Dyer Co School Teachers
dude

Milan, TN

#21 Apr 27, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>Why were your kids in a place where they serve alcohol? If you don't want them exposed to it, then they shouldn't be there. Next thing you know, you are going to be on here complaining because your kids couldn't eat their steak dinner, because their teacher was up there stripping and sliding down a pole.
Any restaurant that can seat a certain amount of people serves alcohol.

Brighton, TN

#22 Apr 27, 2013
i see no problem with having a drink or 2. having sex in a bathroom and making out with some ones husband however is a different story. having sex with under age kids is a problem as well. i do hope that these accusations are made up and our children are not being put in situation with their teacher. these teachers that everyone is speaking about are all probably good church goers as well!

Sioux City, IA

#24 Apr 27, 2013
And out comes the names. Classy.

South Sioux City, NE

#25 Apr 27, 2013
If they do their jobs during the day, then whatever they do on their own time is their business...just the same as everyone else. If they chose teaching as their profession, they didn't take a vow to not enjoy life as they see fit.....get over it!!!!

Rowlett, TX

#26 Apr 27, 2013
If you witness that and don't report it to the police you're not exhibiting a very good example for your children either. Call the police next time and then call back the next day and make sure Officer Dodds did not take the call.
thinking drinker

United States

#27 Apr 28, 2013
Everyone around the world shares in a drink after work. It's called socializing... and that's a good thing. All of you criticizing these people are guilty of stupidity in my opinion. Like another poster said... You would get eaten alive in a big city. Why don't you get out of Dyer County for a night..
milyn

Nashville, TN

#28 Apr 28, 2013
I live in a big city and I am fine and fully intact, no bite marks. Guest with a lower case "g", quit gossiping and handle your concerns through the proper channels.
Dyer County Parent

Sioux City, IA

#29 Apr 28, 2013
Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were your kids in a place where they serve alcohol? If you don't want them exposed to it, then they shouldn't be there. Next thing you know, you are going to be on here complaining because your kids couldn't eat their steak dinner, because their teacher was up there stripping and sliding down a pole.
I agree with this 100% My husband and i do not drink and we do NOT want our children exposed to it but we also choose to go places WITH our KIDS on family meal nights out that do NOT serve alcohol (except El PAtio and I have never seen any HEAVY drinkers there bc they close early) There is alot of selections of places to eat that serve NO alcohol. If someone is reelling drunk then maybe you should not take your children to that place to eat. I LOVE Applebees food but my kids ONLY go there during the day bc I don't want them to be exposed to ppl sitting around in a setting where working ppl are there to mingle and unwind. That is their choice but it is not OURS or Our Childrens choice so we DONT GO there. Same goes for Lupos, Abes, and other places that offer this environment in the evening.
natalie

Sioux City, IA

#30 Apr 28, 2013
anon wrote:
I understand what the complaint is and it is probably teachers defending themselves hoping they aren't named. Dwight Hedge wouldn't tolerate half of the stuff if he knew how bad it was. I was in Touchdown one night and watched a married teacher kissing and making out with another man that wasn't her husband. His wife walked in the door snatched her up and beat the crap out of her dragging her by her head to the parking lot. Now how is this supposed to be handled when the teacher has the other woman's kids in class?
If YOU were in touchdown and seen this then welcome to Dyersburg. THere is so much cheating and slutting around here it is ridiculous. There are good ppl here too but regardless of what their proffesion is ANYONE is subject to the lifestyles of lots of the bed hoppers around here. I recently heard someone talking about a couple of gals in Finley (relatives) that were unveiled and had slept with multiple other men and they are both still with their husbands and living (as seen on facebook) as if NOTHING ever happened. NO problem! Just a little bed hopping thats all. It is the way things are around here lately. Getting worse all the time.

Sioux City, IA

#31 Apr 29, 2013
I would think there would be a moral clause in their contracts with either the city or the county. A drink or two with dinner, fine. Falling down drunk in a public place is just repulsive. How can a child respect that? For sure I would call the police in a heartbeat if I saw someone who appeared to be inebriated driving. Smarten up folks. Garbage in, garbage out. Big city smarts? What a joke. Try San Fran on for size and see how you like it when your child brings home a mate of the same sex. Children are impressionable whether they see immoral behavior in a restaurant or in the pews of their local church. Parents can do what they can to protect them but other adults should think about being a role model instead of a bad influence.
peter

United States

#32 Apr 29, 2013
Look at the science teacher post,he is teaching & yet he is a gang member.
parent

United States

#33 Apr 29, 2013
He is not a gang member. Just because you ride a motorcycle, doesn't mean your a gang member.
Star Pupil

Cedar Park, TX

#34 Apr 29, 2013
If i had to teach some of these kids, id drink id smoke hell anything. SOME kids need their butts beat & may even be the kids to a parent posting here. Oh i saw that teacher leave drunk....oh me.....probably dont spank your child when they need it & they are hell in wheels. Teachers are underpaid. Buy most of their supplies- hell id buy em a six pack. Except for the 1 who got their butt kicked at TD. Lol.

Sioux City, IA

#35 Apr 29, 2013
Many may not agree with me but I see some major problems heading our way in every aspect of our lives. It is not just the teachers, it is every aspect of society. We are going down as a nation and the sooner people prepare for this eventuality, the better off they will be. Boy Scouts going the way of the gay, the supreme court judging the gay marriage act, Teachers drunk in restaurants. This is only the beginning. Unfortunately, we are going to see atrocities that nightmares don't even cover.

Financial meltdowns, societal breakdowns, and to me the most important is the spiritual breakdown of the families of this nation. We are and will pay a terrible price for our transgressions against God's laws.

For those who are not too wrapped up in their smart phones take a real look around you. Are your children being raised by you or your tv? Are you teaching the children it is ok to be gay? Are you teaching them to not hate but to no way endorse this stuff.

I think that even secular people understand that something major is coming this way.

Something wicked this way comes and very soon too. Are we strong enough to stand for what is right? I don't think so. The majority of us will just keep on pushing our little buttons and ignore what is going on around us. It is sad.
dude

Memphis, TN

#36 Apr 30, 2013
If I had to guess, I would say teachers of the past probably drank more. It was more acceptable when my parents were kids. They just didnt have the Internet and people also minded their own business a little better.

Jackson, TN

#37 Apr 30, 2013
dude wrote:
If I had to guess, I would say teachers of the past probably drank more. It was more acceptable when my parents were kids. They just didnt have the Internet and people also minded their own business a little better.
Not true at all. 20 years ago you wouldn't catch a teacher in a bar in town.

Gadsden, TN

#38 Apr 30, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you can go to a bar or where ever but a teacher can not huh. The dyersburg double standard rears it head again.

Sioux City, IA

#39 Apr 30, 2013
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, NOT true, I graduated HS 19 yrs ago in South Florida and the beaches are loaded with tiki bars and and karaoke bars and it was not usual to see Ms.Barns, Mrs.Stuart. Mr & Mrs Johansen hanging out at the tiki bar sipping on margaritas listening to Jimmy Buffett. Just saying.

United States

#40 Apr 30, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so you can go to a bar or where ever but a teacher can not huh. The dyersburg double standard rears it head again.
I don't take my kids to any restaurants that have bars and no I don't go to bars. We aren't in South Florida other guest we are in the Bible Belt.
peter

United States

#41 Apr 30, 2013
parent wrote:
He is not a gang member. Just because you ride a motorcycle, doesn't mean your a gang member.
you mean wearing a vest that says the name of your bike gang & support your local ******* is not a gang member? Where u been?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendy and janey from Grecian steakhouse 21 min Bubba 10
What made America great? 4 hr Trumpster 23
go home white man 4 hr RemembertheAlamo 19
Justin Wright for state rep.,a joke 6 hr wbuffet 4
Traffic Nazis 7 hr T Bone 6
Man hung his self 8 hr Pennie Lane 8
Motorcycle Accident in Mason Hall/Trimble 8 hr Guest 12

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance