Dyersburg police scanner

Dyersburg police scanner

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

Wondering

Nashville, TN

#1 Apr 13, 2011
Just wondering if anyone knows why I get all the area scanners on The scanner app on my phone..but not Dyersburg? Can pick up Obion, Jackson, Missouri, everywhere but Dyersburg.. its not listed.
Blue Knight

Tipton, TN

#2 Apr 14, 2011
Wondering wrote:
Just wondering if anyone knows why I get all the area scanners on The scanner app on my phone..but not Dyersburg? Can pick up Obion, Jackson, Missouri, everywhere but Dyersburg.. its not listed.
You should not be able to get Dyersburg on a regular scanner. They are digital and I think, in the 800 megahertz range.
guest

Jackson, TN

#3 Apr 14, 2011
And by March of 2012, All emergency vehicles, Police, Sheriff, Fire and Ambulance will be 800mhz, digital trucking where it will be impossible for scanners to pick them up.. The FCC has mandated this and it needs to be done for the safety of emergency workers.. i will have to agree.. To answer your question, its a "particiption agreement" and Dyer co and Dyersburg chose not too..
guestnot

United States

#4 Apr 14, 2011
guest wrote:
And by March of 2012, All emergency vehicles, Police, Sheriff, Fire and Ambulance will be 800mhz, digital trucking where it will be impossible for scanners to pick them up.. The FCC has mandated this and it needs to be done for the safety of emergency workers.. i will have to agree.. To answer your question, its a "particiption agreement" and Dyer co and Dyersburg chose not too..
no it is notmandated thats another excuse to spend millions od tax dollars for something that is not needed and if you have a scanner 460.125 has been broadcasing dpd for the past 4 weeks or so i guess while there spending millions more to upgrade an inferior system they already have no other counties in this area is using 800 mgh except lake county and there reason is the prison there ows that system and lets them use it memphis doesnt even use it.dyersburg has spent money for more un needed things just like many other citys and the mandate as you call it is if you want grant money you have to switch to 800 meg system to have us pay for it twice.once at the city and county leve and again though federal taxes again waste and abuse by govt. for uneeded items just to say oops sorry it didnt work when we needed it.
Breathe

Henderson, TN

#5 Apr 14, 2011
guestnot wrote:
<quoted text>no it is notmandated thats another excuse to spend millions od tax dollars for something that is not needed and if you have a scanner 460.125 has been broadcasing dpd for the past 4 weeks or so i guess while there spending millions more to upgrade an inferior system they already have no other counties in this area is using 800 mgh except lake county and there reason is the prison there ows that system and lets them use it memphis doesnt even use it.dyersburg has spent money for more un needed things just like many other citys and the mandate as you call it is if you want grant money you have to switch to 800 meg system to have us pay for it twice.once at the city and county leve and again though federal taxes again waste and abuse by govt. for uneeded items just to say oops sorry it didnt work when we needed it.
That is the longest sentence I have ever tried to read.
guest

Jackson, TN

#6 Apr 14, 2011
All Law Enforcement, Fire and medical should be blocked so NO scanner can pick it up.. Keeps all the "ambulance chasers" from getting in the way.. And it WILL be that way soon...
scanner master

Newton, NC

#7 Apr 14, 2011
800 mhz. digital trunking scanners are available. if they upgrade, then you upgrade. gota keep up or be left behind!
Longgone

Lynchburg, VA

#8 Dec 26, 2011
The DPD has been at the higher range for approx. 12 years now.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9 Dec 26, 2011
scanner master wrote:
800 mhz. digital trunking scanners are available. if they upgrade, then you upgrade. gota keep up or be left behind!
yup no matter what they do someone will be better and make somethin that can pick it up..
goofy

United States

#10 Dec 26, 2011
in ordre to pick up a scan on a phone app it has to broadcasted threw the net i had the same problem
L2TheM

Dyersburg, TN

#11 Dec 29, 2011
Eh, nobody will be making a cheap digital scanner. DPD does use a digital scanner, and the purpose is to keep people from knowing they are coming after them. If you were evading arrest and had a scanner, you would know when to run. Now you won't know, and that is the way it should be.

There are too many cowards running from the law in this town.
scanner

Ripley, TN

#12 Dec 29, 2011
I have a scanner and have been listening to dyersburg police for 5 years. if you want to hear, just go out to radio shack and shell out 300 bucks. i must say that the dyersburg system sound real good, it is clear, not like the counties with all that static.
just the truth

Jackson, TN

#13 Mar 18, 2013
everybody in dyer co. needs a scanner becuse there are more criminals working for the sherriff dpt. and the dyersburg police dpt. than ther are criminals on the street.
guest

United States

#15 Mar 18, 2013
Is dpd 800 meg the actual frequency or 800. What? For digital trunking scanner.
Tom

United States

#16 Mar 19, 2013
I get the Dyer County scanner on my phone app. It's called Scanner Radio.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dyer County Freshmen Football PLAYER 17 min Ortisto 9
Green Tree Apartments 18 min Amanda 2
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 23 min Amanda 9,641
I have a question 26 min Amanda 12
Grecians Steak House (Aug '14) 30 min Customer 29
~*~ A to Z Game ~*~ Things That Turn You On! (Aug '12) 1 hr Amanda 204
add a word drop a word (Feb '14) 1 hr Amanda 662
Wreck on 104 near Roellen 5 hr Curious 25
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 12 hr Dawg 103,782