what im talking about google boggs mountain humane society in georgia....fox news first broke the story with their undercover investigation. Everyone thought he was great too N he was killing the dogs. I wouldnt be so quick to stand up for someone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State Gazette 16 min Pux 2
dchs 28 min guest 15
Bean mill rd 1 hr Big sigh 19
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 1 hr Chopperblades Redoux 11,536
Word game: keep a word, drop a word (Jun '14) 1 hr Chopperblades Redoux 366
Keep a word drop a word (Jun '14) 1 hr Chopperblades Redoux 1,579
word association (Feb '10) 1 hr Chopperblades Redoux 2,050
Box 2 hr Pux 155
Shootout at Park and Multi-County car chase 9 hr Xup 30

Dyersburg Jobs