New Virus going around??

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stephanie

Jackson, TN

#1 Sep 23, 2010
one of my twin boys got a virus the other didnt. doc says its a virus going around with high temps 103-104 diarea throw up,and cramps i havent heard about this going around other then he only got the temp part =/ i just dont think this is what he has i know i am no doc but i know my baby, and i just dont think this is it. anybody else got/heard of this?
Dr Drew

Spain

#2 Sep 23, 2010
It's the gossip virus and 99% of West Tennessee is infected!
mom

United States

#3 Sep 23, 2010
Stephanie wrote:
one of my twin boys got a virus the other didnt. doc says its a virus going around with high temps 103-104 diarea throw up,and cramps i havent heard about this going around other then he only got the temp part =/ i just dont think this is what he has i know i am no doc but i know my baby, and i just dont think this is it. anybody else got/heard of this?
yes my daughter had the fever and temp of 104for about a week or so
strep

Tifton, GA

#4 Sep 23, 2010
If you haven't, ask your doctor to do a strep test. My child had those symtoms, no sore throat, and they did a strep test and it came out positive.
Stephanie

Jackson, TN

#5 Sep 23, 2010
mom, how long did it last my baby looks so miserable and unconfortable

strep, yes they done strep, flu, and blood test. all looked great
Stephanie

Jackson, TN

#6 Sep 23, 2010
please dont be ignorant when i am talkin about my child drew. there are plenty of bs post you can take your ignorence to
AWWW

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2010
I hope your sweet baby gets better soon.
Stephanie

Jackson, TN

#8 Sep 23, 2010
Yeah, me too maybe his and big cousin will come see him tomorrow that would make him happy=) thanks AWWW
Stephanie

Jackson, TN

#9 Sep 23, 2010
auntie
mom

United States

#10 Sep 23, 2010
Stephanie wrote:
mom, how long did it last my baby looks so miserable and unconfortable
strep, yes they done strep, flu, and blood test. all looked great
she almost had it two weeks? she was tested for strep flu and they said it was some type of viral. make sure u rotate between tylenol and motrin. if the fever doesnt come down after 48 hours go to dr?hope he feels better soon. i know it is hard to see them tjat way.
Stephanie

Jackson, TN

#11 Sep 24, 2010
wow 2 weeks thats a long time. He woke up with no fever this morning and the doc said his white blood count was good. she also said it takes 24 hours to show up and he was sick about 3 hours when i took him.
yadiels mommy

United States

#12 Mar 10, 2011
My son had diarrhea and cramps he's only one poor baby I had it too but like two months ago.
Grunt

Hendersonville, NC

#13 Mar 10, 2011
Remember that 'doctors' here are very inept. I had a head injury and instead of a CT scan, they gave me an EKG and chest x-ray. Go to Jackson. Don't bet on your childs life with the 'Kevorkians' at the Dburg hospital. They put the 'spit' in hospital!
thrifty

United States

#14 Mar 10, 2011
My son has had the same mess. MD said RSV - supposedly bad cold in adults but worse in children. Because it is a virus, no antibiotics. He did have breathing treatments for cough, we did pedialite to maintain hydration and alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen every 3 hours as needed for fever. It has been a week and a half and he is getting better but there is definately something ugly going around. I have had it, my husband, mother, grandmother and most of my co-workers have all had it.
another thing

Clover, SC

#15 Mar 11, 2011
Grunt wrote:
Remember that 'doctors' here are very inept. I had a head injury and instead of a CT scan, they gave me an EKG and chest x-ray. Go to Jackson. Don't bet on your childs life with the 'Kevorkians' at the Dburg hospital. They put the 'spit' in hospital!
I was recently at the ER at Dburg hospital. The Dr came in and said he was very busy and I had 5 min. Nice to know they have such a good bedside manner. I have since been to Jackson Hospital. I have one crushed disc and another worn down. I was in a lot of pain. Just like to say once again DR A that you need another job!

Since: Mar 09

Truth or Consequences, NM

#16 Mar 11, 2011
I could write a very angry letter right now about Stephanie, but I decided instead merely to express some constructive criticism. As this letter will make clear, Stephanie ignores a breathtaking number of facts, most notably:

Fact: Stephanie revels in her noisome campaign to arouse inter-ethnic suspicion.

Fact: Sexism has nothing to do with libertinism.

Fact: She has an uncritical—almost a worshipful—attitude toward the most stuporous authoritarians you'll ever see.

In addition, she is firmly convinced that every word that leaves her mouth is teeming with useful information. Her belief is controverted, however, by the weight of the evidence indicating that Stephanie's warnings are a mere cavil, a mere scarecrow, one of the last shifts of a desperate and dying cause. Sorry for going on for so long about Stephanie. I guess I just have a burr under my saddle from seeing her create a climate in which it will be assumed that our achievements reflect not individual worth, talent, or skill, but special consideration.
mom

Saint Cloud, MN

#17 Aug 18, 2011
Stephanie wrote:
One of my twin boys has the high temp and sore throat. The other just fine. Dr. just says virus was tested for strep and it came back negative. Tomorrow will be one full week.
stormy

Dyersburg, TN

#18 Aug 18, 2011
Grunt wrote:
JACKSON hospital and DOCTORS GETTING JUST AS BAD!
stormy

Dyersburg, TN

#19 Aug 18, 2011
Slim_Harpo wrote:
I could write a very angry letter right now about Stephanie, but I decided instead merely to express some constructive criticism. As this letter will make clear, Stephanie ignores a breathtaking number of facts, most notably:
Fact: Stephanie revels in her noisome campaign to arouse inter-ethnic suspicion.
Fact: Sexism has nothing to do with libertinism.
Fact: She has an uncritical—almost a worshipful—attitude toward the most stuporous authoritarians you'll ever see.
In addition, she is firmly convinced that every word that leaves her mouth is teeming with useful information. Her belief is controverted, however, by the weight of the evidence indicating that Stephanie's warnings are a mere cavil, a mere scarecrow, one of the last shifts of a desperate and dying cause. Sorry for going on for so long about Stephanie. I guess I just have a burr under my saddle from seeing her create a climate in which it will be assumed that our achievements reflect not individual worth, talent, or skill, but special consideration.
lol, slim , would you explain your first sentence, we need more details of what is really going on here!

I have been trying to read your books, sometimes like me , you hold back some punches in anger.
how hard are you hitting your key board.
maybe more (&(*(^&%&^$^%$^%$, ( SPIT) might help. I used them with you sometimes and spit too!
Crystal

United States

#20 Aug 18, 2011
My daughter was sent home from school Dec 2010 with what the school nurse thought was strep,she was treated by doctor Melton (because he was the only doctor in the office) and sent home and continued to have strep symptoms,I took her back to her Doctor Isaacs and he done blood work and a CT scan inoffice and found her Pilocytic Astrocytoma (a juvenile brain tumor) it was 5cm and in the middle of her brian and was causing the headaches and vomiting! Doctor Isaacs also found my son's Autism when he was mute up until he was 7 years old when all the other peds said he just wasn't sociallizing enough with other children! All the docs and nurses at St.jude commends doctor isaacs for finding the tumor at the onset of syptoms!! He saved her life!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Traffic on Pennell Lane (Dec '12) 3 min xxtra curious 18
Box cover up 9 min xxtra curious 9
Robbie and April Anderson 14 min xtra curious 4
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 24 min Garthok 99,245
blacks ,whites,old men,young men,big men,skinny... 49 min city jeff 4
Stacy cracker barrel 1 hr employee 19
Do You Worship Your Christmas Tree as a Idol I... 2 hr guest 9
Dairy Queen 7 hr guest 7
God is Great 8 hr guest 972
Dyer County High School Tue justsaying 12