jobs for felons that have really changed

Posted in the Dyersburg Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
unknown

Milan, TN

#1 May 31, 2010
I am a felon. My felon is actually back from 2005. I really regret the mistakes I have made in my past and i am trying my hardest to work towards a new future. I have started making changes to better my future and i am determined to contiue doing so. I have currently applied to start college part time in the fall. I am currently looking for a job and have found there are not many jobs available at this time and especially for felons. If you or anyone you know have any jobs available and beleive in giving people second chances please let me know. I can promise you wont be disappointed and i would be especially grateful. You can reach me by emailing me and leaving your name and number at [email protected]
just saying

Mt Meadows Area, CA

#2 May 31, 2010
unknown wrote:
I am a felon. My felon is actually back from 2005. I really regret the mistakes I have made in my past and i am trying my hardest to work towards a new future. I have started making changes to better my future and i am determined to contiue doing so. I have currently applied to start college part time in the fall. I am currently looking for a job and have found there are not many jobs available at this time and especially for felons. If you or anyone you know have any jobs available and beleive in giving people second chances please let me know. I can promise you wont be disappointed and i would be especially grateful. You can reach me by emailingme a felonand leaving your name and number at [email protected]
Tyson in Union City...If they are still open...Idk for sure but my ex is a felon & he went 2 work there as soon as he got out...
Dyersburg resident

Sioux City, IA

#3 May 31, 2010
What was your felony? Sometimes it depends on what you were convicted of.
unknown

Milan, TN

#4 May 31, 2010
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>Tyson in Union City...If they are still open...Idk for sure but my ex is a felon & he went 2 work there as soon as he got out...
Do you happen to know if you go through Tyson or a temp service. Do you also know of any other jobs in Dyersburg or Lauderdale county that allow people with felonys on thier records that are hiring?
GEorge

Benton, KY

#5 May 31, 2010
man i have been dealing with my convictions for auto theft for 16 years,,i stole my girlfriends car back in 1994 and was convicted on theft over 10k,without so much as spitting on the sidewalk since,,i still have trouble finding work when i need too,the background checks are getting more and more intensive,,best thing to do is lie about it,,if they find out then atleast you tried,,its damned if you do and damned if you dont,people wonder why recidivism is so bad!
GEorge

Benton, KY

#6 May 31, 2010
this is a subject that is long overdue for a discussion.
sotrue

Sioux City, IA

#7 May 31, 2010
yea it's really hard i know someone that went to work in a good factory he worked there almost 2 yrs was makin really good money and complained with his back and well it wasn't but a few days and they fired him and this felony this person has wasn't about nothing but the thing was they let this person work there 2 yrs before they done any checkin around and they only done that b/c of back problems and thought they where gonna be sued! it's not right i think if the crime isn't so bad and ur tryin and u have changed ur life for the better then u deserve a second chance!
chances

Humboldt, TN

#8 May 31, 2010
I think felons deserve a chance but lots of people are so judgemental.
its sad but

Erin, TN

#9 May 31, 2010
A charge doesnt't have to be a felony for it to haunt you- a misdemeanor drug charge can carry the same grief as a felony when job searching...these days employers are doing such extensive background checks and holding such high standards in reference to a potenial employees history that even a speeding ticket can cost you a job.

Memphis, TN

#10 May 31, 2010
People that have a bad credit rating are even getting turned down for jobs. I feel your credit rating is no ones business. I feel everyone wants to complain about felons not getting a job but the truth is people don't believe in giving second chances. Once you are every in trouble the saying is you are always trouble. I don't believe that way and if I had a business I would be willing to give a person a second chance. There are people out there going to work everyday the is high or using drugs and they just don't get caught but believe me you they are the first people to point the finger. I have never been in trouble but I know people who have been and it is hard.
Landlord2

Sioux City, IA

#11 May 31, 2010
Employers use a credit rating to gauge responsibility. If you can't pay your bills on time, or refuse to hold up your end of an agreement, they may not want you to have a job with them, you are too much of a risk.
wondering

United States

#12 Jun 1, 2010
What kind of work are you looking for?
Irrational

Sioux City, IA

#13 Jun 1, 2010
I agree with people getting second chances to an extent. The problem is that there are so many people looking for jobs that do not have a felony on their record, it is making it almost impossible for a convicted felon to get a job. Dont blame it on the background checks. The felons arent the victims. It is their fault that it is on their record in the first place. If I were a business owner I wouldn't hire a convicted felon unless they were the only application that I had. With the job market the way that it is today, that isnt likely.
dirty

United States

#14 Jun 1, 2010
Yea have felonies also and glad to hear it bettering yourself. I work at Bennett tool and die and if ur willing to work they will give u a chance. Good Luck and stay strong.
sukit

Erin, TN

#15 Jun 1, 2010
Irrational wrote:
I agree with people getting second chances to an extent. The problem is that there are so many people looking for jobs that do not have a felony on their record, it is making it almost impossible for a convicted felon to get a job. Dont blame it on the background checks. The felons arent the victims. It is their fault that it is on their record in the first place. If I were a business owner I wouldn't hire a convicted felon unless they were the only application that I had. With the job market the way that it is today, that isnt likely.
Landlord 2 & irrational are probably the kind of judgemental people that have the crooked like charlie dyer & some of the others like in their back pocket...regardless of what someone g
does they shold be punished according to the severity of their crime and given the chance once they have served their time to be a productive member of society-not be forever judged based on their mistakes or punished based on other people personal view of them- & i'm sorry but who you are is what carry's you not your actions, because there are lots of people who have gotten out of trouble or got slapped on the wrist just because of who they knew, & they didn't learn anything from their mishaps.... JUDGING IS FOR OUR CREATOR- AND WHAT YOU DO TO OTHERS COMES BACK ON YOU TEN FOLD
VOL

Benton, KY

#16 Jun 10, 2010
this needs to be looked at more,i think theres alot of problems being caused by this
republibracrat

Ringgold, GA

#17 Jun 11, 2010
Irrational wrote:
Would you hire someone who had a felony come up on a background check that was not accurate? They DC court system put me in as a felon after a simple possession charge in 2005. I didn't know about it until I applied for a job and got turned down at my interview for being a felon. I had to call and get the court clerk to fix it. There's no telling how many jobs I've missed out on because of a clerical error. They said they would send a notarized letter head to any company that turned me down saying that It was an error. It's a little to late for that now, the jobs are filled.
republibracrat

Ringgold, GA

#18 Jun 11, 2010
Heckethorn hired me as a 'felon' and I worked there for almost 5 years before moving away. You could try there.

Sioux City, IA

#19 Jun 11, 2010
chances wrote:
I think felons deserve a chance but lots of people are so judgemental.
yes, and I am one, I have seen the felons give their sad sob story, I an so sorry , I have changed, they don't they will steal you blind and keep doping and staying drunk and doing crimes, they do not change.

Sioux City, IA

#20 Jun 11, 2010
most get checks, spend their checks on dope, pills stay drunk eat at the union mission, no responsibilities at all. must be damn nice.

they go and eat and some half crazed woman will load up gher favorite dopes and drunks with sandwiches and food to last for days, while they spend their money on drugs and whiskey and anything else pills , meth, crack, cocaine, anything else .that's what they spend their money on and court cost for doing crimes to people in and out of jail, and lying on top of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pregnant and wild 1 min pixie in pigtails 41
Newbern roellen 15 min Kitty 28
Loves Truck Stop/Travel Center (Mar '15) 1 hr joe 21
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 3 hr eye 106,022
Google Topix lawsuits, anon posters are paying up 4 hr SSS 23
Anyone buy used lawn mowers?? (Apr '09) 9 hr Ronald Lando 39
God is Great (Aug '14) 10 hr Paul 3,575

Dyersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance