What does anyone know about Companion...

What does anyone know about Companion Pet Rescue & Transport of W. Tn., Inc?

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Aug 09

Sioux City, IA

#1 Jan 8, 2010
I just want to know if they are real and humane. My puppies are going to them in February. They said they will take all of the puppies to find them home and get vet care. They even offered to fix my momma dogs for free. A family member was concerned and thought it seemed too good to be true that they would fix my girls for free. I just want to know for sure that they are not a puppy mill or will fight my dogs.

It is the Companion Pet Rescue & Transport of W. Tn., Inc in Jackson or Bells. they have a facebook but I want to know someone who has actually dealt with them or has had their dog taken to them.
slick boy

Hendersonville, NC

#2 Jan 8, 2010
what kind of puppies do you have?

Sioux City, IA

#3 Jan 8, 2010
They are feist beagle mix. Both of my girl dogs got pregnant and had 12 puppies between both of them within a week of each other. I didn't even know that the other was in heat.

Sioux City, IA

#4 Jan 8, 2010
I haven't worked with this particular group, but I have worked with similar groups in another state. They get grants to help them spay animals for free. It's not too good to be true.

In many cities, if your dog or cat has a litter and they go to the pound, you are required by law to have that animal spayed or neutered so that it will not ever again contribute to pet overpopulation or you risk being fined by the city. Because many animals that are not fixed belong to individuals in financial strain, there are grants and organizations set up nationwide to help offset this.

Boston, MA

#5 Jan 10, 2010
I wouldn't adopt from them. They gave my friend a puppy that had medical issues and didn't tell her about them. After spending hundreds of dollars at the vet the company refused to refund their expenses at the vet and didn't give them the free pet insurance they claim to giv all puppies that are adopted through CPR.
hello

Newbern, TN

#6 Jan 10, 2010
I think if you are unsure it would be best to really check them out. Call all the animal groups and the ones locally too. Hopefully someone has dealt w them and can give you more info. I would like to know myself. And yes, there are plenty of puppy mills around here so it is best to be sure. I commend you for this. Help those who can not help themselves!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#7 Jan 10, 2010
hello wrote:
I commend you for this. Help those who can not help themselves!
I agree....you sound very caring hope it works out.
Curious

New Orleans, LA

#8 Jan 10, 2010
How would I go about getting in touch with this group? I have 3 dogs now, all of which I have rescued in the past year due to being homeless, abused, neglected, etc. I really want to get them fixed but with 3 it is very expensive. I can afford to take care of them but not so sure about getting all of them fixed. Would this organization help me to get them fixed?

Sioux City, IA

#9 Jan 10, 2010
I'm not sure if they could fix them or not. You would have to talk to them.

This is their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/#/pages/Jackson-TN/Co...

This is their website: http://www.tnpetrescue.com/
C J N

Jackson, TN

#10 Jan 23, 2010
This is a good orginazation.My niece has fostered for them for a long time with a lot of dogs and puppies of all age and sizes.Some were to the point where they would have otherwise been put down,but she nursed them back to health and they were found a good home.
anon

Newbern, TN

#11 Jan 24, 2010
There should be a vet in this town that would work w the humane society to do spaying and neutering at a considerably lower price.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#12 Jan 24, 2010
Looks like a good outfit. Looks like they foster all the rescued animals rather than placeing in a shelter which is better for the animal.
bloodbath

Elizabeth, NJ

#13 Jan 30, 2010
Johnson!!!!!
just another opinion

Avon, IN

#14 Jan 30, 2010
If you live in Gibson co and below a certain income Canine Couriers from Milan will help to get your dog spayed or neutered free or at a reduced rate. I believe they also have a facebook page.

Sioux City, IA

#15 Feb 6, 2010
C J N wrote:
This is a good orginazation.My niece has fostered for them for a long time with a lot of dogs and puppies of all age and sizes.Some were to the point where they would have otherwise been put down,but she nursed them back to health and they were found a good home.
I agree this is a good organization.

Memphis, TN

#16 Feb 17, 2010
i have dealt with companion pet rescue and i found them to be very unprofessional. they are hostile and judgmental towards other humane shelters without getting all the facts. they claim to pick up others "leftovers" when they have no idea just what goes on there. they've even called other shelters and literally screamed and threw fits without really explaining what their problem was. i'm not saying they're not a good shelter. maybe they do good, i wouldn't really know. maybe they take care of their animals, don't know and don't really care. what i do know is that i cannot stand the people that work there.

Sioux City, IA

#17 Feb 17, 2010
Try covingtonanimalrecscueeffort.com C.A.R.E Adopted a dog yesterday and they are great..may take your pups
wary

Smithfield, RI

#18 Sep 17, 2010
I am really wondering how this "rescue organization" could have SO many puppies, like 80-100 (many just 8 or 9 weeks old) all at once. This wreaks of a puppy mill to me. I would like to look into this organization and see where all these puppies are coming from, but I'm from RI. Any ideas from folks more local?? Thank you
what

Dyersburg, TN

#19 Sep 17, 2010
If you are from rhode island, why are you on here? I'm not trying to be ugly, I'm just honestly curious. Also, I think most of the dogs are kept in foster homes. But I'm not sure. I do know that I tried to rehome a dog or two (they were rescues)and they contacted me each time to tell me they would take them. Personally, if I wanted them to go to a rescue, I would've contacted them myself.
Barry

Southaven, MS

#20 Sep 17, 2010
Do you not have enough sense to have your dogs fixed to prevent this? Talk about irresponsible.
PelirrojaBonita wrote:
They are feist beagle mix. Both of my girl dogs got pregnant and had 12 puppies between both of them within a week of each other. I didn't even know that the other was in heat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GAS now cost folks an extra $98 a month, der go... 32 min REDS don t care 1
miss Obummer? TN farmers brace for financial im... 37 min REDS don t care 15
State Gazette 44 min REDS don t care 5
lets investigate Hillary Clinton, because wev... 48 min REDS don t care 1
dchs 1 hr Guest 18
Redneck Justice 1 hr Visitor 4
Bean mill rd 1 hr Pux sux 20
Box 5 hr Pux 155
Shootout at Park and Multi-County car chase 12 hr Xup 30

Dyersburg Jobs