what happen to sonic
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ugh

Sioux City, IA

#1 Oct 7, 2012
They used to have the best burgers and service in town.
Now it seems like everyone that works there are required to have a Ph. D in Stupid.
I mean how hard is it to get a number one plain with cheese and a drink right. I shouldn't have to repeat my order four times and tell them four times "I don't want Mayo just plain with cheese." That's meat cheese and a bun!!!! THAT'S SO HARD!!! Yet they want to whine that they don't get any tips. Service starts when you push that button.

Dyersburg, TN

#2 Oct 7, 2012
You must have went to the retard Sonic by the skating ring.
sonic worker

Shepherdsville, KY

#3 Nov 20, 2012
Yeah and what sucks worse is when the hard workers get punished and not tipped for the ones who take the order. Then theirs the customers who have a Ph.D in stupid and just rude because they had a bad day. I do my job well and have never gotten rude with a customer yet i have been yelled out for someone else mistake and not tipped. Im happy for the customers who tip me well and tell me i brighten their day.

Sioux City, IA

#5 Nov 21, 2012
sonic worker wrote:
Yeah and what sucks worse is when the hard workers get punished and not tipped for the ones who take the order. Then theirs the customers who have a Ph.D in stupid and just rude because they had a bad day. I do my job well and have never gotten rude with a customer yet i have been yelled out for someone else mistake and not tipped. Im happy for the customers who tip me well and tell me i brighten their day.
omg! tip and you made my day because you hand them a bag of food. give me a break if you want a tip go be a waitress. your handing some one a bag is not enough effort for a tip. everyone wants something for doing nothing! and if they tip you well and smother you with compliments then they just want something from you! like some fries to go with your shake! stop being naive.

Sioux City, IA

#6 Nov 21, 2012
i believe they still have the best burgers in town. i like them.

Manila, AR

#7 Nov 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>omg! tip and you made my day because you hand them a bag of food. give me a break if you want a tip go be a waitress. your handing some one a bag is not enough effort for a tip. everyone wants something for doing nothing! and if they tip you well and smother you with compliments then they just want something from you! like some fries to go with your shake! stop being naive.
People like you just chap my hide. At least they have a job and are trying to make something of themselves. I tip even when I just order an ice cream cone. I am 50+ years old and still remember what it was like to work as a wait person for less than minimum wage. Without tips you can't survive. As long as they are clean, have a smile for you and act like they enjoy their job they get a tip. Try it sometime and see if your service doesn't improve for you. The going rate for tips is 18% and any smart phone (Quick Tip app) can figure how much you need to leave them . Have a good day!
dulos

Jackson, TN

#8 Nov 21, 2012
There is no reason on God's green earth to tip anyone at Sonic. They bring you a bag of freaking food. Nobody tips at Sonic. It's just that Sonic employees like to pretend people do so they can cash in.
solud

Sioux City, IA

#9 Nov 21, 2012
dulos wrote:
There is no reason on God's green earth to tip anyone at Sonic. They bring you a bag of freaking food. Nobody tips at Sonic. It's just that Sonic employees like to pretend people do so they can cash in.
i think you are wrong for not tipping. these girl work hard and should be compensated.

Jackson, TN

#10 Nov 21, 2012
dulos wrote:
I always tip at sonic.
stupid azz

Jackson, TN

#11 Nov 21, 2012
well it is like this, when i go to a drive in like sonic. i GO TO A DRIVE IN, if i want to tip that my business but it is a drive in so you dont posto tip and depend on them, they get paid to bring me my food that is why it is a drive in, if you go to a restraunt then tip my be. only if they give you servie , take pizza hut . when you go in there they tell ya where to sit and bring us your first drink, every time i go to buffet i get that i ALWAY have to get my own drink but they excet a tip. dont think it is work the what is it 15%
dulos

Jackson, TN

#12 Nov 21, 2012
solud wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you are wrong for not tipping. these girl work hard and should be compensated.
They are compensated. They are compensated by Sonic for doing their job. I can't say they all work hard, but they are all compensated.
solud

Sioux City, IA

#13 Nov 21, 2012
dulos wrote:
<quoted text>
They are compensated. They are compensated by Sonic for doing their job. I can't say they all work hard, but they are all compensated.
You are an ass if you think Sonic compensates the employees fo rthe hard work. They provide them the opportunity to earn a hourly wage as well as tips by working hard and providing service to jack butts like you.

Manila, AR

#14 Nov 21, 2012
dulos wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like they make $15-$20 an hour. They make below minimum wage and that is why they hire young people who still live at home and have no bills. An adult woman with a child COULD NOT live on what they make. Heck she wouldn't even be able to afford daycare for her child.

Hornsby, TN

#15 Nov 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You act like they make $15-$20 an hour. They make below minimum wage and that is why they hire young people who still live at home and have no bills. An adult woman with a child COULD NOT live on what they make. Heck she wouldn't even be able to afford daycare for her child.
Thats because most of the adults that work for sonic are single, have kids and are on welfare and EBT and get free child care.. just more trash abusing the system.. Ur welcome!!
dulos

Jackson, TN

#16 Nov 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I act like they make $7.25 an hour. This is the Federally-mandated minimum wage. If you know of *any* Sonic employee making less than this, call the Department of Labor immediately. Sonic carhops are NOT wait staff and do NOT make $2.13 an hour and do NOT require you to give them a tip so they can meet minimum wage. They just like to pretend this is the case to dupe you into giving them more money.

Choosing to give someone money is one thing. Being duped into feeling obligated to give it to them is another. I can understand how Democrats may not be able to discern the difference, but there is an important distinction.

Sioux City, IA

#17 Nov 21, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you just chap my hide. At least they have a job and are trying to make something of themselves. I tip even when I just order an ice cream cone. I am 50+ years old and still remember what it was like to work as a wait person for less than minimum wage. Without tips you can't survive. As long as they are clean, have a smile for you and act like they enjoy their job they get a tip. Try it sometime and see if your service doesn't improve for you. The going rate for tips is 18% and any smart phone (Quick Tip app) can figure how much you need to leave them . Have a good day!
they make minimum wage!!! do you tip at dairy queen for your ice cream cone....according to your logic you should! i worked at McDonalds in high school and no one ever tipped me for handing them a tray of food and i worked my butt off. waitress yes sonic NO! that's about as stupid as tip jar at the daylight doughnut window or Starbucks. why dont you just get on a float at the Christmas parade and just throw dollar bills at everyone. have it sponsored by A & D ointment since you have a chapped ass!
broke

Sioux City, IA

#18 Nov 22, 2012
Using that logic, then why don't we have to tip at McDonalds or Wendys? Then Sonic girls bring you a bag of food! They don't bring you your plate at a sit down restaurant. They don't come by and check on your glass of tea and ask you if you need anything else. They do a tiny fraction of what a REAL waitress does and yet they expect a tip? There are too many people nowdays that expect something for nothing. If we are to be expected to tip a girl that brings a bag of food to the car then we should tip the young people at all of the other fast food places too. Let's be fair about this. What makes the Sonic girls so special? Just because they come outside? Big deal! The girls at the fast food windows have to wear a coat in the winter too cuz of the cold air coming in through the window. Get real people. I used to tip at the Sonic but very few of the girls would even speak beyond a half hearted "Thank you". And they barely mumbled that at me and wouldn't even make eye contact. At least a waitress at a real restaurant will smile and look you in the eye when they speak. Even if it's not sincere, they make it look real and the ones that want a good tip will make sure that your glass doesn't run out. Bottom line is this: If you want tips, then go to work at a sit in restaurant and give really good service. Otherwise you Sonic girls don't deserve tips for what you do. Let's be fair to all of the fast food workers.

Sioux City, IA

#19 Nov 23, 2012
broke wrote:
Using that logic, then why don't we have to tip at McDonalds or Wendys? Then Sonic girls bring you a bag of food! They don't bring you your plate at a sit down restaurant. They don't come by and check on your glass of tea and ask you if you need anything else. They do a tiny fraction of what a REAL waitress does and yet they expect a tip? There are too many people nowdays that expect something for nothing. If we are to be expected to tip a girl that brings a bag of food to the car then we should tip the young people at all of the other fast food places too. Let's be fair about this. What makes the Sonic girls so special? Just because they come outside? Big deal! The girls at the fast food windows have to wear a coat in the winter too cuz of the cold air coming in through the window. Get real people. I used to tip at the Sonic but very few of the girls would even speak beyond a half hearted "Thank you". And they barely mumbled that at me and wouldn't even make eye contact. At least a waitress at a real restaurant will smile and look you in the eye when they speak. Even if it's not sincere, they make it look real and the ones that want a good tip will make sure that your glass doesn't run out. Bottom line is this: If you want tips, then go to work at a sit in restaurant and give really good service. Otherwise you Sonic girls don't deserve tips for what you do. Let's be fair to all of the fast food workers.
no one thinks about the person standing at the drive through window when it is below 0 outside. i can remember having a heater wearing a coat and having gloves with the the fingers out of it just to try and stay warm. i got pneumonia ....probably due to working in those conditions. and i never did get a tip!

Sioux City, IA

#20 Nov 23, 2012
guest wrote:
<quoted text>no one thinks about the person standing at the drive through window when it is below 0 outside. i can remember having a heater wearing a coat and having gloves with the the fingers out of it just to try and stay warm. i got pneumonia ....probably due to working in those conditions. and i never did get a tip!
you poor baby. get educated and maybr you will move up to one of the indoor cash registers,
sonic worker

Shepherdsville, KY

#21 Nov 23, 2012
wow after reading these post just makes me think what is the world coming to. I work their i get 5.25 and get paid extra if i dont make min wage in tips but, what u dont understand is i get in trouble and look like a bad employee if they have to pay me more. People who just think we're worthless and just live off the government are just as stupid as the one who think u shouldn't tip at sonic. I go to school half time with three kids and working every chance i get. We have to take the order, make the order, then make sure it right and bring it too. It may not look like we do alot but we do. Also I dont get free babysitter or any kinda check unless i work for it. I am bragging how customers tell me i brighten there day because i am never rude so its ok for those who dont tip because i have my faithful customers who tip me good for being nice and giving them their food and everything they want even if i have to run back in and out as many times as they need.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jessica wilson (Jul '10) 59 min Python 23
Arbys 1 hr Lll 2
Trump is your President 2 hr Python 2
Donald Trump, Loser-in-Chief (Dec '16) 2 hr Python 4
Grecians 2 hr guest 3
Who dtf (women) 4 hr Hellofromme 1
carpenter? (Jul '09) 4 hr Guest 7
Professor Ken Jones 4 hr Guest 3

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web