jobs for felons that have really changed
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CWB

Benton, KY

#21 Jun 12, 2010
guest wrote:
most get checks, spend their checks on dope, pills stay drunk eat at the union mission, no responsibilities at all. must be damn nice.
they go and eat and some half crazed woman will load up gher favorite dopes and drunks with sandwiches and food to last for days, while they spend their money on drugs and whiskey and anything else pills , meth, crack, cocaine, anything else .that's what they spend their money on and court cost for doing crimes to people in and out of jail, and lying on top of that.
pretty good,you seem to have first hand knowledge,or you seem to know people in general or you are just an IDIOT,,i choose the latter!
GROBELFLOBER

Sioux City, IA

#22 Jun 12, 2010
I didn't read all this, but if you're looking for a job, good luck.

I'm NOT a felon. I had a decent resume & work experience in several areas. I was out of work for nearly a year and couldn't find any sort of work around here.

I finally got lucky and that was only due to a personal contact.

Felon or not, it's gonna be tough in this burg for most folks even if you're lookin to flip burgers or sweep floors.
gloria

Newbern, TN

#23 Jun 12, 2010
GROBELFLOBER wrote:
I didn't read all this, but if you're looking for a job, good luck.
I'm NOT a felon. I had a decent resume & work experience in several areas. I was out of work for nearly a year and couldn't find any sort of work around here.
I finally got lucky and that was only due to a personal contact.
Felon or not, it's gonna be tough in this burg for most folks even if you're lookin to flip burgers or sweep floors.
Yea but it seems the jobs flippin burgers are reserved for the younger people. And as far as Dburg. ITS GOING DOWN>
dirty

United States

#24 Jun 13, 2010
Guest u are so full of shit. I work everyday and take care of my family simple minded ppl like u are what's wrong wit this world today. If more ppl would look for good in ppl instead of judging what they don't know who's world mite be a better place
Deborah

Chicago, IL

#25 Jul 15, 2013
republibracrat wrote:
Heckethorn hired me as a 'felon' and I worked there for dalmost 5 years before moving away. You could try there.
I am a felon convicted of tenncare fraud in live in Jackson Tennessee where is Heckethorn

Boise, ID

#26 Jul 15, 2013
guest wrote:
People that have a bad credit rating are even getting turned down for jobs. I feel your credit rating is no ones business. I feel everyone wants to complain about felons not getting a job but the truth is people don't believe in giving second chances. Once you are every in trouble the saying is you are always trouble. I don't believe that way and if I had a business I would be willing to give a person a second chance. There are people out there going to work everyday the is high or using drugs and they just don't get caught but believe me you they are the first people to point the finger. I have never been in trouble but I know people who have been and it is hard.
Employers use credit rating to gauge responsibility. It is a VALID check. If you are not responsible enough to pay your bills on time, what makes them think that you would be responsible enough to do whatever job they have open? They don't know you, all they have to go on is what is provided. Your credit is your lifeline, remember that.

Boise, ID

#27 Jul 15, 2013
republibracrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you hire someone who had a felony come up on a background check that was not accurate? They DC court system put me in as a felon after a simple possession charge in 2005. I didn't know about it until I applied for a job and got turned down at my interview for being a felon. I had to call and get the court clerk to fix it. There's no telling how many jobs I've missed out on because of a clerical error. They said they would send a notarized letter head to any company that turned me down saying that It was an error. It's a little to late for that now, the jobs are filled.
Well, you are grown, and smart enough to know that posession of drugs is illegal, but you did it anyways. It doesn't matter how you personally feel about drugs, facts are, they are illegal to posess, and you did it anyways, what does that say about you to a potential employer? It says that you don't care about rules, and you are going to do whatever you like, employers will pass on you everytime.
maybeornot

Sioux City, IA

#28 Jul 17, 2013
Sometimes a person's credit rating goes down due to job loss. I understand if everything on a credit report is unpaid, but you really have to look at the big picture and ask questions.
Landlord2 wrote:
Employers use a credit rating to gauge responsibility. If you can't pay your bills on time, or refuse to hold up your end of an agreement, they may not want you to have a job with them, you are too much of a risk.

Henderson, TN

#29 Jul 19, 2013
There is a second chance program by the Governor for felons to complete a course and they remove 1 felony. Call your probation office and ask them the name and number of the place.
myfamily4

United States

#30 Mar 30, 2016
I have had the same problem I've been interview by owners of constructions sites I have skills n paperwork promoting my skills I committed a crime in 1999 n it still rides my back people say they spend there money on drugs on booze n women but wat about the people who actually have changed there life snice I've been out I haven't been in no trouble I've gotten married have started a family staying within the laws of righteousness but people say if u r it won't count against u oh it does no one pointing the finger at no one we all grown we should hold up for our wrongs n rights n I was wrong 17yrs ago but I've paid my dues long enough don't u think people say this but u ever wonder if this was ure son or daughter on this site speaking there mind white or black but they was a felon just cause one does an continue to do wrong that doesnt mean u have to compare the rest to them cause underneath that stain we have we still human

Dyersburg, TN

#33 Mar 31, 2016
most company will make you wait for 90 days before you are full time. if you do a good job for them, why not give a person the 2nd chance God gives us a second chance, why not the company.
Zip

Dyersburg, TN

#37 Apr 4, 2016
They are all not the same! I know of one who has changed his life around, doin great for. 4 yrs now.
SSS

Dyersburg, TN

#38 Apr 4, 2016
myfamily4 wrote:
I have had the same problem I've been interview by owners of constructions sites I have skills n paperwork promoting my skills I committed a crime in 1999 n it still rides my back people say they spend there money on drugs on booze n women but wat about the people who actually have changed there life snice I've been out I haven't been in no trouble I've gotten married have started a family staying within the laws of righteousness but people say if u r it won't count against u oh it does no one pointing the finger at no one we all grown we should hold up for our wrongs n rights n I was wrong 17yrs ago but I've paid my dues long enough don't u think people say this but u ever wonder if this was ure son or daughter on this site speaking there mind white or black but they was a felon just cause one does an continue to do wrong that doesnt mean u have to compare the rest to them cause underneath that stain we have we still human
Eemco and SRG hires felons. I know your pain good luck!
Doc Feelgood

Cabot, AR

#39 Apr 4, 2016
Deborah wrote:
<quoted text> I am a felon convicted of tenncare fraud in live in Jackson Tennessee where is Heckethorn
Have you tried Delta in Jackson? Some temp services too?
Yyy

Newbern, TN

#40 Apr 4, 2016
Do a Google search for "felony friendly jobs" or call some of the substance abuse treatment clinics. They usually have a list. There are quite a few out there, if they are hiring. They aint all glamous but you do what you have to do to mend past mistakes. Good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Misty and Chad edwards 50 min Pix 1
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 1 hr Impulse 4,985
totally deluded and out of touch with reality. 1 hr Susie 5
Who hung them self last night? 1 hr guest 21
Trump Tax Plan Trillions From U.S. Coffers to t... 2 hr REDS don t care 1
Strippers who call themselves entertainers 2 hr Amber 1
Zachery Lynn Garner - convicted murderer (Apr '10) 3 hr Jessica C 57

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance