United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Judged:

geeze topix is uploading slow today. Sorry for the 3 post and the link for the entire story is.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1117082.htm...
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Judged:

The article also said-

The lawsuit against Sells, filed June 16 in Dyer County Circuit Court, accuses Sells of having agreed in August 2002 to purchase a medical office building in Oklahoma City for $2,996,000 and failing to make any payments on the purchase.

The complaint also alleges fraud in that Sells never intended to pay the note.

It was originally filed in February in federal court in Memphis but was withdrawn for technical jurisdictional reasons and refiled in Dyer County.

FROM THE STATE GAZETTE-http://www.stategazett e.com/story/1117082.html
Hilarious

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

CONCERNED wrote:
The article also said-
The lawsuit against Sells, filed June 16 in Dyer County Circuit Court, accuses Sells of having agreed in August 2002 to purchase a medical office building in Oklahoma City for $2,996,000 and failing to make any payments on the purchase.
The complaint also alleges fraud in that Sells never intended to pay the note.
It was originally filed in February in federal court in Memphis but was withdrawn for technical jurisdictional reasons and refiled in Dyer County.
FROM THE STATE GAZETTE-http://www.stategazett e.com/story/1117082.html
And everybody knows the State Gazette is the best and most reliable source of information.
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Should Mcdonalds corp step in and take action?

Dyersburg businessman Frank Burnett is willing to testify in a lawsuit brought against him by Darrell Sells, but needs to be assured Sells won't harm him, his lawyer said Friday.
"Mr. Burnett is quite competent and willing to testify if he's not threatened," Burnett's attorney, Edward K. White III of Nashville, told Dyer County Chancellor J. Steven Stafford during a hearing, "but we need more assurance that there is some protection for him."
Burnett has thus far failed to appear for hearings in the case, White said, on orders from his doctor. He said Burnett is suffering depression and is fearful for his life because Sells has threatened him.
Darrell Sells, owner of McDonald's franchises in Dyersburg and elsewhere in West Tn and Mo
"When all the dust settles in this case money will be paid by Darrell Sells to Frank Burnett."
"Mr. Burnett is not able to participate in his defense," White said. "That is caused by Mr. Sells' death threats to Mr. Burnett."
White called Sells as a witness.
When asked by White if he had ever threatened to kill Burnett, Sells replied "Hell, no" and Stafford admonished him for cursing on the witness stand.
Sells admitted he had said he would "blow a hole in Frank Burnett's rear big enough to drive one of his trucks through," but said he and Burnett had met amicably after church about six weeks ago.
White next called as a witness Judith Kirkland, an employee of the business run by Burnett and Joslin.
She testified that in February or early March, Sells told her he was frustrated with not getting an accounting of the loan-package business from Burnett and had "said he could kill Frank Burnett."
"When I told him, he shouldn't say that, he said,'I will hurt him real bad,'" she testified.
Kirkland said Sells repeated the threat four to six weeks later, using the same words.
She said when she asked about the accounting Sells wanted she was told the information had been given to Sells' accountant.
Welch said knowledge of Sells' threats against him was the triggering incident for both Burnett's depression and post-traumatic disorder.
Under cross-examination by Young, Welch said Burnett's perception that he is in danger is no longer related to any current actual event or current threat.
"He asked me if I can tell him Mr. Sells is not a threat and when I told him I could neither tell him it was or wasn't, he became agitated," Welch said. "I'm treating a perceived threat to self."
White said the impact of Sells' threat on Burnett is real.
"The potential for an injurious impact on Frank Burnett and others is real," he said. "I think it is incumbent on the court to determine Mr. Sells' mental condition."
"Whether Mr. Sells is insane or not is not the basis for Mr. Burnett's disorder," Young argued. "It would not be proper for the court to order an evaluation."
from the state gazett-

what do you think
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Hilarious wrote:
<quoted text>
And everybody knows the State Gazette is the best and most reliable source of information.
The court transcript is available to the public
Sickof You

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Judged:

CONCERNED wrote:
geeze topix is uploading slow today. Sorry for the 3 post and the link for the entire story is.
You had to dig back 6 years to find that article? Crap, you definitely have 2 much time on your hands. I sure hope McD's Corp hurries up and sends you a few "freebies" and coupons, cause that's the most you gonna get out of all this. BTW, Bill Hiles who wrote the article has been retired and living out of state for years!

Burnett fears threat by Sells over loan accounting: Attorney
Wednesday, September 7, 2005
BILL HILES.
Hilarious

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

CONCERNED wrote:
<quoted text> The court transcript is available to the public
I'm not questioning the truth of this. I'm simply questioning the ability of the State Gazette and it's reporters to report anything. If the State Gazette were a legitimate newspaper, they would post a link to where we could find the transcript. I would like to see the transcript.
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Hilarious wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not questioning the truth of this. I'm simply questioning the ability of the State Gazette and it's reporters to report anything. If the State Gazette were a legitimate newspaper, they would post a link to where we could find the transcript. I would like to see the transcript.
THE TRANSCRIPT IS AVAILABLE AT THE courthouse.
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Sickof You wrote:
<quoted text>
You had to dig back 6 years to find that article? Crap, you definitely have 2 much time on your hands. I sure hope McD's Corp hurries up and sends you a few "freebies" and coupons, cause that's the most you gonna get out of all this. BTW, Bill Hiles who wrote the article has been retired and living out of state for years!
Burnett fears threat by Sells over loan accounting: Attorney
Wednesday, September 7, 2005
BILL HILES.
If your sick perhaps you should call your Dr.
Concerned for you

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

You are a pathetic piece of trash! I hope you are sruck down by some crippling disease for all the stupid stuff you are doing. You show on a daily basis just how pathetic you really are. Burnett is a crook and everyone knows it. Being scared of an elderly 5'5 tall man is funny! They both have money and you just picked Mr. Sells to try and get a dime! You sir are a disgrace to your parents
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Concerned for you wrote:
You are a pathetic piece of trash! I hope you are sruck down by some crippling disease for all the stupid stuff you are doing. You show on a daily basis just how pathetic you really are. Burnett is a crook and everyone knows it. Being scared of an elderly 5'5 tall man is funny! They both have money and you just picked Mr. Sells to try and get a dime! You sir are a disgrace to your parents
You defend his actions?
ummmmmmm

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Concerned for you wrote:
And Burnette is a dangerous man, for this person to be putting his name on here. This person better watch it!
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

ummmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>And Burnette is a dangerous man, for this person to be putting his name on here. This person better watch it!
I have posted details of a court case that is part of the freedom of information act. In addition I have only taken what was previously available and is still available from a news article.
So I doubt Mr Burnett would be offended, and this has very little to do with him anyway. I am referring to the death threats made by Mr Sells and the sworn testimony involved in the matter( Which is available to the public under the freedom of information act). Mr Burnett did the right thing and addressed the issue. I on the other hand also have recieved death threats concerning my experience.(i.e)
"I have important confidential information for you from
McDonald's headquarters I about the corporate assassination that
was planned."

plus several more..

So if anyone is upset (I promise you its me).. And I am sure Mr Burnett could understand my concerns just as I understood the concerns that he had that made their appearance in front of the judge. I continue to wonder why you still defend this man and his actions?
Wonderin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Could you post a link to the final ruling in the case between Sells and Burnett? Im curious to see the ending on that case.
CONCERNED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Wonderin wrote:
Could you post a link to the final ruling in the case between Sells and Burnett? Im curious to see the ending on that case.
Its available at the courthouse in Dyer county
Funny

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

I would hate to know that I was such a loser that I let someone consume as much of my time as you have allowed Sells to do to you! Pathetic!!
ummmmmmm

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

I agree pathetic!

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

ummmmmmm wrote:
I agree pathetic!
So gentleman let me see if I got this straight. The person calling customers honkey is in the right, and the person who is offended by the remarks is in the wrong. And the person who threatens to kill someone is in the right and the one who opposes it is wrong.
What is wrong you 2. You defend the guilty and the wrong doer and oppose anyone who stands for whats right. Do you have well water or something?
CONCERNED

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

By the jury of public opinion and the results of this poll. It would seem that the majority (almost 70%) do not agree with the actions of Mr Sells and his death threats to others. Of course the topix trolls would have everyone believe differently. BUt these are people that seem to be lost and not know the difference between good or bad, right or wrong or good verses evil. Shame on you who still defend this man even though you know its the wrong thing to do.
Funny

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

You have started how many thread? And who is the troll? Once again PATHETIC

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

152 Users are viewing the Dyersburg Forum right now

Search the Dyersburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 5 min always pondering 96,822
Chris Young as commissioner chairman-full-time job 6 min Guest 12
the dyersburg pain management 8 min Kim R 5
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 13 min Irving 141,210
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 25 min impulses 3,505
Edward Copeland, JR 25 min lookitup 5
danny sawyers 35 min Senior 1
What makes people leave a church? 3 hr The Real Smarty 88
Brian Whitt busted with Meth 4 hr lmfao 38
Barbque cookoff 6 hr Codeblu 25
Escapee from Dyer County Jail 7 hr guest 99
•••
•••
•••

Dyersburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dyersburg