Crockett County High School student in critical condition after...

Apr 8, 2011 Full story: Jacksonsun.com 227

Dyersburg High School student Christopher Adam Purvis, 18, has been charged with attempted first-degree murder and leaving the scene of an accident with injuries after he was accused of running over a Crockett County High School student with his car following a baseball game between the two schools Thursday night in Dyersburg.

Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Anonymous

Brownsville, TN

#1 Apr 8, 2011
i am currently a sophmore at crockett country high school and the victim is not in very good condition adam purvis of dyersburg thursday night ran over Riley Ward of crockett country because adam had cussed at riley and his gang thenran him over and ran from cops and fuck adam
wonderingy

Tiptonville, TN

#2 Apr 8, 2011
did the pass away? thats what is being told.
person

Dyersburg, TN

#3 Apr 8, 2011
DC..I can understand you being upset and I dont blame you..but this isnt the place for it..Please dont hold all of Dyersburg accountable for the actions of 1..
I do not know either child involved..but my prayers have been with both today...its a sad sad situation any way you look at it..

but anger will only cause others to get hurt...
trojan fan

Dyersburg, TN

#4 Apr 8, 2011
MR. FRYE why dont you just go ahead and cancel all sporting events at the school since neither the players nor certain students seem to know how to conduct themselves in a civilized manner.
trojan fan

Dyersburg, TN

#5 Apr 8, 2011
person wrote:
DC..I can understand you being upset and I dont blame you..but this isnt the place for it..Please dont hold all of Dyersburg accountable for the actions of 1..
I do not know either child involved..but my prayers have been with both today...its a sad sad situation any way you look at it..
but anger will only cause others to get hurt...
What does D.C. have to do with what happened,Or did you mean CC
ddd

Dyersburg, TN

#6 Apr 8, 2011
my son goes to dyersburg and i am so sorry this happened. it is so tragic. my prayers are for the young man who was injured and his family. 2 lives have been changed forever when their lives hadn't even started. my heart goes out to all involved. sad very sad. please kids think before you act. you can't change it after the fact but you can before. what seems to be a big issue now will not be one in the future.
Hilarious

Williamsburg, KY

#7 Apr 8, 2011
trojan fan wrote:
<quoted text>What does D.C. have to do with what happened,Or did you mean CC
His posted tag was duck commander thus abbreviated D.C.
Abc

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2011
I personally don't think Adam done it and meant for this to happen....my prays are for both family's but I know Adam he wouldnt just hit somebody with a car...
mamaof2

Dyersburg, TN

#9 Apr 9, 2011
look everyone is making adam out to be a monster and thats not the case. the kid from crockett had followed adam with some other boys trying ti jump him. they tried to get adam out of the car butadam is not going to get out to get beat up. the other kid wanted to be a hard a$$ and stand in the middle of the road so adam would get out of the car. adam then sped up thinking the other kid would be smart enough to move. so i feel like it was bad decision making on both parts. do not sit there and judge adam like that because anyone of us could have done the same thing. please pray for both families involed! One young man is seriously injured and another has to begin his life a an adult in prison.
mamaof2

Dyersburg, TN

#10 Apr 9, 2011
duck commander312 wrote:
i am currently a sophmore at crockett country high school and the victim is not in very good condition adam purvis of dyersburg thursday night ran over Riley Ward of crockett country because adam had cussed at riley and his gang thenran him over and ran from cops and fuck adam
I know you arehurting for your friend but both kids were wrong in this situation. I will pray for you and the hurt you are feeling but please do not get on here talking about adam like that. BOTH kids made a bad decisio and now BOTH of them are dealing with the consequences. I wish your fried the best but you need to pray about the way you are feeling and for adam. It says in the bible to pray for your enemies and try to forgive. you ar too young to go the rest of your life holding a grudge like that. my prayers are with you and everyone involved. God Bless

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#11 Apr 9, 2011
mamaof2 wrote:
look everyone is making adam out to be a monster and thats not the case. the kid from crockett had followed adam with some other boys trying ti jump him. they tried to get adam out of the car butadam is not going to get out to get beat up. the other kid wanted to be a hard a$$ and stand in the middle of the road so adam would get out of the car. adam then sped up thinking the other kid would be smart enough to move. so i feel like it was bad decision making on both parts. do not sit there and judge adam like that because anyone of us could have done the same thing. please pray for both families involed! One young man is seriously injured and another has to begin his life a an adult in prison.
Are you kidding me???!!! No, we are not making Adam out to be a monster..we are simply telling the truth about him! He premeditated the murder of Riley Ward!!! For those of you who don't know, I have been told that Riley passed away yesterday. My condolences go out to his family, AND Adams family for the death of Riley, and the suffering that Adams family will now have to endure in knowing that their son is nothing but a COLD BLOODED KILLER !!! What else do you call in when someone deliberately runs another human being down??!! He had the choice to stop, but he didn't. I hope our justice system gets their head out of their butt, and throws the key away when Adam is sentenced!!! May God have mercy on Adams soul, because nobody in Dyer County should!!!!!
Hmmm

Dyersburg, TN

#12 Apr 9, 2011
They have said he didn't pass away..He is still alive.
mamaof2

Dyersburg, TN

#13 Apr 9, 2011
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me???!!! No, we are not making Adam out to be a monster..we are simply telling the truth about him! He premeditated the murder of Riley Ward!!! For those of you who don't know, I have been told that Riley passed away yesterday. My condolences go out to his family, AND Adams family for the death of Riley, and the suffering that Adams family will now have to endure in knowing that their son is nothing but a COLD BLOODED KILLER !!! What else do you call in when someone deliberately runs another human being down??!! He had the choice to stop, but he didn't. I hope our justice system gets their head out of their butt, and throws the key away when Adam is sentenced!!! May God have mercy on Adams soul, because nobody in Dyer County should!!!!!
see thats the problem with this place. you do not know wht you would have done in this situation. the other kid wanted to be big and bad and he got what he deserved. that was the consequence of HIS ACTIONS. adam will also have to face the consequences of HIS ACTIONS too. the kid had no intention of killing the kid and in all honesty the boy should not have stood in font of the car! they were trying to get adam out of the car so they could jump him. adam didn't just drive down the street and decide to run someone over for the hell of it. LIKE I SAID IT WAS A BAD DECISION MADE BY BOTH BOYS AND NOW BOTH OF THEM ARE DEALING WITH THE CONSEQUENCES. I am not gonna sit here and talk about the other boy like e is asaint because he got hurt. he was trying to be hard and adam was trying to be harder. the kid should ot have stood in the middlee of the rod and he ould not have gotten hit period!
Wowdude

Savannah, TN

#14 Apr 9, 2011
Adam is a bitch.
Life in prison, please.
whatf-inever

Dyersburg, TN

#15 Apr 9, 2011
Wowdude wrote:
Adam is a bitch.
Life in prison, please.
the same could be said about the other guy. if he didnt want to get hit he should have moved out of the way! he is not so big and bad in that hospital bed is he?

Dyersburg, TN

#17 Apr 9, 2011
Does anybody think maybe Adam may have feared for his life and that this could have been self defense
friend

Jackson, TN

#19 Apr 9, 2011
Riley Ward is a good kid and did not deserve what happened to him - no one deserves such pain he is going thru. You don't just run over someone. Once it is done you can't take it back like talking. He is 18 and knew what he was doing. People need to change their lives and live the right path. Riley is improving but very slowly. With God all things are possible. People need to remember this.
dburg

Faith, NC

#20 Apr 9, 2011
I have known adam for about a year and we were really good friends and I know he can get mad but he didn't mean to he was just trying to scare him he hit a speedbump and didn't have time to brake and the kid in fount of his car didn't move so its a fault on both sides and im sorry for whatever happened to either side.
nobody

Faith, NC

#21 Apr 9, 2011
Wowdude wrote:
Adam is a bitch.
Life in prison, please.
Go f urself he is cool but has a temper so screw off kid should moved his ass
adams homey

Faith, NC

#22 Apr 9, 2011
Wowdude wrote:
Adam is a bitch.
Life in prison, please.
Ur the bitch adam tried to hit his brakes but there was a speed bump and the guy should hauled his ass out of the way
Adam is the biggest hard ass and this guy try to out do him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dyersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city employees retirement. .....employees are g... 8 min concerned 1
Hiding another relationship from her parents 17 min runningshoes 2
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 31 min Natalie 3,891
God is Great 32 min guest 1,121
pepper_126 (Mar '13) 38 min Natalie 7,249
Stacy cracker barrel we want gone 48 min fyi 2
Stacy cracker barrel 48 min fyi 10
Andrea Cook 54 min Very Sad 25
Search for Missing Karen Swift (Oct '11) 13 hr bno 99,298
Dairy Queen 14 hr Mr Coffee 26