MaryBeth Cox - Tattoo Removal

MaryBeth Cox - Tattoo Removal

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

UnhappyPatient

Ada, OK

#1 Apr 23, 2009
I'm writing to see if anyone around the area may have a similar situation as mine, I know there are a few out there.
I paid MaryBeth Cox of the Acne clinic on Van Drive, in Jackson TN. a large sum of money up front to remove a tattoo. The whole removal program was very unorganized, they did such things that someone who was a professional would have known not to do. I had many ineffective treatments due to poor decision making.
To make a very long story short, in the end she quit in the middle of many people's treatment because in her very own words, she could not afford to pay the guy from Ohio 1400.00 every month to come and treat her clients because most of them were already prepaid and she did not have enough coming that just paid by the visit. She entered a business deal which in the end did not work out the way she expected so she just quit.
What I want to know is who were some of the other people that may have found themselves in the same situation with her, or maybe some of you know someone that is.
What she did was wrong and she should not be allowed to get away with that!
Ummm

Lexington, TN

#2 Apr 23, 2009
UnhappyPatient wrote:
I'm writing to see if anyone around the area may have a similar situation as mine, I know there are a few out there.
I paid MaryBeth Cox of the Acne clinic on Van Drive, in Jackson TN. a large sum of money up front to remove a tattoo. The whole removal program was very unorganized, they did such things that someone who was a professional would have known not to do. I had many ineffective treatments due to poor decision making.
To make a very long story short, in the end she quit in the middle of many people's treatment because in her very own words, she could not afford to pay the guy from Ohio 1400.00 every month to come and treat her clients because most of them were already prepaid and she did not have enough coming that just paid by the visit. She entered a business deal which in the end did not work out the way she expected so she just quit.
What I want to know is who were some of the other people that may have found themselves in the same situation with her, or maybe some of you know someone that is.
What she did was wrong and she should not be allowed to get away with that!
Maybe you should hire a lawyer.
UnhappyPatient

Ada, OK

#3 Apr 23, 2009
I have already seen one, he wrote a couple letters to her for me, but it would not exactly be worth it for me to spend alot of money on a lawyer...but if several of us got together??
ME TOO

Idaho Falls, ID

#4 Apr 23, 2009
Yep, she did that to me too. Although, my situation is a little different. Dr Swetnam sent me over there when after 2 years of trying couldn't remove it. So, he paid for it. I have no idea how much money he gave her. I went maybe 3 times. I would probably only have to go 2 more to have it gone. Well, he moved to TX, she left me hanging for months. Last month I finally got some kind of answer.... told me Swetnam never paid them. What to do?
Messed with getting this tattoo off for since August 2006, maybe 2 more to go and now this. ARGHHH!
reallynow

Ada, OK

#5 Apr 23, 2009
just being nosy, but what's the tattoo you're trying to get removed? why do you want it removed?
UnhappyPatient

Ada, OK

#6 Apr 23, 2009
Intresting...so I take it you live around Dyersburg as well? Thats what she was supose to do for me, was to help pay another removal clinic in Germantown to finish up. Now I haven't been able to get her to anwser my phone calls for well over a month now! I have been working on mine since May 2007.
Have you talked to a lawyer? Don't supose it would do you much good since he moved off. She is probably lying about being paid.
I think it would be great if we could find one or two more people and go confront her.
ME TOO

Idaho Falls, ID

#7 Apr 23, 2009
Yes, I am in Dyersburg. My problem is I just don't know enough info to make an argument. I also doubt Swetnam would get involved. She told me about Germantown but didn't offer to pay. That is when she said Swetnam never paid her. Unless I talk to him I can't really confront her. She really got one on me.

I wonder how many of us there are.
UnhappyPatient

Ada, OK

#8 Apr 23, 2009
She told me back in January during a heated conversation over the phone that there was myself and at least 5 others when she was refering to not being able to afford to continue to treat us due to the slow down of new clients then went on to blame the whole thing on the economy...what a joke! guess I just going to have to suck this one up! However I did post the same discussion on the Jackson topic maybe someone will see it there. Do you get on here kind of regulary? just in case something were to come about!
ME TOO

Idaho Falls, ID

#9 Apr 23, 2009
Yes, I get on here a lot more than I should!! If you hear anything put it on here, I will do the same.

I will check out the Jackson thread too.

If this is how she treats her clients, she doesn't deserve new ones.
UnhappyPatient

Ada, OK

#10 Apr 23, 2009
Amen!
david bowies apprentice

Lindale, TX

#11 May 10, 2009
how do they remove them?
JoJo

New Orleans, LA

#12 May 10, 2009
Sue her in small claims court. Have a copy of what you paid her and you won't even need a lawyer to win a judgement.
hello

Sioux City, IA

#13 May 11, 2009
david bowies apprentice wrote:
how do they remove them?
Laser
Jacksons unhappy patient

Jackson, TN

#15 Sep 1, 2009
Hello all. Just found out useful information for you and others interested. Her frivilous actions are not limited to you or tattoo removal. She has been known to 'mal-treat' others both in the medical field as well as aesthetics. She obviously has an alcohol addiction, because she is now in the Madison County jail serving time for her 2nd DUI..... Ive seen other posts on the web that stated they smelled alcohol on her breath while they were being treated. THIS SHOULD BE REPORTED TO THE HEALTH BOARD!
Anyway, because I too had a similar problem as you all, I looked up all this public criminal information on her and found exactly what I just told you. Also if you search Mary Cox under arrest reports on the Jackson Sun website, you'll see the DUI arrest. Hopefully, God willing, this is a wake-up call for her and she'll receive the help she needs. In the mean-time I would discourage anyone from visiting her clinic, as I did for a spider bite (I later had to visit an MD because she didnt properly care for it).
Its my understanding a nurse practitioner has to have an MD sign off on everything they do?? I heard it was a Dr. Bush in Dyersburg (not sure). But he too needs to be notified. I would notify him if I lived in Dyersburg and knew who he was.
Hope this helps, I just hate for her to treat anyone else like she has us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
eiw 6 min Guest 1
Rob wood and Jennifer wood 52 min Guest 2
Karen Swift/ Phil Bivens 2 hr Hello 153
Kroger has mice infestation? 2 hr LetsGoKrogering 14
Help with Christmas 2 hr YourNoseIsGrowing 24
Not ONE (1) Mexican in court in Dyer County 3 hr Danno 8
Wispak 6 hr Looking 3

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance