of 10
Next Last
jesuswasliberal

Union, MO

#258 Mar 11, 2013
Living by faith wrote:
<quoted text>
John 14:6 Jesus Christ(God) speaking
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the TRUTH, and the LIFE: no cometh unto the Father, but by me.
John 8:32 Jesus Christ (the Creator of the Universe) speaking
And ye shall KNOW THE TRUTH, and the TRUTH shall MAKE YOU FREE.
Free from Sin, Satan, Self, Stupidity (evolving from a single cell blank into a mindless FOOL) and Slander against God.
The next time you get sick just pray it away...If you see a doctor you will burn in hell.

http://youtu.be/MyxxTT5la6Q
God fearing woman

Santa Barbara, CA

#261 Mar 12, 2013
If there was no heaven Id rather live for God everyday anyways Life is so much better living for God then not

Hellbilly 1

Since: May 10

South Sioux City, NE

#262 Mar 12, 2013
God fearing woman wrote:
If there was no heaven Id rather live for God everyday anyways Life is so much better living for God then not
That's an opinion, but I have no restrictions in my life unlike you. So, how could you be so sure?
jesuswasliberal

Union, MO

#263 Mar 12, 2013
Living by faith wrote:
SO
Adaptation of Viruses is the same thing as "EVOLVING" from a single cell ??? into, drum roll...., A MONKEY BRAIN DARWIDIOT? And this is called SCIENCE???
Good thing "Evolution" stopped when it did. Imagine having all the worlds cars, computers and elevators and no one able to use them because everyone EVOLVED into a Hiporhinosnakeopolis!
That was a very christian response...Hear the word "HYPOCRITE" much? LMAO!!!
gilbo12345

Park Holme, Australia

#264 Aug 12, 2013
You have to love how the evolutionists claim belief in evolution is tantamount to science...

Perhaps consider that there is no EMPIRICAL evidence for evolution.

Fossils- past event cannot do an experiment to determine if "evolution did it". Observing similarities / differences is simply observing similarities / differences, adding your own assumption as the conclusion is not scientific.

DNA similarity- Gaps are added by the computer programs used to force similarity between the samples used, thus making the data arbitrary and not indicative of reality. Why are these gaps added? Because its assumed evolution has occured and changes to the DNA has been inherited over time... thus resulting in circular reasoning.

"Junk" DNA- 80% of DNA has been shown to have function, despite only a fraction of that are protein coding. I predict this will increase to close to 100%

Antibiotic resistance (small changes)- As I mentioned before there is NO evidence to support the claim that small changes add up to larger ones. This is an evolutionist assumption, and assuming the conclusion is not science.

Additionally we now know that resistance is found in ancient bacteria meaning its function already existed, ergo resistance didn't "evolve" all what happened was that the resistance gene became more pronounced in a population.

In fact we have evidence that this is not the case, evolutionists will tell you Darwins finches' beaks changed during a drought yet they will "forget" to say that after the drought the beaks population % went back to as they were before, indicating oscillating change rather than a lasting change. If change is simply oscillating then evolution cannot occur since it is based on assumed lasting change which becomes fixed in a population.

I suggest students and others go read up on what the evolutionist doesn't tell you, as others have said much of the claims by evolutionists have been debunked.
gilbo12345

Park Holme, Australia

#265 Aug 12, 2013
You have to love how the evolutionists claim belief in evolution is tantamount to science...

Perhaps consider that there is no EMPIRICAL evidence for evolution.

Fossils- past event cannot do an experiment to determine if "evolution did it". Observing similarities / differences is simply observing similarities / differences, adding your own assumption as the conclusion is not scientific.

DNA similarity- Gaps are added by the computer programs used to force similarity between the samples used, thus making the data arbitrary and not indicative of reality. Why are these gaps added? Because its assumed evolution has occured and changes to the DNA has been inherited over time... thus resulting in circular reasoning.

"Junk" DNA- 80% of DNA has been shown to have function, despite only a fraction of that are protein coding. I predict this will increase to close to 100%

Antibiotic resistance (small changes)- As I mentioned before there is NO evidence to support the claim that small changes add up to larger ones. This is an evolutionist assumption, and assuming the conclusion is not science.

Additionally we now know that resistance is found in ancient bacteria meaning its function already existed, ergo resistance didn't "evolve" all what happened was that the resistance gene became more pronounced in a population.

In fact we have evidence against evolution, evolutionists will tell you Darwins finches' beaks changed during a drought yet they will "forget" to say that after the drought the beaks population % went back to as they were before, indicating oscillating change rather than a lasting change. If change is simply oscillating then evolution cannot occur since it is based on assumed lasting change which becomes fixed in a population.

I suggest students and others go read up on what the evolutionist doesn't tell you, as others have said much of the claims by evolutionists have been debunked.
Bingo Born

Rosendale, NY

#266 Aug 13, 2013
I so love how creationists try to reduce the evidence and scientific support for evolution to belief. They forget that Creationism only has belief for support.

No empirical evidence for evolution?

Observable Evidence:

Peppered Moths
Three-toed Skinks
New England Blue Mussels
Italian Wall Lizards
Cane Toads
Blue Moon Butterfly

Feathered Dinosaurs:

Where once there was only Archeopteryx there is at this time 34 known species of dinosaurs. Study of the fossils shows a change from the solid shaft feathers to the hollow shaft ones more suited to flight

Feathers found in amber show characteristics of both dinosaurs and birds.

Transitional fossils:

There are many transitional fossils (200 listed on Wikipedia alone) that help us see and understand evolution better.

Evidence and empirical evidence exists but is ignored by creationists in a vain attempt to prove evolution doesn't exist

Yes everyone should do research if they are not sure. The evidence is there and does support evolution and unless you have your head stuck in the sand it will be easy to see.
Bingo Born

Rosendale, NY

#267 Aug 13, 2013
God fearing woman wrote:
Yes we can especially see what religion does for us when we look at the pedophile priests
gilbo12345

Park Holme, Australia

#269 Sep 15, 2013
BioBabe wrote:
"Scientific facts" consist if information that has been tested and proven. You simply cannot argue with science. How else do you think we've been able to come this far in medicine? How do you know what "healthy food" to put in your body is? How do we know about weather? How do we know about bacteria, viruses, molecules and atoms? SCIENCE!
Medicine is a subset of Biology not evolution
Bacterial studies are a part of Microbiology (Viruses is Virology), not evolution.
Weather is Meteorology again not evolution.

Are you implying that evolution is a scientific fact?

I think you are getting ahead of yourself since in order for it to be such there needs to be empirical evidence to support it. Perhaps consider my post before, my call for the evidence linking small changes to larger ones.

Now before you waffle on about fossils and such let me debunk them in advance. The scientific method dictates that when an observation is made there is a hypothesis then an experiment is done to verify the hypothesis.

If this is the case lets take the example of fossils (or DNA / morphology for that matter).

Observation: Similarity in fossils (or DNA and morphology)
Hypothesis: "evolution did it"
Experiment:?????????

What experiment is done to verify the hypothesis that evolution was the actual cause of what is being observed? As it stands there are no experiments because its a past event, scientists cannot experiment on the past (at least until we have a time machine), meaning this "evidence" of evolution simply ASSUMES evolution is true without verifying it actually is...(Meaning its not evidence of anything since we cannot know if it is the correct interpretation of the observation).

Does assuming the conclusion seem scientific to you? Where in the scientific method does it state, "assume your hypothesis is the correct conclusion"?

Its a sad state of affairs when people who are taught science still cannot realise the issue here and see that evolution is wholly unscientific.

If you'd like to disagree please feel free to post up some EXPERIMENTS that directly verify the hypothesis 'evolution did it'. Experiments are observable, repeatable, measurable and falsifiable.
gilbo12345

Park Holme, Australia

#270 Sep 15, 2013
Bingo Born wrote:
I so love how creationists try to reduce the evidence and scientific support for evolution to belief. They forget that Creationism only has belief for support.

Observable Evidence:
Peppered Moths
Three-toed Skinks
New England Blue Mussels
Italian Wall Lizards
Cane Toads
Blue Moon Butterfly

Feathered Dinosaurs:
Where once there was only Archeopteryx there is at this time 34 known species of dinosaurs. Study of the fossils shows a change from the solid shaft feathers to the hollow shaft ones more suited to flight

Transitional fossils:
There are many transitional fossils (200 listed on Wikipedia alone) that help us see and understand evolution better.
Evidence and empirical evidence exists but is ignored by creationists in a vain attempt to prove evolution doesn't exist
Yes everyone should do research if they are not sure. The evidence is there and does support evolution and unless you have your head stuck in the sand it will be easy to see.
Care to demonstrate how such is evidence of the large scale change I mentioned earlier?

Moths change in different ratio of colours, no NEW trait was observed, no change in species was observed... Only a variation in the ratio of an established trait... Such is not evidence to claim molecules to man evolution, I think your imagination is running wild here man. Also consider that the peppered moth experiment has been deemed a hoax, the moths were artificially stuck onto the trunks since they normally do not land there.... So yeah....

Archeopteryx is now believed to be a dead-end offshoot, NOT a transition. You really need to get some updated info.

I've never heard of any studies with dinosaurs and ACTUAL feathers, only spines which evolutionists assume 'evolved' into feathers... somehow... Perhaps you can post some links.

There are no transitional fossils since there is no "line of progression" demonstrating the progressive evolution of the new traits, all we ever see are huge jumps in morphology which are huge leaps of faith on the part of the evolutionist.

However it seems by your reply you do not understand what the word EMPIRICAL means... It means observable, repeatable, measurable and falsifiable... Can the supposed evolution of the Archeopteryx be observed? No its a past event... Is it repeatable? No, is it measurable? No, is it falsifiable? No, since there can be no experiment done to falsify any other competing hypothesises.

Citing ad hoc assumptions as empirical evidence is really intellectually dishonest. I suggest you do some more research into REAL science and how it is conducted rather than cite the tired arguments from pro-evolutionist sites...
gilbo12345

Park Holme, Australia

#272 Sep 15, 2013
Bingo Born wrote:
Observable Evidence:
Peppered Moths
Three-toed Skinks
New England Blue Mussels
Italian Wall Lizards
Cane Toads
Blue Moon Butterfly
Feathered Dinosaurs:
Transitional fossils:
Additionally did you not read my post which was above yours? I mention how fossils are not evidence by being a past event meaning there can be no experiments on them, meaning our interpretation of the supposed events are not scientific since the scientific method demands experiments to verify a hypothesis...

Why mention Archeopteryx or supposed "feather" spines when I had already debunked fossil evidence in general? You don't understand it?

Google scientific method... What comes after hypothesis? Experiment, yes. What scientific experiments can you do on a past event?

You realise that adding assumptions into the mix ensures that its no longer scientific?
Jim

Greenwood, MS

#273 Sep 17, 2013
Not only is it real, we are finally understanding the mechanics behind it thanks to advances in DNA ... http://video.pbs.org/video/1372073556/
Rain

Greenwood, MS

#275 Sep 17, 2013
Living by faith wrote:
Once again to all you Darwidiots-
If Evolution (Macro Evolution meaning a known Species becoming a brand new Species) actually occurred, there would be piles and piles and piles of EVIDENCE (bones, fossils, etc.)
Consider the hundreds and thousands of known Species living today. Now extrapolate that figure backwards just a Million years (Darwidiots claim it was several Million years). You wouldn't be able to exist for the BONES, FOSSILES and GRAVES. AND "EVIDENCE"!
Does your faith hinge on this issue? The Catholic Church (and most others) acknowledge that evolution is real. You have made up and shut your mind, that's fine. Why the name calling?
Jim

Greenwood, MS

#277 Sep 18, 2013
What Darwin Never Knew ... http://video.pbs.org/video/1372073556/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dyersburg driving test (Aug '12) 26 min Just me 11
yes you 26 min guest 7
Detox help.. 43 min Lol 8
Why to women do this? 43 min H E L L O 11
One day 1 hr Lol 48
Sheriff's office 2 hr Guest 76
NWA Midsouth 2 hr Mr. Marshall 54

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance