Topix removed my post about Women in ...
anon

Ripley, TN

#21 Jan 24, 2013
Guardian Angel wrote:
Well anon: Maybe people should really do some research on how many of our enlisted Military women are being raped in the Middle East by people in their own units. American men who lack self control and want to put a woman in her place. Remember rape is about control, not sex. Many of the rapes never get reported cause these women fear retaliation from them. About what you tell the children about mommy if she becomes a prisoner of war...Well, I would say the same thing that has been said about the men who are rapped and captured...that they are a Hero and let's pray for their safe return home.
As for the comment about strength...well they have already said that if they can't pass the regiment that they wouldn't' t be allowed to complete. But, in time I believe, and with the training, things will be fine.
You just made my point for me! Women shouldn't be serving along side men in the armed services. On submarines the pregnancy rates have skyrocketed b/c of men & women in close quarters. And of course then the women get pulled from service for their pregnancy (which men can't get).

It's a stupid idea to have women in the front being shot at. This should have required Congressional input at the very least.
GuardianAngel

Palestine, TX

#22 Jan 24, 2013
Well, first of all anon, It is not a woman's fault that she has been raped by a man and really it should be he guy who goes home and get's booted. So, basically what I get from what you have said is,she shouldn't be out there with a bunch of guy's , because the guy's can't and shouldn't have to keep it in their pants and not rape a woman. I figured you would say that! I hope you do know that when these rapes happen,it is usually more than one person involved(man wise)So, it s more of an ambush.

If you can't at least act like you have a little morals ,I don't think you should even put on a uniform.

Scondly, it takes a woman and a man to get pregnant and now in the Military the men can get maternity leave with his wife( usually 30 days) and they can't be denied(this was implimented in the 1990's).It also takes tow to agree to have sex, whatever they are stationed on.

People have sex all the time and from what I hear it is very rampant in factories...should they close down too and bann women from working there...all because everybody is sleeping with everyone's husband and wife! LOL

But, it is okay,times are chaingig and it doesn't matter If you or other's ...like it or not. Have a good day
GuardianAngel

Palestine, TX

#23 Jan 24, 2013
And just to let you know anon: Women can not get out just because they are pregnant and have a child.

They to have 30 days and then it is back to work, unless they have leave on the books...which they can add what leave they have earned to it and take it along with it,but so can the father.

Like I said have a good day!:)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#24 Jan 24, 2013
Sometimes women are forced out of the service for other reasons too. Sometimes they just get to be, too big of a pain to keep around and can't stay out of trouble..... Don't they?

Hello Casper....
GuardianAngel

Palestine, TX

#25 Jan 24, 2013
Well, I am glad I did my service without any problems and got out with an honorable discharge. My command and others higher up ask me to stay and reenlist.:)

LOL
anon

Ripley, TN

#27 Jan 24, 2013
GuardianAngel wrote:
Well, first of all anon, It is not a woman's fault that she has been raped by a man and really it should be he guy who goes home and get's booted. So, basically what I get from what you have said is,she shouldn't be out there with a bunch of guy's , because the guy's can't and shouldn't have to keep it in their pants and not rape a woman. I figured you would say that! I hope you do know that when these rapes happen,it is usually more than one person involved(man wise)So, it s more of an ambush.
If you can't at least act like you have a little morals ,I don't think you should even put on a uniform.
Scondly, it takes a woman and a man to get pregnant and now in the Military the men can get maternity leave with his wife( usually 30 days) and they can't be denied(this was implimented in the 1990's).It also takes tow to agree to have sex, whatever they are stationed on.
People have sex all the time and from what I hear it is very rampant in factories...should they close down too and bann women from working there...all because everybody is sleeping with everyone's husband and wife! LOL
But, it is okay,times are chaingig and it doesn't matter If you or other's ...like it or not. Have a good day
Quit trying to play high & mighty. Anyone knows if you get men/women together in close quarters, especially for long periods of time, things are gonna happen. It takes both to Tango which is exactly why women shouldn't be on the front lines.

Women can serve in lots of important roles but anyone denies the basic differences between men & women is crazy. Our military is unique and we have defended this great country with a volunteer force, made up of men combat forces.

What is really irritating is how the Defense Secretary makes this move just as he is leaving his position. Congress should have been brought into the discussions but as usual Obama & his Chicago buddies think they know everything. Since Obama got re-elected he has set out a course of "my way or the highway". This issue wasn't discussed during the election campaign of course b/c they knew it would be a real negative.

He thinks he's a damn king and doesn't have to listen or consult anyone.
GuardianAngel

Palestine, TX

#28 Jan 24, 2013
I think your problem is with Obama,not me...nor do I have a problem with him, myself.

At this point, I really don't care...so, I think I will take my high and mighty a## on, because when it comes down to it...your opinion doesn't matter in the decision. It has been done.

High and mighty...signing OFF!LOL
anon

Ripley, TN

#29 Jan 24, 2013
GuardianAngel wrote:
I think your problem is with Obama,not me...nor do I have a problem with him, myself.
At this point, I really don't care...so, I think I will take my high and mighty a## on, because when it comes down to it...your opinion doesn't matter in the decision. It has been done.
High and mighty...signing OFF!LOL
My opinion counts for as much as yours Ms "High and Mighty".
High and Mighty

Palestine, TX

#30 Jan 24, 2013
You are the one that has a problem with it(not me) and I don't think they cared how you felt.

I am pretty sure they didn't call you, which means they don't care how you felt about it. Since, they have already implimented it.

<whisper>...They didn't care!
LOL
High and Mighty

Palestine, TX

#31 Jan 24, 2013
Goodnight Anon...have a good one. :)
anon

Ripley, TN

#32 Jan 24, 2013
Yes, I have a problem with it, along with at least 1/2 of the country. And to your point "they don't care" is exactly what I'm talking about. We have an Administration that doesn't give a damn about what people think.

George Bush was accused of much worse, even when he got Congressional approval (for the wars). Would-be Kings behave like Obama is...

You must be an Obama worshiper b/c you're buying his power grabs w/o a peep of protest. Good night. I'm tired of arguing...
High and Mighty

Palestine, TX

#33 Jan 24, 2013
I am not arguing, just staing the facts. And yes I am very happy with President Obama. He is the best since Clinton, Lincoln and FDR!

As for Bush, he was an idiot.We are still looking for those weapons of mass destruction, he claimed!lol

The decison was not a public decision. The reason we have sensible people to make those decisions, is so people like you, with your mentality, wont!

Now, Miss high and Mighty has offically left the building! It is all good,we just can agree to disagree and I am fine with that.

Nite Nite...Don't let the bed bug's bite ya! LOL
stolen valor

Martin, TN

#34 Jan 24, 2013
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
You just made my point for me! Women shouldn't be serving along side men in the armed services. On submarines the pregnancy rates have skyrocketed b/c of men & women in close quarters. And of course then the women get pulled from service for their pregnancy (which men can't get).
It's a stupid idea to have women in the front being shot at. This should have required Congressional input at the very least.

*psssst anon*

Ask her how many she laid up with and married in her service, and how many aborted kids she had to!...she's left A FEW things out!

(someone who knows her)
stolen valor

Martin, TN

#35 Jan 24, 2013
GuardianAngel wrote:
Well, I am glad I did my service without any problems and got out with an honorable discharge. My command and others higher up ask me to stay and reenlist.:)
LOL
BWAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

#36 Jan 24, 2013
When a sociopath wants you to believe that he or she honorable, he/she may tell you that they served in the military. When a sociopath wants you to believe he's a larger-than-life hero, he/she may tell you he was a black ops commando.
Ve**SE**.org, an organization that verified the backgrounds of Special Operations Forces personnel, exposed more than 35,000 phony Navy SEALS. This is truly amazing, because only 11,000 men actually graduated from the SEAL training program, and its predecessor, the Underwater Demolition Team, since 1947. In other words, there are three times as many wannabes as actual SEALs or Marines.
Despite stories of "covert missions" and "classified information," you can indeed verify whether or not someone served in the military. You can find out:

Dates of service
Rank
Marital status
Decorations and awards
Place of induction and separation
Duty assignments
Duty status (such as discharged or retired)
And more

Another organization, the POW Network, exposes people who exaggerate or fabricate American military credentials. The group posts wannabes' names, photos and details on The Fake Warriors Project. How many are there? Five thousand and counting.

Here's what you should remember:
True military veterans rarely talk about their experiences. If someone is trying to impress you with tales of heroism, there is a good chance he or she is lying. If you think you know someone who is lying about military service, report your suspicions to the Fake Warrior Project, administered by the POW Network. Just go to the organization's website and fill out a form.

<GFM lays printed form on desk....Touches pencil to his tongue.... Completes form>

Then prints this statement:
I have been in the dental field since i was 19, that was my job in the service, except for my last four yrs... then i was a field combat medic for the Marines.
i was assigned to out of 29 palmsMGCCAC ATTACHED TO 3rdBATALLION OUT OF Camp Pendleton, Ca! Anywhere my attachment went... I did!Even for Opps, night and day! For 4 yrs, i was in Iraq in 1998. So, dont know where you got that from, but hope it helps!

They put the information on their website, when they find someone is falsifying their records.

Don't let the bedbugs bite ya! LOL

Location hidden

#37 Jan 24, 2013
Official military records are stored at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Information about U.S. service personnel is available to the public under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Getting the information is not difficult. To make a request, all you have to do is download a form and mail or fax it in. Include a cover letter requesting the records under FOIA, and ask for all available releasable information. If the person was never in the military, you'll receive a reply telling you that the center has no record of him or her.
Guardian Angel

Palestine, TX

#38 Jan 25, 2013
That is right GFM, all that info is public information...you can look anyone. I have done alot of that on WWII vetrans.

Good thing I haven't lied.:)

“It's a great day for.......”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#39 Jan 25, 2013
Guest From Martin wrote:
Official military records are stored at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri. Information about U.S. service personnel is available to the public under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). Getting the information is not difficult. To make a request, all you have to do is download a form and mail or fax it in. Include a cover letter requesting the records under FOIA, and ask for all available releasable information. If the person was never in the military, you'll receive a reply telling you that the center has no record of him or her.
In reality, retiree records are now kept at HRC in Knox, not St. Louis.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#40 Jan 25, 2013
I'm twenty-two years old and I fully support opening combat roles to us. Women have already been fighting in the middle-east. Now it'll be official.

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#44 Jan 25, 2013
funny wrote:
That's great Jenny, draft age is 18 to 45. Great career for you. You may be in a good spot with you pro choice stance and all. Unreal wants a fox hole buddy. Match made in heaven!
If called up I'll go. What makes you think only men are Americans?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zach Heather Jones/Dyersburg most wanted!! 41 min Country gal 6
B & B market in Finley/Big Boy Junction (Jan '09) 1 hr Polka Dot 240
Hometown Urgent Care 1 hr Hucs 29
DCHS Principal 1 hr Breaker breaker 11
Fight at Abe's 3 hr guest 21
President for six months: 3 hr Really 2
Star Wars or Star Trek? 4 hr anon 4

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance