how is mfd making it without mike hop...

how is mfd making it without mike hopkins

Created by big d on Mar 30, 2009

29 votes

Click on an option to vote

done wrong

it needs mike

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
big d

Martin, TN

#1 Mar 30, 2009
they need mike
millsfield resident

Idaho Falls, ID

#2 Apr 1, 2009
needs mike or done wrong that is the same thing. It needs to be something asking are they doing better or worse big dana get your questions where it does not mean the same thing

Ada, OK

#3 Apr 1, 2009
what happened to him?
Concerned Resident

Idaho Falls, ID

#4 Apr 2, 2009
Mike was not re-elected as chief of the MFD. Everyone got tired of his and his wife's bad language! It was F this and GD that all the time. Other things went on too, but the guys in charge now, just don't want to sling mud. But if Mike keeps running his mouth, I am sure they will change their mind and reveal everything to the public.
anon

United States

#5 Apr 2, 2009
For starters, your poll options don't make ANY sense.
from millsfield too

Idaho Falls, ID

#6 Apr 2, 2009
no they dont make any sense. i agree with concerned things went down hill when he was chief. and mike is a good guy dont get me wrong but he got in way over his head and it was time for a change. and i as well have heard the bad mouth talk from his wife and not only nasty but talking about residents as well. That kind of thing just had to stop guess he wants to just drag it on and on. There are some things he might not want his community to find out about.
old timer

Ada, OK

#7 Apr 2, 2009
It makes sense if you look at it as a loaded poll, which it is. You either vote he was done wrong or they need him. A 3rd choice could have been all the above.
anon

United States

#8 Apr 2, 2009
Oh, well in that case no business, department, nor volunteer center needs one individual bad enough that it should not be able to function without one individual. I am sure that the department existed before him and will exist long after he's gone.

Change is inevitable in life. Change allows old to become new, bad to become good, good to become bad, and everything else. Improvement usually always happens eventually after change though. So.....sorry Mike, I am certain that you will find your niche in life somewhere else, just not there anymore.
old timer

Ada, OK

#9 Apr 2, 2009
He might volunteer to be a chaplain at the Old Sailors Home. They cuss alot.
Sally

United States

#10 Apr 2, 2009
old timer wrote:
He might volunteer to be a chaplain at the Old Sailors Home. They cuss alot.
Okay, this totally cracked me up!
a reader

Idaho Falls, ID

#11 Apr 2, 2009
it has been a year sice he was chief . this did not just happen so why is big d doing this? we had to listen to her run her mouth about millsfield enough when this happend . it was crazy and he goes around with a ball cap on that has a big x on it covering up the millsfield fire dept name. Now just how immature is that? the community does not need someone like that at all. it seems things are on the right path now and this needs to be left alone.

Since: Mar 09

dyersburg

#12 Apr 2, 2009
and why exactly are you bringing his wife into all this for, she didnt do anything to you
Bob

United States

#13 Apr 2, 2009
reallyconcerned09 wrote:
and why exactly are you bringing his wife into all this for, she didnt do anything to you
because women always do that for some reason.
from millsfield

Idaho Falls, ID

#14 Apr 3, 2009
reallyconcerned09 wrote:
because she was seen and heard bad mouthing all the residents of millsfield over this fire deparetment. you know people dont want hear that sort of thing get mad and talk all you want at home.
really concerned

Ada, OK

#15 Apr 3, 2009
well, i think mike and dana are both good people
resident

Idaho Falls, ID

#16 Apr 3, 2009
everyone should like everyone look what happened 3 years ago when the tornado came through here we lost a lot of dear friends you never know what tomorrow will bring. So mike, Dana or whoever the respectful thing to do is for you to get on here and ask for anyone leaving bad comments to stop. dont ya think? think aboutit this very department god forbid your home ever has a fire will be the one who jumps on those trucks to do there best to save you, your family and all things you cherrish. I hope you realize this.
WHO CARES

AOL

#17 Apr 3, 2009
the problem is dana is the one who brought him down. as far as millsfield fd they did the right thing by voting him out of the chief's spot or he was going to bankrupt the department. to all of his supporters you need to find out all of the truth not just what he tells you. i have found out a lot of things which i know to be the truth by just sitting at the store and some of it comes from his people( strange how some of the people you think is your friends are the ones that talk about after you leave the store hahah). everything from hopkins spending so much money on hidden cameras at the fire station to shopping sprees at sams and walmart to unaccounted money which was given to millsfield or to buy a sign. i have a friend who works for a print company and was told hopkins spent thousands of dollars of department money on hats and t-shirts( a hat or a t-shirt will not put out a fire or save a life). one thing i do know from being at the store is hopkins needs to learn how to take a bath and clean up not only the body but the mouth also. lord man take some pride in yourself, grow up and be a man or is someone else pulling your strings
not big d

Ada, OK

#18 Apr 4, 2009
millsfield resident wrote:
needs mike or done wrong that is the same thing. It needs to be something asking are they doing better or worse big dana get your questions where it does not mean the same thing
you need to know your facts before you post these things cause bjg D is not dana
Millsfield Friend

Bisbee, AZ

#19 Apr 5, 2009
Millsfield Fire Department is a volunteer organization, if you want to help the community, help when needed and keep all the whining and fussing to yourself. Several in the department just seem to want to keep a fuss going all the time. Why try to ruin someones name by making up things and writing them in the newspaper about the sirens when the person in charge of this has no access to the department funds. Why make up stuff that is not true.There are some people in this community who never are happy unless they are causing a fuss. This community organization does not need Mike and his wife because the department is not run by a couple it is run by the members as a group and the community. All this fussing makes the community look bad and why print an article in the newspaper when you can ask for a meeting and discuss nonsense stuff like this in private. Everyone that knows the guy who the article was written about, knows he has a very good reputation and has worked in the public for years and in no way would do anything wrong. Mike the next time you are unhappy try to discuss things in the department with the chief and committee members try to handle things as a department in a professional way.
SuzieQ

Martin, TN

#20 Apr 5, 2009
Where did the money go for those sirens?? What happened with that situation. And that poll makes no sense, its only 1 sided.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Forked Deer Electric Girl Fired 14 min paybackishell 10
City and County Government 26 min GetaClue 15
How much do Dyersburg lawyers earn? 1 hr who knows all 9
Huddle House refusing service to Mexicans 2 hr Mark 19
Democrats have lost it 2 hr Wild Bill 13
Dyersburg roads 2 hr TrollBuster 7
Is there a Muslim working at our Kroger? 3 hr DUH 26
Karen S. 14 hr Lind 134
Homewrecker 14 hr Common Sense 9

Dyersburg Jobs