who

Jackson, TN

#44 Sep 17, 2012
what was the family's name? I heard that one was kin to a jackson

“I like to make people mad.”

Since: Jun 12

Winchestertonfieldville, IA

#46 Sep 17, 2012
What kind of atv? Was it a power wheel? How did it happen? These are the questions on everyone's mind.
joe

Trenton, TN

#50 Sep 17, 2012
how old was he
FACT

Jackson, TN

#51 Sep 17, 2012
WHAT HAPPENED. YALL NEED TO GET THE STORY OUT BECAUSE WE'VE HEARD EVERYTHING FROM HE GOT RUN OVER TO SOMEONE RUN OVER THEM TO THE PARENTS KILLED THEM. SO IT'S BEST THAT U GET THE STORY OUT THERE TO CLEAR IT UP
whats up

United States

#53 Sep 17, 2012
yea like she sd if u dnt know the story stay off i kno the family very well and talked to them today why are ppl on here so jacksed up on diff stories if u dnt lno dnt reply lindi im sorry to hear bout wht happen actuall talked to parents today and sd tht the key was left in 4wheeler got it started up while one pushed the gas it went dwn in a enbankment where the wheeler flipped on the boys im so so sorry for this it breaks my heart and for the ones talkin shut on here i cn tell u some low dwn i might even kno u and better bee glad ur names arent posted cause tht is the most disrespectful thing u cn do so many prayers out for both families
MotherOfThe2yrOl d

Dyersburg, TN

#54 Sep 17, 2012
I am the mother of the 2 yr old that was involved in the accident. I was not there at the time of the accident. My son and his father were visiting his grandfather and they were all playing outside. My son was playing on a non running 50cc four wheeler. The family wasnt aware that the key was left on in the four wheeler. The four wheeler also came to play on the four wheeler. We are unaware of how the four wheeler got started. As soon as my husband heard it crank up he took off running to the four wheeler, the gas was pushed before he could get to it and the accident happened!
atv rider

United States

#55 Sep 17, 2012
Well this story is not adding up at all, I know for a fact that u can't start a 4 wheeler if it in gear, and the child being 4 how did they start it, if it is clutch, how was the child able to put it in gear, must be a tall 4 year old, a adult had to start it for them and put it in gear for them, and if the parents were outside like your claiming then they would have seen the keys in it, heard it start and would have jumped up and stopped it. Your story makes the parents look worse for not watching them and not stopping it. To many holes in the story...

Dyersburg, TN

#56 Sep 17, 2012
Who are the families involved?

Jackson, TN

#57 Sep 17, 2012
like others I have been on that very same street and saw people riding their 4 wheelers and I don't know why they were not put away before then. Why would someone even leave a key in one if they are not supposed to be riding it in the city? I think our lawmakers need to take care of things and prevent this kind of thing from happening. Why would you even let a kid play on something like that much less a toddler?
MotherOfThe2yrOl d

Dyersburg, TN

#58 Sep 17, 2012
It doesn't matter what I say to try to defend myself everyone has their own comment and their own questions. The families are still questionioning the incident themselves. All I can do is try and justify and inform those who were not there what happened.
Dana

Dyersburg, TN

#59 Sep 17, 2012
bitch wrote:
First off its illegal to ride in the city, secondly why didn't they have helmets on, and third 16 is the age to operate a atv. I have no sympathy for irresponsible parents. They did this to their own children. Just like parents letting their children ride on the mower while they mow the law. That's just plum ignorant. I have two small children and yes they wear helmets while riding their bikes and no we do not own a atv. They have to live with that for the rest of their lives. This could have been prevented. I hope they suffer too. That baby didn't have to die. Peice of sh#t parents.
The children were playing in the yard and the 2yr old WAS being supervised by his father, as a matter of fact he was putting their belongings into the car so that they could leave the area..the owner of the 4wheeler was unaware that his child had left the key in it and the younger children were sitting on the seat when one of them (playing like little boys do) turned the key and pushed the throttle. The 2yr old father realized that it was running, tried to reach them but was unable to get to them before it went out of control. It was a terrible terrible accident that took a child's life. The children weren't riding the 4wheeler so therefore there was no need for helmets.

Now that you know what happened (even thought I truly don't think its any of your business) I would suggest to you that you, stop being such a judgmentally person and maybe try praying for the 2 family's involved. You say that you have children the ages of these boys...so why on earth, you would feel that it was your place to assume the things that you have, and take it upon yourself to state you opinion on untrue facts is beyond me. Accidents happen, the time it takes to swat a fly is all that is needed for things to turn tragic sometimes...so please try and be a little bit kinder with your words and learn to speak about only those things that you know the facts about...using cruel words and judging someone sometimes will cause that Karma Bus to turn your world upside down.

My grandson is home from Memphis today and sleeping like a little angel, he doesn't know that his friend wont be there anymore to bang sticks on the house or high five him, or share snacks with. So why don't you try praying for him? He thinks that his friend is OK
A mother lost her baby yesterday how about you try and show just a little bit of compassion that woman's world is forever changed.

Now I am 100% sure that you are going to come on here and try and say something ugly and cruel as a reply...but I have decided that I will not have a battle of wits with you over a situation that you are totally clueless about...I will pray for you along with the parents of the children. Since my son is the father of the 2yr old I know that SOMEONE like you doesn't matter and I will keep him safe from your kind of evil...you keep being cruel and selfish and wishing the bad things that you wish on others and again I will pray that you get better...

Now that I have let you know how I feel about the things that you have said (against my better judgement) I am going to have all of your heartless and uncalled for comments removed.
Neighbor

Jackson, TN

#60 Sep 17, 2012
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
The children were playing in the yard and the 2yr old WAS being supervised by his father, as a matter of fact he was putting their belongings into the car so that they could leave the area..the owner of the 4wheeler was unaware that his child had left the key in it and the younger children were sitting on the seat when one of them (playing like little boys do) turned the key and pushed the throttle. The 2yr old father realized that it was running, tried to reach them but was unable to get to them before it went out of control. It was a terrible terrible accident that took a child's life. The children weren't riding the 4wheeler so therefore there was no need for helmets.
Now that you know what happened (even thought I truly don't think its any of your business) I would suggest to you that you, stop being such a judgmentally person and maybe try praying for the 2 family's involved. You say that you have children the ages of these boys...so why on earth, you would feel that it was your place to assume the things that you have, and take it upon yourself to state you opinion on untrue facts is beyond me. Accidents happen, the time it takes to swat a fly is all that is needed for things to turn tragic sometimes...so please try and be a little bit kinder with your words and learn to speak about only those things that you know the facts about...using cruel words and judging someone sometimes will cause that Karma Bus to turn your world upside down.
My grandson is home from Memphis today and sleeping like a little angel, he doesn't know that his friend wont be there anymore to bang sticks on the house or high five him, or share snacks with. So why don't you try praying for him? He thinks that his friend is OK
A mother lost her baby yesterday how about you try and show just a little bit of compassion that woman's world is forever changed.
Now I am 100% sure that you are going to come on here and try and say something ugly and cruel as a reply...but I have decided that I will not have a battle of wits with you over a situation that you are totally clueless about...I will pray for you along with the parents of the children. Since my son is the father of the 2yr old I know that SOMEONE like you doesn't matter and I will keep him safe from your kind of evil...you keep being cruel and selfish and wishing the bad things that you wish on others and again I will pray that you get better...
Now that I have let you know how I feel about the things that you have said (against my better judgement) I am going to have all of your heartless and uncalled for comments removed.
The kids should have been told to stay off, and allowed to play in another area of the yard. I live in the neighborhood and they are always riding that on city streets anyway. Irresponsible. I think they should be charged with neglect or child endangerment for allowing such things.
the dawg

United States

#61 Sep 17, 2012
@DANA man where can I start.please know that me and my family will keep you all in prayers. Bless his heart..we can't explain it but sometimes things happen out of control. Its out of our hands three years ago my newphew was being babysitted by grandpa.my brother and wife got called at work there had been a accident. They arrived at the hospital to only find out he had lifted to children. Well they weren't told nethang but we all made it to hospital to find out he foot got cut off by lawnmower. He's fine now..moral of story is we we can't control everything, .mmy prayers are always with yall
Neighbor

Jackson, TN

#62 Sep 17, 2012
I think to say that the parents deserved this is wrong though. To use such language is wrong. Speaking the truth is a different story. People are always going to have questions in tragedy especially when it is so senseless. They (the adults) should have known better because the kids could have been hurt pretty bad on something like that when it wasn't moving.
Dana

Dyersburg, TN

#63 Sep 17, 2012
Science wrote:
<quoted text>
Something isn't right here. How did children of that age know how to start an ATV? If the parents were outside at the time then they obviously werem't keeping an eye on there kids. As for as hiding behind a scream name goes, you're talking smack and hiding behind a name as well.
The person that made the post that you left this comment too, just so happens to really be Brooke. She wasn't hiding behind a screen name. And if you have got as far as this post I am making to you then you will know more detail to the situation since I explain it to bitch even though she didn't deserve to know...one last thing, My two year old grandson is bright and a very fast learner, most children are these days...it doesn't take much to learn how to turn a key so please stop trying to make this a worst situation than it already is...for Christ sake a little boy lost his life...pray for him and his mother...her heart got broken probably beyond repair yesterday!
whats up

United States

#64 Sep 17, 2012
well if u live in the neighborhood maybe u should show ur self to see how disrespectful u are this just eats me alive really wish i knew who u were talkin all tht smack mrs dana just face it they have nothing better to do than to write shit on he
re
joe

Trenton, TN

#65 Sep 17, 2012
how old was the little boy they say 7,5,4.9.
Dana

Dyersburg, TN

#66 Sep 17, 2012
Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
The kids should have been told to stay off, and allowed to play in another area of the yard. I live in the neighborhood and they are always riding that on city streets anyway. Irresponsible. I think they should be charged with neglect or child endangerment for allowing such things.
I'm not sure how things are done over there on Wheeler St. but I do know that yesterday was probably the second time in 9 months that my grandson was over there...he has never ever ridden a 4wheeler alone. Yes his father, probably has at some point taken him for a ride around the yard.(Fathers do that with their sons)

Like I said my family members were leaving and unaware that the 4wheeler had been left out where the children could get on it. My boy would never allow his son to play on it, key or no key...
Dana

Dyersburg, TN

#68 Sep 17, 2012
To all of the kind people that are praying for these two family's, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.
You are truly amazing individuals.

Please add those that are saying the cruel things they are saying in your prayers as well...

I am a firm believer that when you speak unkind things about others you do pay for it, at some point in your life and I would imagine that when it comes back around its worse for those that spoke so heartlessly.

AGAIN THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE WITH YOU KINDNESS

Dyersburg, TN

#69 Sep 17, 2012
I still don't see how a child that small could start a four wheeler like that on his on, or put it in gear. This is a tragedy. It could have been prevented but hind sight is 20/20. What matters now is that there is a family who has just lost a child. I have no doubt that they are going through the worst pain imaginable. It is not our place to judge them or add to their sorrow. We need to let them grieve and morn the lost of this little boy and not complicate that by adding hateful remarks on here, no matter how true you feel they are. Most of us are adults and should act as such. Like the saying goes "if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
God is Great (Aug '14) 33 min Rally11 3,181
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 40 min bno 103,345
Too Picky? 2 hr Carmen 4
REWARD cody riggs 2 hr jbb 1
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 2 hr Dickens1 7,943
Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Dec '09) 2 hr Dickens1 9,398
Keep a word drop a word (Jun '14) 4 hr Carmen 302