23 Executive Orders

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of61
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
impulses

Hurst, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

guest wrote:
yo dipshit!, he cant run again..
haaaaaaa
anon

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sandy Hook wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are you in favor of making it easy for them?
Simple as this: criminals NEVER buy guns legally! They always steal them or smuggle them in through the border. Just as the majority of drug dealers don't get them from their doctor. They steal them!
Well

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jan 20, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

yea right wrote:
<quoted text>
The only difference between a standard and assault rifle is cosmetics. Clip capacity shouldn't be a big deal. 3 10 round clips or 1 30 round clip. This is just an attempt by our gov't to scare Americans into turning over a small amount at a time. So all of you on the left, go ahead, run down to the nearest federal building and drop your guns off, please. As for my family, they will be protected by the guns of this household, because the gov't isn't much in the protection business anymore.
Well the differences start at reload time. If a person runs out of ammo, there's a chance for attack before they can reload. Then we get to firing, umm do I really need to explain the difference there? There is no attempt to scare people. I have over 15 weapons in my house, and I promise I can protect my family with handguns, rifles, and shotguns!!! People have been doing it for years! My dad served many years in the Army, retired with 30 years, and he'll tell you the most reliable gun is a revolver! By the way he's also against people owning assault style weapons, and he was trained to use them. So if he tells me that they don't have a place in the general publics hands, I agree!
anon

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If someone or a group breaks into your house do you want your magazine limited to 7 or ten shots? What if you miss a couple of shots or you hit the would-be killer/rapist but doesn't stop him?

The Feds like Obama, Holder and others will NOT be satisfied with just these few measures. They hate the 2nd Amendment and have made it their goal to destroy for decades...
Whatever

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

anon wrote:
If someone or a group breaks into your house do you want your magazine limited to 7 or ten shots? What if you miss a couple of shots or you hit the would-be killer/rapist but doesn't stop him?
The Feds like Obama, Holder and others will NOT be satisfied with just these few measures. They hate the 2nd Amendment and have made it their goal to destroy for decades...
Y'all are grasping at straws! Nobody is trying to take your hunting rifles, or whatever! Everybody says its my 2nd amendment right, whoopdy doo... What about my right to feel safe, and not shot 30 times by some idiot with a 30 round clip.! Anyone with half a brain knows that the 2nd amendment was meant for militias, and not individuals! However, I own gun several, but I don't have ar-15s in my collection lol! Some of you don't even know what your rights are, you just spout out what people tell you! And you cling to the ones you care about.
anon

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'all are grasping at straws! Nobody is trying to take your hunting rifles, or whatever! Everybody says its my 2nd amendment right, whoopdy doo... What about my right to feel safe, and not shot 30 times by some idiot with a 30 round clip.! Anyone with half a brain knows that the 2nd amendment was meant for militias, and not individuals! However, I own gun several, but I don't have ar-15s in my collection lol! Some of you don't even know what your rights are, you just spout out what people tell you! And you cling to the ones you care about.
Nobody will shoot you if you don't break into their house! Besides there is no "right" to "feel safe" in the Constitution. I'm not "spouting what others tell me". I know the Constitution from studying it in college. When you allow people like Obama to start chipping away at your Constitutional rights then little by little they start to vanish...
Whatever

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody will shoot you if you don't break into their house! Besides there is no "right" to "feel safe" in the Constitution. I'm not "spouting what others tell me". I know the Constitution from studying it in college. When you allow people like Obama to start chipping away at your Constitutional rights then little by little they start to vanish...
Tell the parents of the children killed at Sandy Hook that...Oh, the Constitution in its entirety is about our right to feel safe! By the way EVERYBODY on Topix has a college degree! Didn't you know that all ready! I have one too!
anon

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell the parents of the children killed at Sandy Hook that...Oh, the Constitution in its entirety is about our right to feel safe! By the way EVERYBODY on Topix has a college degree! Didn't you know that all ready! I have one too!
Please cite the Amendment that says you have a "right to feel safe". Somehow I must have missed that one. Is that like Obama's "right" to take someone elses money b/c you don't have as much?

If there were a "right" to "feel safe" then who do you sue when your safety is threatened? Constitutional rights are those that are specifically laid out in writing! Free speech, right to own/bear arms, quartering of troops, protection against search & seizure, due process, rights reserved to states, etc.

It is painfully obvious our schools need to teach the Constitution again (along with the Founding of our Country). The ignorance here is very plain to see.
Whatever

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Read your second paragraph very thoroughly!
Whatever

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I could interpret this amendment as my right to feel safe!

AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Whatever

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

What about this one...

TENTH AMENDMENT
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Con- stitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
anon

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Whatever wrote:
I could interpret this amendment as my right to feel safe!
AMENDMENT XIV
SECTION 1.
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
This has to do with due process and your legal rights if arrested, etc. It has nothing to do with a "right to feel safe". Please tell me you know better than this.
Whatever

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

That's like me telling you to know that the 2nd amendment was meant for militias and not individuals. This also includes protection, as does the 2nd amendment. You're the one twisting everything to say what you want it to. Let me ask you this what was the purpose of the constitution?
anon

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Whatever wrote:
What about this one...
TENTH AMENDMENT
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Con- stitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
Once again you show an alarming ignorance of the Bill of Rights. The 10th Amendment means this: anything or any rights not written into the Constitution (all Amendments) is reserved to the states. In other words, if the Constitution is silent on an issue the states have this right to do as they see fit (as long as it isn't contrary to the Constitution). It's very simple really.

I repeat, if there were a "right to feel safe" then you could sue the police for not keeping you safe! "Rights" are guaranteed by the Constitution and if you had a 'right to feel safe" then you could sue if someone took that right away. The police or a burglar could be sued. Just as you can sue if someone restricts your right to free speech or right to worship as you see fit.
Whatever

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jan 21, 2013
 
Answer my question....What was the purpose of the constitution?
anon

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Whatever wrote:
That's like me telling you to know that the 2nd amendment was meant for militias and not individuals. This also includes protection, as does the 2nd amendment. You're the one twisting everything to say what you want it to. Let me ask you this what was the purpose of the constitution?
READ the Constitution! The 2nd Amendment guarantees our right to "own & bear arms". Don't read more into it than what is there. The purpose of the Constitution was to LIMIT the scope of the Federal Government! Read the Federalist papers sometime. I'm not twisting anything. It is people like you who know little to nothing about the Founding of the country and the Constitution. It is ignorance like your's that is hurting our country.
Whatever

Ripley, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Another question where do laws come from? Umm, what's the purpose of having laws? If a person can't feel safe then why have laws? This could go on and on. So, I'm going to get back on topic. The topic at hand is about GUNS, nobody needs assault weapons, there's a reason why they were banned in the first place. That ban shouldn't have been lifted! Maybe those children that died at Sandy Hook, would still be alive, and maybe the people that died at the theater in Auroa would still be here, had not the shooters had AR-15s....
i see europeans

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jan 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Whatever wrote:
Answer my question....What was the purpose of the constitution?
To establish a federal government for the United States of America and to delegate to the federal government certain, limited (and enumerated) powers.
Stan

Greenwood, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

You guys act like Obama is the first president to issue executive orders. That was actually George Washington. If you are offended to the core about Obama's executive orders, you should be equally offended with Bush's which decimated the 4th amendment.
Lemmy Stomps Terra

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, uhhh- Yeah.
Stan wrote:
You guys act like Obama is the first president to issue executive orders. That was actually George Washington. If you are offended to the core about Obama's executive orders, you should be equally offended with Bush's which decimated the 4th amendment.
My Privacy & my Weapons are both very important to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of61
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

173 Users are viewing the Dyersburg Forum right now

Search the Dyersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 min Peggy 124,329
curtis tyler missing (Jul '12) 4 min mee 4,899
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 15 min Mrs Tea 95,283
Houses for rent 36 min Dixie-me 5
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 39 min NTMD8OR 58,286
I need a loan 54 min lomax 4
doug singletary drunk 1 hr I know 2
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 3 hr Dixie-me 5,979
whos the biggest joke in this election 5 hr guest2 34
Nancy Grace 14 hr son 29
•••
•••
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••