Softball tournment
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Dyersburg, TN

#1 Jun 25, 2013
To hold a Dixie girls softball tournment, you would think the league would make sure you had certified umps and not just a good ole boy or girl to ump. They should be dress as umpires and carry their umpire card on them to be certified I was there this weekend and never say a ump with a Dixie girl ump patch on or dressed like one?But i guess this is dyersburg.

“cornfused ”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#2 Jun 25, 2013
no real umps? that is a bummer.

Sioux City, IA

#3 Jun 26, 2013
"never say a ump". So I am guessing that your unhappiness is not necessarily with the umps, but with your team that did not win. Instead of complaining why don't you get certified and offer your help. It is easy to sit in the stands and whine; tougher to be part of the work.
really

Rowlett, TX

#5 Jun 26, 2013
U must not been at the dixie field then cause every ump.that was there is certified and one that was dressed in street clothes that game is certified just had fill in for someone that has medical issuse

“Made you look!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#6 Jun 26, 2013
Many umoires take a reduced fee for these tournaments and some even donate it back or charge nothing at all...been there/done that. I agree; get certified yourself!!

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#7 Jun 26, 2013
oops...umpires!

Dyersburg, TN

#8 Jun 26, 2013
If you are going to ump a tournent game, you need to be dresses as a ump. this person on the big field has been there over 10 years and still wears the same style clothes as when i was coaching a local team and wont call him by his name but he is a sorry ass and should at least get a eye test if he is certifierd. He is either dumb or dont know the rules or blind, take your pick?

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#9 Jun 27, 2013
Let's see? Since "dumb" actually refers to a person who can not speak, how does this umpire call balls/strikes/out/safe? Nitpicking I know.

Sioux City, IA

#11 Jun 27, 2013
Just curious. How does one "dresses as a ump at a tournent game"? Maybe an "eye test" is in order for guest. The tournament is over; get over your team's loss. Maybe they will do better next year.

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Jun 27, 2013
for your in formation, just passed an eye test for dr cape a few days ago. I had friends to come up and ask me if this was the best umps that dyersburg could get.what could i say?of all the tourment games i have watched this is first time you had to buy a ticket and it wasnt good that night and you had to buy another one I just wished we could do better when we have visitors to come in.

Sioux City, IA

#13 Jun 28, 2013
My goodness. Seems as if guest is getting upset. Maybe after passing your "eye test" you should have purchased a dictionary. You certainly need one. By the way, all legitimate tournaments (notice the correct spelling - not "tourment") charge for admittance to all games. I think the visitors were fine; you seem to be the only one who can't face your losses.

“Made you look!”

Location hidden

#14 Jun 28, 2013
guest wrote:
for your in formation, just passed an eye test for dr cape a few days ago. I had friends to come up and ask me if this was the best umps that dyersburg could get.what could i say?of all the tourment games i have watched this is first time you had to buy a ticket and it wasnt good that night and you had to buy another one I just wished we could do better when we have visitors to come in.
Now that we know you are capable of seeing, please register with DYS and become a highly proficient umpire. if not, just TFU!

Dyersburg, TN

#15 Jun 28, 2013
looks like a lot of people has a brain about the size of a peanut.If i got out there to ump a game you can beat your sweet ass , i would look like a ump should, has any of you attended any games out of town where Dixie Youth play and see how they are dressed? He looks like a dumb ass that was pulled out of the stands to ump.

Sioux City, IA

#16 Jun 28, 2013
guest wrote:
looks like a lot of people has a brain about the size of a peanut.If i got out there to ump a game you can beat your sweet ass , i would look like a ump should, has any of you attended any games out of town where Dixie Youth play and see how they are dressed? He looks like a dumb ass that was pulled out of the stands to ump.
WTF does what he/she was wearing have to do wth umping a game. Get a fkn life. They're youth games.
Seriously

Orange, TX

#17 Jun 28, 2013
Sounds to me like a serious case of your team lost. The umpires were qualified and certified, was every call perfect, no, but name me one game of any kind where the officiating is perfect. The officials looked and acted professional. I attended all 5 nights of the tournament and you only had to pay for 1 ticket each day, if you left and came back all you had to do was show the ticket to re-enter. Just so you know, Dixie governs the event, not Dyersburg, so stop whining and next year just stay home. As for playing Cal Ripken softball in Newbern, it's a joke, and the guy over it is disgusting. No comparison.

Dyersburg, TN

#18 Jun 29, 2013
Well the first thing you said was wrong for they charged $5.00 for the green ticket for the day games and when you came back that night it was $5.00 again with a red tickets.Next night it was the same, another $5.00.We were out there to watch some softball We like a well played game but when you get some dummy out here trying to ump and not being in umpire uniforms and making the called he did to make this certain team to lose.I have known him umpiring for over 30 years and he still cant see or give the calls to who he wants to.As far as spelling, thought i had m y spelling checker on.
Mr_ B

Henderson, TN

#19 Jun 29, 2013
I have seen a lot of parents ruin their kids. Chill out and enjoy your kids playing. It ain't the end of the world if your kid isn't glorified. Let em play and quit brainwashing them to fulfill your dreams.

Sioux City, IA

#20 Jun 30, 2013
Once again: get certified and offer to help ump or get on the list of certified umps. Then say yes when you are called on to work/help. When you call a less than perfect game, man up...

Dyersburg, TN

#21 Jun 30, 2013
The man that is over the umps in nwtn has asked me a few times to take the test and start umpiring but i dont need the job for i go to a lot of different parks to watch certain games.If any of you go to the State playoff games, please notice how the umps are dressed and acts. Hope everyone has a won derful 4th of July. tks
catcat

Belzoni, MS

#22 Jul 1, 2013
guest wrote:
Well the first thing you said was wrong for they charged $5.00 for the green ticket for the day games and when you came back that night it was $5.00 again with a red tickets.Next night it was the same, another $5.00.We were out there to watch some softball We like a well played game but when you get some dummy out here trying to ump and not being in umpire uniforms and making the called he did to make this certain team to lose.I have known him umpiring for over 30 years and he still cant see or give the calls to who he wants to.As far as spelling, thought i had m y spelling checker on.
I went to times one time at 4:00pm and the next night 5:00pm. I left both nights and came back a little later and did not have to pay for another ticket. But had to show I had already paid. So not sure why you had to pay again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lol 2 hr smh 9
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 5 hr anon 106,042
Woodlawn street drug house 5 hr Old friend 22
dyersburg McDonalds 10 hr joe 6
Jobs,,, 10 hr DAVID WILBANKS 3
Mill town-house for sale. 10 hr Guest 2
If Mexicans are going to live here...learn the ... (Mar '12) 11 hr mooted 19
Loves Truck Stop/Travel Center (Mar '15) 12 hr edwin in drag 79
Newbern Roellen Rd wreck 20 hr Guest 9

Dyersburg Jobs