Walgreens is over pricing medication!!

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
upset customer

United States

#1 Dec 27, 2010
I have used Walgreens for about 2 years and have never had a complaint before now. The past year a medication I was presribed was not covered by my insurance. I was at first paying $98 dollars a month for this medication and then they increased it to $103. I did not know any better, so I continued to pay that price. Then after talking to my doctor about the high price I was paying, he was outraged. He informed me that I should not be paying more then $4 for a month supply. So I decided to call around and EVERY pharmacy in our town charges the $4 price except Walgreens. This is just outragous!! How do they get away with stealing their customers money??
Roger Charles Courtney

Puryear, TN

#2 Dec 27, 2010
Wow! Great detective work on your part. I'm sure others will benefit because you took the time to look into the matter.

Since: Mar 09

Truth or Consequences, NM

#3 Dec 27, 2010
upset customer wrote:
I have used Walgreens for about 2 years and have never had a complaint before now. The past year a medication I was presribed was not covered by my insurance. I was at first paying $98 dollars a month for this medication and then they increased it to $103. I did not know any better, so I continued to pay that price. Then after talking to my doctor about the high price I was paying, he was outraged. He informed me that I should not be paying more then $4 for a month supply. So I decided to call around and EVERY pharmacy in our town charges the $4 price except Walgreens. This is just outragous!! How do they get away with stealing their customers money??
Take your business somewhere else.

Sioux City, IA

#4 Dec 27, 2010
yea walgreens suck. my son was sick and i had took him to the er and it was late no one else was open and needed his meds that night. so i had to go to them. one of the meds my insurance did not cover and i heard the woman talkin but did not know it was about me she said well her insurance won't pay for this and i know she won't pay for it so i'm gonna cancel it. then she asked who i was waitin on and i told her she was like oh, well ur insurance won't cover this medicine i figured u didn't want it. she said it's 70 dollars i said i don't care if it's 170 dollars my kid is sick duh!!! yea i want it then she said oh we don't have it we can order it and it will be in, in a couple of days. i said u know what i will wait and go some where else and i did and i got the medicine way cheaper some where else. they need to fire all those ppl back there and start all over!!!
Old customer

Kansas City, MO

#5 Dec 27, 2010
I had the same problem with them. I now take my business to C & C Pharmacy off of Parr Ave. I was paying $34 a month for a RX my insurance didn't cover at Walgreens now at C & C I only pay $8. Big diff. not as big as $103 down to $4 but that just proves Walgreens is in business go rip off people PERIOD.
Old customer

Kansas City, MO

#6 Dec 27, 2010
business *to rip people off

Hendersonville, NC

#7 Dec 28, 2010
C & C is best in town in my book. try them if you need help.
Robin Cradles

Charlotte, NC

#8 Dec 28, 2010
I use to use wallgreens all the time until I went to belew and ray and their prices were cheaper. Then when c&c opened up I started going there. I've got blood pressure and cholesterol meds that my insurance won't cover unless I use cvs. It was only 5 dollars at c&c. When I would go to walgreens they always acted like it was killing them to fill your perscription, espically the girls that work the counter. Then they make u wait 45 min. I've never been to pharmacy that took 45 min to fill one thing. At c&c I'm in and out in about 10 min

United States

#9 Dec 28, 2010
upset customer wrote:
I have used Walgreens for about 2 years and have never had a complaint before now. The past year a medication I was presribed was not covered by my insurance. I was at first paying $98 dollars a month for this medication and then they increased it to $103. I did not know any better, so I continued to pay that pricei. Then after talking to my doctor about the high price I was paying, he was outraged. He informed me that I should not be paying more then $4 for a month supply. So I decided to call around and EVERY pharmacy in our town charges the $4 price except Walgreens. This is just outragous!! How do they get away with stealing their customers money??
if the medication is on the 4$ list, then Walgreens should be reported. That's illegal to do and you doctor knew it, that's why he was so upset. You will have to check around but I know that there is some prescription drug price abuse line out there somewhere. Good luck

Sioux City, IA

#10 Dec 29, 2010
Take your business to Belew & Ray Pharmacy....always great pricing and friendly, helpful service :)
never

United States

#11 Dec 30, 2010
I hated having to wait forever to get your prescriptions even if you had called them in..
guest10

United States

#12 Dec 30, 2010
never wrote:
I hated having to wait forever to get your prescriptions even if you had called them in..
whaaaaa! Is someone from Walgreens all butt hurt!! Haha

Columbia, SC

#13 Jan 1, 2011
We had same problem when they first opened we had to get my husbands meds filled there, and they ask if he wanted to sign up for a discount card and we said yes. Then we got his meds filled and they charged us 123.00 for his meds anyway, well about two months later we got a 73 dollar check in the mail, they said they overcharged us. But the last time we went in they told us it was going to cost 79.00 for his meds and I ask if we could get half filled now and get the rest in a few days? The man told me we could get half filled but, that made no sense to me sop I went in to talk to them and the girl at the register said, she had applied his "discount" to it and the entire script was only 17.00 now so I feel bad for anyone who uses this pharmacy. They screw you and don't even kiss you.
Darrell

Southaven, MS

#14 Jan 4, 2011
It's just money.
Old Customer

United States

#15 Jan 4, 2011
Darrell wrote:
It's just money.
That's were you are wrong... It might just be money to you but hard working class families even $2 can make a difference in some cases...
dyersurg tn

Sioux City, IA

#16 Jun 27, 2011
upset customer wrote:
....... all i know is that i have been going to walgreens for years. and iam going to change there is a rude fat ass girl there. i think her name is krissie always rolling her eyes and shit
dyersurg tn

Sioux City, IA

#17 Jun 27, 2011
never wrote:
...... their is a heavy set girl with short blond hair, who wears a lot of make up who is so full of her self. she talks to you like you are stupid
a friend

Tucker, GA

#18 Feb 22, 2013
dyersurg tn wrote:
<quoted text>....... all i know is that i have been going to walgreens for years. and iam going to change there is a rude fat ass girl there. i think her name is krissie always rolling her eyes and shit
........you like to put peoples name on here n talk shit about them why dont tou put your name on here so you can get your scared ass handled....oh ur momma is a fat ass...

United States

#19 Feb 22, 2013
USA Drugs has bought out Belew & Ray, and USA Drugs is owned by Walgreens. Store is gonna be remodeled on the inside to make it look just like the other Walgreens.
Been there

Strawberry, AR

#20 Feb 22, 2013
guest wrote:
USA Drugs has bought out Belew & Ray, and USA Drugs is owned by Walgreens. Store is gonna be remodeled on the inside to make it look just like the other Walgreens.
some of there clerks need to learn some professionalism too! Toooo much drama in there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GAS now cost folks an extra $98 a month, der go... 32 min REDS don t care 1
miss Obummer? TN farmers brace for financial im... 37 min REDS don t care 15
State Gazette 44 min REDS don t care 5
lets investigate Hillary Clinton, because wev... 48 min REDS don t care 1
dchs 1 hr Guest 18
Redneck Justice 1 hr Visitor 4
Bean mill rd 1 hr Pux sux 20
Box 5 hr Pux 155
Shootout at Park and Multi-County car chase 12 hr Xup 30

Dyersburg Jobs