Belew and Ray Drugs
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Sioux City, IA

#1 Jul 18, 2010
Does anyone know why Mark Bowers really sold the business. I mean he had a good business and he just mved out there and had a good location with the drive up window. I talked to his mom as his mom and dad both worked there and they said they cried thier eyes out that he didn't even tell them. I can't understand this at all. And I reallly likes that drug store taht it was family owned and operated for so long in Dyer County. Now when I go there it doesn't seem so much like home and there are all different people there. I am so unhappy and diappointed. I have heard many rumors but I just don't feel it is the same place. So Kevin and Curtis are opening there own store I really don't think anyone told them either. So I guess I will go there. I liked to go to a family drug store because they go the extra mile to take care of your needs. Not like wal-mart or walgreens where you are just another number. I am very sorry this all took place.

United States

#2 Jul 18, 2010
Mark got caught with his pants down to his ankles is what i heard?
Unbelievalbe

Collierville, TN

#3 Jul 18, 2010
Explain that last comment if you can...iteresting...
Dyersburg resident

Sioux City, IA

#4 Jul 18, 2010
Sometimes people make business owners an offer they just cannot refuse. If he stood to make a good deal of money that provided for himself and his wife and kids, then so be it. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation. It was a business decision.
Ole man

Martin, TN

#5 Jul 18, 2010
i doint care if his pants were down, have you ever heard of a business closing or selling because it was making too much money???
Dyersburg resident

Sioux City, IA

#6 Jul 18, 2010
Ole man wrote:
i doint care if his pants were down, have you ever heard of a business closing or selling because it was making too much money???
Uhh, yeah, it is called getting out while the getting is good. Happens all the time. A lot of businesses sell while at their peak, or perceived peak.
Robin Cradles

United States

#7 Jul 18, 2010
if I was offered over 4 million like he was I would sell to. he doesn't owe anyone an explanation on why he sold HIS business. I know you people that wine and complain are smart enough to know how a business work. I mean nothing out there is changing except kevin and curtis left. yeah I hate how mark done them but that's between them three and the judge if what he didn't do was on their contract. I was just in there friday and the new girls were very very friendly. wasn't surprised to see nothing but younger women working there. good luck to kevin and curtis with the new store.

Sioux City, IA

#8 Jul 19, 2010
Robin Cradles wrote:
if I was offered over 4 million like he was I would sell to. he doesn't owe anyone an explanation on why he sold HIS business. I know you people that wine and complain are smart enough to know how a business work. I mean nothing out there is changing except kevin and curtis left. yeah I hate how mark done them but that's between them three and the judge if what he didn't do was on their contract. I was just in there friday and the new girls were very very friendly. wasn't surprised to see nothing but younger women working there. good luck to kevin and curtis with the new store.
His own mother and father that worked for him did not know he was selling. She told me herself that she has cried a river. And I was told it was not true that he got 4 million dollars. Get real if you got 4 million dollars would you still be working there? I would stay at home. And seems to me he would have let Kevin and Curtis have first chance at the business instead of doing it behind thier back. And where did all his help go? Why is everyone new there? No he doesn't owe us any explanation but we didn't owe it to him to be a faithful customer and help him get where he is either but we did. And as far as a good business he had a good business downtown before he ever built the new store. He always preached to me how good a family owned and operated business was and the benefits of one. His parents helped him through school and worked for him and I am sorry I feel that they should have been informed of what was going on and if it were so good I think they would have. There is more to it then what we know I am sorry. I have yet to see him or speak to him since this all happened and I have been a loyal customer of his for many many years.
Robin Cradles

United States

#9 Jul 19, 2010
yes it was a little over 4 million. he's still there because he had to sign a contract saying that he would work and run the store for a year. though I haven't seen him there last few times I've been in. he didn't give kevin or curtis an option of Buying it because they WERE suppose to become part owners when they took the job but mark "somehow" left that out of their contracts. was suppose to be set up the same way as how mark became owner. when he took the job there he became part owner and when the others retired he bought the rest. that's how kevin and curtis's contracts were suppose to have been and they didn't find out it wasn't until mark sold. marks always been shaddy like this. when my wife worked for him he would have them give generic drugs and bill insurance for name brand. he's done a lot of shaddy crap and this is just another example. that's why everyone left and you see all new people there.

Sioux City, IA

#10 Jul 20, 2010
Robin Cradles wrote:
yes it was a little over 4 million. he's still there because he had to sign a contract saying that he would work and run the store for a year. though I haven't seen him there last few times I've been in. he didn't give kevin or curtis an option of Buying it because they WERE suppose to become part owners when they took the job but mark "somehow" left that out of their contracts. was suppose to be set up the same way as how mark became owner. when he took the job there he became part owner and when the others retired he bought the rest. that's how kevin and curtis's contracts were suppose to have been and they didn't find out it wasn't until mark sold. marks always been shaddy like this. when my wife worked for him he would have them give generic drugs and bill insurance for name brand. he's done a lot of shaddy crap and this is just another example. that's why everyone left and you see all new people there.
Well that would be insurance fruad and someone could go to jail over that. I asked his mother myself and she said no way he did not get 4 million dollars. And she could tell me that for sure. I siad well if he did I wondered why he was still working. I don't like a big turn over because no one knows you then so I will probably go with Kevin and Curtis. I really hope they do good for themselves they were not done right.

South Sioux City, NE

#11 Jul 20, 2010
then why dont you talk to him yourself instead of getting on a website and talking smack. Im sure he will talk to you about it if you have a few hours.
Yep

Millington, TN

#12 Jul 20, 2010
Robin Cradles wrote:
So much for doing business "locally." I've only been in Belew twice and both times I wondered why they had so many girls working behind the counter and still no one seemed to know what the other was doing. Personally, I wasn't impressed and never went back.
quest

Sioux City, IA

#13 Jul 20, 2010
i personally know for a fact that curtis and kevin were offered the store and was given a HUGE discount for all their years of service and mark and his wife paid for kevin to go to school.with all the plants closing in dyerssburg i don.t blame him selling this town is drying up.. their drugstore is going to be so expensive because of all the money they are spending.they want to try to steal business instead of pay for it
Robin Cradles

Menomonie, WI

#14 Jul 21, 2010
quest wrote:
i personally know for a fact that curtis and kevin were offered the store and was given a HUGE discount for all their years of service and mark and his wife paid for kevin to go to school.with all the plants closing in dyerssburg i don.t blame him selling this town is drying up.. their drugstore is going to be so expensive because of all the money they are spending.they want to try to steal business instead of pay for it
what? I don't know where you got your information from But everything you just said was bs. kevin is a cousin of my wife. mark did not pay for kevin to go to school. when kevin graduated he was even having a hard time finding a pharmacy to work at. then mark offered him $100,000 a year to work for him. and no kevin or curtis wasn't given the opportunity to Buy it... they like the other employees didn't know mark was selling until after super d Bought it... now try to come up with some more lies.

Waterloo, Canada

#15 Jul 21, 2010
Mark owns more than just belew & ray folks. Yes he got caught screwing around with missy dye-its sexual harrassment-look it up. When your a boss, you can't be screwing your employees. Bottom line. I'm sure kevin & curtis will be fine. How can they even possibly be higher on their prices than mark was? Neither one of those 2 owe mark anything other than kiss my ass-he sold the place to cover is ass- who knew a piece of her ass was worth so much?? If you don't like the folks in there now-just go see them at C&C cause that's where they will be.
loyal customer

Sioux City, IA

#16 Jul 21, 2010
Where were you when all this took place. Do you have a magic mirror that lets you see everything that goes on in Mark's life or his family's life. Only God knows the real truth and I don't think any of us here on earth even get close to what he see. In case you haven't stop to think; he sees the things you do also.So why don't all you nosey people mind your own business and take care of your own life. I'm sure Mark will do the same. If you are talking bad about him ;don't be a friend to his face. Stay out of his business, and may God make your day peacefulm and happier. God bless you gossiper's.
Guest2

Canton, MS

#17 Jul 21, 2010
He traded drugs for sexual favors! A friend of mine got drugs from him that way. She has since gone to rehab. It is common knowledge around here that he did things like that from the store.
guest 12

Union Star, KY

#18 Jul 21, 2010
guest wrote:
Mark owns more than just belew & ray folks. Yes he got caught screwing around with missy dye-its sexual harrassment-look it up. When your a boss, you can't be screwing your employees. Bottom line. I'm sure kevin & curtis will be fine. How can they even possibly be higher on their prices than mark was? Neither one of those 2 owe mark anything other than kiss my ass-he sold the place to cover is ass- who knew a piece of her ass was worth so much?? If you don't like the folks in there now-just go see them at C&C cause that's where they will be.
You are a real piece of shit for putting peoples names on here when you don't know what the hell you are talking about....It kills me that people get on here and use a FAKE name but can so quickly put someone else's on here....you are a freaking loser..
guest 126

Union Star, KY

#19 Jul 21, 2010
Guest2 wrote:
He traded drugs for sexual favors! A friend of mine got drugs from him that way. She has since gone to rehab. It is common knowledge around here that he did things like that from the store.
OMG....IT JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER...YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GROW UP...THIS TOWN JUST KILLS ME...drugs for sexual favors...yeah right...

Brighton, TN

#20 Jul 21, 2010
oh yeah, like thats just so unbelievable around here. i believe it. and guest from jackson you probably know first hand its true!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Abusive mothers 16 min Guest 6
Women who keep kids from their dads 18 min Guest 8
School teachers thinking they're lawyers! 23 min Guest 31
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 27 min Queue 105,523
Vc 1 hr Polly wants a cra... 2
Cody Shelton 1 hr Anon 1
Still Walking (Aug '15) 2 hr Paul 139
Mouth Full on Facebook 9 hr jay 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance