guest68

Sioux City, IA

#21 Mar 25, 2013
Pepper_126 wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Pepper, so you don't beleive that there is EVER a reason to tell a lie? It really does depend on the reason. What about telling a lie to protect someone from physical harm? Let's say an ex husband comes to your house looking for his ex wife that he has beat on several times, and she has hid out at your house. He knocks on your door and ask you if she is there. Do you tell the truth and put your friend at risk?...It is even in the bible. The story of Rahab the harlot. She lied to the Cannanites about the Jewish spies hiding at her house. They would have been killed if she had of ratted them out. The bible calls her a "Hero of Faith" in the book of Hebrews. If someones life or limb is at risk, then it is ok to tell a lie and it is NOT a sin in the eyes of God.

Pepper_126

“I don't do red lipstick...”

Since: Sep 12

well maybe this one time...

#22 Mar 25, 2013
guest68 wrote:
<quoted text>Pepper, so you don't beleive that there is EVER a reason to tell a lie? It really does depend on the reason. What about telling a lie to protect someone from physical harm? Let's say an ex husband comes to your house looking for his ex wife that he has beat on several times, and she has hid out at your house. He knocks on your door and ask you if she is there. Do you tell the truth and put your friend at risk?...It is even in the bible. The story of Rahab the harlot. She lied to the Cannanites about the Jewish spies hiding at her house. They would have been killed if she had of ratted them out. The bible calls her a "Hero of Faith" in the book of Hebrews. If someones life or limb is at risk, then it is ok to tell a lie and it is NOT a sin in the eyes of God.
Donot bring the Bible to this. I am aware of right and wrong.
I said I would lie to avoid hurt feelings. I would lie to avoid pain but a lie is a lie and I do lie. You lie.

“Bread & Circuses”

Since: Feb 13

Feed my sheep.

#23 Mar 25, 2013
guest68 wrote:
<quoted text>Pepper, so you don't beleive that there is EVER a reason to tell a lie? It really does depend on the reason. What about telling a lie to protect someone from physical harm? Let's say an ex husband comes to your house looking for his ex wife that he has beat on several times, and she has hid out at your house. He knocks on your door and ask you if she is there. Do you tell the truth and put your friend at risk?...It is even in the bible. The story of Rahab the harlot. She lied to the Cannanites about the Jewish spies hiding at her house. They would have been killed if she had of ratted them out. The bible calls her a "Hero of Faith" in the book of Hebrews. If someones life or limb is at risk, then it is ok to tell a lie and it is NOT a sin in the eyes of God.
So you're saying the 10 commandments are more like general suggestions?

Pepper_126

#24 Mar 25, 2013
Garthok wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying the 10 commandments are more like general suggestions?
Hi babe. Good point.
guest68

Sioux City, IA

#25 Mar 25, 2013
Pepper_126 wrote:
<quoted text>
Donot bring the Bible to this. I am aware of right and wrong.
I said I would lie to avoid hurt feelings. I would lie to avoid pain but a lie is a lie and I do lie. You lie.
Ha ha. i knew THAT would offend you. Ok, leave the bible out of it. i just said that to demonstrate what the bible said about it. A lie is wrong whether you are a christian or not, BUT, there ARE times when it is necessary and the right thing to do. Yeah, we all lie. Anyone that says they have not, just told one. The first thing kids learn to do is lie. Hey, would you tell your best friend that their little baby is the uglist thing that you ever did see or say "Yeah she is cute" and then feel like it was wrong? It is still a lie but it is ok....
dude

Humboldt, TN

#26 Mar 25, 2013
Garthok wrote:
<quoted text>So you're saying the 10 commandments are more like general suggestions?
More like guidelines actually
Hell billy 1

Jackson, TN

#27 Mar 25, 2013
I am not a liar. No really I am not lying
whofarted

Sioux City, IA

#28 Mar 25, 2013
guest68 wrote:
The dumb bi*ch should mind & that wouldn't happen.
Underdog

Dyersburg, TN

#29 Mar 25, 2013
Yes u are !!! Don't Cry !!! lol.

Pepper_126

#30 Mar 25, 2013
guest68 wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha. i knew THAT would offend you. Ok, leave the bible out of it. i just said that to demonstrate what the bible said about it. A lie is wrong whether you are a christian or not, BUT, there ARE times when it is necessary and the right thing to do. Yeah, we all lie. Anyone that says they have not, just told one. The first thing kids learn to do is lie. Hey, would you tell your best friend that their little baby is the uglist thing that you ever did see or say "Yeah she is cute" and then feel like it was wrong? It is still a lie but it is ok....
I just read the first line. I don't read these books. Thought you knew.
The Bible says not to argue His Word.....

Pepper_126

#31 Mar 25, 2013
Pepper_126 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just read the first line. I don't read these books. Thought you knew.
The Bible says not to argue His Word.....
These books meaning long meaning long azz post.....
shoe

Sioux City, IA

#32 Mar 25, 2013
If it wasn't for lies we would have no government.
trust

United States

#33 Mar 25, 2013
It hurts to be lied to. It hurts even more when you really liked the person. It's almost unbearable when you love the person, because you don't even want to believe it. Catching someone in a lie rarely prevents more lies. A person lies most often because they feel the truth isn't good enough and a lie is needed. Catching them does not remove the need. Give them another chance, but decide in your mind how many more lies you will tolerate instead of just getting upset over and over again. Or just realize that they lie, and learn not to rely on or trust their wird anymore. ~ Doe Zantamata

Pepper_126

#34 Mar 25, 2013
My thing is that the truth is easier to remember.
Hell billy 1

Jackson, TN

#35 Mar 25, 2013
Pepper_126 wrote:
My thing is that the truth is easier to remember.
say the same thning enough times it becomes the truth. I have told myself I am not a man pleaser over and over that I am about to believ it myself.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#36 Mar 25, 2013
guest68 wrote:
<quoted text>Ha ha. i knew THAT would offend you. Ok, leave the bible out of it. i just said that to demonstrate what the bible said about it. A lie is wrong whether you are a christian or not, BUT, there ARE times when it is necessary and the right thing to do. Yeah, we all lie. Anyone that says they have not, just told one. The first thing kids learn to do is lie. Hey, would you tell your best friend that their little baby is the uglist thing that you ever did see or say "Yeah she is cute" and then feel like it was wrong? It is still a lie but it is ok....
When you see an ugly baby, you just say, "Oh how precious! Isn't (he/she)just THE sweetest little thing!" see, totally appropriate and no lie.

Pepper_126

#37 Mar 25, 2013
Hell billy 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
say the same thning enough times it becomes the truth. I have told myself I am not a man pleaser over and over that I am about to believ it myself.
*rolling eyes*
sweetlips

United States

#38 Mar 25, 2013
Couldn't have said it better @ lie lol
disillusioned

United States

#39 Mar 25, 2013
I was lied to recently, suspected it for months. When I finally decided to call a liar a liar, I didn't really feel better as I suspected getting it out in the open would. Woke up the next morning to Kenny Wayne Shepherd's "Lie to Me" blasting on the alarm clock radio. FML. I hate that person for causing me to distrust them.
Hell billy 1

Cedar Park, TX

#40 Mar 26, 2013
Pepper_126 wrote:
<quoted text>
*rolling eyes*
I loves to makes me some of my boyfriends eyes roll back in they head cause i is the ahiznite!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian Lindley 6 min Guest 2
Enjoy your tRUMP misery 14 min guest 6
Why is it so hard for a man to just stay FAITHFUL? (Jun '12) 1 hr Itsme 186
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 1 hr Say watt 11,001
Pub 78 3 hr Just Here To Help 2
oldbamma & clinton had Iranian advisors 3 hr Jeff 2
Is BGS properties a good one to rent from 4 hr Newzlife 10
Who was the BEST lover you ever had... 5 hr ricky 28
McDonald's out of Walmart 11 hr Mr Big Dick 10

Dyersburg Jobs