H & R Block income taxes

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Renee

Sioux City, IA

#1 Mar 7, 2013
This company sucks! They have messed up my taxes and think that they did not do anything wrong ....Hell it has been 6 weeks since I filed and now the IRS said at least another 8-12 weeeks.... WTF is wrong with these people.... I know one thing for sure someone needs a good ass whipping and I am one pissed off mom right now.... Has anyone else had trouble out of them?

“It's a great day for.......”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Renee, we have used H&R for many years with no problems. We filed this year on the 4th of February and our direct deposit was made just 9 days later. I am NOT an employee of this company so please do not accuse me of that.
guess

San Antonio, TX

#3 Mar 7, 2013
I think it is just the IRS and not them. I been waiting over 20 days and was told it will be a few more weeks. Most people I talk to have waited over a month to get theirs. And also hear the IRS is laying off alot of their workers this months, so it will take longer to get your income taxes.

Humboldt, TN

#4 Mar 7, 2013
same thing here, still havent got ours, they said 6 to 8 weeks also
Renee

Sioux City, IA

#5 Mar 7, 2013
ChopperBlades wrote:
Renee, we have used H&R for many years with no problems. We filed this year on the 4th of February and our direct deposit was made just 9 days later. I am NOT an employee of this company so please do not accuse me of that.
I have used them for almost 20 years and this is the first time for me as well but when I called the IRS they told me that they did not put in the information correctly and I am going to have to redo everything ....It was a young boy who filled them out and I knew more about filling them out than he did.... I know one thing H & R block has to refund me my $300 preparation fee

Hellbilly 1

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 7, 2013
Renee wrote:
<quoted text>
I have used them for almost 20 years and this is the first time for me as well but when I called the IRS they told me that they did not put in the information correctly and I am going to have to redo everything ....It was a young boy who filled them out and I knew more about filling them out than he did.... I know one thing H & R block has to refund me my $300 preparation fee
If you know more than he did, why didn't you do it yourself? All they do is to fill in numbers which you can do at the irs website. I had mine back in six days.
Bridge Salesman

Dyersburg, TN

#7 Mar 8, 2013
Who pays $300 to have their taxes filed? That's stupid. It's obviously not $300 you had to work for, must be one of these child tax credit (welfare) situations.
STORMSTOPPER

Martin, TN

#8 Mar 8, 2013
Bridge Salesman wrote:
Who pays $300 to have their taxes filed? That's stupid. It's obviously not $300 you had to work for, must be one of these child tax credit (welfare) situations.
No,$300 sounds about right.I had the same thing happen to me in '09 by Jackson Hewitt.They messed up on my taxes and I had to pay the IRS back the money I was refunded.All Jackson Hewitt had to pay was the $300 they charged me for tax preparation.
Bridge Salesman

Dyersburg, TN

#9 Mar 8, 2013
STORMSTOPPER wrote:
<quoted text>No,$300 sounds about right.I had the same thing happen to me in '09 by Jackson Hewitt.They messed up on my taxes and I had to pay the IRS back the money I was refunded.All Jackson Hewitt had to pay was the $300 they charged me for tax preparation.
You can do the same thing with TurboTax for $20.
STORMSTOPPER

Dyersburg, TN

#10 Mar 10, 2013
Bridge Salesman wrote:
<quoted text> You can do the same thing with TurboTax for $20.
Well,actually you can file a 1040A with Turbo Tax for free.I did that myself this tax season.

United States

#11 Mar 11, 2013
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the h & r card?
Bridge Salesman

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Mar 11, 2013
STORMSTOPPER wrote:
<quoted text>Well,actually you can file a 1040A with Turbo Tax for free.I did that myself this tax season.
Yep, you can't beat free. I wish I could have done the free one this year but I had a few forms that kept me from being able to, but I'm sure not about to pay anyone $300. I have friends with businesses, one with multiple businesses, that do their own taxes with Turbo Tax for less than a third that.
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM

Sioux City, IA

#13 Mar 11, 2013
I filed with Jackson Hewitt for 15 years and the last two years I filed with them they screwed up my return. Have been going to H and R for 4 years now and haven't had a problem. I had my taxes prepared on Jan. 15 but the IRS wasn't taking returns until the 28th. We were suppose to get our refund 14 to 21 days from the 28th and actually got it on Jan. 30th, 2 days after the IRS received them. No problems with H and R. The lady did tell us some people would have to wait longer on their returns because the IRS would be thoroughly checking EIC situations due to the fraud with it they had the year before.
Bridge Salesman

Dyersburg, TN

#14 Mar 11, 2013
I want to know how to get all my W-2s and 1099s by the 15th. I've never gotten my W-2s before the 30th and my 1099s usually don't come till the middle of February.
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM

Sioux City, IA

#15 Mar 11, 2013
It depends on who you work for. Some employers are on the ball about these things much earlier than others.

Ripley, TN

#16 Mar 12, 2013
My husband got his filed on Feb 16th and he is still waiting.... Have you guys received yalls yet?

Sioux City, IA

#17 Mar 12, 2013
Hellbilly 1 wrote:
<quoted text>If you know more than he did, why didn't you do it yourself? All they do is to fill in numbers which you can do at the irs website. I had mine back in six days.
same here
yeah right

Dyersburg, TN

#18 Mar 12, 2013
I filed Feb. 6th and used H&R Block, I also did the direct deposit I paid them upfront to file my taxes. I haven't received mine either. I finally called the IRS and they said they hadn't received my return. I had it E-filed through H&R Block. I then called H&R Block and after them looking at my taxes for a while they finally figured out that they accidentally didn't submit my return to the IRS. So here I am waiting another 6 weeks or more. I am one unhappy customer and will never use them again.
renee

Sioux City, IA

#19 Mar 12, 2013
yeah right wrote:
I filed Feb. 6th and used H&R Block, I also did the direct deposit I paid them upfront to file my taxes. I haven't received mine either. I finally called the IRS and they said they hadn't received my return. I had it E-filed through H&R Block. I then called H&R Block and after them looking at my taxes for a while they finally figured out that they accidentally didn't submit my return to the IRS. So here I am waiting another 6 weeks or more. I am one unhappy customer and will never use them again.
Yea the irs told me that they did not fill mine out correctly so like you I have to refile when I get the form in then they said it could be another 8-12 weeks
Bridge Salesman

Dyersburg, TN

#20 Mar 12, 2013
It was in business news today that H&R Block botched at least 600,000 returns. It seems they left questions on the forms that had to be answered with a yes or no unanswered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason roberts 2 hr guest 125
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 2 hr Izzy-_- 5,224
Cong. David Kustoff 3 hr Guest 20
Dyersburg TN has one of the worst pension plans... 3 hr Guest 91
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 4 hr Its me gg 106,718
Who OD in Lenox Tn tonight? 6 hr ThugLifeMatters 53
Dairy Queen 15 hr Pux 35
bought a lemon from castellaw Sat FixOrRepairDaily 53

Dyersburg Jobs

Personal Finance