friend of a friend

Brighton, TN

#21 Nov 14, 2011
delmer is at the med in mem and tripp is at a top childs burn center in cincinatti. a close friend of delmers told me that the dr said if delmer could make it 24 hrs he would have a good chance of living but i didnt get anymore info than that bc he was on his way to mem to be with delmer and fam. i was informed that there will be a foundation set up at first citizens in their name to help with finances. God bless the mcneil family.
friend of family

United States

#22 Nov 14, 2011
One of the family has said that the doctor says tripps lungs are good except for one spot. They have family in Ohio so hannah is not alone up there. As for delmer at 1230the am nothing has changed and he had a 15%wreck chance of living. Pls continue the prayer.
Omg

United States

#23 Nov 14, 2011
Praying for this family. Hope they recover quickly.
praying

United States

#24 Nov 14, 2011
My thoughts and prayers are with this young family. I went to school with the parents and they are great people. I sure hope that everything turns out okay. You never know when something tragic can happen. Tell the ones you love everyday, you never know when it could be the last. If anyone closer to the family gets an accurate update, please post. They need everyones' prayers!
Bambi

Dyersburg, TN

#25 Nov 14, 2011
Does anyone know who the grandparents are of Tripp?
friend

Little Rock, AR

#26 Nov 14, 2011
Delmer is my son's pitching coach, no one can get him to do what Delmer can. This is so tragic Please keep praying. We never know why God does the things he does but he is in control.
concerned person

Sioux City, IA

#27 Nov 14, 2011
I'm so sorry to hear that bout this father n son.. this is so sad that all this is happenin in dyersburg,tn...I pray that this dad n husband makes it threw everything safely n i pray that this baby boy doesnt have alot of pain n that god will touch his lil soul n take away all the pain... That he pulls threw this n is the most powerful lil boy when he recovers....Plz keep us all up dated on this plz...my prayers are with the whole family....May god bless u as u have to go threw all this hurt n heartache.....
concerned friend

Sioux City, IA

#28 Nov 14, 2011
Delmer also coaches my son and has done for long time. We are extremely concerned. If anyone has update on how he is today PLEASE post on here his condition. We are praying for him and Tripp. May God watch over them and their family through this horrific ordeal.
Bill

Hornsby, TN

#29 Nov 14, 2011
Friend wrote:
<quoted text>You have heard. They need our prayers. I heard that there was a gas leak and the grill caused the house to explode and Tripp had ran in the house to get his dog and his dad went after him.This is a wonderful young family.
Please do not speculate on the reason. Too many rumors spread that way. Wait until the facts come out for sure. I did hear there was a woman with a phone taking video. Is she that blood thirsty? She should be ashamed. What is she going to do, play it back for amusement? Hasn`t this family suffered enough?
prayer

Jackson, TN

#30 Nov 14, 2011
Lord once again today i come to you and ask that you would touch the bodies delmer and tripp mcneil and heal them lord..they are a blessing to so many people...lord i pray you would be with their family God and strengthen them and comfort them in this time of tragedy..we know with you Lord all things all possible..we love you lord and we praise you and we ask it all in the name of jesus...amen...please take time to say a prayer for this family..think about it..what if it was one of your loved ones...
concerned friend

Sioux City, IA

#31 Nov 14, 2011
Please Someone put an update and let us know if he made it throught the night! Im so worried
oleblue

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#32 Nov 14, 2011
Delmer McNeil??Little Delmer?
reader

Jackson, TN

#33 Nov 14, 2011
Channel 5 is going to have a story about this today.
anon

Sioux City, IA

#34 Nov 14, 2011
Channel five reported at Lunch that the father is in critical but stable condition. The little boy is at a Shriner's hospital in Cincinnati and is stable and is scheduled to have the first of many skin grafts on Thursday. They reported that he will need at least 10 such surgeries. The news is supposed to have further information this evening. too much sadness in Dyer county.
Postings From Facebook

Jackson, TN

#35 Nov 14, 2011
This was posted by Little Delmer's uncle.... Shannon McNeil This is Shannon McNeil ..... Lil Delmers uncle as of midnight nothing has changed with him he is In critical condition with lungs in pretty poor shape but he is a tough young man and he will overcome all ... Tripp was airlifted to Shriners in Cinn, Ohio landed I believe at 1230 the only word we've gotten is that his lungs are In good shape other than one spot on one of them ... My older brother Lawain and his family lives in that city so the family will be all connected in all ways ... Thanks so much for all the prayers and thoughts !! If you know my nephew you know that he is a great father ,husband and just a great young man ... I will try to keep it posted

There are accounts set up at both Security Bank and First Citizens National Bank.
Security Bank
C/O McNeil Family Fund
P.O. Box 525
Dyersburg, TN 38025
There is also the account at
First Citizens Bank
C/O McNeil Family
117 Church St
Dyersburg, TN 38024

There is a fund set up at Security Bank for the McNeil Family. The fund has a debit card with it so Hannah will be able to directly access the funds. You can bring your donations to any Security Bank branch in Dyersburg, Newbern, Trimble, or Trenton. You can also mail all checks to:
Security Bank
C/O McNeil Fund
P.O. Box 525
Dyersburg, TN 38025

The Finley School PTO and Faculty and Staff will be having a bake sale Friday morning at school with all proceeds going to the McNeil family. Anyone that can bring items please bring them and help. A jar will also be placed in office also for any donations.

The Finley School PTO and Faculty and Staff will be having a bake sale Friday morning at school with all proceeds going to the McNeil family. Anyone that can bring items please bring them and help. A jar will also be placed in office also for any donations.

Tonight at 7pm we are having a prayer vigil at their house on 20 Joshua Cr in Finley. All are invited to come out. Please bring candles.

These are the most current and seem to be the most accurate postings from Facebook. If you have a facebook, there is a Prayer Vigil page set up for the family where you can post your blessings. "Prayer Chain for Tripp and Delmer McNeil"
oleblue

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#36 Nov 14, 2011
Someone please let me know if this is 'Little' Delmer Mcneil and his son? This is the first Ive heard of this terrible terrible accident.
concerned friend

Sioux City, IA

#37 Nov 14, 2011
yes it is. Delmer who owns Full Count.

Dyersburg, TN

#38 Nov 14, 2011
Hannah's parents are Sandra Hollingsworth and Mike Wright.
oleblue

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#39 Nov 14, 2011
TY, Concerned friend. I know the family. This is way too sad. McNeil family is a great family.Why do such bad things happen to good people?
I Was Told

Sioux City, IA

#40 Nov 14, 2011
I was told that the family got out, took their eyes off the little boy for a split second and he had gon back inside the house.
The father went in after him and they had to exit out a window.
Just now was told they only have a 20% chance of recovery.
This is terrible terrible sad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baseball 4 min taco 4
Dyersburg driving test (Aug '12) 10 min taco 9
Detox help.. 28 min taco 4
You can only fight it for so long (Jul '15) 55 min good reminders 36
The Mexicans Did It Again 1 hr taco 18
Fathers day 3 hr ex 16
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 3 hr Alex Nicole 4,768
Sheriff's office 7 hr pam 66
More from around the web

Personal Finance