Healthcare.gov-Obamacare

Healthcare.gov-Obamacare

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
guest

United States

#1 Nov 8, 2012
Thought I would post....great information:) Yellow tab explains everything. http://www.healthcare.gov/law/index.html
Chris

Sioux City, IA

#2 Nov 8, 2012
Ok, Good post, but, I have some questions for you. I will treat you with respect if you do me, I am simply curious. I will tell you straight up I am not a fan of Obama nor do I support this healthcare law.

We can agree that employers with more than 50 fulltime employees (working more than 30 hours per week) will be required to provide affordable healthcare insurance to those employees right? We can agree on this because this is what the law says?

My question to you is, what is to stop the employer from reducing everyones hours to less than 30 to avoid paying for health insurance? Do you think this will happen?
guest

United States

#3 Nov 8, 2012
Chris wrote:
Ok, Good post, but, I have some questions for you. I will treat you with respect if you do me, I am simply curious. I will tell you straight up I am not a fan of Obama nor do I support this healthcare law.
We can agree that employers with more than 50 fulltime employees (working more than 30 hours per week) will be required to provide affordable healthcare insurance to those employees right? We can agree on this because this is what the law says?
My question to you is, what is to stop the employer from reducing everyones hours to less than 30 to avoid paying for health insurance? Do you think this will happen?
I never name call or bash. I learn from topix. I am sill reading up on this:) So far....yes, I do think 25 percent of small businesses will cut hours or employees. This is something that...imo....might need revising. The employer will get a tax break for covering their employees...but I haven't figured out the math yet. I don't want job loss to occur but look at health insurance, provided by small businesses, as getting people off Medicaid/Tenn Care or the uninsured insured. I can't find any information on the possible percentages of Medicaid recipients within that 25 percent....just a thought? Sorry for the misspellings but it has been a long day for me:)
hello

Red Oak, TX

#4 Nov 9, 2012
My husbands employers are changing their insurance. He pays nearly a $1000 a mt for my insurance. We dropped me on the insurance. Just can't afford it.
It scares me but what else can you do? Things are getting higher each wk and the pay does not go up.
Many of his coworkers are also doing the same.
Just can not afford it.
Lord help us for another 4 yrs of Obama.No telling what will happen now.
TRUTH SPEAKER

Dyersburg, TN

#5 Nov 9, 2012
Things are not getting better. Cost of essential items are rising each week because of the cost of gas and electricity. I am retired and living on social security (money I paid in for 45 years--no hand outs for me) and I am finding it harder and harder to make ends meet because of the increasing prices. By the way, the Social Security recipents got a whopping 1.7% raise this year and this is the first on in 2 years. food cost have risen about 25% and still going up..Thanks Obummer
guest

United States

#6 Nov 9, 2012
hello wrote:
My husbands employers are changing their insurance. He pays nearly a $1000 a mt for my insurance. We dropped me on the insurance. Just can't afford it.
It scares me but what else can you do? Things are getting higher each wk and the pay does not go up.
Many of his coworkers are also doing the same.
Just can not afford it.
Lord help us for another 4 yrs of Obama.No telling what will happen now.
This was the exact reason for Obamacare. Controlling healthcare costs. We that are privately insurred have paid for years for the uninsurred. Because companies "thought" Romney was going to win.......they are just now getting updated on Obamacare. 72 percent are unfamiliar with Obamacare. You brought up another great issue for research. Sounds like his company isn't paying for family coverage??? Honestly....he is not allowed to drop you unless you have coverage elswhere.....I thought??? Not sure on what I just quoted though?
guest

United States

#7 Nov 9, 2012
TRUTH SPEAKER wrote:
Things are not getting better. Cost of essential items are rising each week because of the cost of gas and electricity. I am retired and living on social security (money I paid in for 45 years--no hand outs for me) and I am finding it harder and harder to make ends meet because of the increasing prices. By the way, the Social Security recipents got a whopping 1.7% raise this year and this is the first on in 2 years. food cost have risen about 25% and still going up..Thanks Obummer
You where protected under Romneys plan of SS.......those of us under 55 weren't. So just a question....Romneys 6500 dollar voucher for healthcare paid for what exactly.....for you? Yes, costs are killing everyone:( And my families FICA goes to supporting you that I have paid for over 30 years into. A question Romney/Ryan never answered in their plan for me.......what about my FICA??? You deserve your retirement but so do I???? And yes Social Security needs rework:)
Chris

Sioux City, IA

#8 Nov 9, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text> I never name call or bash. I learn from topix. I am sill reading up on this:) So far....yes, I do think 25 percent of small businesses will cut hours or employees. This is something that...imo....might need revising. The employer will get a tax break for covering their employees...but I haven't figured out the math yet. I don't want job loss to occur but look at health insurance, provided by small businesses, as getting people off Medicaid/Tenn Care or the uninsured insured. I can't find any information on the possible percentages of Medicaid recipients within that 25 percent....just a thought? Sorry for the misspellings but it has been a long day for me:)
I also have not crunched the numbers in regards to the tax breaks, BUT I don't think they are enough. Several publications have announced many companies announcing layoffs since the election and specifically cite Obamas policies as the reason.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-many-busi...

One company sticks out to me and it was exactly what I wqas afriad of:
Darden Restaurants -

The company, which was among those who had received an Obamacare waiver in the past, is looking to limit workers to 28 hours per week. A full time employee that is required to have health insurance (lest the employer pay a fine) works 30 hours per week, as defined by the Obamacare law.

My main question and concern to those who support this law and who voted for Obama: What is to stop other companies EN MASS from doing the exact same thing. Are we moving from a fulltime working society to a parttime one? In my opinion, yes, we are. These employees who have their hours cut will be moved to Obamacare or government insurance.
Chris

Sioux City, IA

#9 Nov 9, 2012
Now I also want to address something else in the Obamacare law. Not everyone, but mostly liberals and die hard supporters of Obama think that the money will be endless, and that it was always be paid for. As more and more companies push employees onto government care( Obamacare) how exactly is it going to be paid for?

Over 10 years, once the law is fully implemented, there is a 715-716 billion dollar cut to medicaid(Obamacare). That is 716 billion dollars that would have gone to hospitals and doctors reimbursement for their services to Obamacare patients. If doctors aren't going to get paid or are going to have to see 150 patients a day just to make a living, don't you think a lot of doctors will quit accepting Obamacare patients? What then?

Look, I have worked in the medical field, and those of you who have had tenncare, or know someone who had, then you know that some doctors do not accept tenncare patients, period, simply because it doesn't pay. So before you say, "ahh well, they can't turn down Obamacare patients" think, doctors DO refuse certain insurances because they don't pay enough.

Now as the rolls of Obamacare swells, just think of the money. I don't think any of us can really grasp how much money we are talking about here. What about 1 person with cancer, that treatment can run over a million dollars quick, now multiply that by 100,000 people, diabetes, gastrointestinal problems, vascular problems, any health problem that is treated not cured is going to cost, billions? No not even close, try trillions, where is that money going to come from?
Freedom Fighter

Jackson, TN

#10 Nov 9, 2012
Chris wrote:
Ok, Good post, but, I have some questions for you. I will treat you with respect if you do me, I am simply curious. I will tell you straight up I am not a fan of Obama nor do I support this healthcare law.
We can agree that employers with more than 50 fulltime employees (working more than 30 hours per week) will be required to provide affordable healthcare insurance to those employees right? We can agree on this because this is what the law says?
My question to you is, what is to stop the employer from reducing everyones hours to less than 30 to avoid paying for health insurance? Do you think this will happen?
I can answer your question very simply and very accurately.

What is to stop the employer from reducing everyones hours to less than 30 to avoid paying for health insurance?

Not one darn thing. its already being annouced and some companies are simply going to shut down. So those hours are going to Zero.
TRUTH SPEAKER

Dyersburg, TN

#11 Nov 9, 2012
as far as cance and the million dollar cost. Obummer care has a advisory board that will advise if care can be granted.. if not you die....death squad....
Chris

Sioux City, IA

#12 Nov 9, 2012
Freedom Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
I can answer your question very simply and very accurately.
What is to stop the employer from reducing everyones hours to less than 30 to avoid paying for health insurance?
Not one darn thing. its already being annouced and some companies are simply going to shut down. So those hours are going to Zero.
But a hardcore democrat, liberal Obama supporter can't, or won't see that, and I am curious why?
guest

Sioux City, IA

#13 Nov 9, 2012
we love obama... so happy we have another 4 years with him as our president.

so quit bicthin about your insurance.
Im an RN

Martin, TN

#14 Nov 9, 2012
You get what you asked for....is your answer.

Elections have consequences and the choices were made. The poor put it off on the wealthy and the wealthy aren't going to take it. You can't get "free stuff", period. You all think Obama is going to force people to pay your share, but you didn't see Greece falling from the same reason.

You're going to get what you asked for. But those people who have worked and saved and been diligent, their going to put their money in a safe place, tuck down and watch Rome burn.

I know. You better get wise to.
Chris

Sioux City, IA

#15 Nov 9, 2012
guest wrote:
we love obama... so happy we have another 4 years with him as our president.
so quit bicthin about your insurance.
Obviously this discussion is way above your head, get lost.
guest

Sioux City, IA

#16 Nov 9, 2012
Im an RN wrote:
You get what you asked for....is your answer.
Elections have consequences and the choices were made. The poor put it off on the wealthy and the wealthy aren't going to take it. You can't get "free stuff", period. You all think Obama is going to force people to pay your share, but you didn't see Greece falling from the same reason.
You're going to get what you asked for. But those people who have worked and saved and been diligent, their going to put their money in a safe place, tuck down and watch Rome burn.
I know. You better get wise to.
What? Please explain in english.Thank you.
guest

United States

#17 Nov 9, 2012
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
I also have not crunched the numbers in regards to the tax breaks, BUT I don't think they are enough. Several publications have announced many companies announcing layoffs since the election and specifically cite Obamas policies as the reason.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/how-many-busi...
One company sticks out to me and it was exactly what I wqas afriad of:
Darden Restaurants -
The company, which was among those who had received an Obamacare waiver in the past, is looking to limit workers to 28 hours per week. A full time employee that is required to have health insurance (lest the employer pay a fine) works 30 hours per week, as defined by the Obamacare law.
My main question and concern to those who support this law and who voted for Obama: What is to stop other companies EN MASS from doing the exact same thing. Are we moving from a fulltime working society to a parttime one? In my opinion, yes, we are. These employees who have their hours cut will be moved to Obamacare or government insurance.
Valid points:) We were already becoming a temporary society long before Obama. Going backwards hasn't worked.....going forward maybe? So Romneys plan was fixing this how? It takes less people do do the same job because of technology.........Reagans time technology wasn't here like it is today!!! We did not plan for the future.
Chris

Sioux City, IA

#18 Nov 9, 2012
TRUTH SPEAKER wrote:
as far as cance and the million dollar cost. Obummer care has a advisory board that will advise if care can be granted.. if not you die....death squad....
That is EXACTLY right. Depending on your AGE, and illness, and most importantly COST, you may not get the treatment you need, and as the ranks increase 1000 fold, and the cost increase 1000 fold, you can guarantee that a LOT of medical issues( health problems) will not be treated, you will simply be sent home with pain pills to die.

I absolutely agree, 100% healthcare in this country neds to be fixed, but this is not the way. Obamacare simply changes more than healthcare, it changes our very way of life.
Chris

Sioux City, IA

#19 Nov 9, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text> Valid points:) We were already becoming a temporary society long before Obama. Going backwards hasn't worked.....going forward maybe? So Romneys plan was fixing this how? It takes less people do do the same job because of technology.........Reagans time technology wasn't here like it is today!!! We did not plan for the future.
As an independent voter, leaning libertarian, I simply don't know the answer to fixing healthcare. I don't know, but I do from what I have read of this law, Obamacare is not the answer, it is the wrong answer on many different levels. I will give this though, IN THE BEGINNING, THE VERY EARLY BEGINNING, those without insurance will love it, but as businesses kick in pushing employees into parttime work and onto government care, you will see this thing increase in size so much, that the amount of money needed to sustain it will not be there, it just won't be there, and we haven't even mentioned lawsuits that will inevitable come from patients being denied, that alone will cost in the billions. The lawyers are already licking their lips.
guest

United States

#20 Nov 9, 2012
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
But a hardcore democrat, liberal Obama supporter can't, or won't see that, and I am curious why?
I am an Independent. So how was Romney to fix these issues? Under what plan? I couldnt figure out tooth from nails from day to day with Romney/Ryan. Romney was creating 12 million jobs....where and how with cutting goverment jobs??? He was creating 12 million jobs in what country? With oil? That's not jobs for Dyer County...unless we have hidden oil or other natural resources the world wants?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is there a spirm bank near dyersburg? 7 min Daddy 9
durty money crew 2 hr Callitlikeiseeit 26
Letís Just Say It Ė Republicans Hate America 2 hr Jesuswasliberal 4
evidence of treason. There is no other word for it 3 hr guest 9
pandering to the 23% of deplorables 3 hr Wall specialist 2
Mar-A-Lago in South Florida are not only costin... 3 hr Amazed 4
McGuire 3 hr Rex Roy 13

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dyersburg Mortgages