What does anyone know about Companion...
Pawsinmypockets

Memphis, TN

#81 Jul 27, 2013
[QUOTE who="??????"]<quo ted text>
Are you stupid? Why would you put their address?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about the address, there are few street names on streets and GPS won't get you there. And Sherry and her daughter didn't even give us the right CITY to come to-- finding the place is a battle.
Do you really think?

Lexington, TN

#82 Jul 28, 2013
Pawsinmypockets wrote:
[QUOTE who="??????"]<quo ted text>
Are you stupid? Why would you put their address? "

Don't worry about the address, there are few street names on streets and GPS won't get you there. And Sherry and her daughter didn't even give us the right CITY to come to-- finding the place is a battle.
Actually, I do know where it is. It is most definitely not a puppy mill. The Farm I'd where the many, many, MANY pups and some adults that they cannot find fosters for. We won't discuss how many are actually IN foster care. If indeed you think they need pavement at their very newly renovated facility I am sure they would gladly accept your donation to that cause. Mistakes are made. Fosters are expected to bring the pups to a certain designation at a certain time. The paperwork is kept together for all that will be transported. If the foster misses the ride...the paperwork would naturally be on the transport vehicle. As for disclosing the whereabouts, you idiot, if too many people knew the whereabouts they would start dumping puppies there. One sick puppy getting dumped could cause so many others to get sick and potentially die. That loose dog lives there. She's supposed to be loose. That's HER farm. If you were scared, you are stupid or you didn't talk to the right person who would've informed you she wouldn't hurt you. And just like kids, dogs get dirty. There is only one rude person that works for them. That's probably who dealt with you. She's rude to smart people too. But then you wouldn't have to worry about that.
julie landmichael

Martin, TN

#83 Oct 4, 2013
hello wrote:
I think if you are unsure it would be best to really check them out. Call all the animal groups and the ones locally too. Hopefully someone has dealt w them and can give you more info. I would like to know myself. And yes, there are plenty of puppy mills around here so it is best to be sure. I commend you for this. Help those who can not help themselves!
they are a real good group ,they realy help ,me with many pups when i arrived in dresden tenn molly is a real nice lady,without them i don,t no what i was going to do with all those poor dogs and pups all over the streets, hope you give your pups to them
julie landmichael

Martin, TN

#84 Oct 4, 2013
don,t work with them anymore but they do so mch good for animals,to many animals group in tenn are bad,, but compagnion pets rescue are very good october4 2013
Justathought

Knoxville, TN

#85 Oct 15, 2013
I'm trying to understand why you're so upset. You had female
dog(s) you didn't get vetted/spayed. They reproduced, you couldn't care for the pups so you took them to a rescue group. Now your upset you can't get pics of your "favorite" of the litter? Why didn't you do the responsible thing and have your females spayed from the get go?
Linda

Springfield, NJ

#86 Mar 26, 2014
I paid 500 for a puppy to find out a few hours later she had kennel cough and when I brought her to the vet they said they have her distemper shot too soon so know she needed that and a rabies shot and heart worm meds... She is a great puppy but for the "adoption fee" they charge I shouldn't have to shell out hundreds of dollars more to get her well
Linda Hicks

Gulfport, MS

#87 Jun 5, 2014
My question is this: there are so many animals in need in Tennessee, why does CPR travel all over the South taking other people's "castoffs" or "leftovers" I think someone said, if they have so many they could save in Tennessee to send up North. Because that is what they do ... send the dogs up North. Just wondered if anyone knew anything about that.
Fishers mom

Queens Village, NY

#88 Jun 9, 2014
Linda wrote:
I paid 500 for a puppy to find out a few hours later she had kennel cough and when I brought her to the vet they said they have her distemper shot too soon so know she needed that and a rabies shot and heart worm meds... She is a great puppy but for the "adoption fee" they charge I shouldn't have to shell out hundreds of dollars more to get her well
If your vet charged you 100s of dollars for kennel cough , maybe you should look into getting a new vet -- kennel cough is so common. Did you attempt to contact CPR about the kennel cough ?
yes, shots have to get giving at a certain age , but may be giving early to prevent sicknees , do you have any idea how many shots a puppy has to get ?? believe me if you bought a dog , you would have spent at least $500.00 on vet care.
Fishers mom

Queens Village, NY

#89 Jun 9, 2014
Linda Hicks wrote:
My question is this: there are so many animals in need in Tennessee, why does CPR travel all over the South taking other people's "castoffs" or "leftovers" I think someone said, if they have so many they could save in Tennessee to send up North. Because that is what they do ... send the dogs up North. Just wondered if anyone knew anything about that.
I am not really sure I understand your question ,--
I know alot of the south states have very high kill shelters & they are overwhellemed with strays ---- alot of rescue groups get dogs from the south & bring them up north
I think they rescue on a case by case basis , depending upon the need , I guess thats how they chose what state they rescue from, but I do believe most of there dogs come from TN
but in my opinion what does it matter a rescued dog is a rescued dog ,,, its still a life saved no matter where it came from --
Unhappy

Taunton, MA

#90 Jun 17, 2014
Terrible.i would never do business with them again and I hope you all stay away. I got a puppy on Saturday. When I picked him up they said while in quarantine he picked up a common doggy cold and gave me pills that will cure him in a week. Well Saturday night (same day) and a trip to the er we found out it was pneumonia. It is now Tuesday the dog has been in the hospital since then on oxygen and iv will a bill racking up over 2000$ so far. Emailed CPR very defensive and said they will not help with any medical bills. It seems like they care about getting rid of the dogs more then the health and once they are out of their hands then whatever issues the pup may have are now yours. I would urge everyone to stAy away from this organization
ImSureYouAreUnha ppy

Sioux City, IA

#91 Jun 17, 2014
Over $2000 for four days of Oxygen and fluids???? Sounds like your vet is the one screwing you!
Unhappy

Boston, MA

#92 Jun 17, 2014
Unfortunately it was not a normal vet it was the er hospital for pets we didn't have time to pick out a vet because we had the dog only for several hours. The few places we did call were either closed until Monday or booked up for a few weeks if we waited and kept giving him the useless cold pills he would be dead
Unhappy

Boston, MA

#93 Jun 17, 2014
The money yea is a big deal more unhappy that we were told it was a common dog cold and would get better in a week and find out the same day it's pneumonia
Darcy Webb

Columbus, OH

#94 Jul 3, 2014
I think that it is really cool that they have pet transportation services. That sure does take a load off of a lot of people's shoulders. It will be good to remember when I decide to have pets.

http://www.flypets.com/
Fishers mom

Queens Village, NY

#95 Jul 4, 2014
Unhappy wrote:
Terrible.i would never do business with them again and I hope you all stay away. I got a puppy on Saturday. When I picked him up they said while in quarantine he picked up a common doggy cold and gave me pills that will cure him in a week. Well Saturday night (same day) and a trip to the er we found out it was pneumonia. It is now Tuesday the dog has been in the hospital since then on oxygen and iv will a bill racking up over 2000$ so far. Emailed CPR very defensive and said they will not help with any medical bills. It seems like they care about getting rid of the dogs more then the health and once they are out of their hands then whatever issues the pup may have are now yours. I would urge everyone to stAy away from this organization
I have worked at several different animal hospt.,$2000.00 seems like a bit much even for an Pet ER. I don't think CPR gave you the dog knowing it was pneumonia , their vet probably thought it was just a cold -- you should have contacted them first , you can't expect them to pay for your vet care , I am sure if you would have contacted them 1st they would have had vet care done at one of their vets -- If they didnt care about animals they wouldn't be doing wht they do --
???

Jackson, TN

#96 Jul 9, 2014
Unhappy wrote:
The money yea is a big deal more unhappy that we were told it was a common dog cold and would get better in a week and find out the same day it's pneumonia
If you adopted a child from an orphanage, would you expect the orphanage to pay the medical bills? Also, you can move the dog from the ER vet to a regular vet once one is open. They don't usually turn away a new client. Oxygen and IV fluids should not run you 2K even at an ER vet. They're ripping you a new one.
dogmama

Northampton, MA

#98 Sep 15, 2014
Mrs Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
This "rescue" can have so many puppies because SO MANY people toss their dogs out like garbage and let them reproduce like crazy- especially in the south. Go look up the humane societies in TN or GA and tell me how many puppies you find. This group is trying to do a good thing here by rescuing animals and fixing others for free and you people are just bashing it?
Of course some dogs might be sick- they were born from and grew up in *disgusting* houses/shelters. AND they do provide a "No questions asked" two week FULL REFUND and 30 DAYS FREE PET INSURANCE - Maybe you should go online and read their contract- everything is spelled out there. All dogs are quarantined for several weeks before being adopted out and FULLY treated for any problems that arise. Do you think you will get better from a pet store???
Grow up and do your research before you go around talking trash about people who devote their time, money, and effort to making a difference in this world. Thousands of dogs have been rescued/adopted out through them and on this site you see FIVE PEOPLE COMPLAINING.
I adopted my pup from CPR. She was only quarantined for two days.
Ctown

United States

#99 Sep 30, 2014
CPR is a great organization!!!... I my self have worked for the vet they used.... They r by far a puppy mill... Take excellent care of the dogs and have an extensive application for adoption... I know first hand the pups well being is most important to them...
maya

Manchester, CT

#100 May 15, 2015
I have been following many rescue groups in the CT area for months now & this group has A LOT of puppies compared to others. Maybe they just have more volunteers & can handle the higher volume & pull more puppies from families & shelters down south, but it is very noticeable that the number of puppies up for adoption by this group is huge compared to all the other rescue groups.
maya

Manchester, CT

#101 May 15, 2015
Meant to post this link to their available dogs:
http://www.adoptapet.com/animal-shelter-searc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Olivia Hendren 5 min batman 1
Chasity jones saying she pregnet with alvis tho... 19 min He sick 13
DCHS STD's 38 min MY2Cents 10
J. Dorse 38 min what a joke 4
Mobile patrol 40 min Guest 2
Food Stamp Fraud 1 hr Inquisitor 67
Reelfoot Family Walk-in 2 hr guest 15

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance